December's Legendary Hero: Azura Vallite Songstress

daisy jane

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I'm in danger of getting pity broken by nino and Flora. And I have no right to complain about that possibility since I nabbed both of 'em on freebie pulls for their original banners.

In fact, I have one each of red, blue and green colors that could break me. I may as well pull all colors, since all the seasonals are on my list for collection anyway. Accidentally pulling Fjorm is no large concern of mine. I've managed to get this far with only owning the freebie fjorm. Same for Legendary Ike. Those two have been a blessing for F2P strats. I dunno what my strategy will be on this banner, but I know I'll have a lot of orbs because I'm running out of opportunities for the GHB elite quests

Holy fuck this banner is much better than I expected it to be

Every color has at least one unit that I would like

Still prioritizing Red because literally any focus unit there would be amazing (Marth is Marth and I like Marth, Tiki is either to be merged into or to merge into my current one, and Flora is kinda consolation-prizey but still would be neat), but now Green (Hector, Nino and Helbindi would all be pretty neat) and Colorless (Veronica I want because I didn’t take her for my free pick and regret that, Takumi can be merged into my current one, and Eir is Mystic Boost fodder and I wouldn’t mind having more of that) and surprisingly enough Blue (Azura carries this entire color by herself because she seems that useful, though my Raven wouldn’t mind Shield Pulse if I pulled a second Fjorm) are also worth trying on.

Not sure how much I’ll really try on this one though. Gotta save at least a little bit for Laguz.

Also, Grima finally missed one of these.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

BUT SERIOUSLY WHY ARE YOU SKIPPING ELINICIA, GAME?! 

I’ve been saying this about Alm for a while now (unless he was on one of these and I just forgot?).

22 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Hope you all like 4 movement fliers starting next month: Tibarn was already shown to be moving 3 squares in his preview.

IS is actively trying to kill the game at this point between too many Fates Alts and snapping the game's balance in two over their knee. 

It doesn’t stack. Tibarn gets 2+1 movement when he becomes a bird. 

As for the banner itself...5 Azuras and we got the loli version not too long ago. Well, my orbs are safe then. 

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

this banner is mean. 

Azura. (I don't really care about her alt count. other than NY Azura all her alts make for sense imo). but she has to share with Fjorm. and I'd like Summer camilla because that Tome is stupid nasty in the right persons hands)

Veronica would be great to have as will Summer Takumi - and while I do want to get  Mystic whatever from Eir,.. i don't want her right now.

Summer Tiki (sigh) I NEED her with marth, and I wouldn't mind Flora. BUT SERIOUSLY WHY ARE YOU SKIPPING ELINICIA, GAME?! 

Green was always gonna be a pass but of course they made it hard, with Nino being there. 

I wouldn't mind if we didn't just get Lolizura. IS doesn't know how to spread out Alts at all.

AND OFC THIS ONE WOULD BE BLUE WHEN THEY KNOW I NEED BLUE DANCERS 

I don't have much reason to go for Red other than Marth merges so I'll pass on him. Green is pretty decent actually. I may do a round or two from Colorless depending on the NY Banner

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Holy fuck this banner is much better than I expected it to be

Every color has at least one unit that I would like

Still prioritizing Red because literally any focus unit there would be amazing (Marth is Marth and I like Marth, Tiki is either to be merged into or to merge into my current one, and Flora is kinda consolation-prizey but still would be neat), but now Green (Hector, Nino and Helbindi would all be pretty neat) and Colorless (Veronica I want because I didn’t take her for my free pick and regret that, Takumi can be merged into my current one, and Eir is Mystic Boost fodder and I wouldn’t mind having more of that) and surprisingly enough Blue (Azura carries this entire color by herself because she seems that useful, though my Raven wouldn’t mind Shield Pulse if I pulled a second Fjorm) are also worth trying on.

Not sure how much I’ll really try on this one though. Gotta save at least a little bit for Laguz.

Also, Grima finally missed one of these.

I’ve been saying this about Alm for a while now (unless he was on one of these and I just forgot?).

NO he's being skipped too. 
actually the list of Reds that are being skipped is huge. 

Alm, Elincia, Katarina (I think?) Saber, etc. 
and a LOL. Mist - hasn't been on one yet).

like. i know people are all "grr-arg alts." but i'm just like. why is game skipping units for all the newish ones. just give the new ones a focus banner. (hell give the oldones a focus banner, i don't care). LOL I just wanna get more Elincias.  (and Alms). 

I'm not summoning on this until after I get Airzura the 1st. (and i wanna see what's on NY 2018). 
I hear you on the Veronica regret. I LOVE my Axe Ephiriam and he's gotten me out of jams for Armour Quests etc, but not choosing veronica hurt much. 

interesting on shield pulse. i'm building a Raven....

Now that I think about it. I think she shows how the movement buff next month works. So it may be not only for Beast units, but for Infantry and Flier next month. But its only a thought.
If its Beast movement buff, than it could be Nailah with 2 Tiles away who buffs beast units movement.

But if its Flier/Infantry buff, then it could be that Tibarn has something like Odd/Even Movement Wave? xD

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I can't even muster the motivation to get angry anymore.  Guess we have to vote with our wallets.

I think the wallet-voting has clearly showed that people are happy for popular characters to receive lots of alts, or they wouldn't have gone down that path. And hey, I'm definitely behind them on this, I'll happily draw for more of my own faves.

Azura's not one of my faves, but she does seem incredibly useful, and her entire colour carries useful skill fodder at worst, so I'll definitely dip in a bit.

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I wouldn't mind if we didn't just get Lolizura. IS doesn't know how to spread out Alts at all.

AND OFC THIS ONE WOULD BE BLUE WHEN THEY KNOW I NEED BLUE DANCERS 

I don't have much reason to go for Red other than Marth merges so I'll pass on him. Green is pretty decent actually. I may do a round or two from Colorless depending on the NY Banner

true.
but hey. a free green dancer is a free green dancer alt or not (esp. one that can handle veronica/Lyn on Player phase and Reinhardt regardless)

someone mentioned Azura's chances in CYL. 
honestly, i think this + Eirika pretty much assured that Micaiah is winning unless in the next 2 months, we get 3 more alts of her

(pls don't game. my orbs can not handle that). 

Edited by daisy jane

I like this legendary hero. I'm going to hate the heck out of playing against her, but her kit is suitable for a legendary hero. I'm not mad she's a legendary. Personally, I feel any character should be entitled to the possibility of recieving a Brave or Legendary/Mythic alt at some point. Especiallly since they're one-and-done and different from seasonals and Not!Legendary alts (eg: Mage Eirika, Calv Chrom, Swordhardt, and Flynino). Unfortunately, I'm not going to be summoning for her. I've saved up 340+ F2P orbs for Legendary Marth merges, and that's where my orbs are going

Edited by Arcphoenix

I mean ... I don't even think being popular is a proper explanation for this.

If popular characters were really receiving absurd amount of alts because they're popular, then where the heck are Ike's seasonal alt and Roy's legendary alt? Why do Lyn and Lucina technically have less alts than Camilla and Azura if you don't count CYL alts?

I don't even know why the developers have such a hard on for Fates specifically. Isn't Awakening technically more beloved than Fates?

My mind has been set on this banner for three months.  I'm not thrilled either about Azura getting another alt, but my goal is Fjorm and L!Hector merges. 

I'm planning to spend at least 500 orbs that I've saved for this banner on New Year's Day sniping blue and green.  Goals:

• Top priority:
    • 2 merges each for Fjorm and L!Hector
  • Not the most important, but would be useful:
    • Summer Camilla for Hone Fliers and a fast flying blue mage
    • Flying Nino for a fast flying green mage
    • Legendary Azura (two copies would be nice so that I can fodder one off for Blue Flying Duel)
  • Low priority:
    • Helbindi
    • L!Marth - only if there's no blue or green orbs OR I'm pitybroken at 10%+
  • Not important at all:
    • All the colorless units (have them all, including 3 Eirs and Veronicas each)
    • Flora
    • Summer Y!Tiki (have a +Atk version already)

I'm not incredibly happy about Duel skills now being given to legendary heroes; this is worrisome.

oh boy, another unit to have 5 variants of themselves... and hardly anything interesting in the focus...

At least I've gotten so used to it that I'm not even upset in the slightest anymore... I just simply don't care.  At least it's more reason to save my orbs on the Radiant Dawn banner.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The Renais twins aren’t really far off from joining that club. 

I forgot Lyn too somehow.

Ephriam might be the first male to have 5 alts at this pace.

On one hand, I'm aggressively disappointed that we're getting another Azura so soon, and one that looks unnecessarily aggravating to deal with at that. On the other hand, it means I get to keep saving my orbs for more Legendery Lyn reruns for my +10 project.

Also, Ryoma was the Hoshido (Birthright) Legendary, Azura is the Vallite (Revelation) Legendary, so...Nohr (Conquest) Legendary Xander next?

3 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

I'm not incredibly happy about Duel skills now being given to legendary heroes; this is worrisome.

Yeah, I've got enough trouble getting my usual 1 copy of a legendary I want. Getting more to fodder for a skill is usually not something I want to do, but Cordelia is one of my main units..

The strongest feeling I have about this banner is that this legendary is now the most unpredictable dancer in AR.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Wouldn't be a community if they wouldn't making others feel like crap about the other

Nobody take this bait, we don't need any more toxicity here.

9 minutes ago, Nym said:

I forgot Lyn too somehow.

Ephriam might be the first male to have 5 alts at this pace.

One of the developers really likes him so he’s bound to join that club. 

The Legendary Battle looks like it’s going to be a pain. 

Edited by Lord-Zero