A Supports

Hey Guys,

This is probably a stupid question but this is the first time i have played a GBA Game for more than 1 Hour and i can't find anything on Google. Is it possible for a Unit to gain multiple A Supports or is it like the Awakening/Fates S Support? 

29 minutes ago, MrMinus said:

Hey Guys,

This is probably a stupid question but this is the first time i have played a GBA Game for more than 1 Hour and i can't find anything on Google. Is it possible for a Unit to gain multiple A Supports or is it like the Awakening/Fates S Support? 

No. Supports are limited in the GBA games. Which is to say, a unit can only get 5 supports.

Edited by Shadow Mir

As the person above me said, no. To be more specific though, the reason for this is that a unit can have, at maximum, a total level of 5 when combining all support levels. So, say, one A and one B support is 3+2, aka 5. You can also get something like two Bs and one C (2+2+1) if you really wanted to.

It's intentionally limited so that you are only able to obtain one A-level support - there are just enough ranks any one unit can gain that they just stop short of two A supports.  And I think it's because of how paired endings work in the GBA games - you get a shared ending if a unit gets to A-rank with another unit.  But if they got two A-ranks, that'd obviously pose problems with the system, particularly since a lot of male x female supports end romantically.

It was basically their roundabout way of allowing you to pair characters up without overloading GBA hardware.  Or at least I think it is.  I'm not sure why they didn't just do S-supports from the get-go, I have to imagine there was hardware limitations or they just didn't think to do so at the time, and they didn't feel like changing much with the Radiance games.