I play Super Mario World, blind!!

Hanes

Hello everybody, I have started a let's play of Super Mario World but the key difference is that I have never beaten it and in fact I have never played World 2, I remember getting there but never doing anything after it but now I'm going to play it as a total noob on SMW.

Give tips and hints please :P 

This is the 1st part. My god I suck. Don't forget to Like, Subscribe, click on the bell, share your videos, give me your paypal, the expiration date, the number on the back, your girlfriend, your name, your house and to comment on my videos.

On 12/19/2018 at 5:47 AM, ShadowYoshi said:

I could give a hand (I play Kaizo hacks and know how most of the physics work in this game), but I don't know what your aim is. Reach the end? Clear every level? Find every exit? My answer can vary depending on what you're trying to do.

I want to reach the end but you could of course just help me by giving hints or telling me how to perform tricks, I would prefer you didn't tell me how to get the secret levels.

On 12/19/2018 at 7:16 AM, Zoryou said:

You will do better than me. I reached a new level or retarness playing it, but in using the keyboard

Oof

Anyways here is the 2nd part, finally! 

If you just want to get to Bowser's Castle, the fastest way is the Star Road, but it makes the game short and requires a bunch of secret exits that get progressively harder anyway (for that stage of the game, that is. If you take the time to find the four Switch Palaces it gets a lot easier to get Star Road secret exits, and unlock the Special World afterwards).

Let's see... General tips for a casual player... I can tell you that shells tend to make good shields when you hold them. Also try to find at least the Green Switch Palace, since it unlocks green blocks which have feathers within. The other two special blocks (red and blue) have nothing inside and are not needed unless you aim for 100%. As for where it is, you can find the respective secret exit somewhere in a cave...

Hint: Check pipes, always.

Also Cape Mario can fly, and some secret exits are off-screen... 

The last thing that comes to mind for now is a little trick to get power-ups and carry them to another level. You only need to start a level where you know a power-up is near the start (for example, feathers in Donut Plains 1), and after you get it, you can press Start to pause the game, and Select to exit the level (this can be done only with levels you have already cleared, mind you).

While I'm at it, I'll go ahead and link this. It's an old video of mine of World 1, which you have already cleared, so no spoilers there.

Lower your volume btw

Edited by ShadowYoshi

SMW is good, I actually finished it outside of the Special Zone, unlike SMB3 (made to late Pipe Land). SMW is significantly easier, although playing on the Wii U, I did restore point before every level, just to reduce my visits to the one place for lives and capes.

The only bad part about SMW is the Fortresses and Castles. For some reason, the difficulty seems to massively spike with them in every single world. I had to restore point inside them to get through, which I avoided doing elsewhere.

Also:

Image result for map of the world super mario world

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• 2 months later...

Hello guys, I know it has been a looooong time but I am back! And here is part 3 too! 

Spoiler
On 12/20/2018 at 8:46 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also:

That's a pretty cool map actually it looks really nice.

Funny seeing this after beating it at work in about 15 minutes a few days ago. 

That said I am really not into this genre and Super Mario, at least nowadays, but Super Mario World was a momentous experience for me. The game which got me into gaming. 

Since you want hints:

To unlock the green blocks, you have to find the secret exit in 2-2.

To get one step in beating this game quickly, you have to find the secret exit in 2-1 which requires the green blocks. 

On 20-12-2018 at 11:46 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also:

How amazing would it be that warp pipes exist... Easy transportation!

Also, watching you playing SMW is so nostalgic for some reason...

• 4 weeks later...

Here's part 4! I know it's been almost 4 weeks but well atleast I now have it in my mind and I will try to keep you guys updated more frequently!