What was / is your reaction to the music theme in the introduction cutscene of book 3?

MisterIceTeaPeach

Do you like it?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• Yes
    • No
    • It was ok
  2. 2. Would like to hear that kind of music in regular FE parts?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

21 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Finally a post I can get behind on. The music used is NOT death metal, NOT AT ALL. It's deathcore, which is weak, diluted shit compared to actual death metal.

If the guys at IS are going for atmosphere and that feeling of foreboding, there are A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER bands and releases that they could have tapped on for inspiration--hell, why not go to Skyclad for your folky-inspired ditties, Hammerheart/Twilight of the Gods-era Bathory for the Viking parts, and for that darkness, black metal with pagan/Viking themes (Taake, Helrunar, early Vintersorg, to name a select few)?

the difference between core and metal has always confused me. i associate any core with screamo hyper djenty stuff, but the line is fuzzy, even though i listen to both. plenty of core that goes harder than death metal tbh. i'd faster classify this as hard rock than any kind of core, but with some growls plopped in. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metal music does not seem to fit with the pseudo-Medieval world that Fire Emblem has.

One thing about Book 2 I liked was actually the intro theme music, despite its story failings.

It amused me and the more I listened to it the more it grew on me. Now I kinda unironically like it and I wish we had a full version. You can actually pick out the usual soundfont and instrumentation for FEH music laced in with the rest of the stuff and I thought that was pretty clever. Is it silly and hard to take seriously? Absolutely. But I'd rather enjoy it for what it is than gripe or rant about it being "cringey". The music and the designs for our new antagonists are so different from what we're used to and I genuinely appreciate how over the top they are. I don't think I would want this sort of thing in other, traditional FE games, but in something more experimental like this I think it's fine.

to put it simply, it made me very disinterested in book 3 and that's a shame, because book 3 is shaping up to be really interesting so far, but then their first impressions killed all my hype for it.