December's Legendary Hero: Azura Vallite Songstress

daisy jane

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

How do you not have that much? There wasn't any banner worth spending on for the last 6 months.

I usually spend on legendary banners at the end of the month for rare fodder, but there wasn't really any good color for me to pull on last month and I'm not particularly excited about any of the skills here.

Anyways, looks like Grey Waves was the skill tag affecting movement from 2.11 datamine

Edited by silveraura25

Why did we need this? We already got four other Azura's to play around with and one of them is already a flying dancer. I like Azura well enough and think she deserves a lot of attention but she already had lots and lots attention months ago. Its also yet more Fates which is already swimming in attention, alts and banners at this point. 

I smelled something burning.
*sees 5th Azura alt and a lot of disappointment.*
The usual, I see.
*grabs popcorn*

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm not even opposed to Azura in herself by why another alt so soon?

Did you know that 2018 is the year of Fates (especially alts)?
- January: New Year Corrin TT reward (alt)
- February: Fallen Takumi GHB (alt)
- March: Spring Kagero (alt)
- April: Wings of Fate Banner (alt)
- May: Kana(M) GHB, Legendary Ryoma (alt)
- June: (None)
- July: Summer Camilla, Summer Takumi (alts)
- August: Dancer Ryoma, Dancer Xander (alts)
- September: Nohrian Dusk banner, Garon GHB
- October: Halloween Kagero, Halloween Niles (alts)
- November: Adrift Banner, Young Azura TT reward (all alts except Mikoto)

December has to continue that trend and what a better way to do this with Legendary Azura, right?
New Year will have the 4th Corrin (F), 6th Azura and 6th Camilla to celebrate this year.

It's even more funny if you compare it Awakening who shared almost all seasonal banners with Fates last year. We didn't get that many units from that game (and most of the new Heroes are alts as well).

Edited by Magus of Memery

6 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Oh god its even worse when I see it all written down like this. I wonder what Fates did to get such phenomenal favor from the development team. Its only natural the newer and better selling game gets picked more than Japanese exclusive Jugdral or bad selling Tellius but Fates even dwarfs Awakening by a very significant margin. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

8 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

December has to continue that trend and what a better way to do this with Legendary Azura, right?

December should've taken a page out of June's book.

3 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I feel a little silly now for putting a light blessing on bride Ninian (since she's on every AR team I make). Her unique ability to buff fliers for +4/4/6/6 by herself has been invaluable for me, but Azura's going to be insane. Only dropping one stat boost, she can buff +4/6/6 or something like that initially then add +6/6/6/6 in addition after the dance? That's gonna be broken good.

I like the alt, but powercreep-wise IS has gone nuts.

No need to feel that they, legendary Heroes are eternally blocked from getting light blessing anyway. So if you want to go for max offensive score you can't use her anyway. She is still a good backup unit though. And has more uses on defense. Also I think and hope that they pull her of, because they know that we will get more movement buff soon. But the multiplayer buff is a heavy addition though..

I just hope its only my feeling and she influences def Setups on AR not as much as I think...

I'm honestly disappointed about this banner so much. We get yet another Fates character despite the fact that November (!) was full of Fates alts and it was Heroes' worst month yet: https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-heroes-revenue-dips-to-13-8-million-in-november-at-465-million-for-worldwide-total/. I guess IS never learns... That leaves Jugdral with no Legendary Hero, Roy despite being one of the most popular character has no Legendary alt, Eliwood is still the only FE7 Lord with no Legendary Alt... Honestly, why am I even surprised at this point, of course a dancer from one of the newest games that got another version like a month ago has to beat out multiple lords from other games to get a legendary alt... At the very least it's a easy skip and I can save up more orbs for the Binding Blade banner.

My, my, Red looks pretty good this time around. I really want Tiki, but Marth and Flora are nice gifts too, since I lack both of them. Thanks for the Merry Xmas IS.

Oh yeah, Legendary Azura is boring, but it's still an inevitable (those that think Azura isn't the second most important Fates unit after Corrin are delusional. It sucks for Nohr fans since the other two kibgdoms got their legends, but what can you do?) unit that we got out of the way, so we don't have to worry about her showing up.

Speaking of which, Chrom, Corrin and Xander are other INEVITABLE Legends so you better have your body ready to receive the impact of salt when they come.

They won't come immediatly, between Azura and Ryoma there were legends from a lot of games (even Heroes).

I predict we will get Micaiah, Roy, an OC and a Jugdral boy (Seliph probably) before Chrom shows is face. After Chrom it will be a 3 Houses legend.

Alm will only come the month after his Brave Version for maximus trolling.

This banner is a SKIP!

Good god I am so sick fucking sick of Fates at this point! Especially because we just got an Azura alt not very long ago. Is it really to much to ask for a single Alm alt at this point?! X( It's shit like this as to why I'm campaigning for Alm when CYL3 comes around.

Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that we know beast units are on the way, I would've uninstalled the game at this point.

2 hours ago, Kubson said:

We get yet another Fates character despite the fact that November (!) was full of Fates alts and it was Heroes' worst month yet

That might be due to a lack of Special Heroes Foci rather than disfavor towards alts. Most of the players seems indifferent towards alts. Outside of Legendary Heroes Foci and Special Heroes Foci, I generally ignore the rest of the Foci unless they feature Dancers/Singers, and the lack of Special Heroes Foci means I am not spending any money collecting limited time units.

If I'm being honest with myself, I don't particularly dislike having Azura as a legendary since I like her character and design, though it shows how obsessed IS has been with Fates this year. I probably would have pulled for her if the RD banner wasn't around the corner... and if L!Azura wasn't one of the most blatant case of power creep of this game. Dance and Sing are already the best assists in the game and they just decided to power creep it. Not to mention that her weapon is completely bonkers for buffing bladetome units. The last few moves by IS has been screaming greed and this is probably the most obvious of them all. 

I honestly wonder if characters having 5 alts is worth getting mad about anymore...

Anyways,

Red

If I have some orbs left over, I might throw a few in here for Marth. Flora wouldn't be too bad either.

Green

I am absolutely going be swimming in this. L!Hector is top priority, but Nino and Helbindi would make me happy too.

Blue

I would like to have Azura, but I don't really need Fjorm merges atm, and I am not exactly Camilla's biggest fan...

Colorless

B!Veronica would be nice, I suppose Takumi is ok, but I don't really want to pull Eir….

Overall, I would be focusing on Greens, and a bit on Red if I have orbs left.

One annoying little detail about this banner is that, intentionally or not, they put the broken new legendary in a banner with Fjorm in the same color, so no one pulling that color can get the full 8% odds of a new unit.

I'm a bit tempted by red, since I'm missing all three of the units, but at the same time... Marth and the others aren't as flashy as they were months ago, and they're just going to keep getting less exciting relative to new units with time. This is the problem with this sort of escalation. I think I'll pull any red orbs that show up in my free session and any ticket sessions, if we get tickets, but I don't plan on going further than that.

3 hours ago, Kubson said:

I'm honestly disappointed about this banner so much. We get yet another Fates character despite the fact that November (!) was full of Fates alts and it was Heroes' worst month yet: https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-heroes-revenue-dips-to-13-8-million-in-november-at-465-million-for-worldwide-total/. I guess IS never learns... That leaves Jugdral with no Legendary Hero, Roy despite being one of the most popular character has no Legendary alt, Eliwood is still the only FE7 Lord with no Legendary Alt... Honestly, why am I even surprised at this point, of course a dancer from one of the newest games that got another version like a month ago has to beat out multiple lords from other games to get a legendary alt... At the very least it's a easy skip and I can save up more orbs for the Binding Blade banner.

Remember, making characters takes several months. There are lots of reasons why they should have expected this reaction in time to do something about it, but Adrift isn't one of them.

(Personally, I've been expecting a legendary Azura for a long time, and I don't think Adrift is reason to change that anyway. But this does make Adrift even more worthless than it already was.)

Azura is probably one of the best dancers in the game as of now, when combining prayer wheel and grey waves. But she comes in a very bad blue, fjorm (which I see as a wannabe tank) and a summer Camilla which can be nice but isn't something to get crazy over (thought her tome could work nicely in an offensive built B!Ninian or this azura). When Azura is rerun I will pull for her but not now. What I will pull is red, it has L!Marth and I have a bad owain to spare so Marth will get wrath and with a Fury and with my L!Lucina he will be destroying everything in his path, Tiki will be a nice addition to my flying team and flora is a weird unit that I want to try out and have fun with (I love units with gimmicks like her). Green, I have two green armors (Surtr and M!Grima), I hate helbindi(as a unit) and Nino is nice but I don't care about her much. Colourless is nice but I have Veronica and Eir and S!Takumi isn't necessary right now so I will be skipping colourless. So, I will do a full summon of all colours and then only red.

Also, will she have 33 base Hp? If she has her A skill equipped then 38 is where she would go (which is the number shown at the reveal trailer). If that is the case then perhaps she will have aside from a good speed also a quite good Atk.

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Can you "snipe" on this banner? I mean. for example since i like all red units, it makes sense to snipe, or its better to pull from at least 2 colours to maximize chances?

You can, as long as you get the colors you want in each session. My experience tells me that sniping a banner will guarantee less of that particular color each session however. Right Gunnthra and Zelgius? :dry:

6 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

I smelled something burning.
*sees 5th Azura alt and a lot of disappointment.*
The usual, I see.
*grabs popcorn*

New Year will have the 4th Corrin (F), 6th Azura and 6th Camilla to celebrate this year.

It's even more funny if you compare it Awakening who shared almost all seasonal banners with Fates last year. We didn't get that many units from that game (and most of the new Heroes are alts as well).

It’s surprising there wasn’t any Christmas Camilla at this point :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh god its even worse when I see it all written down like this. I wonder what Fates did to get such phenomenal favor from the development team. Its only natural the newer and better selling game gets picked more than Japanese exclusive Jugdral or bad selling Tellius but Awakening even dwarfs Awakening by a very significant margin. 

Holy shit, people brings Awakening in the “too much alts and representation” wandbagon, but Awakening don’t  have nearly as much representation nor alts as Fates did despite being the second most represented :rolleyes:. Damn, it feels like IS is making it “Fire Emblem Heroes, featuring Fates, and some” :lol:

14 minutes ago, Midnox said:

You can, as long as you get the colors you want in each session. My experience tells me that sniping a banner will guarantee less of that particular color each session however. Right Gunnthra and Zelgius?

game is so on the desire sensor ;) 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Remember, making characters takes several months. There are lots of reasons why they should have expected this reaction in time to do something about it, but Adrift isn't one of them.

Yes, making characters takes several months. That’s why they use the same few characters over and over and that’s also why they commission the same artist every single time. These developers are really terrible at spreading these things out properly. 

11 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Yes, making characters takes several months. That’s why they use the same few characters over and over and that’s also why they commission the same artist every single time. These developers are really terrible at spreading these things out properly. 

They could at least use characters from other games and not practically Fates exclusively 

To be fair... even if IS consider another Fates character for Legendary Hero, like Corrin or Xander, the character wouldn't be well received either.  Legendary Xander would be his 5th version too, while we would have our 7th Corrin (4th if you consider Male Corrin/Female Corrin different characters, which for me they aren't).

The main problem for Azura is that she came too early... or too late.

She came too early because we just had a Azura Alt last month, and she came too late because she would be the great as November's Legendary Hero, to match the Adrift Banner, but for this to work Young Azura shouldn't exist, making Legendary Azura the 4th Alt instead of the 5th one.

8 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Anyways, looks like Grey Waves was the skill tag affecting movement from 2.11 datamine

Now I wonder what poor legendary/mythic might get that underwhelming skill to destroy buildings in AR. If they all happen to end up on legendary/mythics, whoever gets anti-dazzle is going to be huge bait. They could make pretty much any character a legendary with that and people would still pull for it with how annoyed everyone's gotten by healers.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

Can you "snipe" on this banner? I mean. for example since i like all red units, it makes sense to snipe, or its better to pull from at least 2 colours to maximize chances?

I think sniping is almost always the way to go. The only exceptions are:

• You're about equally interested in multiple colors
  • You're prepared to spend hundreds of orbs, to the point where you can be pretty confident you'll get your first pick and want to give your best shot at quickly getting your second as well

If you pull from a second color, you'll slightly increase your odds of pulling a focus unit, but you'll also add about a 50% chance that if you do get a unit, it'll be from the color you're less interested in. So unless you'll be able to keep dumping orbs into the banner well past that point, your odds of getting a character from the color you want most go way down.

31 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Yeah, you'd think they'd at least space them out by enough that they could see the reactions to previous alts before locking in the next ones, but nope.