How'd you guys come up with your usernames?

Sub Zero

He is a minor protagonist from a project of mine I've been working on for a little while now. I chose him out of every one, even though he isn't my absolute favorite out of all the characters I created, because I adore the German Landaknecht. I'm also a fan of the Manaketes in the series and he is one of the few I added to the story.

Edited by Sir Wolfram of Vallora
I just realized this is almost a month old, I hope I didnt go over the limit.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My name is just based on my real-life name, but I just decided to hide it a little more with a school subject "Arte = Art"

And 71 is based of a character that I liked from a mexican show called "El Chavo", she's known as the "Witch of 71" and I thought she was funny in the show.

Benice is an inside joke from my school. There was a poster on a wall that had chemeical elementa spelling out be nice, but it was only pn one line with no spaces, so it si ply read Benice.

This has been one of my online names for a while, and it was Fire Emblem related which felt appropriate. Eltosian was the translated name of Eldigan in the first partially translated version of FE4 game I played back in the day, and Kadath is a literary reference to the works of H.P. Lovecraft.

i was playing randomized genealogy and got a forseti dew, married him to brigid, and then patty killed w it julius after being my best non-celice unit in gen 2

also forseti patty in the base game is a massive flex and i hope one day i manage to actually marry lewyn off to brigid

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, NolanBaumgartner said:

If you recognize my username, we should go crush some sandos after praccy then wheel some snipes for ourselves.

If you don't know the name, give yourself a six-knuckler... or google it. 

You're named after a certain former Giants pitcher who secretly is good at rodeos and went up against Thor a few years ago in the NL wild card game.

Honestly, probably one of the better play-on-word nicknames I've heard.

Edited by Benice

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

You're named after a certain former Giants pitcher who secretly is good at rodeos and went up against Thor a few years ago in the NL wild card game.

Honestly, probably one of the better play-on-word nicknames I've heard.

You're giving me more credit than I deserve! By Nolan Baumgartner, I literally mean... Nolan Baumgartner 😁

1 minute ago, NolanBaumgartner said:

You're giving me more credit than I deserve! By Nolan Baumgartner, I literally mean... Nolan Baumgartner 😁

I just earned myself a six-knuckler...

Ah well. It still technically works in the way I (mis)interpreted it.

Edited by Benice

When I was younger I always thought James Bond was real cool so I ended up fusing it with my first name (...Alex, lol). 

Nowadays on things like discord I tend to go just by 'Alex' or 'Alex - Music Man' because I end up answering a lot of music questions or rambling out music things since that's my college major. 

15 minutes ago, Alexbond said:

Nowadays on things like discord I tend to go just by 'Alex' or 'Alex - Music Man' because I end up answering a lot of music questions or rambling out music things since that's my college major. 

Yo ok you should learn how to play the oboe so you can actually get students to play it. We need new blood! The world needs more people who can teach oboe.

15 minutes ago, NolanBaumgartner said:

All good, you're the one who had me googling. 😁

Welp, I was thinking of Madison Bumgardner because for some reason I forgot that his name was Madison not Nolan. I really need to work on getting my facts straight.

I'd also like to point out that benice is pronounced Ben-hiss (but no H sound, just the rest of the sound hiss) and is not to be confused with Benis.

Just now, Benice said:

Yo ok you should learn how to play the oboe so you can actually get students to play it. We need new blood! The world needs more people who can teach oboe.

I've always been rather poor at the double reeds. I'd love to learn, but I'm working on Clarinet and Flute right now.

My primary instrument is French Horn though and to be honest there's a stunning lack of directors that teach French Horn around my part of Arkansas which is quite sad. It's such a difficult instruments and for a lot of directors they don't know or just don't push their students to get over the incredibly high learning curve. 

8 hours ago, Alexbond said:

I've always been rather poor at the double reeds. I'd love to learn, but I'm working on Clarinet and Flute right now.

My primary instrument is French Horn though and to be honest there's a stunning lack of directors that teach French Horn around my part of Arkansas which is quite sad. It's such a difficult instruments and for a lot of directors they don't know or just don't push their students to get over the incredibly high learning curve. 

Well, I love all of the instruments you're learning, (especially the french horn,) and I hope you find success no matter what you play!

Also yeah, the oboe is rough for the first six-eight months, and you still sound like a duck for he next five or six years.. If the french horn is considered harder than the oboe, I don't even want to think about how hard it is,

Well, I don't think I need to explain this to you..because I've explained it to you before but screw it I want to keep this topic goin' for you @Sub Zero..even though you're not coming back to this site. Miss ya cuz.

It's what my dad wanted my middle name to be. But things changed. I still liked it though and I stuck with it. It's my username on almost all my social media profiles.

"Vanguard" comes from Ike's final class in Radiant Dawn. I picked that because Ike is easily my favourite Fire Emblem character. The "333" is just something I picked almost-randomly in case just "Vanguard" was already taken. 

Nickel Plate Road is the nickname of a railway that operated in the mid west, Numerous legends have grown about when and how the name "Nickel Plate" was first applied. The accepted version is that it appeared first in an article in the Norwalk, Ohio, Chronicle of March 10, 1881. On that date the Chronicle reported the arrival of a party of engineers to make a survey for the "great New York and St. Louis double track, nickel plated railroad."