Seliph didn't get lover points?

Luis Liberato

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Those 490 love points are meant to deplete throughout the course of the game, due to the love growth there being -5 per turn. From what point of the game are you checking?

I just got Julia so that's why I'm so confused as to what's going on. I heard this may happen if you reset though I also heard that if you do Seliph starts off with two leadership stars but he has three. Am I just getting fooled here?

8 minutes ago, Luis Liberato said:

I just got Julia so that's why I'm so confused as to what's going on. I heard this may happen if you reset though I also heard that if you do Seliph starts off with two leadership stars but he has three. Am I just getting fooled here?

That sounds weird, as those love points shouldn't be gone after a reset, and if you checked freshly after recruiting Julia, then the appropiate message should appear. What exactly does the guy say about Seliph's love points?

No, the three stars is for after reseting. If you have Seliph with three leadership stars, then that means the game was reset. Unless you mean you began the Chapter 6 with him already at three stars.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That sounds weird, as those love points shouldn't be gone after a reset, and if you checked freshly after recruiting Julia, then the appropiate message should appear. What exactly does the guy say about Seliph's love points?

No, the three stars is for after reseting. If you have Seliph with three leadership stars, then that means the game was reset. Unless you mean you began the Chapter 6 with him already at three stars.

He says that he has yet to find one to capture his heart, and I got Seliph with three leadership stars

Sorry if I'm being bothersome

Celice's initial lover points for Julia are absolutely gone after a reset. I guess they must have been another leftover from the fact that Celice and Julia take over Sigurd's and Deidre's slots, just like how Celice has only two authority stars until you reset.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Celice's initial lover points for Julia are absolutely gone after a reset. I guess they must have been another leftover from the fact that Celice and Julia take over Sigurd's and Deidre's slots, just like how Celice has only two authority stars until you reset.

Thanks for the help! What a strange thing to be added to the game huh?

Oh, had no idea those would disappear as well. Interesting.

I find that curious, though, considering the initial amount is 490, not a straight 500, if it was really a Gen 1 holdover. Unless there is some code somewhere that reduces the amount, then they let the -5 do the work.

just a reminder: https://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/characters/love-growth/

Augury

If you make a character visit the Augury in allied castles, you can ask who the character has feelings most for. The descriptions give a vague clue to how many love points the most prominent pair has:

• 0 – 199: No feelings for anybody.
  • 200 – 299: Feelings for…
  • 300 – 399: Likes…
  • 400 – 499: Loves…
  • 500: Is married to…

as for Love Growth itself:

Male Patty Lakche Rana Yuria Fee Tinny Leen Nanna
Celice 0 +2 0 +2 100 +2 490 -5 0 +2 0 +3 0 +2 0 +2
Shanan 100 +2 220 +1 0 +2 0 +0 0 +2 0 +3 0 +2 0 +2
Skasaher 0 +2 0 +2 0 +0 0 +2 0 +3 0 +2 0 +2
Faval 0 +3 0 +3 0 +0 0 +3 0 +3 0 +2 0 +3
Leaf 0 +2 0 +2 0 +2 0 +0 0 +2 0 +3 0 +2 100 +2
Johan/Johalva 0 +2 200 +2 0 +2 0 +0 0 +2 0 +3 0 +2 0 +2
Corple 200 +3 *1 0 +2 220 +3 0 +0 0 +2 0 +3 0 +2 *2
Sety 0 +3 0 +3 0 +3 0 +0 0 +3 0 +2 0 +3
Delmud 0 +2 0 +2 0 +2 0 +0 0 +2 0 +3 0 +2
Lester 0 +2 0 +2 0 +0 0 +2 0 +3 0 +2 0 +2
Aless 0 +2 0 +2 0 +2 0 +0 0 +2 0 +3 300 +1 0 +2
Arthur 0 +2 0 +2 0 +2 0 +0 100 +1 0 +2 0 +2
Oifey 0 +2 0 +2 0 +2 0 +0 0 +2 0 +3 0 +2 0 +2

then, as for Jealousy System: https://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/characters/jealousy/

Second Generation (If you’ve reset the game at least once)

Male(s) Priority
Skasaher Fee > Tinny > Leen > Rana > Patty > Altenna > Other girls
Oifey/Johalva Nanna > Lakche > Fee > Tinny > Leen > Rana > Patty > Altenna
Delmud Lakche > Fee > Tinny > Leen > Rana > Patty > Altenna
Lester Patty > Altenna > Other girls
Arthur Leen > Rana > Fee > Patty > Other girls
Shanan/Aless Yuria > Nanna > Lakche > Fee > Tinny > Leen > Rana > Patty > Altenna
Faval Altenna > Other girls
Sety Tinny > Leen > Rana > Patty > Other girls
Corple Rana > Patty > Altenna > Other girls 
Celice/Leif All girls equal

One important consequence is that, as long as the game hasn’t been reset since starting the 2nd Generation, CelicexYuria will have higher priority than both CelicexRana and CelicexLakche.

Therefore the CelicexYuria pairing can eventually be achieved by manipulating the Jealousy sytem (although it appears the initial love points for CelicexYuria is set to 0 instead of 490).

Otherwise, if you reset, all the girls have equal priority with Celice.

Edited by Fenreir

21 hours ago, Luis Liberato said:

@Fenreir Thanks for the help, but by reset does it mean closing the game and starting from a save slot? If so something must have gone wrong because this didn't happen. I mean its whatever the game might have glitched or something

it's always been an obscure mechanic, so i can't say much about that.

the only thing i know is that whenever you reset the game, something changes.

by resetting i mean saving the game whenever you want, then restarting the cartridge(or the ROM, in case of emulators) and load your actual game save file(NOT the save state from emulators) to resume playing.

there's people who managed to abuse the jealousy system and make SeliphxYuria right after the turn they got her in chapter 6 while never resetting the game. others resetted the game in 1st generation, and still didn't manage to get that pair.

in my opinion, considering the story, how the game was supposed to work, and the loss of certain things due to glitches(defender sword in 1st gen, 3 stars lead on Seliph in 2nd gen), it's not really worth the straight run with no resets, unless you absolutely want that specific glitched, incestuos pair.

and even then, it wouldn't be worth the effort anyway due to different unit types and how the game plays overall(mostly horseback units carrying the army).

long story short: better restart in both 1st/2nd generation and find other lovers for Seliph/Yuria.

there's people who even leave Aideen alone just for the sake of having a "canon" pair between Seliph and Mana, wich is quite fine if you like to play around backstories.

the only issue with doing that is that you won't be able to get a Brave bow or a Rescue staff depending on the pairing, but we can't always have everything i guess.

it's also what makes the game unique.

Edited by Fenreir