December's Legendary Hero: Azura Vallite Songstress

daisy jane

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I rather agree with this. And Alm is like the perfect guy to make a red bow legendary.

Well, they did say that only god-like characters can be Mythic Heroes. So I would expect characters like Ashera/Ashunera, Yune (in Micaiah's body, perhaps, so it's also Micaiah as well as Yune), Naga, Mila and/or Duma, etc. Though in this case, I wonder why Grima wasn't saved for this. He isn't actually a god, but he's certainly god-like.

Grima and Tiki both should have been saved for mythic and Miciaiah is likely also Athos, less likely but fits the criteria 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 5th Azura, eh? So, if I've got this right, we have 5 Lucinas, 5 Camillas, 4 Takumis, 5 Lyns, 4 Chroms, 6 Robins, 6 Corrins, 4 Erikas, 4 Ephriams, and now 5 Azuras....

See, crap like this is why I dropped this game lmao.

Edited by Roland
Forgot 4 Takumis.

1 minute ago, Roland said:

A 5th Azura, eh? So, if I've got this right, we have 5 Lucinas, 5 Camillas, 5 Lyns, 4 Chroms, 6 Robins, 6 Corrins, 4 Erikas, 4 Ephriams, and now 5 Azuras....

See, crap like this is why I dropped this game lmao.

And 5 Tikis.

Y!Tiki

A!Tiki

Summer A!Tiki

Summer Y!Tiki

Legendary Y!Tiki

Hurrah, another Legendary Banner with nothing to interest me. Still waiting on Legendary Roy, by the way, IS...oh wait, that's right, they thought we don't want Binding Blade characters any more...except Cecilia I guess, for some reason they decided we needed another Cecilia and Fae. Oh well, we still have like one more unique stat boost for Legendary Heroes before they have to repeat, right? Good, we needed another Xander.

5 minutes ago, Nora said:

And 5 Tikis.

Y!Tiki

A!Tiki

Summer A!Tiki

Summer Y!Tiki

Legendary Y!Tiki

Oh, I forgot about Legendary Tiki.

*sees artwork* Probably best I did....

I mean, I'm summoning anyways, but jesus... nobody is a fan of this banner, are they?

You know what would be fun, now that this is a thing? Defiant skills. Trigger one of those on a unit and have Azura dance you with her personal weapon equipped, and +7 to all stats. That'd make any Bladetome an actual menace to the world, as well as Eirika.

Edited by Xenomata

*sigh* On the one hand I know Azura's very popular, but on the other hand now she has four non-CYL alts (and so does Camilla for that matter), more than literally anyone else. Meanwhile Ike and Roy still have only one, while Alm, Sigurd, Seliph, and Leif have precisely zero. I can understand the latter three since their games are old as heck by now, but Alm is effectively the newest FE lord and he has zero alts? I wonder if Azura was more just of an excuse to put in a legendary dancer for the whales to snap up. It would certainly explain why they don't care about putting her in so soon after another dancer alt. Anyway, unit-wise:

• Red: L!Marth makes this an automatic yes, but I'd also really like Flora. Tiki is neat, but not really important. Yes.
  • Blue: Ironically this is the one color on the banner I don't care about. I loathe using dancers, so Azura herself is whatever. I'm not interested in Camilla, and I've got Fjorm+2 already. Pass.
  • Green: L!Hector would finally give me a second Fire hero (although L!Marth would do as well), my current Giga!Nino is -Spd (read: crippled), and I don't like Helbindi, but he's a solid unit. Yes.
  • Grey: I'm kind of hesitant on this one, but I'm probably going to pull here. S!Takumi merges would be nice if not necessary, more Eir merges would be awesome for those blessings and for buffing her, and while I really loathe Veronica because of how infuriating she is to fight in AR, I can't deny she'd be very useful in the same. Yes.

EDIT: Seeing Azura's effect reminds me why I love Julia so much. +6 to all of your stats? Screw you, Divine Naga says no.

Edited by KMT4ever
Random aside.

4 minutes ago, Roland said:

Oh, I forgot about Legendary Tiki.

*sees artwork* Probably best I did....

Why? There's nothing wrong with her artwork. It's basically just her original artwork with slightly longer hair and a bigger cloak.

I'm willing to bet half-way through the year, this game will packed to the brim with different versions of other characters.

We'll have Lance Chrom, Axe Chrom, Mage Chrom, Chrom in underwear, Chrom as a dragon, Exalt Chrom, Ghost Chrom, Old Chrom, Jedi Chrom, Did I mention we'll have Chrom too?

4 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Why? There's nothing wrong with her artwork. It's basically just her original artwork with slightly longer hair and a bigger cloak.

Oh. Nevermind then. Thought she looked derpier for some reason.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, they did say that only god-like characters can be Mythic Heroes. So I would expect characters like Ashera/Ashunera, Yune (in Micaiah's body, perhaps, so it's also Micaiah as well as Yune), Naga, Mila and/or Duma, etc. Though in this case, I wonder why Grima wasn't saved for this. He isn't actually a god, but he's certainly god-like.

Well, the actual answer is that they probably didn't come up with "mythic heroes" at the time Grima was released. The "in-universe" reason, though? Uhhh ...

Edited by Sunwoo

Nice to see Azura, though I don’t need her for since I already have Bridal Ninian. I really want to pull on Red, but I need W!Erika for my armor team first. Also, what Is the point of saying that it grant Atk , Res, Spd, and Def only if it’s your highest stat If it gets buffed anyway?

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I rather agree with this. And Alm is like the perfect guy to make a red bow legendary.

Meh, Alm is better off as a colorless bow unit.

As for “god-like”, it’ll most likely be just pretty flavor text in the end. That or we’d end up getting the equivalent of FGO’s Pseudo Servants to save on resources.

Back to topic, it’s nice to see that FGrima finally gets to rest. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

27 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I mean, I'm summoning anyways, but jesus... nobody is a fan of this banner, are they?

You know what would be fun, now that this is a thing? Defiant skills. Trigger one of those on a unit and have Azura dance you with her personal weapon equipped, and +7 to all stats. That'd make any Bladetome an actual menace to the world, as well as Eirika.

I like it. Alts don't get my undies twisted like everyone else. Azura looks nice and I hope I can get her. Being a flier dance just makes it even better. 

I thought I was 100% skipping this banner with the expected Quan and Fjorm on blue(wasn't pulling for Camilla merges with that bad pool), but now I probably pull after all. If I don't get Azura at least Camilla's a great pity breaker for me. Just have to hope I can dodge useless Fjorms.

Edited by Alkaid

5 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Also, what Is the point of saying that it grant Atk , Res, Spd, and Def only if it’s your highest stat If it gets buffed anyway?

Prayer Wheel buffs ALL the stats of the target if the target already has a buff. It takes the highest buff on the target and it applies it to the rest of the target's stats. A flying Blade team can essentially skip Hone Fliers and run exclusively on Fortify Fliers.

Does that mean a Laegjarn who has +12 to all stats gets bumped up to +24 to all stats? Because I think that is what is going to happen. It might rarely happen that extreme, but I think Laegjarn might be the best buddy for this Azura

edit: just checked since I don’t own her myself, but is was in combat buff. Still a great amount of buffs that she can recieve.

Edited by Vicious Sal

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I like it. Alts don't get my undies twisted like everyone else. Azura looks nice and I hope I can get her. Being a flier dance just makes it even better. 

I thought I was 100% skipping this banner with the expected Quan and Fjorm on blue(wasn't pulling for Camilla merges with that bad pool), but now I probably pull after all. If I don't get Azura at least Camilla's a great pity breaker for me. Just have to hope I can dodge useless Fjorms.

I don't really mind either, either because I'm just used to it and more or less expect it, or perhaps because I know even if the character is the same, the unit is most certainly different (albeit powercreeped to hell and back).

Though I am peeved about one thing... can we give Atk Tactics a rest? It's the only Tactic skill available from 4*, we really don't need to keep giving it to 5* exclusives when Spd Tactic is still rare and the other two are... well at least could use some better representation.

20 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

As for “god-like”, it’ll most likely be just pretty flavor text in the end. That or we’d end up getting the equivalent of FGO’s Pseudo Servants to save on resources.

Well; that is pretty much Micaiah-only thing XDU

I just realized. Isn't Azura's outfit resembling the one her mother wore?

latest?cb=20151223120754latest?cb=20180122175548

Also, this Azura is probably the strongest Azura yet, and likely the best dancer. Even more given that she can even give infantry and flying units one ADDITIONAL movement space to use, so they can move the same as cavalry.

You know things are bad when you see the trailer reveal and your first thought is "Well, this is pouring oil into the fire of Fates hate." They make it really hard to survive in this fandom as someone who likes the newer games. Gotta hope they don't add another Takumi for the next 2 years (or at all), so there'll hopefully be less outrage. It just gets tiring to deal with, even if I am not fond of so many Fates alts myself. 

Anyway, here I was just yesterday, thinking about how I still need a blue tomeflier. And now they are scheduling two for me on the same colour. When I absolutely cannot afford to pull. ugh Maybe I'll finally get something nice for my free pull again...

Colours:

Red: Neutral on Marth, already have a good S!Tiki, and can wait for Flora on a better banner.

Blue: This is where it's at. Fjorm is a big dud, but both Azura and Camilla would be fantastic for my flying team. 

Green: L!Hector and Helbindi would both be fodder. Own plenty of green fliers, so no need for Nino. Skip.

Colourless: No particular need for more Eir. A non-Spd bane for Veronica would be nice. Biggest regret is not being able to pull for more Takumis. Spd banes hurt so badly in challenge clears.

Free pull priority: Blue>Colourless>>>Red>Green

10 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Does that mean a Laegjarn who has +12 to all stats gets bumped up to +24 to all stats? Because I think that is what is going to happen. It might rarely happen that extreme, but I think Laegjarn might be the best buddy for this Azura

Laegjarn's Niu boost is a Combat Buff, not a Field Buff. Azura shouldn't be able to affect Combat Buffs, so it's not that extreme.

Edited by Xenomata

Hmmmm…. This would be a terrific banner, but the timing is kind of bad. We just got an Azura alt last month and NY!Azura will be coming back for Round 2 if this past year's seasonals were any indication. IS can't catch a break recently, but then again, they are the ones making all of these questionable banner choices. Let's hope the New Years Banner has less salt attached to it. I can see why people are upset, but quite frankly, I'm just over it. It just makes our community look angry 24/7.

I will pull for this banner, but not too hard. I already have Bridal Ninian, so having Azura isn't an absolute must for me (Doesn't help that Azura is one of my least favorite refreshers in this series.) I usually don't like her design, but I do like this iteration of Azura. I love a feather headpiece moment. She looks like she'll be the best dancer in the game (unless the New Years banner has a cavalry dancer or something)

3 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

While I am peeved it is Azura at least I have a shot every few months at finally getting a flying dancer, and I actually like how this one looks to be in her 20s.  Hopefully she shows up on my free pull, since I will wait to use orbs on this banner until the New Year's trailer comes out.

If this past year's seasonals were any indication, NY!Azura should be coming back soon. Of course, LAzura looks better than NYAzura, but now you have two flying Azuras to pull for.