Rate the FE lords!

Sub Zero

Today, we will be rating the lords on a scale, here's the options!

WORST: Bubsy 3D levels of terrible

BAD: Soggy Bread

MEH: Warheads that aren't sour

DECENT: Papa John's Pizza

GREAT: Green Apples

Here's an example

[INSERT LORD'S NAME HERE]= Soggy Bread

Here's the list of all the lords!

Marth

Alm

Celica

Sigurd

Seliph

Leif

Roy

Eliwood

Hector

Lyn

Eirika

Ike

Micaiah

Kris

Chrom

Corrin

Edited by Emperor Chiam Longblade

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, sure! But why can't we do all the lords? :/

Marth: Decent. He's good for what he does and he's got that perk of being the first too. I just feel that his games lack much depth in general, so he didn't get as much of that as he could have either.

Alm: Decent. I like that he's a little different in that he wasn't raised as a royal or noble. He had a simple village life with village friends. That's neat. And he has some amusing lines in Echoes when you examine stuff. :P

Eliwood: Decent. He's basically Marth, but with a bit more to him, I think, since Elibe has some more writing going for it. Also the west's first main lord (Lyn's just a tutorial. Eliwood is the real star to me), so he's also a first in a way too. He's a pretty meh unit in the game though.

Eirika: Bad. She's just ridiculously naive and...not much else. And I don't feel she really grows from it seeing as she's still fooled into giving the brainwashed Lyon Renais's Sacred Stone later. Also, her level of naiveness doesn't seem natural to me either. How does someone get led on as easily as she does? Also, meh unit in her game.

Ike: GREAT! Ike is amazing. <3 He's relatable, he's cool, he's a great unit, and he gets very nice development in PoR. RD dropped the ball a bit there on that last one, but RD Ike is also my favorite design in the series. Ike's got some amusing lines here and there too! And I love him for being different from other lords in that he's not of noble or royal birth, it makes him a different sort of character and story to see, so it's new and refreshing. He's my favorite lord no doubt. <3

Chrom: Meh. He's got a few amusing moments, but all in all, he's more or less a rather bland attempt at mixing Marth with Ike to me.

Corrin: Worst. The male's design is awful, the female is forced to show her thighs (though she's otherwise pretty), and their writing is just less development and more everyone ass-kissing them. The bad story writing in general doesn't help either.

I skipped Roy, Sigurd, Leif, and Kris because I have not played their games.

WORSTEliwood

BAD Marth

MEH: Alm - Sigurd - Leif - Kris - Corrin (Havent played or watched a walktrought of theirs games)

DECENT:  Roy 

GREATEirika - Ike - Chrom

Alright, let's get this on, though not sure why you don't include more lords. Feels like you oughta:

Marth: Great! The best lord in the franchise, thanks to Shadow Dragon remake. His prologue where he has to endure the loss of his entire kingdom, abandoning his family, and even one of his own knights so that he could escape was really heartbreaking. Then he goes on his journey and begins to learn how there is more to war than what one sees at first, and learns to understand that things are not as black and white and he has to help save others while he can. He truly serves the role of a paragon.

Alm: Meh. I mean, he isn't bad, but the role he served clashed with the themes, where he tries to insist that the status of one's birth matters not, but then is revealed to actually be the son of the Emperor of Rigel. And him having no real challenge or struggle also at times.

Sigurd: Decent. He is straightforward and honest, and he's not a bad guy. However, he doesn't play that strongest role cause he's meant to die, and then there's how Sigurd's relationship with Deirdre which was very forced for the sake of the plot.

Leif: Decent. He's almost there at Great with Marth, but just falls short. He does learn things rather well and does make mistakes. Him taking the effort to learn help, but his rashness does get the better of him more often than not. Though he was great for the story of Thracia, him being minor in the previous game hurts him overall.

Roy: Meh. They really took a lot out of him. He has some great stuff in how he is rather smart and practical and does take measures to get an advantage out of things, but his role in the story really doesn't work all that well when you don't feel he really struggles or develops. His entire confrontation with Zephiel cold have been a pinnacle of his development, but fell short.

Eliwood: Decent. Ghast's support science really helped a lot in showing how great Eliwood was. His journey being a case of having ideals, which are then challenged, and then strengthened further is a great way to show his development.

Eirika: Meh. This is mostly due to how she could have been a lot better, but Ephraim steals her thunder and she is forced to make decisions that while makes sense, is done in a way that makes her look bad. And did I mention how Ephraim steals her thunder? 

Ike: Decent. I personally do not like how naive he is in Path of Radiance. He's a mercenary or is trying to be one. Someone like that should have received education to a degree or knowing things, but he doesn't. Him being this naive does not work and feels forced for the sake of the player. His development is there, but his stoic nature at times tends to not work as well. I feel most of the time, he just stands there and has things happen and then says something to it. 

Kris: Bad. He isn't supposed to be a Lord. He's given way too much attention for player pandering, and this is on a game that's a remake of another game. It doesn't work. The only reason he isn't the worst is because he isn't actually a bad "character" per se, and I love him and Katarina, so there.

Chrom: Great. When you analyze Chrom a lot, he's one of the most relatable guys there is. He might be a prince, but he doesn't want the title and clearly enjoys being able to live freely. Him being protective of his sister makes sense given how their family is. Also, him not wanting to sacrifice Robin makes a lot of sense because of how Emmeryn's sacrifice was heartbreaking for him. You know where he's coming from. Also, Chrom is someone that while can see a bit more of the big picture, he is still very much tuned to his personal relationships, which is why he feels he cannot match Emmeryn's paragon nature, which is why Robin serves as his other half, because he can see the bigger picture more than he can, and thus can help fill in the gaps, while Chrom valuing personal relationships a lot makes him able to help maintain a stronger form of peace than what Emmeryn can. 

Corrin: Meh. I'll be honest, I was tempted to label him as bad, but he isn't that bad. As a character or as a lord. It's just how the game designers and writers made things work out that it just fell apart. But even so, I do think Corrin had some great moments that prevent him from taking the bad parts. 

My ranking of lords tends to change from time to time, but this is my list currently from favorite to least favorite:

Alm>Ike>Hector>Leif>Sigurd>Marth>Eliwood=Lyn>Celica>Seliph>Lucina>Chrom>Robin>Eirika>Ephraim=Roy>Micaiah>Corrin

If I counted Elincia as a lord, she would be above Sigurd

Great: Ike, Hector

Surprisingly Good: Marth, Lucina

Good: Alm

Decent: Eprhiham, Erika

Meh: Eliwood, Lyn, Chrom, Micahia, 

Too Naive for Her Own Good: Celica

Dull: Roy

Fucking Abysmal: Robin, Corrin

14 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Someone like that should have received education to a degree or knowing things, but he doesn't.

I personally attribute this to Ike having had his childhood memories wiped by Sephiran and Greil raising him mostly on swordfighting and stuff.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I personally attribute this to Ike having had his childhood memories wiped by Sephiran and Greil raising him mostly on swordfighting and stuff.

But Ike was just a kid back then. He's 17 by PoR, and still knows nothing. And Greil only started to be a mercenary his wife's death. Meaning that Greil literally taught Ike nothing for about a decade, which makes zero sense, as that raises Ike's likelihood of getting himself killed.

Marth: Great! He's got a lot of good writing and character development in Mystery and Shadow Dragon, more than most give him credit for.

Alm: Decent! The voice acting in Echoes helps develop his lines more than just if it were unspoken, written text. He's got several amusing moments and is overall a pretty good character.

Sigurd: Decent! He's the OG Hector and Ike. He's a likable and good character, and victim to one of the biggest plot twists in FE history.

Leif: Decent! I'm not terribly familiar with his game but from all I do know and understand, he has a lot of good character moments. This rating may change as I learn more about him.

Roy: Decent! People only bash him for how meh he is as a late-game unit. Character-wise, however, I think he's pretty underrated.

Eliwood: Great! This dude goes through so much in his game, and yet he keeps on going. He has some of the most emotional moments in the series, and is VASTLY underrated.

Eirika: Great! She's a nice opposite to her brother, and offers some things that most FE protagonists don't really have. Her naivete serves her character, helping pave the way to genuine growth and development.

Ike: Meh. He has good development in Path of Radiance, but it's squandered in Radiant Dawn. If not for that, I'd like him more.

Kris: Worst. Kris would have been fine if they'd SOLELY had his arc go with Katarina's, but instead they have him rob Marth and Jagen of their moments and it sucks.

Chrom: Decent! I've grown to like Chrom quite a bit, honestly. Some people say he's like a combo of Marth and Ike, but I disagree; he's really more of a level-headed Sigurd.

Corrin: Bad. Poor writing really hurts Corrin, but at least they aren't shoehorned into robbing Marth of moments he was written for.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But Ike was just a kid back then. He's 17 by PoR, and still knows nothing. And Greil only started to be a mercenary his wife's death. Meaning that Greil literally taught Ike nothing for about a decade, which makes zero sense, as that raises Ike's likelihood of getting himself killed.

I think you're exaggerating too much. Ike knows SOME things. And I could provide an argument for why I disagree with you, but this is not the place for that and I'd much rather avoid it.

You guys, I have to admit something. I don't actually hate Kris. On one hand, I agree that he's unnecessary as hell and that we didn't need an avatar in a remake of a game that didn't originally have one. On the other hand, he doesn't ruin New Mystery for me in the same way Corrin ruins for me because at the very least he isn't the driving force of the plot, and he also sure as hell isn't as dumb as Corrin either. I'll take a boring protagonist over an anger-inducing protagonist any day.

Edited by Gregster101

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think you're exaggerating too much. Ike knows SOME things. And I could provide an argument for why I disagree with you, but this is not the place for that and I'd much rather avoid it.

Not really an exaggeration, since even Shinon in-game calls Ike out on the lack of knowledge. But one can call this a minor thing if they want to, as it can be considered that. I get what Ike was meant to serve as, in that he's meant to be naive so that players could get the worldbuilding, I just think that it could have been handled better simply. 

3 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You guys, I have to admit something. I don't actually hate Kris. On one hand, I agree that he's unnecessary as hell and that we didn't need an avatar in a remake of a game that didn't originally have one. On the other hand, he doesn't ruin New Mystery for me in the same way Corrin ruins for me because at the very least he isn't the driving force of the plot, and he also sure as hell isn't as dumb as Corrin either. I'll take a boring protagonist over an anger-inducing protagonist any day.

Kris isn't that bad, but he just doesn't belong in the game he's in. He kind of gets too much attention that hurts others in the longrun, because it ends up feeling like he's more important than even Marth.

Corrin is a case of lost potential.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not really an exaggeration, since even Shinon in-game calls Ike out on the lack of knowledge. But one can call this a minor thing if they want to, as it can be considered that. I get what Ike was meant to serve as, in that he's meant to be naive so that players could get the worldbuilding, I just think that it could have been handled better simply. 

It is though, because Ike obviously knows more than nothing. He has some knowledge of tactics, swordplay, he has some manners as Ranulf points out, Greil certainly taught him some things. Not saying he taught him enough, but Ike did learn some things. And I'm 100% certain that Ike not knowing what laguz are at first is due to his memories of Gallia having been wiped and Greil not ever talking about having lived there. Maybe a bit more insight on Ike's lack of some knowledge in certain areas would've been beneficial, but I don't think it's as bad an issue as you make it out to be. Just how I feel.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It is though, because Ike obviously knows more than nothing. He has some knowledge of tactics, swordplay, he has some manners as Ranulf points out, Greil certainly taught him some things. Not saying he taught him enough, but Ike did learn some things. And I'm 100% certain that Ike not knowing what laguz are at first is due to his memories of Gallia having been wiped and Greil not ever talking about having lived there. Maybe a bit more insight on Ike's lack of some knowledge in certain areas would've been beneficial, but I don't think it's as bad an issue as you make it out to be. Just how I feel.

Like I said, this is a minor thing that I have an issue in regards to. I am not saying it's a major thing or that it is just horrible. Tactics, swordplay, and manners aren't really something that is the issue. That's great for fights and battles, but Ike lacks knowledge over laguz, the racism, and the history of nations or even what they do. These are things that are meant to be known for mercenaries in their line of work. Even if his memories were wiped out, he still had around a decade to learn things again, so I don't see why this would honestly be something he still wouldn't know. 

It isn't something that is really bad, but something that I feel wasn't done well and made Ike a bit too naive in my opinion. I'd personally have preferred this to have been done with Mist or something. Least she's an actual kid, so it makes sense for her to lack knowledge more than Ike.

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Like I said, this is a minor thing that I have an issue in regards to. I am not saying it's a major thing or that it is just horrible. Tactics, swordplay, and manners aren't really something that is the issue. That's great for fights and battles, but Ike lacks knowledge over laguz, the racism, and the history of nations or even what they do. These are things that are meant to be known for mercenaries in their line of work. Even if his memories were wiped out, he still had around a decade to learn things again, so I don't see why this would honestly be something he still wouldn't know. 

It isn't something that is really bad, but something that I feel wasn't done well and made Ike a bit too naive in my opinion. I'd personally have preferred this to have been done with Mist or something. Least she's an actual kid, so it makes sense for her to lack knowledge more than Ike.

You say it's minor, but then you also say you don't like Ike because of it. That doesn't sound like it's really minor to you. And really? History of all the nations? Dude, Ike's not some noble's kid with tutors sitting with him every day. He's not going to learn that stuff at all with a distant mercenary father and no mother. And I explained the lack of knowledge on laguz.

Edited by Anacybele

You say it's minor, but then you also say you don't like Ike because of it. That doesn't sound like it's really minor to you. And really? History of all the nations? Dude, Ike's not some noble's kid with tutors sitting with him every day. He's not going to learn that stuff at all with a distant mercenary father and no mother. And I explained the lack of knowledge on laguz.

It is one of the other factors around Ike, though. If this was the only thing I had issues with Ike in regards to, it honestly wouldn't have been a problem at all. It'd be nothing more than just nitpicking. 

I didn't say complete knowledge. There are some forms of knowledge that mercenaries oughta know. Brief histories, or some major events. Hell, Greil is someone that is the perfect one that could have taught, but never did. Everyone around Ike tends to know things about other nations, save for Ike himself. 

Also, lacking knowledge over laguz because of a mindwipe does not explain how Ike spent the next decade not knowing them still or understanding the case of the racism. Like, again, it's something that Ike of all people should have at least heard of.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It is one of the other factors around Ike, though. If this was the only thing I had issues with Ike in regards to, it honestly wouldn't have been a problem at all. It'd be nothing more than just nitpicking. 

I didn't say complete knowledge. There are some forms of knowledge that mercenaries oughta know. Brief histories, or some major events. Hell, Greil is someone that is the perfect one that could have taught, but never did. Everyone around Ike tends to know things about other nations, save for Ike himself. 

Also, lacking knowledge over laguz because of a mindwipe does not explain how Ike spent the next decade not knowing them still or understanding the case of the racism. Like, again, it's something that Ike of all people should have at least heard of.

Greil obviously did not talk about Gallia at all at that time and probably because of what happened there with him. And there wasn't (yet) a need for Ike to know anything about the other laguz nations. Ike's fellow mercenaries have more experience than him. Which all makes perfect sense to me.

Oh yeah, remember, Greil is still basically hiding from Daein. He also probably fears that if Ike knows too much, he could get in more trouble than he could if he didn't know.

But fair enough on the nitpicking thing.

Edited by Anacybele

Greil obviously did not talk about Gallia at all at that time and probably because of what happened there with him. Which makes perfect sense to me.

But fair enough on the nitpicking thing.

Not talking about Gallia? Sure. Not talking about laguz or the racism in general despite how Ike will inevitably run into laguz in the future? Kind of a bad call if anything. Remembering that Greil has Volke as his shadow to kill him if anything happens means that Greil was always prepared to die any day. Meaning that Ike, by all means, should be armed with as much knowledge as Greil could impart, as that is the best chance to keep Ike alive by any logical means. So Greil not doing this is odd if anything. 

As I said, it's merely one factor of others that I have issues with in regards to Ike. As others have said, he's really poorly done in Radiant Dawn, particularly since he really shouldn't have even been given a main character status there.

38 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not talking about Gallia? Sure. Not talking about laguz or the racism in general despite how Ike will inevitably run into laguz in the future? Kind of a bad call if anything. Remembering that Greil has Volke as his shadow to kill him if anything happens means that Greil was always prepared to die any day. Meaning that Ike, by all means, should be armed with as much knowledge as Greil could impart, as that is the best chance to keep Ike alive by any logical means. So Greil not doing this is odd if anything. 

As I said, it's merely one factor of others that I have issues with in regards to Ike. As others have said, he's really poorly done in Radiant Dawn, particularly since he really shouldn't have even been given a main character status there.

Bad call on Greil's part it may be, but it still explains why Ike didn't know these things.

Bad call on Greil's part it may be, but it still explains why Ike didn't know these things.

For 10 years? It's unrealistic though. Even if Greil didn't teach him, how did Ike work to become a mercenary and NOT know these things? There is some stuff that people should be able to easily learn about, and the laguz are one of those things.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

For 10 years? It's unrealistic though. Even if Greil didn't teach him, how did Ike work to become a mercenary and NOT know these things? There is some stuff that people should be able to easily learn about, and the laguz are one of those things.

Greil didn't always make the best choices. I even headcanon that if Ike became a dad himself, he would actually do his best to avoid some of the things Greil did, as much as Ike also respects his father.

Greil didn't always make the best choices. I even headcanon that if Ike became a dad himself, he would actually do his best to avoid some of the things Greil did, as much as Ike also respects his father.

So then we agree that Greil screwed up badly and Ike is too naive? 

Marth - Great! He is my favourite lord out of all of 'em. Maybe potential bias is at play here since I played SD first. The prologue of shadow dragon really just shed more light on him and how he had to endure the loss of his kingdom by the hands of who he thought to be an ally. He learns a lot during the war, but still always tries to save everyone, which is just really awesome.

Alm - Meh. I feel like he has the issue of being portrayed as a 'god' undeservingly sometimes. Like no one can stand in his way and anyone who dares doubt him is a bad person (see Clive). However, I do like the voice acting and some amusing moments he had which keeps him at Meh.

Sigurd - Bad. I feel like Deirdre's relationship with him was really forced and he also has the issue of being treated as a god but without the amusing moments or great voice acting. (And yes Grant George alone will bring him up to a Meh.)

Leif - Decent. He, like Marth, has to deal with the pain of loss, and learns a great number of things on his journey, though I don't really like him as much as Marth. I don't know why... maybe it's because I raged a lot during Thracia 776.

Roy - Decent. Pretty much the same as Leif (though without pain of loss). I like that he is very much Brain over brawn and doesn't charge into battle like an idiot and actually strategizes.

Eliwood - Decent. He went through a lot in his journey, which in my opinion really makes him stand out over Hector and Lyn to me. I feel he is very overlooked and feel bad for him.

Eirika - Meh. I don't really have much of an opinion of her. She's cute as heck but I find her a bit generic. I don't hate it or anything but there just is not much to her?

Ike - Worst. It's no secret that I don't like Ike. Though his PoR incarnation is infinitly better. In the first game, he is... not very smart (though he is hardly the only one.) He does learn though about things he didn't know about for whatever reason. (And no, a memory wipe at age 7 is not a valid excuse. Greil was not the only person in the greil mercenaries Ike could have learned from.)

Kris - Bad. There was very little reason for Kris to even exist and his existance screws some shit up. I do like his interactions with Katarina though.

Chrom - Decent. I like Chrom a lot! He's very relatable I feel and has a lot of amusing moments in his support that made me giggle. Also he is hot as shit come at me.

Corrin - Meh. I don't think they are as bad as everyone says. His naivity makes a lot more sense than Ike's in my opinion as he was raised in a tower that he wasn't allowed to leave, also being witheld a lot of information about the outside world. Also Male Corrin is cute as heck and sounds like a nerd so <3

7 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Sigurd - Bad. I feel like Deirdre's relationship with him was really forced and he also has the issue of being treated as a god but without the amusing moments or great voice acting. (And yes Grant George alone will bring him up to a Meh.)

THANK YOU! Someone actually agrees with me on this. 

I agree Greil screwed up. Not that Ike is too naive.

It kind of goes both ways. Ike is too naive about the world. Knowing tactics and fighting isn't being as knowledgeable in the sense of what makes a character naive.