How'd you guys come up with your usernames?

Sub Zero

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was young, I was not interested in any kind of social media, but my mother asked me to choose a name for a Facebook account she needed for games (really...). So Alex is similar to my real name and Cadwish is a portmanteau word (Cadoizo and wish; Cadoizo is the french name of Delibird, a pokemon I don't like).

So it's a username I didn't want, composed of a pokemon I don't like. But I like this username, because I'm used to it now.

10 hours ago, sothis said:

I just think she's neat.

So is her mythological counterpart, and a really kickass tune from Vader.

It was the first thing to come up tbh because I had just finished my first FE7 run and used her for the heck of it. The rest of the story is in my signature. But it went from My current name to Critical Sniper to my current name back

Basically following off my previous account identities from other networking sites (YT, Serebii, Twitter, FB, etc.). As for the origin of my identity as Kane, it primarily started from when I didn't have any other decent original internet identity back in the good ol days of 2010 as all my previous accounts as a youth was just Ash (in reference to Pokemon's Ash Ketchup) and some numbers. Come one day after having binged the Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki OVA series, I went on to the movie releases and kinda found a chord in the main villain's name of one of the movies (which I now know is a biblical reference in Cain rather than the Kane spelling I interpreted it as.) Combine that with my - absolute and undying adoration and love for dragons as my favourite mythological creature that I kinda got from my mother and video games only served to reinforce - and boom, I got my internet identity.

Kuroi *Dark* Arashi *Storm* Dragon *um...... Ryu :P*.

Back when I was a teenager I used to love roleplaying websites. While I mainly frequented pokemon sites, there was this one occasion where I went to a Bleach site. While thinking of a name for my Zanpaktou, I realized a lot of the names of Zanpaktou were different words put together. I wanted to do the same so I did so. I came up with a few different names including Kurashi which I never used as a sword name but as my own username because I was an edgy teen *Kuroi* liked electricity as an element of my RPGs *Arashi* and loved dragons. The name has been stuck with me ever sense as I cant be bothered to come up with anything else and I do still like the name. Relic of a bygone era I suppose.

Warchief has been my online handle for a while. As for the Bretonnia motif everywhere else, well got to honor my old Warhammer Fantasy Army somehow, especially since they were unceremoniously axed in Age of Sigmar.  

• 1 month later...

Name theming based around my friends' Runescape usernames. I don't know what led to them picking theirs. Even after I stopped playing RS I had found myself playing magic classes a lot during RPGs so I just kept it for the most part.

• 3 weeks later...

When I was younger, I was really into writing. The name for one of the characters I created was Anathaco, which was made by messing around with my IRL name (Anthony). It just stuck.

My Discord name is a more interesting story, though I'm not on the forum's official discord, so very few people here know it. The name is Destroyer of Ecosystems, based on an epithet I was given in eighth grade. In science class, we were outside looking at plants for some reason or another. One of my friends saw an earthworm and picked it up and moved it from where it was chilling, enjoying its life. I made a massive deal about it, condemning him for ruining the life of this poor earthworm and taking him away from his family. I teased him about that for a week or so...

Up until we went on an excursion to a nearby mangrove swamp. We came to an area where there were a bunch of little holes that were made by little tiny crabs burrowing underneath the ground. Apparently I stepped on one of these holes, and apparently I collapsed it. My friend started making an even bigger deal than I did about the earthworm, saying I had murdered an entire ecosystem of crabs, and unfortunately for me, more friends were around to witness this and join in the condemnation.

They say history is written by the victors, which I know firsthand to be absolutely true. Nobody even remembers that poor earthworm, but the teasing about me being the "Destroyer of Ecosystems" has lasted to this day, to the point where I just accepted it and made it my Discord name.

• 3 weeks later...

Bhoop is my IRL nickname. It kinda stuck after freshman year of high school because my real name was too long to pronounce easily. it used to be Boop, but I added the H as it doesn't change the sound of the name and people can't say "oH LOoK It'S PoOP".

Edited by Bhoop

I used to use my surname as my username but then wanted a name for places I wanted to be more private so corrupted my middle name and it honestly just stuck regardless of what I signed up to. 42 is my favourite number, not sure why, might blame Douglas Adams. The 1 is also there. For reasons. Probably.

• 2 weeks later...