Favorite Horror Icon?

Sub Zero

Just because it was the first real horror movie I saw when I was a little kid (I think I was like 7 years old when it came out). And it left way more of an impression on me then it should have because of how young I was:

Image result for scream killer

^^^
This fucking guy

Edited by Shoblongoo

I'd say probably Dracula because I've always liked the concept of vampires - sentient beings who were former humans driven to literal bloodlust.  Also, I really like the older Castlevania games.  And the person Dracula was based upon was an exceptionally brutal yet brilliant killer.

Second to that would be Doctor Frankenstein, specifically because of Young Frakenstein (which is more of a comedy, but still).  But there's a morbid delight I take in those who create monsters out of a random mishmash of different people's/animals body parts.

I don't think most people consider Godzilla to be a horror icon, but the original 1954 film is arguably a horror movie so he kind of counts.

If not Godzilla, I always thought the Xenomorphs were pretty cool (though I've never seen the entirety of Alien or its sequels).

The only two dips I've make into horror are the Castlevania series and Mary Shelly's Frankenstein, neither of which I consider true horror. Castlevania is an action/adventure game that borrows heavily from classic movie monsters and the original Frankenstein is more of a sci-fi story than actual horror. Regardless, Castlevania's Dracula is easily the best vampire in all of video games and the story of Doctor Frankenstein is just one of my favorite books period.

Vincent Price, even if he's more associated with horror-comedy due to his camp. Really it depends on the director - no one is going say that he isn't evil in Witchfinder General, for instance.