WoL RP Thread

Dragoncat

((Some fighters can be NPCed, or written by whoever writes them first. Link is an example, I will be NPCing him.))

It had come without warning.

Or rather, without enough of a warning. Shulk, wielder of the Monado, savior of his home (although many of the fighters could say they, too, were saviors of their home), had become the resident Oracle of the Hub. He'd hoped he'd stop seeing visions of impending doom once peace returned to his homeland. But he didn't mind being called Oracle, and he was glad that he had seen the toilets explode and nearly flood the Hub Central before it happened. Saved Master Hand a lot of work. Preventing flood damage was less work than repairing it. Wario was no longer allowed to have the spicy curry that grants fire breathing ability.

Galeem found a way around the Oracle's ability. That mysterious sphere of light surrounded by feathered wings somehow delayed the vision, simply uttering "I am Galeem" before attacking with sinister beams of light. Only Kirby was able to escape, and everyone who was not a captured fighter was reduced to helpless spirit forms. 

But, the visiting children and younger relatives of the fighters were saved by Master Hand. The lord of the Hub's last words before being vaporized echoed in their ears: "Go! Find your fighter relations! Save this world!"

We now see the twin children of the Oracle himself...

Western Edge of Tepid Canyon

"...He's not moving!" A small blond girl fidgeted with her daggers, a worried tone in her voice. "I really think you shouldn't have tased him when he was down."

"Hey, Master Hand said the possessed fighters would resist with all their might! It's not like I have thunder and lightning in this thing!"

"Yeah, but what good would it do if we killed him?"

Two blue eyes flickered open, and the hylian hero slowly rose to his feet. He blinked. His brain felt like it was full of fog...last thing he remembered was getting hit with a beam of light, and then nothing but darkness...

"...Violet and Rickson?"

"LINK!" The girl hug tackled her father's closest friend in the Hub. "Thank Bionis, or...whatever higher power you want, you're alright!"

"I feel like I got struck by lightning." Rickson looked guilty at that for a second, but Link had more important questions. "...Your parents. Where are they?"

"Dad's still in the predicament you were." Rickson explained. "No idea where he, or Mom, is. Master Hand saved us kids. We all kinda went off in separate directions to find who we most want to find."

"He said the non fighters would have lost their physical forms and become spirits, guarded by dangerous enemies...and killing those enemies should bring back the spirits." Violet added. 

"HALALAHELP!"

Violet nearly jumped and got into a defensive pose, daggers pointing outward. "What was that?"

"...It almost sounded like your mother. She's nearby!"

"I just heard gibberish and it honestly sounded like a scary witch."

Link smiled and patted Rickson's head. "Keen hylian hearing never lies. That was Fiora. I'm sure of it."

"Lead us to her then!"

((Feel free to not meet up with the main group right away, I'm fine with a few posts as intro.))

A pair of horses, each with two riders, trotted along a dirt path that overlooked an unusual town and came near what appeared to be a very foggy forest. One horse was ebony black while the other was a bright palomino. The black one was also dressed in bluish green armor that matched that of one of its riders. The weather was fair, with the sun shining and a few clouds in the sky overhead. But this masked what was truly contained within the large realm that the group of four were now exploring. Hundreds of spirits now wandered a mysterious land after having been stripped of their bodies by a being known as Galeem, the lord of light. The parents of these four young people were among them. Almost, that is.

"Gosh, poor Father," the teal haired female atop the palomino horse said. "I still can't believe he was left behind to worry and do nothing while just about everyone else was captured. He must be going crazy!"

"I swear, your dad sounds like he can't go five seconds without trying to dote on you or the Ylisse royals," the blue haired boy on the black stallion replied, rolling his auburn eyes.

"Not far at all from the truth, honestly," the other, brown haired boy who was sharing the horse confirmed. "Dad's just like that. I just hope he's going to be alright."

"Me too," the teal haired girl seconded.

"Also, I can't believe you and Morgan named your horses after mine and Kael's parents, Antoinette," the green-haired girl sharing the palomino horse said. "Father will definitely find this a bit awkward."

She chuckled at the thought.

"We thought they were amazing, is all," Antoinette replied with a smile, her teal ponytail swishing about behind her. "I especially can't wait to meet your mom, Lalita!"

"Heh, hopefully we'll find her and my father soon!" Lalita agreed.

The two boys agreed. The group avoided the nearby town for the time being, as it appeared to be overrun with strange creatures and what were known as puppet fighters, pawns of Galeem that looked like the real fighters, but were actually just copies produced from the originals. They were harboring some of the lost spirits.

Moments later, Kael squinted, eyeing something oddly familiar ahead of them. Two figures were wandering nearby. His eyes bulged when he realized what he was looking at. It appeared to be his father, the legendary mercenary named Ike. It looked like his father as he appeared when he was Kael's own age of eighteen. But something was off... He was also accompanied by an unknown, shorter man with snow white hair and eerie looking robes. He carried a tome of magic.

"Hey! Morgan, Annie, hold up!" Kael spoke up. "Look over there!"

He pointed to the two figures of Ike and the white-haired robed man.

"That's Father!" Lalita gasped.

"It looks like him," Kael replied. "But something is a bit off. I think it's just a puppet, not our real father. I don't think he'd be with this weird white haired guy otherwise."

"Yeah, about him though..." Morgan said. "He has a robe like my mom's. Only...he's obviously not her."

"You're right...weird," Antoinette said.

"Well, there's two of them and four of us, let's take them out and see if we find out something important!" Kael decided, hopping off of Ike the stallion and drawing his massive sword. It was a serrated blade that belonged to Ike himself. Kael was borrowing it. Its length was over half his own height, and he needed two hands to wield it.

The others agreed and Lalita dismounted as well. Antoinette stood by with her Mend staff in case anyone took injuries. The others charged in for the attack. Lalita was armed with her silver sword and Morgan took his killer lance while remaining atop his horse. Thankfully, the trio was able to sneak up upon and easily overpower the Ike puppet and his mysterious partner with timed teamwork. It seemed that Galeem was only able to copy his victims' bodies, not their fighting skill. As soon as Kael struck the puppet of Ike only a few times, the latter disintegrated before he even hit the ground. His white-haired partner did the same when Morgan and Lalita delivered their own blows upon him.

Within seconds, a floating ball of white light appeared from where the white-haired man puppet had been.

"Huh? Where...? Who?" a young man's voice said. "...You, blue-haired man. You look a lot like my friend, Ike. But I don't think you are him. Who are you?"

Kael blinked and nearly immediately recognized the voice.

"Whoa! You're Uncle Soren! My dad's best friend!" he said. "I'm Kael, and this is my sister, Lalita."

"...Wait, what? You're supposed to be Ike's children?" Soren replied. "And I'm not anyone's uncle..."

"Oh, Lalita and I just call you that because you're so close to Dad," Kael explained. "Ike is our father, yes. We're so glad we found a familiar face!"

"...I see. I want to believe you. As I said, you bear a striking resemblance to him. And your sister has his eyes. She also reminds me of Queen Elincia..."

"She's our mother!" Lalita said with a smile.

"So I figured. Ike won her heart, eh? Not too surprised, they did seem to grow close. And I see you both have friends with you as well."

"Oh, yes, they came from another world. Their mother was captured and left somewhere around here as well," Kael explained. "This is Morgan and Antoinette."

"I see. I'm Soren, tactician and staff officer to the mercenary named Ike. We are part of the Greil Mercenaries."

"Oh yes, I've heard your name before!" Morgan realized. "My mother is a great tactician as well! I've studied under her and also read so much about you!"

"Yeah, you were one of the best tacticians known to man!" Antoinette added.

"Well, good to see my knowledge is useful to some," Soren commented, but then understandably changed the subject. "But obviously, we have a situation to attend to. You four already know what has happened here, I presume. You will need my assistance. I can provide you with battle strategies even in my spirit form.  However..."

"What?" Lalita wondered.

"I also have some news you won't like... I'm afraid your parents may not be in this realm."

"...What?! What do you mean?!" Kael gasped, almost angrily.

"But...that can't be!" Lalita cried.

"I know it seems hard to believe. But when I was taken, I could see some other spirits and warriors who had lost their bodies while I was being forced into that strange puppet," Soren explained. "I saw the real Ike being transported through a strange portal, and Elincia's spirit was going with him. I suspect they were left close by one another."

"...Well, wasn't that nice of Galeem," Kael commented sarcastically.

"Hey, that means there's a chance we'll find them together!" Lalita deduced optimistically. "I hope it's true."

"Yeah. Mr. Soren, did you see where mine and Antoinette's mother went?" Morgan wondered.

"I can't say for certain. But that man you saw me imprisoned in... I also have seen a female that looks a lot like him. That could be her. But she appeared to be sent through the same portal as Ike and Elincia, I'm afraid."

"Ugh! It sounds like we'll be wandering around for a very long time before we find any of them," Antoinette realized somberly.

"And that's why you'll need my help," Soren said. "It's going to be a long and hard road before we reach them, and we'll probably need to find more help to stand a chance."

"We did have other allies when we first came here," Kael replied. "We'll rejoin them as soon as we can. Hopefully they'll have freed some spirits and warriors by then as well."

"That works. Let's get going then. I advise against going into that forest or town, by the way. They're overrun with strong puppets and spirits from what I can tell. We'd best head in another direction."

"Understood. We were going to do that any way."

"Good."

With that, Kael and Lalita remounted the horses so the group could turn around. They chose to head south and see what was down there since they had not yet gone in that direction. Soren's glowing spirit floated alongside them.

Edited by Anacybele

(Along the coast, southeast of the central river and southwest of the mystic woods)

The young pirate boy Gull washes up on the shore, his boat destroyed in Galeem's attack, but miraculously Gull managed to come back alive. The warm sands of the beach stir him awake. Gull slowly comes to his feet and collects his belongings, which had been scattered over the sand.

"Aww man. I was really starting to like that ship." Gull thinks to himself as he stares back at the ocean. "Well ship or no ship I'm gonna need to find myself a new crew, every good pirate needs a few good deck hands." Gull turns back to the beach and quickly scans the area for other people that may have survived before heading inland.

(The coast, nearby Gull's location)

The sea crashed upon the land gently, with countless rolling waves in the distance rising and falling. A beautiful sight to be sure, but also somber, something of a requiem for the world around it. For the sea reflected the world's vastness accurately, but the vibrant motion of the waves showed only a memory of the life to which the world played host. The world was still after that day, save for the few souls who still roamed it.

Koen Belmont walked along the shore, taking respite in the calm sounds of his surrounding, and sorting through his thoughts. It all happened so quickly, at once his family and friends with him, gone the next moment. He had always thought his greatest challenge would be the arrival of dark forces, not the absence of his allies, and yet he wondered what it would take to feel this much confusion and worry in his life again. But Koen clung to hope that if his humble self was spared in the chaos, then surely there must be others, ones whom his strengths might join to set this world right.

The search hadn't been an easy one but finally, amidst the midday tides, there was driftwood deposited along the beach. Koen's pace quickened, eager to check the remains for signs of survivors. He didn't end up searching it though, because when he crossed enough distance, there stood a boy. Their eyes met and there was a moment of silent rapture at this great boon. Then Koen hailed him, "Young man, how are you doing?"

Edited by PeaceRibbon

Gull walked up to Koen and looked him over.

"How am I? Ha! I'm the toughest of the tough where I'm from!" Gull proclaimed boldly, puffing out is chest attempting to exaggerate his small stature.

"So you've got yourself a big sword there." Gull remarked pointing at Koen's Longsword, which is quite big compared to the youth's cutlass. "But how tough are you? Are you a real fighter? Or just another typical landlubber?" He asked in a snarky tone.

At the youth's confident remark, Koen couldn't help but laugh a little. But a quick glance at the cutlass poking out from behind his back signaled that his claim, while still likely exaggerated, wasn't baseless. He gave him the benefit of the doubt.

"I can carry myself in battle certainly, although I'd hate to cross blades with a warrior like you!" Another bit of laughter came over him, then Koen took to one knee so that the boy could reach his hand and held it out. "My name is Koen Belmont. It's a blessing to have met you."

From Koen's laughter, Gull got the impression he wan't being take seriously. He reached out and shook Koen's hand, but did so with a hostile look in his eyes.

"My name is Gull." He told Koen before quickly pulling his hand from Koen's grasp. "But don't think I'm just some funny little kid! I'm a big bad pirate, a feared terror of the great sea!" Gull barked as he attempted to make what he though a stern, serious face which in actuality looked very unconvincing and appropriately childish.

"Good to meet you, Gull."

Koen returned to his feet and looked off into the horizon. "At present, I've been searching for other survivors, and you make the first. I believe I will be heading north to plan my next move. If a pirate such as yourself sees fit to accompany me, it might make the journey safer for the both of us." He took a few steps forward, then looked back, awaiting Gull's response.

"As I always say, every good pirate needs a few good deckhands to watch his back. I'll come with you for now." Gull said in response to Koen's offer. "You've got a big sword and I'm super tough, so together we can help each other out lots. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours."

After reaching an understanding, Gull and Koen leave the beach and head northwards, unlikely a pair they may be.

Tepid Canyon, heading south

The trio of blonds, led by Link, found themselves on increasingly rugged terrain. Eventually they reached a gorge, and the hylian's ears pricked. "Fiora is across here."

"You say that like you think it will be easy to cross. Man, where's Dad and Uncle Dunban when we need them?" Rickson complained. "The two of them together would be able to make a bridge or something!"

Link blinked. "Well...they don't call me Hero of the Wild for nothing. I'm actually quite good at parkour and moving about in terrain like this. Are you kids tired?"

"Homs live on a landmass that used to be a living being and it's still standing. Trust me, we're used to climbing." Violet said. "But I think this...will be unwise to cross without some help from something."

Link's ears pricked and his head shot straight up. "There's something that will help in those bushes! But be careful getting it out."

Shulk's twins reached in and took out three white chickens. Violet raised an eyebrow. "I'm all for food, but..."

"We are not going to eat them, and for the love of the golden goddesses, do not try knifing them! It takes...a lot of know how to kill a cucco safely."

"Link, it's a chicken." Rickson said. 

"Take my word for it." Link picked up one of the cuccos. "Okay, watch." He rushed at the gorge and jumped. The cucco began to squawk and flap, and the hylian hero was propelled safely to the other side, a chicken hang glider. He then put the cucco down and called to the other side. "See?"

Violet immediately followed, apparently the braver of the two. Rickson shook his head, muttered something about "logical", and flew across himself.

The cuccos scattered as a clearly hostile mechanical creature charged toward the group. The thing looked almost reptilian or alien, but also clearly not of an organic nature. "Holy crap!" Rickson shouted. "A mechon!"

"It shouldn't be much of a threat to all three of us!" Shulk had told Link about mechon and how they were once vicious monsters, but now with peace on the Bionis, they were rarely seen and when they were, they were docile. The mechon shot a laser from its head, which Link's shield blocked. It then whipped around because it had heard Violet behind it and slashed her with its sharp bladed limb. She let out a pained yell. Blood was leaking from a wound on her belly.

"Stay back, I have a plan!" Link pushed the twins back, mainly Rickson, who was about to charge with a blood frenzy look in his eyes. The hylian pushed a button on a small device in his hand, which produced a blue glowing sphere, which he threw at the mechon. The mechon became distracted by the object, picking it up in its graspers and making a confused whirring noise. Then there was a blue colored explosion and the mechon was reduced to a lifeless pile of scraps.

"Bombs always work against things like this." Link explained. He then looked at Violet and winced, but before he could say anything, a small glowing wisp, a spirit, rose from the remains of the mechon.

The little spirit circled Rickson and Violet. Both twins were following the spirit with subtle movements of their heads and eyes and confused looks on their faces. "My children! Thank Bionis you're safe! At first I thought I was seeing Shulk coming to my rescue. Ricky, you really do resemble your father. Like, extremely well."

"Mom." Rickson rolled his stone gray eyes. "You haven't called me that since I was five."

The spirit seemed to dim in response.  "It's really quite confusing. But really, you actually are still five...in the timeline where you never leave our home."

"What math formula do you think explains that?" Violet asked her brother.

"I have no clue."

"...Excuse me." Link piped up. "What's this about timelines again?"

The spirit brightened, showing an image of a young woman in a tank top, skirt, and knee high boots who resembled a slightly older Violet with green eyes and darker blond hair. "Shulk has told me about you. He said once you grabbed the Monado and destroyed his TV and he had to save up for a new one because he couldn't take the one from home into the Hub. He was quite peeved about that for awhile...you're Link of Hyrule. Shulk said you're actually one of many Links that live in different eras."

"You did that?" Rickson turned to Link. "Why?"

"One day I just wondered what would happen if we switched swords..." Link's pointy ears seemed to droop in embarrassment.

Fiora's spirit laughed, causing her to bounce around in the air. "Anyway. Shulk's not going to be happy seeing me in this form...I mean, he'll go home and I'll still be normal, but he won't think that at first. He'll think I've had my body taken from me yet again. And honestly, at least the mechonization still gave me a physical form." Brief pause. "Before I was spirited, I saw him being thrown in the direction of a hill above some waterfalls."

"That is where we will look then, if you will lead us." Link smiled. "Although perhaps not as quickly as possible...your daughter is bleeding."

Fiora's spirit dimmed in sadness. "Oh no."

"I can still go on, Mom. It just hurts."

"That girl, Annie I believe? She has a magic healing staff. If we find her, she can patch you up." Rickson pointed out. 

"We can dress the wound temporarily." Link said. "With some grass and basic first aid."

"If only we had my friend Sharla with us." Fiora commented. "She's the best field medic I know."

The wound was sutured shut with grass, but it was clear that it was only a temporary fix. Regardless, they were off.

The land south of the eerie forest was broken up into several cliff sides. Soren warned the group to be careful traversing them with their horses. Even one fall was dangerous for them, as if they broke a leg, it would never properly heal. Antoinette and Morgan listened, though were already somewhat aware of this due to their father having taught them both to ride, as he was a knight himself.

"Uh oh," Morgan said, breaking a silence that had ensued. Ahead of them on the path this time was what appeared to be a large beefy man dressed in all white clothes. They were tattered and somewhat loose. He wore a headband around his head that was a style similar to Ike's. He was throwing punches and kicks at nothing, perhaps training.

"He doesn't even have a weapon," Kael pointed out. "This should be easy."

"Kael, don't get reckless! You never know how good someone might be with their fists," Lalita pointed out. "Also, this guy rivals Father in bulk!"

"Yeah, don't let your guard down simply because you have more reach with a sword," Morgan added. "I'm studying tactics, I should know."

"Sure, but I should still have the advantage!" Kael replied and hopped off. Morgan followed this time so as not to endanger his mount. Lalita also went in to help, fearing her brother might still get himself injured.

"HAAA!" Kael shouted as he made a leap with his sword Ettardios ready to be swung over his head. The bulky man side stepped it, however, and Kael ended up slicing air.

Grunting, Kael went at him again. He landed a small hit in this scuffle, but a second later, a large fist went right into his face.

"DAHGH!" the mercenary yelped as he stumbled backward. Blood trickled from his nose.

"See what I told you, you idiot?!" Lalita shouted. "Morgan and I will handle this!"

"Right, let's tag team him! Good thing my dad teaches me to fight on foot as well as on a mount," Morgan agreed.

"Hey, I just have a bloody nose, I'm fine!" Kael retorted and followed them. However, he remained behind them so as not to get in their way and make the situation worse.

In the end all three ended up hitting the man at the same time, and that had been more than enough to take him out. Just like the puppets of Ike and his mysterious partner, this one disintegrated as well. And just as the group was wondering if it would happen, another spirit was left behind. This voice, however...was entirely unfamiliar.

"...Whoa. What on Bionis happened?" he asked. "Why am I floating around?!"

"You are a spirit," Soren replied rather bluntly.

"What?! You mean I'm DEAD?!"

Soren grumbled.

"NO, you moron. You've merely lost your body for the time being. I'm in the same situation. We should eventually be able to get our bodies back."

"Oh! That's...weird. ...Hey, I can fly though! This is actually kind of fun!"

"...Idiot."

"Wait, I've heard the word "Bionis" before," Kael said.

"Wait just a minute, I need to fix your nose," Antoinette stepped in. She let her staff glow before Kael, and in a moment, his nose was as good as new and the blood had vanished.

"Thanks, Annie," Kael replied. "Anyway, I think the twins use that word sometimes. Do you know Rickson and Violet?"

"Huh? Yeah! Those are Shulk's kids!" the man said. "I'm Reyn, Shulk's tough best friend! Too bad you also can't see what I look like though... Bet you two ladies would find me pretty good looking!"

"Really?" Antoinette said with a smile. "I wish I could see you too!"

"Ugh, not now..." Morgan grumbled.

Reyn soon noticed the horses though.

"Oh, hey, we eat those where I come from, not ride them," he said.

"WHAT?!" Antoinette exploded. "You monster! Horses are friends to us! And I love my Elincia! I don't find any boy who eats a horse cute, not in a million years!"

"Whoa! Annie, let's calm down," Morgan said, grabbing his sister.

"You're lucky you're just a dumb ball of light!" Antoinette shouted, folding her arms.

"Whoa! Whoa! I'm sorry! Different cultures, I guess!" Reyn defended himself. Antoinette still growled, hardly believing anyone could eat such a precious animal as a horse.

"Anyway, you said you know the twins' dad, Shulk?" Kael said.

"Yeah. I think he was uh...sent east. Sorry to tell ya."

"Aw damn it. Well, why don't we bring you to them?" Kael suggested. "I'm sure the twins will be happy to see you, and I think they went that way anyway. They might've even found Shulk by now!"

"That works! ...Uh, I didn't get your names."

"Oh, sorry. I'm Kael. My sister here is Lalita and these two are Morgan and Antoinette. This other spirit here is my dad's friend Soren."

"Nice to meet you! Again...sorry."

"Just don't wander off or get carried away floating everywhere," Soren insisted.

"Fine, okay... Geez," Reyn agreed. Talk about a real grump.

With that, the group turned around yet again after mounting the horses, hoping they didn't waste too much time finding the other half of their initial party. Reyn still appeared to be happily enjoying flying around, and even asked Soren why he didn't seem to be having fun.

"Idiot..." He uttered again. Why do we have to travel with this fool...?

Edited by Anacybele

After some time of traveling, Koen and Gull were close to reaching the Central River delta. Koen found his new partner to be more aggressive than he had anticipated, but ultimately thought their contrasting dispositions would wind up being an asset in the long run. He looked out onto the waters once again, but saw something  different this time. A shadow danced along the surface.

"Stop." Koen said, his hand protectively in front of Gull. "I think an enemy might be lurking there." 

What could it be? A merman perhaps? In that case... He reached for his belt and grasped a vial of holy water, for he knew the monstrosity he predicted to be adverse to flames. He waited a moment, then the shadow rushed towards land and sprung from the waters. It was a turtle, sink blue in hue with a tough-looking brown shell. Most concerning, its eyes glowed with red, unnatural light. 

The turtle ran towards the pair quickly. Koen uttered a quiet prayer in a foreign tongue, then splashed the water on the ground, which burst in blue, purifying flame. Despite it's blaze though, the animal ran bravely through it and suffered little knock-back before raging forward again. Something began to froth in it's mouth. Worried, he turned to his partner...

Drawing his cutlass Gull charged towards the red eyed turtle in a full sprint, but just before he could make his move Gull was hit with a stream of water spewing from the turtle's mouth. The water hit gull harder than he was expecting and was pushed back by the powerful stream. When the turtle stopped, Gull pulled out his pistol and aimed his shot, but when he pulled the trigger no shot was fired. "Aww shoot, the power's wet!" Gull thought to himself as he withdrew is gun.

"Koen! Let's hit this thing together!" Gull shouted to his companion as he prepared to charge at the turtle once more.

The strategist nodded. "Alright, I'll come at it from above! Once it's pinned, go in!"

The two dashed forth towards their foe. Koen ran a little faster and got to range first. The turtle attempted to slam into the monster hunter, but he leapt into the air before any harm could be done. As he descended, his longsword landed a clean blow, stunning the creature. Gull rushed in and struck with all his strength behind his cutlass. He swung true, and in and instant, the foe flew off into the skies above, and burst into a pale gray light.

Koen took a few deep breaths, and sheathed his weapon. He looked back to the sky, and saw a light floating back towards them. There was a second of hesitation, but it just floated gently in front of him. Peering in close, he could see a little blue fish-esque creature softly going, "Woo.. Wooper..." This form of light... also the result of that day? 

He guided the spirit so Gull could see it. "It seems harmless in this state. Maybe it even wants to stay close by. I think we should bring it along just in case we can learn something from it."

Gull reached out his hand to touch the ball of light, but when his hand passed trough it like air a chill ran down his spine. Gull now suspected this ball of light to be a ghost, which made him quite unsettled as he feared such supernatural phantoms.

"I... I mean... if you think it's harmless I guess... I guess you can take it with... with us." Gull told his companion trying to bury his fears. "But more importantly we need to keep moving so we can find other people and figure out what's going on with these gho... balls of light."

Gull continues following the path northward, keeping the spirit at a distance from himself.

Destroyed Skyworld

His family... Gone... Just like ashes scattered into the wind. 

"Aunt Palutena? Aunt Viridi? Uncle Pittoo? Dad?" Air's voice shaked as he desperately tried to call out for his family. He had checked the mortal world and the underworld but there was nothing...

"Dad! Cy!" He screamed at the top of his lungs like the gods of the gods could hear. The only thing he knew right now was that he was alone, not realizing the spirits around him. 

• 3 weeks later...

"I have to find them... I just have to..." Air told himself as he started to walk off, not realizing that he was about to fall off Skyworld. "And there goes gravity." He muttered, still pondering what the Hades he's been thrown into within the last few minutes. The next thing the angel felt was his impact into the cold hard ground and the soft and gritty dirt within his mouth upon impact. "That was fast." He grumbled. "Now... Where am I?"

Edited by Hero_Lucina

Deep in the foggy forest

If he had been allowed to kill that angel, it wouldn't be the first time he'd stained his claws with the blood of a feathery obstacle in his path. "LEAVE HIM!" Galeem had bellowed. "HE IS NO THREAT. I HAVE ALREADY PLACED HIS FATHER IN SHACKLES. WITHOUT HIM, HE IS HELPLESS." And thus, the angel had escaped with all his feathers intact.

Mumkhar was okay with taking orders...to a certain extent. He was the bulletproof mecha terror of the sky! He needed to kill something or he'd go insane...and these forest critters weren't putting up enough of a fight to be fun. There was one black bear that tried, but even it went down quickly. And now he was resting, outside the mecha known as Metal Face, eating. Back home eating was not possible or needed in the mechonized state he was in. The Hub worked differently and now he had to eat, and the black bear didn't taste half bad cooked over a fire.

"MY SERVANT." Galeem's voice rang in his ears. Galeem could contact all of his henchmen this way. "TAKE WING, OR IN YOUR CASE, ROCKET THRUSTER, AND BRING ME THE CHILDREN MASTER HAND SAVED. ALIVE, PREFERABLY."

"The angel escaped because you told me not to kill him."

"TWO OF THEM ARE THE OFFSPRING OF SHULK. I HAVE HIM SHACKLED IN THE EASTERN CLIFFS. THEY HAVE FREED ONE OF THE LINKS OF HYRULE. USE CAUTION."

Mumkhar rolled his eyes at that last sentence. Using caution would never get anything done. It was go big or go home, and he wasn't going home to be dead again. "I expect a reward for this."

"YOU HAVE YOUR MECHON TROOP THAT FOLLOWS YOUR EVERY ORDER. THIS IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE." And then Galeem's voice was silent.

Mumkhar, now Metal Face, took rocket thruster and made his way south, toward the cliffs. Two figures came into view. A closer glance revealed that there were four teenagers and two equines, each carrying two of the teens. There were also two orbs of light, spirits, and one was zipping around more than the other looking like it was having a blast. Metal Face had found his first group of targets and he could even get a few meals out of those equines.

"Hahaha! Hope I'm not interrupting!" Metal Face landed right in front of them, sending up a cloud of dust.

One of the spirits seemed to flash or spark. "Woah! Hey, heads up, this is Metal Face! He's a horrible bastard! He almost killed Shulk's wife Fiora, and he should actually be dead!"

"I'm alive only here and I love it! Not so tough now are you, eh? What do they call you? 'Reyn the Wild'? What a joke!"

((I took over Reyn a bit here, but Ana can still do stuff with him if she wants.))

"Well I suggest you look in a mirror and leave them alone." Air said as he landed from his flight from the forest. "Just like you did me. If anyone should be killed, let it be me. I'm weaker compared to them."

Did Uncle Pitoo's tough guy persona just take me over for a second? I just want to find Dad and Cy.... This guy totally looks like one of the abominations Cy told of in his dad's storybooks.

"I'm not sure who you guys are." Air said as he turned to the group. "But I feel like we're all in the same predicament. No parents, just death and weird things like that guy about." 

When this is all over, I need to get checked out, I am not this cocky normally. Or is it that without Dad, I'm unchained and try to fill in for the both of us. Air shook his head I'm probably overthinking this and it's fight or flight....

(Just gonna establish my own intro setting here and see how that  goes.) 

“CLANG* The sound of a machete swing deftly parried by a rapier echoed through an unidentifiable plains. This was followed by a young, blue haired lass giving her war cry as she swung the blade out of a Mii’s hand and struck him through the heart. The odd, cartoonish being collapsed and disintegrated into a cloud of black smoke. Two more rushed the girl with their bare fists, only to be slashed into peices which puffed away a quick moment later. Three more, five more, ten more Miis came with weapons and fists, but the young girl fought them all off with enough strength and diligence. All until she had the last of them pinned against a dead tree. 

“Where in Naga are my parents!?” The girl would shout in an attempt to intimidate the Mii into talking. 

“Dodobobodede-“ The Miis apparently had a very strange language, one that the woman could not grasp. Irritated, she pricked the Mii’s skull with her rapier, making the being collapse. She sighed, and sheathed her blade. “Mother, Father....” She would mourn.

In Icy Peaks, on the eastern side of the river.

A body lies in the snow. Grey hair, in a hue similar to that of shining armor, serves as a bed for falling snowflakes. The body moves, trying to get up of this ground. Sense dictate that it is cold. Unbearably cold. Colder than the northern mountains of his homeland. This body is one of a boy, only just coming out of a slumber. He suddenly realizes why it’s all cold: he is not home, and his mother, father, and sister are nowhere to be found.

“Mama!” He cries in newfound desperation. “Papa! Sophie!”

He kept calling, yet none of them came, even as he called for aunts, uncles, and cousins. After calling the name of his sister’s horse, Avel, he decided to start moving. Trying not to lose his weapons and keepsakes, he slowly traverses the snow. He pulls up his handkercheif over his face to keep warm, but it is for naught. The snowstorm is stronger than anything he had fought against. The boy reaches to his pocket. A dragonstone is exposed to the cold; a gift from his late aunt Azura.

”Please, grant me strength!” The boy weakly yells. Nothing.

”My mama became a dragon under these conditions.” Kana said as he tried again. “Why won’t you work?” Nothing. He tries one more time, raising the stone into the air. Nothing. Kana comes back to the ground, slamming a clenched fist into it. All it did was bury it in snow. Tears well up from the boy’s eyes, as a scream echoes through the mountains.

Another soul is nearby, in a position the boy once was. Lying on the ground, unconscious. Consciousness is regained, this time in a fox-like creature. Nine silver tails are raised from the ground, tipped in azure. Eyes are opened to reveal crimson. A Ninetales has awoken. Instead of snow, light in a pink hue is the first thing he sees. Before him is a horned, quadruped dragon, seeking a meal in a frenzied rage. Th other quadruped braces himself for an encounter for his life.

Only one whisper came from the mouth of this Ninetales: “This was not a good time to wake up, Moondance.”

Edited by Azure the Scale Tipper
Unspoilered.