Challenge Run Ideas For Awakening

Hawkwing

It's been a few months since I last played Awakening, and I'm in the mood to replay the game again. However, I'd like to spice things up a bit this time around. Something more than a typical ironman or no-grinding run.

I'm not really looking for anything specific. As long as it doesn't require hacking, I'm open to ideas.

Low tier characters run - no repeated classes per chapter - females or males only - limited army (the title says it, if you can bring max 10 units to a chapter, you should bring around 6-8 units)- coop mode (if you have someone to play, the army is divided in two groups, one move first and the other move second, the second cant move his/her characters until the first player move all of his/her units) - shared savedata (again if you have someone to play, each player do a chapter whitout the help of the other) 

No promoted classes.

Unit's can only carry one weapon type even if they have ranks in multiple.

No special weapons, bronze/iron/steel/silver only (for tomes no Nosferatu and other tomes with special powers like Superior Jolt, also no wind tomes). 

No magic run - Only allowed to used weapons that target defense and all healing to be done by vulnearies/concoctions etc. You may use units such as Miriel or Tharja, but they must be reclassed into a non-magic using class first.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Only using the weapon type of your highest/lowest rank.

If you use anima magic you can only use one of the anima types and other mages can't use the same anima type. Locked to only one type of staff of your choice and other healers can't use the same staff.

My favorite thing about Lunatic and Lunatic+ is that you can't grind using the Reeking Boxes, so DLC is your only option. 

No DLC Lunatic/+ is already a good enough challenge to start with. 

Other rules you can add are: 

-No self healing stuff like Nosferatu and Sol.

-No Bonus Box shopping.

-No Anna shopping.

-Renown to a certain level. (1000 Renown is a common level to use up to.)

-Full deployment. (This is a fun rule to follow actually.)

-Use Donnel on a team (if on Lunatic or Lunatic+). For even more masochism, SS him to a Fighter instead of a Merc. 

-No Second Seals.

-No Avatar.

So... I attempted to do an ironman, no grinding, no pair-up, no magic, male only challenge run on hard mode today.

It was... uh... interesting, to say the least.

And by "Interesting", I mean that Vaike, Donnel, Ricken, Lon qu, and Fredrick (as well as Lissa and Panne) died. And then everyone kicked the bucket on the same level.

2 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

So... I attempted to do an ironman, no grinding, no pair-up, no magic, male only challenge run on hard mode today.

It was... uh... interesting, to say the least.

And by "Interesting", I mean that Vaike, Donnel, Ricken, Lon qu, and Fredrick (as well as Lissa and Panne) died. And then everyone kicked the bucket on the same level.

Roderick no! Err i mean Fredick no!