Olivia, Festival Dancer Extraordinaire

ArgentSable

"Do my best!"

So, in year 1, we were blessed by the Olivia with the best art and VA (cause lets be honest that art is great), and as a fan of Awakening and her charcter I had to go and get her. I was unlucky and lucky enough to get 2 units (one of which was horrid and the other manageable). Now that her rerun has passed and I've had time to invest more into her as time went on, I dove in, merged her and boosted her up. Since I've posted this elsewhere (other sites) but never here, I'm going to post my 2 major builds for her and 1 weird experimental build. First off, stats though. Can't showcase a unit's build until I post their stats now can I?

The Statline

HP: 34

Atk: 28

Spd: 34

Def: 16

Res: 28

BST: 140

The Skills

Weapon: Dancer's Fan+

Assist: Dance

Special: None

A Skill: Distant Def 3

B Skill: Blaze Dance 3

C Skill: None

So baseline she's a  useful and very viable mage tank alongside being a reliable support unit as are most if not all dancers in the game once invested into. However, in my time using her (and this is before Mystic Boost was implemented) I always found that, she couldn't really do much else aside from tank mage hits. I would have preffered to be able to fight units at melee range (as daggers do in Fates), and I loved using her so I had to invest into her somehow. Then came along our free Takumi and his sacrifice was not in vain! For she's come in handy in a million different events.  So, here's 1 pricey, 1 budget, and 1 experimental build I've decided to brandish her with (one of which, the last one, depends on my luck in the current Hero Fest or later this month, the LHB).

Note! "I run Summoner Support! Thus her stats are slightly boosted. Keep that in mind when doing calcs regarding how she's built."

Build #1 The Tactician's Guard

Spoiler

The Statline (at +8, +atk-res)

HP: 43

Atk: 36

Spd: 39

Def: 21

Res: 30

Weapon: Barb Shuriken+ (Defense Refined)
Special: Blue Flame
A Skill: Close Counter
B Skill: Chill Atk
C Skill: Odd/Even Atk Wave/Atk Tactic
Seal: Atk/Def Bond/Close Def

This build with my Olivia's IV's (+atk-res at +8) keeps her def and res at a nice 29/30 with the bond active and or 30/36 with Close Def active (though I'm hoping for Def/Res Bond on a TT). This synergizes amazingly with the tactics team she's in, allowing her to reach a very well rounded 35/36 or 36/42 for Olivia and as such makes her an extremely powerful unit. Now, why would I run such a build opposed to pure support? Well, my units tend to be either extremely bulky, or support, and as such, Olivia works as a bodyguard of sort (mostly for my Robin who doesn't run CC yet cause I'm not going to go crazy on him). She can refresh units, and take a fair bit of damage with her atk reaching 53 or staying at 48 with Atk/Def Bond and Close Def active. Do note I'm not accounting for Chill Atk as a debuff for the enemy she's fighting since setting her up to take the hit from said enemy, at times, is purely suicide. As such this is for moments when my team relies on her and she's the last line of defense, if you will.

Build #2: The Cheerleader

Spoiler

Weapon: Barb Shuriken+ (Defense Refined)
Special: Iceberg
A Skill: Distant Def
B Skill: Chill Atk
C Skill: Atk Tactic/Drive Atk
Seal: Res Tactic/Def Tactic/Drive Spd/Atk/Def/Res

This build relies mostly on some of the premises of the other build, but lends itself to endgame activities such as GHB's, LHB's and BHB's. The buffs she ports and debuffs she can bring make any fight much easier,  since she has access to the majority of build options for buffs ingame. As such, this is a purely utility set, and focuses alongside being a cheerleader, and a potent one at that. She can do damage as well, however due to the likeliness of her being close to units as usual, dancing or being a wall if need be, she sports blue flame as an easy way to kill something that my other units couldn't finish off (preferably ranged). She can also tank a fair set of melee and ranged units due to her set of IV's (though your situation may be very different)

Build #3 Mojo Blocker

Spoiler

Weapon: Barb Shuriken+ (Res Refined)
Special: Blue Flame
A Skill: Close Counter
B Skill: Mystic Boost
C Skill: Odd/Even Atk Wave/Atk Tactic
Seal: Close Def

This build is more along the lines of her base potential, and that is her ability to easily combat mages. This in turn, alongisde Mystic Boost now being a wonderful skill, allows her to combat dragons as well (something the first build can do) but in a much easier way, not needing as much effort regarding IV selection or buffs. Her Res (assuming neutral res at base and then +8) would be nearly 34 and or 38 without buffs. With buffs like tactic buffs, or simple drives she'd hit the higher 40's, and be able to take down mages, and dragons all the while maintaining her health at a very manageable levels for combat. However since Mystic Boost is new (and still kinda rare) this is more a future project, if it even works out in the end.

PS: Last Build seems awfully inefficient given my Olivia's IV"s (+atk -res at +8) and how she's mostly rocking the first setup 90% of the time and as such is mostly just me thinking aloud. If you have any ideas on it, go ahead and lemme know why I'm crazy or if it's even good overall.

Also, if you have any advice, or are just curious about something go ham and ask away.

PPS: Any grammar errors lemme know.  A lot of text and it's easy to F-up somewhere.

Edit #1: A lot

Edited by ArgentSable

2 hours ago, ArgentSable said:

PPS: Any grammar errors lemme know. Alot of text and it's easy to F-up somewhere.

A lot is always two words, never one. This is one of the easiest screwups in all of writing. Grammar error fixed, good deed of the day done, now back to Smash. Also yes, that is the best Olivia art by far.

A few comments on formatting, at the very least since I don't have the time to scrutinize at builds right now (partly because I still haven't figured out what daggers are really supposed to do in the current meta):

• Use Shift+Enter to start a new line without starting a new paragraph. This lets you condense the stats and skills into a more coherent block that is easier to read.
  • Include the + and - versions of each stat in the list of stats in her overview. It helps to know if any of her stats have +4 or -4, and I know some of them do.
  • When listing builds, use stats at +0 merge level for easier reference.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

A few comments on formatting, at the very least since I don't have the time to scrutinize at builds right now (partly because I still haven't figured out what daggers are really supposed to do in the current meta):

• Use Shift+Enter to start a new line without starting a new paragraph. This lets you condense the stats and skills into a more coherent block that is easier to read.
  • Include the + and - versions of each stat in the list of stats in her overview. It helps to know if any of her stats have +4 or -4, and I know some of them do.
  • When listing builds, use stats at +0 merge level for easier reference.

Okay I'll try to edit it soon. Thanks !