December's Legendary Hero: Azura Vallite Songstress

daisy jane

29 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

However, when armour units use Armoured Boots they can go through forest tiles no problem, so this may allow infantry units to go through woods with no problems. While having 3 range. 

I think you're misunderstanding the relative situations.

Forests cost 1 movement point for armors and 2 movement points for infantry. So without a buff, each of them take their full movement to enter a forest. With a buff, armors can move through two spaces of anything, while infantry should be able to move through either three normal tiles or one forest and one normal tile.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

On one hand, I'm aggressively disappointed that we're getting another Azura so soon, and one that looks unnecessarily aggravating to deal with at that. On the other hand, it means I get to keep saving my orbs for more Legendery Lyn reruns for my +10 project.

Also, Ryoma was the Hoshido (Birthright) Legendary, Azura is the Vallite (Revelation) Legendary, so...Nohr (Conquest) Legendary Xander next?

A 5th Xander, oh the joy

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I think you're misunderstanding the relative situations.

Forests cost 1 movement point for armors and 2 movement points for infantry. So without a buff, each of them take their full movement to enter a forest. With a buff, armors can move through two spaces of anything, while infantry should be able to move through either three normal tiles or one forest and one normal tile.

Its going to depend on how the game is coded. Did they code infantry units to take a -1 movement penalty in the woods? Armour units to have no movement penalty in the woods? The woods specifically to be "-1 if not flying and not mounted, cannot reduce below 1" with no movement penalty programming on the unit types themselves + movement buff override the forest penalty? etc etc. That's why I said "may". We haven't had this situation before outside of the armour units who gained the ability to move 2 (like infantry) but aren't hit with a -1 penalty (unlike infantry). 

JFC, way too soon for an Azura variant - not even 2 months after young Azura's release!

Blue is looking really good - Azura is ridiculous thanks to her prf and Grey Waves. Wouldn't mind Fjorm merges. Camilla is my biggest target though since my Lyn wants Juicy Wave+.

I wouldn't pull immediately though since the New Year's banners are coming up.

Blue >>> Green = Colorless > Red

4 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Its going to depend on how the game is coded. Did they code infantry units to take a -1 movement penalty in the woods? Armour units to have no movement penalty in the woods? The woods specifically to be "-1 if not flying and not mounted, cannot reduce below 1" with no movement penalty programming on the unit types themselves + movement buff override the forest penalty? etc etc. That's why I said "may". We haven't had this situation before outside of the armour units who gained the ability to move 2 (like infantry) but aren't hit with a -1 penalty (unlike infantry). 

Movement buffs have never changed the terrain movement cost in any FE game. It's likely armours were just set to use 1 movement through forests, otherwise they wouldn't be able to move onto forests at all.

29 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

I like this legendary hero. I'm going to hate the heck out of playing against her, but her kit is suitable for a legendary hero. I'm not mad she's a legendary. Personally, I feel any character should be entitled to the possibility of recieving a Brave or Legendary/Mythic alt at some point. Especiallly since they're one-and-done and different from seasonals and Not!Legendary alts (eg: Mage Eirika, Calv Chrom, Swordhardt, and Flynino). Unfortunately, I'm not going to be summoning for her. I've saved up 340+ F2P orbs for Legendary Marth merges, and that's where my orbs are going

The fact that people expect Legendary Heroes to be broken shows what's wrong with the game right now.

What I'm a bit worried about is Legend Azura's Grey Waves. AR has just gotten much harder on both offense and defense due to its increasing the movement range of the sing target if said target is infantry/flier. Arena is also going to be harder since Azura has Blue Duel Flying though Blue Duel Flying can also be given to units like Cordelia, Shigure, Valter, and Est.

Flier teams are going to be even stronger than before - especially Est, who has a Brave prf Slaying Spear - she can easily quad a lot of different armored units.

As a point of reference, a 5*+10, =Spd Est hits 37 Spd assuming she has 2 fliers nearby for the Triangle Attack effect. This does not count buffs like Hone Fliers, Goad Fliers, Drive Spd, etc.

7 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

JFC, way too soon for an Azura variant - not even 2 months after young Azura's release!

Blue is looking really good - Azura is ridiculous thanks to her prf and Grey Waves. Wouldn't mind Fjorm merges. Camilla is my biggest target though since my Lyn wants Juicy Wave+.

I wouldn't pull immediately though since the New Year's banners are coming up.

Blue >>> Green = Colorless > Red

Well, it may have been 2 months since her release, but the same happened for Hector (kinda) and Lyn (also kinda) and the salt was way less pronounced for Hector and kinda the same for Lyn.

The salt is mostly cause of Fates if we're being honest here. I myself don't care enough to get salty about the games. But the majority of people (maybe not you or me) are likely to get salty simply because it's Fates. The Black Sheep of the franchise.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The fact that people expect Legendary Heroes to be broken shows what's wrong with the game right now.

Dude they're legendary. They're supposed to be strong, and a Legendary Dancer had to be pretty strong to merit the title of legendary. If she had been as strong as FlyLivia there'd be no reason to even debate calling her a legendary since she'd be as strong as a dancer that isn't even a protagonist to begin with.

1 minute ago, ArgentSable said:

Well, it may have been 2 months since her release, but the same happened for Hector (kinda) and Lyn (also kinda) and the salt was way less pronounced for Hector and kinda the same for Lyn.

The salt is mostly cause of Fates if we're being honest here. I myself don't care enough to get salty about the games. But the majority of people (maybe not you or me) are likely to get salty simply because it's Fates. The Black Sheep of the franchise.

Being salty about the existence of alts should be long over and it's not exactly healthy to get salty at every alt that exists. The only people who should be salty at all about the Legend banner are the Azura fans that want to merge her.

Azura is basically Fire Emblem Heroes' Hatsune Miku at this point.

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

What I'm a bit worried about is Legend Azura's Grey Waves. AR has just gotten much harder on both offense and defense due to its increasing the movement range of the sing target if said target is infantry/flier. Arena is also going to be harder since Azura has Blue Duel Flying though Blue Duel Flying can also be given to units like Cordelia, Shigure, Valter, and Est.

Flier teams are going to be even stronger than before - especially Est, who has a Brave prf Slaying Spear - she can easily quad a lot of different armored units.

As a point of reference, a 5*+10, =Spd Est hits 37 Spd assuming she has 2 fliers nearby for the Triangle Attack effect. This does not count buffs like Hone Fliers, Goad Fliers, Drive Spd, etc.

my biggest hope is - I get L!Azura in my first pool and I can get Camilla after i get broken by like veronica/tiki or something. then i can avoid blue period.

3 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

i know people have been grumpy when Lyn hit 5 alts - and I know for a lot of people they just want new characters, but I think Azura was always gonna be Legendary (people have been predicting it). honestly. get it over now, now you don't have to worry about it 'coming and they  can focus on the other ones. but again i know for me I don't really care about 'alts' as long as they do different things (for the most part), and Azura's has been generally consistent. 

OG Azura
PA Azura is literally in the game (I'd argue should be in the permanent pool but i digress)
L!Azura is channeling her mom big time in this form i see (and what she could have/should have been)
and Minizura (sure a reach but again. free. green. singer. i will always take that alt or not). 

the only one that's a stretch is NY Azura. 

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Being salty about the existence of alts should be long over and it's not exactly healthy to get salty at every alt that exists. The only people who should be salty at all about the Legend banner are the Azura fans that want to merge her.

Azura is basically Fire Emblem Heroes' Hatsune Miku at this point.

Ehh you'd be surprised about how many people are still visibly arguing over how alts are lame and don't need to exist in the reddit (which is a mess altogether but you get my point).

And I'd say Olivia and Azura are the vocaloids of FEH. The former grew rather largely in popularity due to being so easily attainable ingame.

I like Azura. I don't like Gray Waves. Refreshers are already a pain to deal with, and now we have one who adds to the target's movement? Ugh.

1 hour ago, TheNiddo said:

However, when armour units use Armoured Boots they can go through forest tiles no problem, so this may allow infantry units to go through woods with no problems. While having 3 range. 

Unlikely. Armored units going over forest tiles is just a class property; if they were hindered by forest they just wouldn't be able to walk on them normally since they only have one move. The movement buff doesn't change their class property, so they just move past forest like it's nothing because that technically is how it works for them. Infantry units require two movement "points" to go over forest, so with three move they can go through a forest and one more tile.

At least, that's how I assume it works.

Edited by Florete

51 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Nobody take this bait, we don't need any more toxicity here.

This community has made me feel like crap more times than necessary, I'm not going to be about it passive any more. I said I would embrace my toxicity after Lucina's trailer & the double standards this community has only reinforce my decision 

Edited by Zangetsu

23 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Dude they're legendary. They're supposed to be strong, and a Legendary Dancer had to be pretty strong to merit the title of legendary. If she had been as strong as FlyLivia there'd be no reason to even debate calling her a legendary since she'd be as strong as a dancer that isn't even a protagonist to begin with.

Thats not what legendary means, legendary means "we wanted to add an alt (or OC)  but know putting it on normal banners will piss people off maybe people will be less pissed if we invent a second type of banner specifically for distributing alts to the same 10 characters"

4 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Thats not what legendary means, legendary means "we wanted to add an alt (or OC)  but know putting it on normal banners will piss people off maybe people will be less pissed if we invent a second type of banner specifically for distributing alts to the same 10 characters"

That sounds like people be piss off no matter what happens 

I don't think that's the point of Legendary's. Not for Marth or the others since people won't really bitch about Marth, or a few others. Namely, this is for them to put in stronger protagonist units with more potent skills, befitting their titles of protagonist. Marth gets to slaughter dragons without any remorse, Lyn gets to use her peoples bow (strange but I guess it works). Hector gets to be his OP self as usual, Ephraim and Eirika get to be the solo the map twins they are in Sacred Stones, etc.

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

This community has made feel like crap more than necessary, I'm not going to be about it passive any more. I said I would embrace toxicity after Lucina's trailer & the double standards this community has only reinforce on how I've become 

I know of a solution, PM me if you're interested.

IS have puts heaps of alts and OCs on normal banners, I really don't think they care about that. Legendaries are just another way to sell orbs.

14 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

I don't think that's the point of Legendary's. Not for Marth or the others since people won't really bitch about Marth, or a few others. Namely, this is for them to put in stronger protagonist units with more potent skills, befitting their titles of protagonist. Marth gets to slaughter dragons without any remorse, Lyn gets to use her peoples bow (strange but I guess it works). Hector gets to be his OP self as usual, Ephraim and Eirika get to be the solo the map twins they are in Sacred Stones, etc.

Ah yes I too remember that time that Ryoma, Azura, Tiki and Grima were protagonists 

I feel like I'd have less problem with Azura if it weren't so soon after Adrift (like I stated in the Christmas banner, IS really does have issues with spacing out their alts), and as a whole I'm just ... kind of questioning the legendary lineup in general?

Our female legendary heroes are Fjorm, Gunnthra, Tiki, Lyn, Eirika, f!Robin, Lucina and Azura. Our male legendary heroes are Hrid, Marth, Ike, Hector, Ephraim, and Ryoma. I'd be okay with an even 8-to-8 split for the first round of legendary heroes, but there should not be more female legendary heroes than male heroes if only for the fact that there are just more male lords. We've ignored every lord in Valentia and Jugdral, and despite being the second highest scoring male overall Roy doesn't have a legendary alt. They're all important too.

Even amongst just the women, Celica and Micaiah are more plot relevant than some of the non-OC choices (assuming we can't remove the OCs), and I really question Ryoma as well for the guys. At first I thought that at least one lord from every game was going to be a legendary, but ... I mean, it's becoming clear that certain games are really shafted in comparison, which makes certain picks more questionable.

Are they going to give us Xander as a Nohrian rep for one of our final legendary heroes, especially since they're making it explicitly clear that Azura is Vallite? Fates is one game,  it's not three different games. Fuck, I'd rather just take a single Corrin of either gender over that.

"Legendary heroes" is a title that hasn't had meaning for a while. It's just whatever plot-relevant character they like enough to stick on a banner with some shiny new skills and abilities to make people pay up. I'm dreading what they end up doing with Mythic Heroes.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Our female legendary heroes are Fjorm, Gunnthra, Tiki, Lyn, Eirika, f!Robin, Lucina and Azura. Our male legendary heroes are Hrid, Marth, Ike, Hector, Ephraim, and Ryoma. I'd be okay with an even 8-to-8 split for the first round of legendary heroes, but there should not be more female legendary heroes than male heroes if only for the fact that there are just more male lords. We've ignored every lord in Valentia and Jugdral, and despite being the second highest scoring male overall Roy doesn't have a legendary alt. They're all important too.

I rather agree with this. And Alm is like the perfect guy to make a red bow legendary.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

"Legendary heroes" is a title that hasn't had meaning for a while. It's just whatever plot-relevant character they like enough to stick on a banner with some shiny new skills and abilities to make people pay up. I'm dreading what they end up doing with Mythic Heroes.

Well, they did say that only god-like characters can be Mythic Heroes. So I would expect characters like Ashera/Ashunera, Yune (in Micaiah's body, perhaps, so it's also Micaiah as well as Yune), Naga, Mila and/or Duma, etc. Though in this case, I wonder why Grima wasn't saved for this. He isn't actually a god, but he's certainly god-like.