How'd you guys come up with your usernames?

Sub Zero

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a fifth grader, I was just getting into mmos and at one point was looking for a new name for a character. I knew her was going to be a healer because that's what I'd always been drawn to, and their relatively more peaceful role became Peace. Ribbon I think came out of the fact that these kinds of characters usually wear flowing clothes, but even I'm not sure why Ribbon specifically.

After that it just became part of me.

I've burned through several Usernames over the years, my current Username is about 4 to 5 years old now and probably the one I've stuck with the longest. At the time I was deeply caught up in my religious education preparing to become a full member of the Catholic Church, "TheGood" came from the idea of striving to live by 7 Heavenly Virtues and achieving Sainthood at the end of my days. Also at the time the original Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii was my favorite video game and in the game the humans of the game's fantasy world were know as The Homs rather than as Humanity, so I felt I could use "Homs" as a Xenoblade tribute when creating my new Username and now here I am.

well, my reddit, steam, and forum accts are uninspired fanboy shit (gray fox, phoenix wright). my very first psn account was particularly cringy, as i wanted to come up with something that i enjoyed but wasn't trite. what came up in 12yo me's mind: gray_fox_007.

a name that im proud of: alt reddit acct and blizzard acct. inurblackhol (never fits the whole thing). it's precisely the right mixture of my love for astronomy and sexual innuendos 

Every gamer has a title that captured their attention like no other at just the right time: mine was Final Fantasy VI.

There are few things in this world that can stir a little bit of warmth into my barnacled stone of a heart, but one of them is a 16-bit dog that protects a sassy little girl and her deadbeat dad.

I registered here as "LuckyTogekiss" and that nickname became to exist thanks to my buddies who blamed my Togekiss for making their Pokémon flinch with the Air Slash + Serene Grace combo. I went with that username for quite some time, then I changed it to "1% Critical Hit" which was one time that I was playing FE7 with a Lute patch. I was about to fuck up a map that was really difficult and Lute (or Erk) critted the boss with a 1% chance.

Also the name is just hilarious and perfect for some jokes.

I like Chao and I like the Sonic character Chaos, and Light Chao are Chao that look like Chaos. 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. I came up with the username ten years ago on Club Penguin and I've used it ever since.

I also answer to Light, Chao, LC42 and, depending on who you are, Lightchaos42.

Since my hands usually get really dry when the winds become colder nearing winter, I usually wear gloves (I hate dry hands), so I thought it's kind of a fitting name, that also doesn't sound too edgy or anything. 25 is, well my favourite number is 5, so it was supposed to be in my name, but I figured it might look like I was born in 2005 (like those usernames including numbers: XY99, somethingsomething97...), so instead I use 25, which is day I was born. There is another username I regularly use: spuninh. What does that mean, I have no idea. In my first year of uni I went to some great party with my roommate, and in the morning he started to reread the group-chat from last night, and one of my sentences (none of them made any sense actually) contained this word. Welp... Right now I'm waiting for my apelido (kind of nickname) from my capoeira class, and if it's good I will probably stick with it in the long run.

3 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

I didn't. I'm using my real name.

You forgot Shadow tho.

I had it this boi uses nino after my 1st fe7 run. critical sniper is to coincide with my youtube channel and @1% Critical Hit helped me with it.

Edited by Critical Sniper

I haven't always gone by Arcphoenix. I used to run a clan called "Eternal Phoenix United" under a different name. One day I decided to entitle myself "Arcphoenix" in reference to the clan and as a sort of indication of my leadership style - a bit higher and should be respected, but otherwise the same as everyone else in the clan. I respected everyone as I would myself. Since then Arcphoenix has sort of just stuck and I've been using it ever since.

Just a random note, the spelling was originally supposed to be "Archphoenix" but had to cut the "h" due to name length limitations in Clash of Clans.

I played a lot of Sonic Adventure Battle 2 when I was younger and spent ages trying to get a Peridot Chao. When I finally did, I named it after myself (since that's my birthstone) and realised I was one heck of a Cute Chao xD

This is a really old username from years back. I go by Zenelle these days online, but it felt really nostalgic when I came back to this site, so I kept it :)