Special Heroes (Gifts of Winter)

Jingle Jangle

I'll just put my thoughts in point form.

-I love the twins but I REALLY want Tibarn so I'll be skipping. 

-Fae is adorable and the antlers on her dragon form are a 10/10

-Free Cecilia is neat and I love daggers

-Ephraim and Hector are the actual twins that were separated at birth. Festive Siegmund = Berserk Armands

-Armored healer is cool but I was more excited for H!Mia

-IS listens but at the same time they don't lmao

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, like in last year's Christmas banner it's still the same class type, but this time it offers characters from more than one game. And neither from FE13 nor FE14!!!

That's what I call an "improvement".

I'm already happy with the little things.

Anyways ZERO interest to pull from this banner as most of them since summer.

Edited by Necrofantasia

I hope Cecilia is good, as another armored dagger is pretty cool to see.  I think she's who I'd want most anyway out of these, so it's sweet that she's free. Hopefully she has good art.

Edited by Alkaid

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only problem with armors is that there aren't more of them. After almost two years, we still only have 1 tome user of each color, 2 archers, and we're only now getting our second dagger and first staff.

Fliers are also suffering from the same problem and it's just as much of a travesty, except fliers are always a few months ahead of armors (bows were the only exception).

That's not the issue I'm talking about, I'm talking about how armors are still have BST issue that people are always complaining about. I could care less that there's more of them, if anything else I want more tome users & bow armor units in general.

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

.....Well, it's not like I wanted to save any orbs for Legendary Eirika or anything. 

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Dang, you really predicted Christmas Eirika from me burning my luck in F/GO.

AND SHES THE MOST UNIQUELY BUSTED UNIT IN THE BANNER

BRB DYING FROM LAUGH

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Perhaps, but there will always be some people who complain. I just feel like removing BST as a factor would result in the fewest complaints and is the best idea.

18 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Please don’t remove BST for arena calculations. It will make horses and dancers omnipresent like in Aether raids.

While I do prefer the no BST crap, I think the current status quo is somewhat satisfactory. Aether Raids are more for players like me who would rather have rewards be limited by how well a player plays rather than how high they can get a team to score.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Maybe people need to get better at fighting armors.

My armors always seem to have an easy time doing it!

That could be said for Aether Raids or any mode in general; many of us could use some improvement in our game play. I see lots of players still whining about ranged ponies and Dancers/Singers in Aether Raids. I remember I was whining about Rival Domains when it first came out.

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

-IS listens but at the same time they don't lmao

I think it is more of their failure to communicate and slowness to act. They generally do seem to listen to feed back based on their actions, but if they are better at communicating with us and giving us development news and updates, we as players would be much more understanding and patient. They are also abysmally slow at implementing changes, especially in regards to New Heroes Foci where many players want more equal representation from certain games. While I do not care about equal representation, I do care about their ability to satisfy players and how well they do as a business; if they cannot even speed up the Foci development process after almost 2 years since launch, there is something seriously wrong with management and it makes me less optimistic about the future of Fire Emblem.

I'll pull colourless for Eirika. She's the perfect unit on my Surtr squad. Surtr gets buffed by Corrin but now Eirika can buff his attack, defense and resistance. But Surtr kind of buffs himself with +4 stats across the board so I think Eirika is probably redundant. Still first armoured healer means she has a unique niche like H!Mia so I might as well spend a few orbs. 

25 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I Cecilia is good, as another armored dagger is pretty cool to see.  I think she's who I'd want most anyway out of these, so it's sweet that she's free. Hopefully she has good art.

i wonder if they'll be nice and give her armour march?

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

I'll pull colourless for Eirika. She's the perfect unit on my Surtr squad. Surtr gets buffed by Corrin but now Eirika can buff his attack, defense and resistance. But Surtr kind of buffs himself with +4 stats across the board so I think Eirika is probably redundant. Still first armoured healer means she has a unique niche like H!Mia so I might as well spend a few orbs. 

You can play with natures a bit, and if you can get other units to have the same Atk as Surtur, you can buff more than one unit with 6/0/6/6.

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i wonder if they'll be nice and give her armour march?

That would be nice, but probably not since Fae has it. I wonder if her weapon will have a cool effect too.

45 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Adding Armor Units in Seasonal Banners makes sense... eventually IS will ended up without popular Armor Units to use in the normal characters (in fact, most of the most unpopular characters are Armors, which makes sense, most of them are dull)... There aren't many characters to choose that are actually appealing.

There are plenty of armours that have yet to be released that people want. 

47 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

-Ephraim and Hector are the actual twins that were separated at birth. Festive Siegmund = Berserk Armands

51 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

1. Ephraim and Hector can continue to be meme bros who only stopped using their signature weapon when they traded weapon types for their Brave alts.

But at least Ephraim got different movement types... Hector's been literally nothing but armor and Armads other than his CYL version and his CYL version is still armor too. xP

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can play with natures a bit, and if you can get other units to have the same Atk as Surtur, you can buff more than one unit with 6/0/6/6.

Eirika can buff the entire team, no distance, turn or move type restrictions? 

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Unless I am reading it wrong, the only restriction is that her teammates have to all have the same Atk if you want to buff everyone.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Her default weapon and default C skill buff the unit with the highest Atk. It can buff multiple units if there is a tie for first.

39 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

That's not the issue I'm talking about, I'm talking about how armors are still have BST issue that people are always complaining about. I could care less that there's more of them, if anything else I want more tome users & bow armor units in general.

I'm well aware that that's what you were talking about and am simply being cynical by injecting my own views on the matter.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I am excited for Eirika and Ephraim (sorry Fae but I got a male Grima from the hero fest). Ephraim because the best lance unit I have is a -spd unrefined Catria and Eirika cause she is new and dazzling/wrathful staff works nicely with the armored boots seal and can be a potent healer. Truth to be told Fae is interesting and can work nice but come on Surtr, Grima and Fae on the same team? Cecilia, if she is an armor then she will be used a LOT, if she isn't then she will be foddered as there is only one dagger in my life now (Eir which is waifu material sooooo). I am glad that it is a three person banner and red is missing as I have three swords and I am going for the red tome Tharja.Anyway I will be sniping colourless and blue as I wanna get also Tharja and save for ny and beast units.

Do we know the odds for the banner yet? Also what are the odds for getting Tharja when sniping in red for the previous banner?

Edited by SuperNova125

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Unless I am reading it wrong, the only restriction is that her teammates have to all have the same Atk if you want to buff everyone.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her default weapon and default C skill buff the unit with the highest Atk. It can buff multiple units if there is a tie for first.

On reflection, Titania can give the same buff and is probably less restrictive, but Eirika needs 0 investment to do so. I'll be even more excited if I pull her.

3 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Do we know the odds for the banner yet?

It'll probably be a normal 3% banner. If you mean odds for each individual, Fae will be about 5.5% and the incest twins about 3.8%.

Edited by Baldrick

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Though, what also makes me sad is that Ike is now pretty much the only top ranked character from the original CYL to not have a seasonal. Roy, Hector, Chrom, Ephraim, Camilla, Lucina, Tharja, etc. they all have seasonals now. Several Tellius characters do now too. And Ike's still been left out. Seasonal Ike when, IS? ;_;

*Laughs sadly in no seasonal Seliph or Leif*

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only problem with armors is that there aren't more of them. After almost two years, we still only have 1 tome user of each color, 2 archers, and we're only now getting our second dagger and first staff.

Fliers are also suffering from the same problem and it's just as much of a travesty, except fliers are always a few months ahead of armors (bows were the only exception).

So I got Fae leaked.

Fae's an armour because she's wearing red and has reindeer horns, has a new skill in Def/Res Bond (and now the trailers indicate new skills. Neat), has Vengeful Fighter and Armour March and her breath has an Owl effect. She even has the reindeer horns on when transformed. If only she kept the duck while transformed normally.

Ephraim is an armoured lance (Joy.). He has another Seigmund which gives him Spectrum Solo on top of the new Atk/Def Solo he has, Bold Fighter and Close Guard. 

Eirkia's a Staff Armour (WELL FRICK I THOUGHT I WAS SAFE). Her Staff gives allies with the highest attack +5 Def/Res (Well that's neat), she has Restore (Perfect with her attacking staff honestly), Dazzling (So worth it as fodder too) and her new skill gives +6 Atk to the unit with the highest attack (Well that syncs up well.)

Also Cecilia's a colourless armoured dagger. Can't say much barring her being likely free.

I can't say I'm not tempted by Eirika. Other than that this is a pass from me. We'll see how I am after Hero Fest on Monday.