Least favorite Awakening/Fates child?

Sub Zero

Whats your least favorite child from Awakening and Fates?

My answer is Laurent..he's just bland. Yes..even IN his supports..

But its just my opinion, I can see why people would like him.

Edited by Emperor Chiam Longblade

Asugi. The Awakening clones already have extremely little right to exist and Asugi is bad even compared to the other two. Because who the heck is Gaius and why is he worthy of having his very own clone? He ranked very high in a Japanese only poll once but he's hardly the phenomenon that Tharja and Cordelia are and I barely hear anyone talk about the guy as a character or a unit. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

From awakening I’d have to say yarne just because of utterly uninteresting he is. I mean for one almost all of his supports are pretty much the exact same bs with a couple outliers here or there. Also with how cowardly he is I gotta wonder how he even managed to survive in that post-apocalyptic hellscape. I mean all the other kids have their uses and/or coping mechanisms to keep them sane but how did yarne cope with constantly avoiding murdurous risen all the time.

My least favorite 3ds child unit would have to be Kana cause of how unbelievable and a generic his/her character is outside of Heirs of Fate. Their entire character is just "cute little kid" and nothing else no matter how many of their supports you read.

1 hour ago, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

My answer is Laurent..he's just bland.

Laurent is actually pretty great if ya read his supports. His whole thing is that despite actually being a very different person from her, he tries to imitate his mother due to greatly looking up to her.

Kjelle.

First because she has one hell of a name difficult to pronounce.

Also we get it... strong independant woman who just so happen to be muscular... totaly original.

Lucina, she kinda has no pesonality and just feels kinda empty as a character. 

And Selkie because I just don't like her childishness

Fire emblem awaking it would be Nah for me, its not based on stats or anything like that , because its easy for any unit to be good in that game regardless.  Its more of her supports indigo through out the time she kinda forces her to marry him, Then if that isn't enough she calls her farther a pedophile in the Japanese , heavily in applied  the English one. Fate on the other hand i played it but not enough to put in my thoughts on it.

Honestly, I don't like any of the child characters aside from Lucina and Inigo, and don't think they should've been a thing. But if I had to say which one was my least favorite from the games, for Awakening it's a tie between Yarne and Severa, and for Fates it's Hisame and Ignatius.

7 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

Severa is a bitch

tsunderes-are-not.jpg.1db666249dc2973bb30a3e6ede830f85.jpg

and as far as fates kids are concerned, there are a lot I don't like. Actually dislike is the wrong word here because that would imply I have any fucks to give about most of them. Though if I had to choose one, it would probably be a tie between asugi and rhajat you know because they have really no reason to exist in the first place. The only reason I'm okay with caeldori existing is because she gives severa some great character development and closure to her arch if you choose to make selena caeldori's mother.

Anyway, let me spin you a yarn about how I think Yarne is the lamest Awakening kid.  Sure, some of the other kids are tropy and gimmicky, but it seems like they usually have something else to them.  Yarne's just "I'm always scared of everything because my species is extinct".  For one thing, I think it's ridiculous that someone's fear would be due to near extinction of their species, especially since they're technically only half of said species and could easily fornicate with any old human.  Secondly, it's just a stupid cliche.  Thirdly, can anyone tell me if there's anything else to this guy?

I don't think anyone else in Gen 2 is as disliked for me as he is.

Edited by Ertrick36

56 minutes ago, kooger888 said:

Then if that isn't enough she calls her farther a pedophile in the Japanese , heavily in applied  the English one.

I mean...  She wouldn't be COMPLETELY wrong...

Anyway, Severa and Cynthia were my two least favorite characters in all of Awakening.  I found Cynthia kind of grating, and I could not understand for the life of me how Severa could act like such a brat.  Her popularity perplexed me further because I was completely unfamiliar with the tsundere (and yandere) tropes.  Severa and Tharja respectively were my first exposures to those, though I did find Tharja's character darkly amusing.

I actually don't mind the Awakening children too much and I wouldn't say I hate any of them, but my least favourite would probably be Yarne, mainly because he doesn't have much to his personality in comparison to the others. Also, for me anyways, he tends to be one of the weaker children in terms of stats.

As for Fates, I really don't have an opinion on them since I rarely even recruit them since their existence annoys me, but if I had to pick a  least favourite, it would be Kana. They pale in comparison to Morgan, their voices annoy me and their personalities are overall bleh, and I also just don't like the children in Fates in general cause imo they seem way more one note (but that's a lot of characters in Fates) and really don't need to exist.

18 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

tsunderes-are-not.jpg.1db666249dc2973bb30a3e6ede830f85.jpg

Eh...I'm not so sure on that. Even if there are underlying reasons for tsundere's frequently being unreasonable then they still chose to answer those feelings by lashing out to everyone around them. And in some cases that might definitely make one a bitch. 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Eh...I'm not so sure on that. Even if there are underlying reasons for tsundere's frequently being unreasonable then they still chose to answer those feelings by lashing out to everyone around them. And in some cases that might definitely make one a bitch. 

for one it was a joke and two, I'm not saying I am excusing or defending their actions/words, I am just explaining them. The most important aspect of any character to me is if they have a solid reason to act the way the they do because it lends context their actions and personality which humanizes them which in turn makes them relatable. I could go on all day on what I believe a well written character to be but this isn't the topic for that.

33 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

As for Fates, I really don't have an opinion on them since I rarely even recruit them since their existence annoys me, but if I had to pick a  least favourite, it would be Kana. They pale in comparison to Morgan, their voices annoy me and their personalities are overall bleh, and I also just don't like the children in Fates in general cause imo they seem way more one note (but that's a lot of characters in Fates) and really don't need to exist.

Trying to follow up the Morgan's by having the new versions ape their cuteness without copying the charm that made them cute was probably a really bad move. I feel like the writers noticed most people liking the Morgan's for being cute and making their cuteness the defining characteristic of the Kana's despite this actually not being the real reason people liked Morgan so much. 

Personality-wise: Cynthia and Sereva. The former has several funny moments, but most of the time, I'm more annoyed than amused at her antics. As for the latter, while I do like that she's more of a jerk with a heart of gold than a tsundere in the west, I think they focused a little too much on the "jerk" part. It makes finding the gold all the more rewarding, but you have to deal with a lot of her crap first.

Gameplay-wise: Nah, like her mother, relies too much on her manakete bonuses to be viable, which means if she starts out behind, you can't hope that reclassing will do the job to bring her up to speed. Brady is a back-up healer at a time when you'll already have a several back-up healers depending on how you promote certain characters. He's more viable in an ironman run in case you loose a healer or two, but he's redundant almost any other time. Gerome is also pretty useless if he's skill screwed.

I have mixed feelings on both for Yarne. Gameplay-wise, I hate, hatehate his recruitment chapter for being a classic "screw you" to the player (as well as for being a missed opportunity for having a Taguel warren as a level, but that's neither here nor there), which is only compounded by it being random if "Wildcard" Yarne was worth the trouble. Sometimes he's among the best units in the run, other times he really should just make a burrow and stay in it until the war ends.

Personality-wise, on the one hand, I do like that he's a nice contrast to his mother on how they dealt with being the last of their kind, and having him gain a little more bravery at the end of every support, even if it is predictable, is still rewarding. On the other hand, his supports are probably the most repetitive in the game, and it doesn't help that he doesn't always learn a different lesson about courage every time.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Asugi. The Awakening clones already have extremely little right to exist and Asugi is bad even compared to the other two. Because who the heck is Gaius and why is he worthy of having his very own clone? He ranked very high in a Japanese only poll once but he's hardly the phenomenon that Tharja and Cordelia are and I barely hear anyone talk about the guy as a character or a unit. 

Really? Gaius is really popular due to his personality and supports. Asugi ruined his entire character though focusing entirely on the candy gimmick and not the personality that made him popular but that is besides the point.

3 hours ago, Nym said:

Kjelle.

We get it... strong independant woman who just so happen to be muscular... totaly original.

That's Sully's entire character though, not hers. Kjelle's whole thing is that she is a complete knucklehead and a very straightforward who only really cares about improving her combat abilities and nothing else.

28 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

That's Sully's entire character though, not hers. Kjelle's whole thing is that she is a complete knucklehead and a very straightforward who only really cares about improving her combat abilities and nothing else.

The thing is just like Laurent, Kjelle's character is a variation of her mother's character.

What you said is right (I did forgot about that part...) but it just add to what I said.

8 minutes ago, Nym said:

The thing is just like Laurent, Kjelle's character is a variation of her mother's character.

What you said is right (I did forgot about that part...) but it just add to what I said.

Laurent isn't a variation of his mother though technically. His whole thing is that he tries to act like her despite being a totally different person due to looking up to her allot.

The list of Awakening characters I don't care for is pretty big.  Severa, Noire, Yarne and Gerome are all characters I did't really enjoy. Kjelle is probably my least favourite of the bunch since she comes across as a big jerk. Shame since I kinda liked her mom.

Fates naturally has the 3 repeats. Asugi and Tharja are still characters I dislike, but I think they do just enough. Asugi has a lot less chill then Gaius and the ninja heir stuff does add something the original doesn't have. Rhajet's hero design looks pretty destinct and she's not as Tharja-ish as I originally thought. 

I haven't put too much time in Caeldori, but I don't think I saw much that put her apart from Cordelia. So she's probably my least favourite fates kid.