I Decided to Give FE4 Another Chance

Rezzy

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

They were just barely in range of the Armor Club.  I was trying to move Lachesis next to Beowulf and the rest of my army, and that caused her ginger triplets to Leeroy Jenkins the castle.

I'd like to use Lachesis, since I hear her promotion is broken, but it's going to be a bit of a slog to get her there.  I may have to give her Finn's Paragon Ring.

I got her to promote by the beginning of Ch4 simply by abusing the Return staff. I also used her as my primary healer as well instead of Edain, who was close to promotion anyways. It's not too tricky to get her to promotion. The main challenge is Tailtiu.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

image.png.5ebb896218d50c80566ad26eebdb93f3.png

Is my favoritism showing too much?

Ha, I did the same thing. Although then I eventually gave the paragon ring to Lachesis to reach Master Knight promo earlier. If you actually get into the second generation, that Finn is going to do great things for you.

With FE4, the guide I used as reference is the one on WoD (War of Dragons) link: https://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe4.htm

Now, I never actually followed the strategies suggested, I just used it for map pictures and general events. It's pretty useful since FE4 is a game you generally want to have a grand strategy for each map, or at least that's what I did. Granted, that strategy would slowly break down due to a combination of RNG, going partially off the plan to get more exp to a certain unit, and me just being an idiot and doing something dumb with a unit, but it was a good guideline. I also did a lot of grinding, namely using a Sylvia + Lachesis combo to have them work off of each other to level up. By the end of chapter 2 I had a maxed Sylvia and around a level 12(might've been a couple levels higher or lower) Lachesis. I'm not saying for you to do that, as it took hours, but it does work.

But try and give Sigurd as many rings as you can, it'll turn out much better for you if you get to the second gen.

I certainly have fun with FE4. It's far from my favorite entry, maybe my fifth or sixth favorite, and it isn't for everyone, but I think everyone should experience it in the very least.

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It is a bit, but I wasn't that far off.

I mean, I sold the Brave Lance for Fury at some point, Paragon was passed on a bit and he never saw a return or shield ring. I mean, he's a pretty good option regardless, Finn's solid.

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Nothing wrong with showing favoritism to the best FE knight there is.

Seriously though, getting Finn promoted early on will actually help you out on the long run. 

22 hours ago, Rezzy said:
2(of a system or situation) excessively complicated, typically involving a great deal of administrative detail.

I'm going to beat up whoever made my 3rd favorite empire into an adjective for complicated.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

You'd think that the Pegasus squad sent to recover their prince would not try to actively murder their liege.

Reminds me of the whole Matthis debacle. Hell, you gotta wonder why recruitable enemies try to attack their kin, lovers, or whatever...