Tempest Trial+ : Life is But Fleeting (Dec 18th)

Diovani Bressan

I am really hoping that these 2 TTs have Bruno and regular Veronica as the TT units, but that is a pipe dream.  IS got a lot of flack last year for having MM as the TT reward for the Christmas TT, so I am hoping that they won't do that again.  The players that want +10 MM probably already have him at +10 anyway.  I just want new units and good seals.  As to my team I will wait and see who the bonus units are and then build a team around a bonus unit.

Edited by EricaofRenais

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ouch. My punishment for having him already at +10.

Same. But I probably won't miss those 250 Grails too much in the long term.

No idea for the TT themes. But I can't help notice their proximity to the next two seasonal banners. I'd say the second TT certainly gives clues for which units we may see on the new years banner - all princesses.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Also, we will have another Tempest Trial starting on January 1st named "An Alliance of Princesses"... Get ready for some Tempest Trial battles!

One thing to note is that the Japanese name of the Tempest Trials specifically says "three princesses". It's most likely referring to Sharena, Fjorm, and Eir, though it's entirely possible to sneak in other combinations, like Veronica, Laevatein, and Laegjarn.

EDIT: The name of the Tempest Trials roughly translates as "If you bring three princesses together...".

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If I would fodder Laevatein, it would be for Atk/Def Link, because I am  not a huge fan of Wave Skills. I have a Legendary Lucina

That Link skill is fun on Laev, but Lucina is a great idea too. 

56 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am really hoping that these 2 TTs have Bruno and regular Veronica as the TT units,

I'd love that too, but changes are low.

27 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Same. But I probably won't miss those 250 Grails too much in the long term.

Yeah, that was the idea. MM is an overall cheap +10 unit. 

I don’t have a clue for the theme, maybe it focuses on Eir??

Just hoping for good seals. I wouldn’t even be too annoyed by a MM repeat if the seals are top notch. 

As for the TT< I'm willing to bet it's Christmas days. Fleeting Days can be linked to how fast the Holliday season passes.

Or it could be story for all I know. If it is story, maybe we'll get more backstory? That'll be great since Book 3 is already off to a great start.

Now the January one will be for obvious reasons new Years celebration based, so likely no story. Unless it's based off of Radiant Dawn in some way, in which case it would be Elincia, Sanaki and Micaiah which IMO would be one hell of a cool TT.

On a completely random note, I'm not sure Veronica actually counts as a princess for this case because the Japanese name uses "王女" as the word for "princess" whereas Veronica's title is technically "皇女". The former refers to a princess of a kingdom whereas the latter refers to a princess of an empire.

Then again, they could also just be using it as a generic term.

13 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Unless it's based off of Radiant Dawn in some way, in which case it would be Elincia, Sanaki and Micaiah which IMO would be one hell of a cool TT.

Sanaki is an empress and would probably not like lightly to you demoting her to a princess. Micaiah I don't believe has ever been a princess, being promoted almost directly from commoner to queen (though even if you count her as a princess of Begnion, Begnion is still an empire).

Edited by Ice Dragon

36 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Three Princesses? I’ll go with Camilla, Caeda and...L A’rachel, Eirika or Lissa.

Eir doesn’t interest me. I hope the reward isn’t MM. 

Please not Lissa. Not another f***ing staff unit in 3HQ. 

To be fair, when I saw the "Three-Princesses Quest", I thought about "complete the quests using Sharena, Fjorm and Eir", and not "Three Heroes Quests but the units rewards are princesses". I believe it will be like the "Order of Heroes" quests we got in early september, which we needed to defeat some type of foes with Alfonse, Sharena or Anna. 

havent gotten a TT for a while so i am pumped for seals.

Hopefully we get:

1. Shield pulse, Windsweep, Escape Route or Null Follow up 3 (doubt this one), prolly though Def or Res smoke to finish that line of seals.

2. will be some blabla Dancer seal or some other mildly not so usefull but still okeish skill (hopeing for Aerobatics)

3. will be prolly Earth boost or so (which translates int meh)

but i could be also wrong and IS surprises us! Fury 3 Seal would be welcome to so you can hit Wings of Mercy shenanigans easy with offensiv units

13 minutes ago, Hilda said:

havent gotten a TT for a while so i am pumped for seals.

Hopefully we get:

1. Shield pulse, Windsweep, Escape Route or Null Follow up 3 (doubt this one), prolly though Def or Res smoke to finish that line of seals.

2. will be some blabla Dancer seal or some other mildly not so usefull but still okeish skill (hopeing for Aerobatics)

3. will be prolly Earth boost or so (which translates int meh)

but i could be also wrong and IS surprises us! Fury 3 Seal would be welcome to so you can hit Wings of Mercy shenanigans easy with offensiv units

I doubt Null Follow Up will appear as a seal so soon too. And we had the earth blessing in Octorber. I believe we will get a water blessing, since the last time we had water in TT+ was in June. 

The seals I want: Wings of Mercy, Atk Spd Plus, Def or Res Smoke, Atk or Spd Tactic, Vantage, Drive Res.

46 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I doubt Null Follow Up will appear as a seal so soon too. And we had the earth blessing in Octorber. I believe we will get a water blessing, since the last time we had water in TT+ was in June. 

The seals I want: Wings of Mercy, Atk Spd Plus, Def or Res Smoke, Atk or Spd Tactic, Vantage, Drive Res.

wings of mercy no, escape route yes. WoM is a can we dont want to open because its alot easier to control then Escape route. (although Escape route becomes more deadly once it activates)

41 minutes ago, Hilda said:

wings of mercy no, escape route yes. WoM is a can we dont want to open because its alot easier to control then Escape route. (although Escape route becomes more deadly once it activates)

how does escape route work exactly? 

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

how does escape route work exactly? 

When a unit's HP is <= 50% (at level 3), they can warp next to ANY allied unit.  It has its uses, for example - if a dancer can tank a hit or two, then they can warp next to anyone they want, regardless of the other allies' HP.

1 minute ago, DarkAlf said:

When a unit's HP is <= 50% (at level 3), they can warp next to ANY allied unit.  It has its uses, for example - if a dancer can tank a hit or two, then they can warp next to anyone they want, regardless of the other allies' HP.

ooohh. 
that's.... coool. i might do that for some of my dancers instead of WOM. just be like hahaa you hit my dancer. prepare to die. 

(Thanks!! :) )

It's hard to assign even an already existent TT unit to be rerun in this theme. Mostly it's too soon after Y!Azura. She would have fit like a glove. 

Maybe it's a new unit after all. Maybe it's a unit that has a scripted death in it's game. Like the gen 1 Genealogy folk, or Scarlet, or any of parent of a protagonist.

2 hours ago, RexBolt said:

It's hard to assign even an already existent TT unit to be rerun in this theme. Mostly it's too soon after Y!Azura. She would have fit like a glove. 

Maybe it's a new unit after all. Maybe it's a unit that has a scripted death in it's game. Like the gen 1 Genealogy folk, or Scarlet, or any of parent of a protagonist.

Scarlet pls! 
#needmoreaxeunits

Random speculation- Eir will definitely be a bonus unit, but the others could be units that fell in battle (Laegjarn, Surtr, Helbindi, Gunnthra) or about to die (Fjorm, Sharena?)

...but then again we just had banners of those units so it feels repetitive.

Or it could be units the died in their original games, like some certain units associated with Fire or a Berserker's curse?

8 hours ago, Hilda said:

I'm still hoping for a WoM seal, just to use Breakers in my clears. 

Bold Fighter + WoM in Arena/AR would be the price ...