Least favorite Awakening/Fates child?

Sub Zero

Yarne, and it ain't even a contest. He's a coward to a massive extreme (about the only other character in video gaming that comes close is Karol, who mans up once his friends wind up in trouble thanks to a boss during the middle of his game), and... I think that's all there is to him. It doesn't help his case that his chapter is a ginormous pain in the ass.

Edited by Shadow Mir

From Awakening, Morgan. From Fates, Kana. Pretty straightforward; both characters seem to be mostly defined be being a cute and loyal child to their perfect parent, i.e. you! No thanks.

I don't think there are any other kid characters I outright dislike, but a lot of the rest fade into a blur of forgettable characters who don't feel properly connected to their game's canon.

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

From Awakening, Morgan. From Fates, Kana. Pretty straightforward; both characters seem to be mostly defined be being a cute and loyal child to their perfect parent, i.e. you! No thanks.

I think you might be making the same mistake as the developers did when it comes what makes the Morgans the Morgans. Male Morgan and Female Morgan are undeniable cute but they aren't really defined by that. They are defined by being weird, and the bizarre things they say and do is what makes them cute in a more natural way, as opposed to the Kana's who are cute because everything they say and do is designed to come off that way. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I would say Severa because she's a bitch but that's only because of Cordelia, who's the real bitch for being a god awful mother. So I can understand why she feels that way.

That being said, my actual least favorite Awakening kid goes to Laurent for the same reason I don't like Miriel.

As for Fates, there's a couple of them but if I have to pick one, it's Nina. I don't know but something about her just rubs me the wrong way.

I forgot to mention her but I also kinda dislike Ophelia. If Odin was already using a tired gimmick then merely adding boobs to him wouldn't suddenly make the gimmick work for Ophelia. Also she's kind of a jerk to Siegfried since she bullies him about his greatest insecurity purely because it intrudes on her fantasies. 

I'd have to go with Kjelle for Awakening. The whole "tough muscular girl" thing was handled very poorly and she just acts like a MASSIVE a-hole to everyone, even more than Severa.

For Fates, it's definitely between Soleil or Nina. Both of them are WILDLY inappropriate and honestly just uncomfortable to actually read dialogue from; I know sometimes that can make for interesting characters but in the case of these two, it doesn't at all. They're just awful, AWFUL characters. Bonus shout-out to Rhajat for just being the laziest of all lazy Awakening reskins.

15 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

For Fates, it's definitely between Soleil or Nina. Both of them are WILDLY inappropriate and honestly just uncomfortable to actually read dialogue from; I know sometimes that can make for interesting characters but in the case of these two, it doesn't at all. They're just awful, AWFUL characters. Bonus shout-out to Rhajat for just being the laziest of all lazy Awakening reskins.

Really, from a localization standpoint, Soleil was pretty much doomed from the start.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I forgot to mention her but I also kinda dislike Ophelia. If Odin was already using a tired gimmick then merely adding boobs to him wouldn't suddenly make the gimmick work for Ophelia. Also she's kind of a jerk to Siegfried since she bullies him about his greatest insecurity purely because it intrudes on her fantasies. 

lmao you confused siegbert and siegfried thats actually fucking hilarious

Anyways, valid points. That said, I... don't think there was much of any other way for them to make Owain's kid, aside from maybe making it go the opposite direction and dislike their father's behavior, although there were already plenty of people who disliked Owain's antics already in Awakening and more in Fates, so having another character of a similar type for him to interact with is actually a new dynamic. Anyways yeah if you already didn't like Owain or Odin (Or got tired of the gimmick once it returned in Fates with less meaning behind it), Ophelia's pretty much the same deal, so totally understandable.

As for the Siegbert support, honestly I'm not much of a fan of it either. While it's not necessarily out of character for her, she's shown to be fairly rash and harsh on occasion in other supports, she's incredibly insensitive throughout the C and B supports. She apologizes and realizes her mistakes in the A supports but it feels rushed and really... not right? The fact that she so plainly states all of the points directly contradictory to her own statements in the C and B is super weird since it's almost said as if she knew it all along. I'm going to chalk that up to some Fates Writing™ because it just feels really exaggerated compared to her other supports.

... Anyways onto the actual thread topic, I'm not the largest fan of Nah. She's got one of the best designs, but she's kind of just... really pushy, I guess? Her Inigo support comes to mind, where basically she kind of just threatens him with being eaten into marrying her, which... wow. But I do like her sometimes, mainly her FMorgan and MMorgan supports, it's just that the bad moments stick out to me a lot more.
Kana's an obvious pick, really goddamn bland as a character and has basically no actual personality to speak of besides "I love my parents". I'm not a large fan of Dwyer either, he's also a bit bland to me.

For Fates, it is definitely Rhajat. I didn't like Tharja in the first place, so a discount Tharja wasn't going to do anything for me. As for Awakening, I don't think there is a child character that I don't like. I personally found them pretty tolerable and interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Awakening- I don't really despise any kids, but Severa is the only I have a care for for her cold and snarky behavior.

Fates- Kana: I dislike how they reuse Avatar's quotes for battle. I mean come ON! There their own characters!!! Stop being so lazy and give them their own quotes!

Awakening: I don't hate any of them, but there are some that could have been better. Cynthia's antics...ugh. Noire's split personality charm...WTF. I would rather her be more confident. Yarne is far too cowardly. Severa could have been done better, but I do understand the pressures she goes through. 

Fates: I don't even like that the kids even exist. Deeprealms for instant teenager...WTF is this!? At least Awakening gave a better explantation: They're time traveling to stop the apocalypse. Genealogy also nailed it with a gen 2 (that game was the orginal masterpiece for implmenting a gen 2). But as for which one(s) I dislike the most? Rhajat: We don't need another Tharja. Soleil and Nina: Localization screwed Soleil and both are just ughhhh.I also don't like either Kana.

Edited by PrincessAlyson

• 1 month later...

Least favorite awakening child:   Nah.   The whole "chomp-chomp" incident in the Inigo supports is a major strike against her.... I also dislike pairing up her mother Nowi, and although I do it anyways for completion purposes, I suppose my dislike of this (admittedly unfairly) bleeds over onto Nah.  

For least favorite fates child, Selkie.   She comes off to me as an airhead when she (despite having grown up for years by this point) doesn't know what death is in her paralogue introduction and when she thinks the hunters are trying to play a game with her.  

EDIT:  I'm sorry, I didn't notice that the prior post was more than a month ago! I'm sorry for necroposting!  (If the topic needs to be locked due to necropost, you can do so. My apologies).  

Edited by astrophys
Accidentally necroposted.