How'd you guys come up with your usernames?

Sub Zero

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a fan of the "Dark is not evil" trope and thinking about the cool sci-fi aspect of cores at the time (spur of the moment), I searched up words relating to darkness and noir was one that caught my attention for being unique. Which throws me off when I see the word again somewhere else. :P

On 13/12/2018 at 2:13 PM, Phoenix Wright said:

well, my reddit, steam, and forum accts are uninspired fanboy shit (gray fox, phoenix wright). my very first psn account was particularly cringy, as i wanted to come up with something that i enjoyed but wasn't trite.

Who'd guess you'd choose Trite as your username later on.

Also, uh, mine is pretty self-explanatory. I also sometimes use Crissaegrim, which is named after the sword from The Silmarillion (but I had Alucard's Symphony of the Night sword in mind at the time). It's an ok step from <random_american_name> (not my name) the Hedgehog, which I used until my 14s and people more familiarized with me still call me by that, I guess.

44 minutes ago, Rapier said:

Also, uh, mine is pretty self-explanatory. I also sometimes use Crissaegrim, which is named after the sword from The Silmarillion (but I had Alucard's Symphony of the Night sword in mind at the time). It's an ok step from <random_american_name> (not my name) the Hedgehog, which I used until my 14s and people more familiarized with me still call me by that, I guess.

Rapier the Hedgehog it is~!  Have the best of both worlds~!

Partly it reflects on my liking for such characters as the Anguished One from Devil Survivor 2, and Liptti and Teo from Radiant Historia.

Yet it also represents what I sorta wish I could in an ideal world do- observe humanity from afar, taking it all in for eons to come.

It all started with the Pokemon TCG for the gameboy color.

T,U, and V are right next to each other on the character name screen and I me and my brother needed something to end it with (it couldn't have been Tuv, thats just stupid) so we added a Y, which was also close to T,U, and V.

It stuck and here we are.

On 12/14/2018 at 4:12 AM, Solvaij said:

After Solveig's Song from Peer Gynt. Solvaij is another spelling of Solveig.

we got to listen to this song in academic decathlon (acdec) back in high school. was one of my favorites!!

On 12/27/2018 at 10:55 PM, Rapier said:

image.png.26e2e012dd0f8419670cd8870ecb7b47.png

shoulda been a gif but i guess those aren't supported yet

It’s the name of tha main character in the Deltora Quest series. Read DQ as a kid and really liked it, and I couldn’t think of any other name for my SF account. I use all kinds of names and don’t really stick with a single gamer tag.