need some help

Shakespeare1142

I'm a semi-professional writer and i was looking to hone my skills by writing a story and some dialogue for a Rom Hack trouble is I know jack about coding or design, if anyone's interested hit me up

The Concept of the hack is that the main character is kidnapped and enslaved by a group reminicent of the roman empire and has to raise a rebelion to free the people of this nation as well as regain connections with his culture, I intend to create two new classes: Slave Driver and Hunter (One uses a whip the other uses a rifle, trying to figure out how to add new weapons and classes in FE editor) one character is a religios figure, and a christ allegory (I'm sorry if this offends anybody, I just like the idea of a character who explores the concept of redemption and empathy in the face of adversity) The villain is a King class (I intended to import and modify Zepheils model) and his primary guard are Paladins and Heros and soldiers as I feel they represent the Roman Legion best, the main characters are mostly archers monks and barbarians as they represent the gaelic and celtic people subjigated by the romans (I'd like to make it clear that this is not historical fiction it merely uses historical peoples and cultures as a basis for it's setting, as many Fire Emblems do

Edited by SamP832

Again, if hacking is too difficult to figure out, SRPG Studio might be more user-friendly and flexible.  I've made good progress with my game and the only reason I don't have more Chapters ready right now is because I've been bogged down with writing Supports.

I already have ideas for all my Supports for v1.1, but the characters I'm going to introduce in v2.0 probably won't have Support conversations.  So maybe when v2.0 comes out and you're able to play it you can come up with those after getting to know the new characters a little better.

EDIT: As for your idea, I really like it.  One of my kingdoms was also supposed to be based on the Roman Empire (though in the end this is really only reflected in character names).  Also, yeah, completely new weapon types like Whips and Firearms are way easier to implement in an SRPG Studio game than a hack, though you will probably need to hunt down custom battle animations for them.  (I've found custom Firearm graphics and a Gunner animation or two on the Japanese Internet that you might be able to make use of).

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I already have ideas for all my Supports for v1.1, but the characters I'm going to introduce in v2.0 probably won't have Support conversations.  So maybe when v2.0 comes out and you're able to play it you can come up with those after getting to know the new characters a little better.

EDIT: As for your idea, I really like it.  One of my kingdoms was also supposed to be based on the Roman Empire (though in the end this is really only reflected in character names).  Also, yeah, completely new weapon types like Whips and Firearms are way easier to implement in an SRPG Studio game than a hack, though you will probably need to hunt down custom battle animations for them.  (I've found custom Firearm graphics and a Gunner animation or two on the Japanese Internet that you might be able to make use of).

yeah dude as long as you can get me a version of the game that will run on my piece of shit mac and some character notes I'd jump at the chance, I haven't written dialogue in a while (Been writing poetry and music which is my real strong suit) I'd need to play enough to get a sense of the tone of the game 

also two big problems: can't afford SRPG studio and I'm not sure I'm capable of running it (I'm on macOS, I know I know I'm a loser get the laughs out now)

second: I've started a concept thread on this project called "Fire Emblem: Render unto Ceaser" in there are my notes thus far on the story, i'd like to recruit some help on serenes if anybody bites, my notes thus far are below, I have other stuff that I'm trying to develop before I commit to it

image.png.ecd607aa7d12ba77fc32cccf6281283d.png

Edited by SamP832

i think it would be cool to have a faction based on Ming dynasty china too, like with walled cities and wyvern riders, they would probably be the gunner class

it's weird how in FE the Sacaeins are like Mongols sort of, and the Chon Sin are feudal Japanese and Pharae is basically medieval France (Hence all the references to the saga of Roland) but there's never been Chinese people or African civilizations, I did a thread a few days back about historical cultures in fire emblem that was kinda cool