Worst type of mission objective? (BONUS: Most annoying mission in FE)

Sub Zero

Can't stand defense missions or survival missions. I play defensively, sure, but they're too much for me. Makes me feel like I'm not making any progress. Routing the enemy is way better.

I've got a few missions I can think of off the top of my head that I don't like much, but chapter 23 from Binding Blade and chapters 14 and 26 from Blazing Blade stand out the most out of those.

Edited by UFVKNP

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

Protect the Suicidal Green Unit

Ugh.  That too.  I think I might still have PTSD from Sophie's paralogue in Fates, though protecting those guys isn't the main mission objective.  The least IS could've done was give them actual weapons if they're supposed to be trying to kill Nichol.

2 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Yup. They don't even have to be suicidal. Just stuff like chapter 26 of FE7 sucks. 

Almost every other FE objective is within your control. Defending green units who either act on their own, or are a total train on resources to properly defend are just awful. 

Defense maps. Definitely followed by this:

14 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Also many maps with tight turn limits. Not just FEH either. 

Edited by Arcphoenix

46 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

This. Chapter 3-10 in RD makes me rage every damn time. Who in the name of Anankos thought it was a good idea to have the mission critical NPC, who is a flier, charge near the boss area... when said boss, and several others in the vicinity, use bows, aka the bane of fliers?! (to be fair, the Crimeans actually think to defend her, but that only works for so long since she outpaces some of the army) And the less to be said of the suckfest that is Battle Before Dawn, the better. (Granted, this one doesn't have a suicidal green unit to protect, but it still sucks badly) Say what you will about Awakening, but at least its defense missions didn't have you defend units with worse AI than Easy computers in Mario Party games.

Aside from those, Seize. It's been done to death, and bosses that would already be a handful are just that much worse when they benefit from terrain bonuses that make them hard to hit.

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

?

At least with a Seize map you can end it early if you don't feel like chasing down and killing every single enemy on the map.

I think he means that you'll likely wind up killing almost, if not everything on the way to the boss.

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

I think he means that you'll likely wind up killing almost, if not everything on the way to the boss.

I guess they are pretty similar.  But the way I see it one is more convenient than the other, if only marginally.

55 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

This

I also dislike any 'Do this in this number of turns'. As someone who plays slowly as my preferred way, it's very frustrating.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Ugh.  That too.  I think I might still have PTSD from Sophie's paralogue in Fates, though protecting those guys isn't the main mission objective.  The least IS could've done was give them actual weapons if they're supposed to be trying to kill Nichol.

In the words of Mangs, "I"M A GREEN UNIT!!!"

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

?

At least with a Seize map you can end it early if you don't feel like chasing down and killing every single enemy on the map.

why would you do that though? getting all the experience possible is the smartest way to play. its very rare ill not kill everyone on the map before continuing. couple timed chapter in binding blade make it a little hard but other then that no reason not to kill everyone for training and just overall gameplay experience.

How about one of the slightly worse versions of objectives never seen outside of Radiant Dawn, like the Hold Line for X turns objective (a slightly worse Defend chapter); or the have a green unit arrive or have two characters arrive (both being slightly worse seize objectives)

1 hour ago, Zihark11 said:

why would you do that though? getting all the experience possible is the smartest way to play. its very rare ill not kill everyone on the map before continuing. couple timed chapter in binding blade make it a little hard but other then that no reason not to kill everyone for training and just overall gameplay experience.

Not everyone plays to train units up.  I do, but sometimes people would rather go for low turn count.

I agree with missions where you have to protect the green units but they keep putting themselves in danger. Also, rout missions where there are a lot of enemies and/or they won't stop respawning (specifically I'm thinking of the ones in Radiant Dawn part 4).