Legendary Hero Battle - Azura: Vallite Songstress

Landmaster

Phoenixmaster's infernal solution worked for me, but I can't do his abyssal because it of course uses Veronica... I expected that. I hope I find an abyssal one that can work for me soon. I want that gold helmet for Freddy. I have him wearing the red version of it now. The gold one would look better on him! :P

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Is it just me, or do LHBs keep getting harder and harder? This one is EXTREMELY hard. I can't seem to find any way to prevent Azura from singing someone to kill one of my units. I can't kill her early, she doesn't come close enough to any of my units. And even if she did, she has allies that will kill whoever I send to kill her. And I'm just on lunatic... I haven't tried infernal or abyssal.

EDIT: Okay, actually, I found a lunatic solution with my horse team. But infernal and abyssal will probably need a different team setup...

Actually they have toned the LHBs down a bit since Legendary Marth.  

At least from my perspectiv.

That one is still the most brutal one yet.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I don't know, this one gives you a crazy singer to contend with.

But I actually found an abyssal video that worked for me! I had to improvise a bit at the very end because the blue dragon moved differently, but he was the only unit left at that point, so I just needed to find a different way to get the Atk buffs needed to kill him.

I got Freddy his gold helmet, now he looks amazing. :3

8 hours ago, Stroud said:

@mampfoid, so you made me use over 60k feathers. xD But the game is about investment and fun anyway. And I need to save up grails anyway... 

I will look at Vimeo soon. Need to learn a bit about making videos.

I just looked at which characters work on this one though. And I wanted to invest a bit in Ephraim anyway. And its a compilation with characters I care about. 

Hide contents

Using your own Azura make it cakewalk, she will be really good for one-turn clears. Also cool using Athena!

5 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

@mampfoid @Landmaster @LordFrigid @daisy jane

Keep your Legendary shenanigans. I'll stick to based Blárblade B!Ninian, thank you very much.

As many people had figured out before the map even came out, getting rid of Azura early makes things a lot easier, though lacking any good rushdown options I had to improvise and bait her into range; fortunately this was much easier than it sounds due to her Aerobatics extending her movement range. Once she was out of the picture, F!Grima was allowed to clean house with her new Mystic Boost.

It cannot be understated how ungodly powerful Mystic Boost is on a tank: anyone that does no damage to F!Grima is a free heal, anyone who gets instagibbed by her Growing Wind is a free heal, and the constant mid-round healing allows her to survive a lot of bullshit that she normally wouldn't. The only headaches she really had on this map were the Red Mage and Green Cavalier double-tapping her; once one of them was gone, the rest of the map just fell into place.

Grima is a wall with that Mystic Boost, wasn't expecting a near solo~ She made it look easy after Azura went down

2 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

@mampfoid This definitely looked like it would be one of the harder one turn clears, but you still found a way! Speedy Cherche is amazing, and nice use of pass to avoid that annoying obstruct and Ostia’s Pulse to help your gale force procs.

It’s been a while since I managed one of these on my own (especially on a non-earth season week!) but it turns out my fliers were more than up to the task!

The two freaking starting cavalry units gave me the most trouble, between the lance one’s dull ranged making Camilla have little effect and the axe one’s reprisal plus Wo Gun easily killing Elincia without enough attack stacking. I was concerned about the manakete the first time I made it that far since I had to take desperation off Camilla and everyone had very little hp but Airzura reminded me why she’s my favorite singer to use for combat.

Since the last time I’ve used them Grima got merged into a +def -hp one to change that spd bane she used to have (and hey that will even be fixed in February!) and when the update comes around I’ll be able to fix Camilla’s atk bane too (technically I can do that one now since I pulled a +atk -spd one on the legendary banner but I really didn’t want to change her ivs in the middle of trying to clear this).

Overall this wasn’t too bad as far as the Abyssals go provided you can knock Azura out early.

Nice Flier Emblem clear, everyone got a lot of action and it came really close to the wire. Airzura's really amazing being able to take out that Manakete

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

While I still haven't beat Abyssal Marth, I found Hrid's to be the hardest

This one wasn't too hard for me, a bit of tinkering with baiting made sure that azura almost never had someone to dance to until kat killed her. As far as GHB difficulties go marths was definitely the worst due to the sheer amount of reinforcements and the easiest was Hrid, followed by robin, followed by this one. 

Edited by Mackc2

26 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

This one wasn't too hard for me, a bit of tinkering with baiting made sure that azura almost never had someone to dance to until kat killed her. As far as GHB difficulties go marths was definitely the worst due to the sheer amount of reinforcements and the easiest was Hrid, followed by robin, followed by this one. 

Marths LHB also had some of the most sadistic setups and unit builds. The Healer with Panic Ploy. The Tanky sword unitvwith poison strikes, the windsweep cavalier archer. The green Mages. Notvto mention the positioning of the units and map layout. It was a double penetration.

They since then toned down on LHBs. The only one comeing close to Marth is Eirika. abd that one got easier due to the choke point.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Azuris @NegativeExponents- @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @Rafiel's Aria @eclipse @Ginko @Alexmender

@daisy jane @Landmaster @Nanima

So legendary Azura battle means themed clear with the other Azuras!

Firstly is the Fates 1st Gen clear, also my Fates Faves team!

Team is +Spd/-Res +1 Performing Azura, +Atk/-HP Silas, +HP/-Spd Leo and +Atk/-Res Kinshi Hinoka

Music is End of All (Below) from Fire Emblem Fates

-Time to show how bulky Silas can be with Berkut's Lance again and that he is the one with the real gray waves (hint: it's his hair). The darn green bow archer does mean he takes more damage from that guy though which is annoying since he couldn't survive that archer and the axe if they gang up on him. Still his tankiness pulls through especially near the end!

-Leo needed Triangle Adept 1 just for that extra oomph to delete those pesky green units. Blade-powered Glimmers are a wonderful thing.

-Things changed a bit in the second half from my successful clear, so there was a bit of a gap where I had to use my brain to improvise. :P

---

Now for some Fates kids clear! Even though technically Y!Azura isn't part of the Fates 2nd Gen, she's still a kid so the theme works- Fates Kids vs L!Azura!

Team is neutral Male Kana, neutral Young Azura, +Spd/-Def Siegbert and +Atk/-Spd Ophelia

Music is Puzzling Empty Dream from Fire Emblem Fates.

-Highlight would be Mini Azura battling her legendary Adult self. Also nice bit of detail how Mini Azura uses bubbles while the Legendary version just summons up the ocean's gray waves and floods the darn battlefield. Mega Evolution at work here.

-Also Special Spiral Ophelia finally debuts and she is glorious and a perfect partner with a mage dancer. The Vantange blue manakete is her weakness though Y!Azura had to deal with that pesky dragon through colour advantage.

-Kana once again shows how tanky he is, 0x4 from the bow flier is music to my ears.

-Siegbert needed the Close Def seal to survive the lance cavalier. Spur Atk was also useful for when Y!Azura has to duel her older self as she is powered by bonds.

---

Lastly, because it is Azura we are talking about, I just had to do a second Fates Kid clear with her son Shigure...who somehow teams up with the younger version of his mom... Let's just say Deeprealm weirdness!

Team is +Atk/-Res Shigure, neutral Young Azura, +Spd/-Def Siegbert and +Atk/-Spd Ophelia

Music is End: Lost in the Waves (Shigure's voice) from Fire Emblem Fates. (yeah i just had to use Shigure's version of the end map music for this :P)

-While it starts out similarly from the Kana version, things do differ in the second half. Shigure may not have Kana's raw Defense but he does have blistering speed to prevent doubles, and tanks hits that way. The fact that he is a flier also makes the AI patterns differ so there's that to consider. Unfortunately Shigure doesn't have the speed to double her mother but he was important in baiting the units in a specific way!

-----

@mampfoid Nice clear! Love how you used Smite from Hector and Roy using Pass. Good thing yo managed to work it out despite how far everything away is!

@Landmaster Myrrh shrugging off Azura's and the archer attacks was fantastic! I love it when bulky units work, and with how the enemy favoured their player phase with the Firesweeps/Braves/Dance buffs, Myrrh deserves an award for shrugging things off the most. Morgan getting the exact HP needed to kill the axe horse was nice as well and Rhajat was a great armour killer.

17 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Using Pass to break through Obstruct was clever, looked like it didn't end up being too much trouble~ Congrats!

Thanks,! Looks easier this time - it actually took some time figure out how to kill the mage, not die by the Axe Cav and quad the Archer. (See comment to your video below)

17 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yep that did the trick. I won't be able to get any vids up for a few days, though.

Glad you did it. Who had SS before Celica btw.?

16 hours ago, Stroud said:

so you made me use over 60k feathers. xD But the game is about investment and fun anyway. And I need to save up grails anyway... 

Haha, great! Welcome on board. @LordFrigid and @Baldrick are with us. 

I will look at Vimeo soon. Need to learn a bit about making videos.

Vimeo is great since there are no advertisements, but you don't have unlimited free space. 

I just looked at which characters work on this one though. And I wanted to invest a bit in Ephraim anyway. And its a compilation with characters I care about

Great collection of units, pretty jealous of Azura. She would make me depend less in Cavs. 

Athena looks great, do you have pics of their builds? 

Congrats on finding a solution for your units! Also first one turn video immediately an Abyssal map. 

16 hours ago, Baldrick said:

@mampfoid@LordFrigid@Stroud

This map seems like it's designed to prevent the WoM chain strategy, but somehow you made it happen. Hector continues to ably support the Galeforce gang, while Azura's effect looks like it will be very helpful. I'm glad I've got an extra :Nino: from the Legendary banner, but...

Yeah, it was like they wanted to force us fighting reinforcements. 

Congrats on your Nino, but I feel you on Azura ... 

15 hours ago, Azuris said:

Hector is being useful again with his skill getting Galeforce ready without retaliation and smacking your own units around, of course. You make it look really easy again, but seeing the changes you had to make, it may not have been. Well done.

Yeah, Hector is great. I wish he came with Zeglius' Warp Powder, so he could support with his seal as well. Also an axe with support effect would be great. 

Thanks! 

13 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Keep your Legendary shenanigans. I'll stick to based Blárblade B!Ninian, thank you very much.

Awesome idea giving mystic boost to Grima. Also very nice of Azura and the healer to park themselves directly in front of her. ^^

I thought you'd kill Azura with Ninian to revenge powercreep. 

11 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

This definitely looked like it would be one of the harder one turn clears, but you still found a way! Speedy Cherche is amazing, and nice use of pass to avoid that annoying obstruct and Ostia’s Pulse to help your gale force procs.

Thanks, it was fun to ponder out a solution. I immediately had Hector in mind when I saw ranged and Firesweep units only. 

11 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

It’s been a while since I managed one of these on my own (especially on a non-earth season week!) but it turns out my fliers were more than up to the task!

Glad to see your Fliers beating this one. Grima even one-rounded Azura, great solution. I got myself a Summer Camilla recently (*sigh*), glad to see she is up to date. 

Yeah the Wo Gun Cav is nasty, couldn't attack with a brave sword myself. 

Enjoyed this one, congrats!

10 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Finally got the video up

Lol, Myrrh one-rounds Azura against WT. 

Real boss seemed to be Vantage dragon, but you also came over him. Congrats! 

9 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid A head-scratcher that you nonetheless made look easy!  Got any plans for that big feather stash of yours?

Well, if I ever need merges on my units for a clear I'm ready. Also I like to promote and build unused TT bonus units, but of late all of them are 5* exclusive. 

I can't decide for a fourth +10 project, I nearly started merging Jeorge, but I'm just unsure. 

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Nice clear! Love how you used Smite from Hector and Roy using Pass. Good thing yo managed to work it out despite how far everything away is!

Thanks!

I'm just happy Smite still works and I don't need to give him Reposition. 

Surprised you don't have merges on Silas. First I see who actually one-shoted Azura. Berkuts Lance worked out against the dragon.

Now for some Fates kids clear! Even though technically Y!Azura isn't part of the Fates 2nd Gen, she's still a kid so the theme works- Fates Kids vs L!Azura!

Ohh, I want Special spiral also for my Ophelia! Galeforce shenanigans make every clear special. Lol at 4x0 damage against kana. 

Lastly, because it is Azura we are talking about, I just had to do a second Fates Kid clear with her son Shigure...who somehow teams up with the younger version of his mom... Let's just say Deeprealm weirdness!

Ah, thought now you'd do an Azura emblem clear. ;-)

What nature is your Shigure? Perhaps next you could have made him double Azura with some tweaks. 

Congrats on all three clears! 

17 hours ago, Baldrick said:

This map seems like it's designed to prevent the WoM chain strategy, but somehow you made it happen. Hector continues to ably support the Galeforce gang, while Azura's effect looks like it will be very helpful. I'm glad I've got an extra :Nino: from the Legendary banner, but...

Yeah, Azura really gives some new opportunities. And there I was saving up orbs. Still hope that anyone who wants her can get her. On such limited maps her skill is really something.. Maybe we get Hero rises 2 soon. I think L!Azura will be the pic there in worst case.

9 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Using your own Azura make it cakewalk, she will be really good for one-turn clears. Also cool using Athena!

Yeah, Azura was pretty nice and activated my Athena. I always struggled a bit with Athena after GHB/LHB got so hard that I could not do single runs with her. And even if she is a bit in the shadow of Mia and Soleil, I really like Athena and she is still a good unit if invested right. I also think that she has the most skills of all my units. xD Which is why I am a bit mad that she is still at +9. 

41 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Great collection of units, pretty jealous of Azura. She would make me depend less in Cavs. 

Athena looks great, do you have pics of their builds? 

Congrats on finding a solution for your units! Also first one turn video immediately an Abyssal map. 

I hope that I can also get through the next ones. And maybe without inspiration. I just did the same route as you. And had already half the units I need for that. 

Athena is still one of my biggest prides in this game. I gave her so many builds and I would jump in a circle if they give her a refine. I had a bit luck with Ephraim though. Firesweep Sword Pegasus was a match made in heaven for Ephraim.

I just realized that I can make builds on some pages, so I don't have to show them in japanese and explain.

Athena: Atk+/HP-

Spoiler

QDebICF.png

Ephraim: Atk+/HP-

Spoiler

iyGd7bm.png?1

Camilla: Def+/HP-

Spoiler

ttG8EFH.png?1

And I don't need to show L!Azura, she has just her base kit. 

As I saw L!Azura I just knew that she is activating my Athena, I have no Cavalry with Galeforce which is worth mentioning. Only L!Ephraim and he is also situational. Ephraim was an investment for AR which was maybe a mistake. But now he got a build he can work with. And lacking a bit Attack will help in AR for glass cannons.
Camilla was just the missing link and her C skill is redundant. I made use of her rounded stats and the slow archer/cavalry in the upper right corner. I can still make some adjustments for her. She barely hit the right mark on attack stat. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Awesome idea giving mystic boost to Grima. Also very nice of Azura and the healer to park themselves directly in front of her. ^^

I thought you'd kill Azura with Ninian to revenge powercreep.

Oh believe me, I wanted to, but that Green Bow would've leapt into her spot and blew B!Ninian to kingdom come if I had. I feel like that guy is there specifically to screw over B!Ninian and player-side L!Azura.

Edited by Some Jerk

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

I hope that I can also get through the next ones. And maybe without inspiration. I just did the same route as you. And had already half the units I need for that

Most maps don't leave many different solutions anyway, especially if you have few Galeforce and WoM units. 

My solutions aren't always that different from the others, no matter if intended or not. 

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

I just realized that I can make builds on some pages, so I don't have to show them in japanese and explain.

Thanks for sharing. Athena looks great, good luck getting the last copy. If I didn't have brave Celica already, she might have been an option. 

Seeing your Ephraim makes me consider him for my blue infantry spot. When I pulled for summer Corrin he pity broke me two times, so I have a +DEF/-SPD +2 Ephraim. The 90% condition for his refinenent is a bit situational though. Also infantry are the only units to make use of Flashing Blade. 

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

I made use of her rounded stats and the slow archer/cavalry in the upper right corner. I can still make some adjustments for her. She barely hit the right mark on attack stat. 

Ha, I had problems to meet the SPD mark with Cherche on the other hand. 

Why did you choose +DEF for her? 

18 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

I feel like that guy is there specifically to screw over B!Ninian and player-side L!Azura.

I don't think they border considering freshly powercrept units in their map design. :-/

5 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

@mampfoid In these Abyssal Maps the Healer is usually the problem over the Legendary hero. Makes you wonder who the Legendary hero battle should really go to.

Guess we'll get a legendary healer eventually. 

I wonder if Mythic heroes will get MHBs? 

56 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Most maps don't leave many different solutions anyway, especially if you have few Galeforce and WoM units. 

My solutions aren't always that different from the others, no matter if intended or not. 

Also true, most of the time you have to follow a certain line.

57 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ha, I had problems to meet the SPD mark with Cherche on the other hand. 

Why did you choose +DEF for her? 

I somehow forgot why exactly. But she belongs to my Arena core and I wanted her to be a bit more bulky, so she can block units my Sheena can't because of armorbreaker. And I depend much on her with Guidance. Also things like Bold fighter gave me the feeling that Speed is not so important there. She also has Close Def on A for certain situations, so she could also parry some dragons. I know that one time I switched her IV. But I don't know what she had before. And now with bane neutralizing Speed would be even more better... But I have to save up feathers again. I still consider merging Sophia if she gets a refine. 

Building Camilla gave my a hard time and I was a bit pissed about her refine, because with the 2 Armors and a Bonus unit + Guidance I gave her on C before the refine, her refine was just worthless to me. xD I mean it makes sense because of her family. But it was just the wrong refine for me and my use of her.

Yeah, I hope I get the last Athena one day. She is almost finished and I still know, on her first banner I used over 100 orbs for her and did not get her. It was the first banner I wanted a unit badly and I did not get. xD To my luck she demoted.

And Ephraim is nice, but still niche yeah. I hoped to make use of Eir to give him a boost for the 90% mark on AR. But it just does not worked that way. But thanks to the new build I gave him I can maybe use him sometimes on AR. 

11 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @Azuris @NegativeExponents- @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @Rafiel's Aria @eclipse @Ginko @Alexmender

@daisy jane @Landmaster @Nanima

So legendary Azura battle means themed clear with the other Azuras!

Team is +Spd/-Res +1 Performing Azura, +Atk/-HP Silas, +HP/-Spd Leo and +Atk/-Res Kinshi Hinoka

Music is End of All (Below) from Fire Emblem Fates

-Time to show how bulky Silas can be with Berkut's Lance again and that he is the one with the real gray waves (hint: it's his hair). The darn green bow archer does mean he takes more damage from that guy though which is annoying since he couldn't survive that archer and the axe if they gang up on him. Still his tankiness pulls through especially near the end!

-Leo needed Triangle Adept 1 just for that extra oomph to delete those pesky green units. Blade-powered Glimmers are a wonderful thing.

-Things changed a bit in the second half from my successful clear, so there was a bit of a gap where I had to use my brain to improvise. :P

---

Team is neutral Male Kana, neutral Young Azura, +Spd/-Def Siegbert and +Atk/-Spd Ophelia

Music is Puzzling Empty Dream from Fire Emblem Fates.

-Highlight would be Mini Azura battling her legendary Adult self. Also nice bit of detail how Mini Azura uses bubbles while the Legendary version just summons up the ocean's gray waves and floods the darn battlefield. Mega Evolution at work here.

-Also Special Spiral Ophelia finally debuts and she is glorious and a perfect partner with a mage dancer. The Vantange blue manakete is her weakness though Y!Azura had to deal with that pesky dragon through colour advantage.

-Kana once again shows how tanky he is, 0x4 from the bow flier is music to my ears.

-Siegbert needed the Close Def seal to survive the lance cavalier. Spur Atk was also useful for when Y!Azura has to duel her older self as she is powered by bonds.

---

Team is +Atk/-Res Shigure, neutral Young Azura, +Spd/-Def Siegbert and +Atk/-Spd Ophelia

Music is End: Lost in the Waves (Shigure's voice) from Fire Emblem Fates. (yeah i just had to use Shigure's version of the end map music for this :P)

-While it starts out similarly from the Kana version, things do differ in the second half. Shigure may not have Kana's raw Defense but he does have blistering speed to prevent doubles, and tanks hits that way. The fact that he is a flier also makes the AI patterns differ so there's that to consider. Unfortunately Shigure doesn't have the speed to double her mother but he was important in baiting the units in a specific way!

-----

@Landmaster Myrrh shrugging off Azura's and the archer attacks was fantastic! I love it when bulky units work, and with how the enemy favoured their player phase with the Firesweeps/Braves/Dance buffs, Myrrh deserves an award for shrugging things off the most. Morgan getting the exact HP needed to kill the axe horse was nice as well and Rhajat was a great armour killer.

I'm glad I ended up trying out the DD3 Seal on Myrrh, makes her usual tanking even more efficient, even against Azura~

Nice Azura theme teams! Gen 1 clear really showcased all of the units well (I see you got all 3 paths covered with your lineup). Silas is a massive tank, down to that last Manakete, his gray waves definitely overcame. Kinoka and Leo deal out a done of damage across the board, Kinoka especially came really down to the wire. I enjoyed this one since I don't often see Leo

Special Spiral Ophelia is a madwoman, she blew away everything she touched. Seigbert really ran around this entire clear with 2HP, that's impressive. Galeforce is really good on him. Lolizura was just a few HP shy of one-shotting her Legendary self from the get go, still a nice one-on-one. Kana had a bit of a slow start to get him into his Brazen range and proceed to eat everything.

Another 2 HP live for Seigbert and rampage for Ophelia. Annoying Vantage Manakete does not manage to kill Azura fortunately. Shigure may not have gotten as much action but he did help with some valuable tanking to protect his teammates~

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Lol, Myrrh one-rounds Azura against WT. 

Real boss seemed to be Vantage dragon, but you also came over him. Congrats! 

She almost doesn't without Morgan's buffs (I think she's shy 2HP) but it ends up working out

It's always those pesky blue Manaketes with me but I thankfully figured out a way around her this time around~

8 hours ago, Stroud said:

Yeah, Azura was pretty nice and activated my Athena. I always struggled a bit with Athena after GHB/LHB got so hard that I could not do single runs with her. And even if she is a bit in the shadow of Mia and Soleil, I really like Athena and she is still a good unit if invested right. I also think that she has the most skills of all my units. xD Which is why I am a bit mad that she is still at +9. 

She's one of my favorites, too, I haven't begun merging mine yet, but she is one of my plans~ Hope you get your 10th one soon!~

I couldn't come up with my own Abyssal solution with my usual flier team, but I was able to imitate @LoneStar's video with a slightly different team and some improvising at the end.

I think it's the most expensive hero battle I've done yet, since I had to build up Est and Robin completely from their base kits, but as a result I now have them in a usable condition for the future. Ike got some new toys, too. Azura didn't need most of her skills, but she did pick up a new spur.

My team, with unnecessary skills removed from Azura:

tumblr_pkiz1zsqDa1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pkixq9X4Kk1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pkixq7zc7R1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pkixqa0vKw1rj8duz_540.png

Edited by Othin

@mcsilas

Yay for Azura in every team, even though you made me watch her die again and again.

Good you got to use your Fates favorites. Silas did quite some work and I got to see Leo. Poor guy has a bladetome and still has to run TA and he already has a refine so will he ever get some love?

You got yourself some real firepower with Special Spiral Ophelia, but you deserved that considering the stat disadvantage you keep facing with your unmerged units. Also nice to see you are also using Shigure when most use Cordelia instead.

So where are the OG Azura and NY Azura clears? Just kidding.

Nice themes and nice clears, well done.

On 12/28/2018 at 12:25 PM, daisy jane said:

@LoneStar and @LordFrigid those were great clears :) congrats!!
(sigh. will i ever get a +atk Caeda? :( )

Thanks! I’ve got my fingers crossed for the RNG to get that +Atk Caeda to you.

On 12/28/2018 at 3:01 PM, Azuris said:

@LordFrigid

Also really nice here, coming around the other side. There were some really close calls, looks like someone did his math. Good job.

I wish I could say that I calculated all of that out, but tbh I usually take a look at the map to get an idea of what I’m dealing with, then throw stuff at it and make tweaks as I go. I’ll do in-depth math if I run into a particularly troublesome unit, though.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:47 PM, Landmaster said:

Another nice one-turn and Celica solo. I loved Caeda Swapping Peri in for the Galeforce~ The Vantage Manakete is super annoying but good Azura was there to handle it~

As it turns out, using Dragon Fang instead of an AoE lets Celica take the Manakete head-on, because her in-combat Atk stat is cool like that.

Nice Infernal clear there! I’ll admit that I did a double take when I saw how easily Myrrh took on Azura. I was expecting a blue to hit her harder. It was interesting to see Rhajat in action as well, she doesn’t show up often.

@Some Jerk

Nice work on the Abyssal clear! Robin’s tanking madness aside, seeing that poor Lance Cav run right into Titania was pretty funny.

@mcsilas @Zeo @mampfoid

Ok so first off, I’m very flattered that you all kept tagging me despite me not being here. I mean it’s only been 2 months, almost 3, since my break from Heroes because of burnout but it’s felt like forever.

Also mampfoid don’t worry about alert spamming me I really don’t mind. In fact you’re probably the one who does it the least since you don’t tend to do multiple clears so I was really surprised to see you worried about it in the Ike & Soren clear.

Anyway, without further ado let’s get into the clear!

On 12/28/2018 at 12:10 PM, mampfoid said:

Abyssal Azura in one turn:

Sorry for the lacking audio, I'm mobile only for a couple of days. 

This one was a head scratcher for me. The only untits to take damage from (for WoM) where hiding in the upper corners. The Firesweep Peg even had Obstruct to cover the Axe Cav. My Roy had to use Pass (why isn't there are seal for that?). The lack of Guard prevented him from using Brave+, Reprisal would have killed him. 

I had to grind SS for him to get the kill against the ridiculously bulky healer. With the new Bane erasing update, Roy wouldn't have been able to get into WoM range here btw. 

SI for this clear: SPD Smoke 3 & Pass 3 on Roy, ATK Tactic & SPD refine on Cherche. 

@Landmaster Thanks for opening the topic.

@Azuris No hate for Azura, this clear was just a little revenge for evading me on her banner and sending Fjorms instead. ;-) 

Great clear. Speedy Cherche is the best and the use of niche skills like pass and smite are always a treat to see.

Also, at first I was like “what do you mean bulky healer? It easily dies in 1 round” but then I noticed Roy had 69 atk and only barely got the kill on the healer. Damn, abyss is a whole ‘nother can of worms I’m still not sure I’m ready for but here you are 1-turn clearing them and that’s still amazing.

17 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Taking a defensive approach the way you did against an enemy dancer was incredibly ballsy of you! It’s one thing if Azura was simply a dancer but a dancer that can buff +6 to all stats and give them a horse movement?! You absolute madman. Like, how did you even know that the green archer wouldn’t be the one to go for Silas? Or was even he not a threat to him? That was spectacular though and definitely the best way to show off Silas’s bulk and that neither you or he are scared of anything.

18 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Now for some Fates kids clear!

18 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Again?! You are aiming for a heart attack with these defensive clears

These two are pretty much identical at the beginning but instead of Kana it’s Shigure.

Again, I don’t understand why the green archer doesn’t go in for the kill. All the units you used as the tanks were blue so why does the firesweep flier go instead? Especially in Shigure’s case. AI is so confusing but it sure did work in your favor so props to you for taking advantage of it.

Oof that blue cav almost killing Siegbert and him just enduring the pain the entire clear was really something x2 Also, silly Azura. Haven’t you seen any time traveling shenanigans plot before? Everyone knows that destroying your past self leads to less than ideal consequences for you. You shouldn’t try that x2 Ophelia and those AoE bombs of her are just absolutely devastating x2

—————————————————————

I’m pretty excited about this one. Two big things for me in this clear.

The first is that I did this first try! I’m pretty sure I did at least two or three others first try too but I never got them in recording and this video is probably a good demonstration as to why that’s a good thing. So much hesitation and terrible decisions all over the place. Sorry about that in advance. Regardless, I thought it was still enjoyable so maybe you guys might think so too?

The second is the debut of Leon! I’ve been waiting forever to show him off. Thanks to a certain something something from a certain lucky extra seasonal unit, Leon has quickly become one of my favorite units to use. Probably not the best way to show him off, especially since Raven did a good bulk of the work too when ideally it should have just been Leon but oh well. His debut should’ve been in the Aversa GHB, which in all honesty would have likely made for a better first appearance, but I never got around to posting that.

The only strategy you’ll see here is the very beginning where my goal is to get rid of both Azura and the Healer because they would no doubt be the most annoying enemies to deal with.

To pull it off I needed the use of Nowi and her special tome, a dancer/singer, and a unit with Galeforce + killer weapon. I initially wanted to use Lyn as the Galeforce unit and Hector for his Ostian Pulse + Smite to get this to work but it just wasn’t gonna happen no matter how many times I looked at it. Good thing I couldn’t find a way to do it though because those reinforcements got me by surprise and if I had Lyn instead of Raven I’m like 90% sure she wouldn’t have made it.

Building Camilla gave my a hard time and I was a bit pissed about her refine, because with the 2 Armors and a Bonus unit + Guidance I gave her on C before the refine, her refine was just worthless to me. xD I mean it makes sense because of her family. But it was just the wrong refine for me and my use of her.

Well for the babysitting mode in arena her refine is good 50% of the time. Usually my core team doesn't enter in combat anyway. 

3 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Ok so first off, I’m very flattered that you all kept tagging me despite me not being here. I mean it’s only been 2 months, almost 3, since my break from Heroes because of burnout but it’s felt like forever.

Hey, welcome back! Hope you enjoy playing Heroes these days. Btw p2w intensifies with the recent updates

Great clear. Speedy Cherche is the best and the use of niche skills like pass and smite are always a treat

easily dies in 1 round” but then I noticed Roy had 69 atk and only barely got the kill on the healer. Damn, abyss is a whole ‘nother can of worms I’m still not sure I’m ready for but here you are 1-turn clearing them and that’s still amazing

Thanks! Yeah, those stats aren't normal anymore. Glad you enjoyed watching it. 

The first is that I did this first try

Oh cool, first try clears are oddly satisfying. Especially against an unusual map like this (new OP singer + anti EP units). 

Interesting Leon, why does he have ATK/SPD link at level 1? Ah, I see you prioritized Niles' bow. He is looking great with this devilish stuff, the dark crown is perfect. Definitely the star of the beginning of your clear. 

Haha, funny you activated Animations after killing Azura. 

Congrats, a cool and pretty unique way to clear this map. 

4 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The first is that I did this first try! I’m pretty sure I did at least two or three others first try too but I never got them in recording and this video is probably a good demonstration as to why that’s a good thing. So much hesitation and terrible decisions all over the place. Sorry about that in advance. Regardless, I thought it was still enjoyable so maybe you guys might think so too?

The second is the debut of Leon! I’ve been waiting forever to show him off. Thanks to a certain something something from a certain lucky extra seasonal unit, Leon has quickly become one of my favorite units to use. Probably not the best way to show him off, especially since Raven did a good bulk of the work too when ideally it should have just been Leon but oh well. His debut should’ve been in the Aversa GHB, which in all honesty would have likely made for a better first appearance, but I never got around to posting that.

The only strategy you’ll see here is the very beginning where my goal is to get rid of both Azura and the Healer because they would no doubt be the most annoying enemies to deal with.

To pull it off I needed the use of Nowi and her special tome, a dancer/singer, and a unit with Galeforce + killer weapon. I initially wanted to use Lyn as the Galeforce unit and Hector for his Ostian Pulse + Smite to get this to work but it just wasn’t gonna happen no matter how many times I looked at it. Good thing I couldn’t find a way to do it though because those reinforcements got me by surprise and if I had Lyn instead of Raven I’m like 90% sure she wouldn’t have made it.

Nice clear!~ That music change when you started dealing with that Armor had me dying laughing~ I was just imagining Raven going "can I kill him yet, can I kill him?" while Nowi and Ninian are trying to figure out how to chip it down~ Nice Leon Showcase, he's awesome with that CC and Devilish Bow~