Legendary Hero Battle - Azura: Vallite Songstress

Landmaster

12 hours ago, Nanima said:

This one was more trouble than Lucina for sure, but nothing the birds couldn't work out eventually. Funnily enough, Azura's shiny blueness stopped Tibarn from one-rounding her, so that was annoying. I actually had to switch up tactics at one point to get the victory and it sadly meant missing out on a great moment. Just so you guys know, Leanne can take out the blue dragon (almost) entirely by herself. She deserves respect for that, even if it didn't make it into the final product. Reyson had to tank a lot of hits in this one, the poor guy. Intsys really needs to stop putting tough blues on maps like these. It was also a bit funny to me that Tibarn started out as the heavy lifter but Naesala mostly took over by the end.

Did you try giving Tibarn Savage blow? I bet somehow he can kill Azura on turn 1. 

Reyson tanks back! Pretty close survival against Azura and that lance. Also Naesala barely survives Azura, must have been very frustrating for her that bird-bashing didn't work like she planned. 

Your 3 mov Fliers are perfect for hit and run tactics and at the same time they have enough punch to actually kill on crazy maps like this one. 

12 hours ago, Nanima said:

Anyway, hope you enjoyed!

I did, congrats! 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 31.3.2019 at 7:55 PM, daisy jane said:

I know what you mean - some units just make me feel :( . esp if i failed to get them. I'm sorry you didn't get Yune.. you can whine (or PM me and whine there! i'm always glad to listen!). 

Thanks for the offer. I'll be okay of course. It just takes a bit before the sting of disappointment fades and I can move on (to hopefully better luck).

23 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I'm so sorry you didn't get Yune ;~; (took me getting both Kagero and Lewyn until I did myself, she's being a tricky one. Had horrible luck with Green stones and was about to just walk away before she appeared). I felt a bit bad about using her here but I tried to keep her work to a minimum of just poking from the back in the clear. T_T Hope you can grab her when she comes back!

This music is really fitting, love it! I'm quite envious to see that horrible Sword Flier and Cleric gone on Turn 1. They're generally pretty annoying so it was great getting rid of them upfront. Azura gets sooo close to that kill but Naesala just barely hangs on. A shame we didn't get that kill from Leanne in, would have been really nice to see her slay a dragon. But still loving the wombo combo that is Tibarn and Naesala on these.

I am continuing my poking until the banner ends, but odds are that will just leave me with nothing but Roys, Bartres and an 11% pity rate. I am also resigned to the fact that I won't be getting whatever is on the next banner. Ever since the bath banner, my luck in heroes has been outright horrible and the Takus, Princesses and Birbs are the only thing that keeps me going with this game. Don't worry about using Yune though. Abyssals justify using even the most broken of units, and Yune is pretty tame all things considered. 

Yeah, it was great to delete them from the start. Naesala is one tenacious bloke when it comes down to it. And yeah, I was pretty disappointed when I realized I couldn't showcase it, but at least I know it's possible now.

@mampfoid

Tibarn left Azura with 10 HP, so he would have had to use double savage blow to get her, which would have interfered with Galeforce acitvation both there and later on. Heavy Blade is just really a vital a skill on him. 

Yeah, poor Reyson has a lot to deal with when it comes to blues. Naesala also had his fun this time. 

And yes, I am glad they added the birds when they did, so they could make them properly powerful and a very good set-up for these maps. 

On 1.4.2019 at 8:32 PM, Nanima said:

Tibarn left Azura with 10 HP, so he would have had to use double savage blow to get her, which would have interfered with Galeforce acitvation both there and later on. Heavy Blade is just really a vital a skill on him. 

He attacked both the Firesweep flier and the lovely healer for two times Savage blow, which means he could keep heavy blade on the seal slot. 

Edited by mampfoid

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

He attacked both the Firesweep flier and the lovely healer for two times Savage blow, which means he could keep heavy blade on the seal slot. 

Just checked this and.. well with Savage Blow he can't kill anything after the Sword flier, because him doubling relies on the enemy being at full health. haha;;

5 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Just checked this and.. well with Savage Blow he can't kill anything after the Sword flier, because him doubling relies on the enemy being at full health. haha;;

Oh, didn't remember that. Then give him DEF smoke. 

Also getting in Wom range is difficult with his bulk. Fury 4 would have been necessary. 

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oh, didn't remember that. Then give him DEF smoke. 

Also getting in Wom range is difficult with his bulk. Fury 4 would have been necessary. 

Ah I see, that worked out. Still I like that Azura lived longer in my clear, so it could be a proper "boss match" and not just against the cronies. haha

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Ah I see, that worked out. Still I like that Azura lived longer in my clear, so it could be a proper "boss match" and not just against the cronies. haha

I liked your clear, I just think too much in the one turn dimension. ;-) 

@Nanima

Aw, I'm so sorry you couldn't get Yune. Hope you get something you love soon and get her when she returns.

There were some really close calls, so good math there and the herons are amazing for not only singing but keeping everyones health up, so you wouldn't be in danger for the rest of the clear with that low HP. Too bad we didn't see that awesome Leanne moment, but still great clear, well done!

@Landmaster Wow, way to go on tackling Abyssal without a dancer! Male Morgan was really impressive here, and it's really interesting how you managed to make Seal skills work for you. Vantage Keaton is such a scary thing to face. Yune has such a lovely 'tome' animation as well I wonder what she looks like with a normal tome?.  Perfect accessory, too.

@Nanima Another awesome beast emblem clear, I like how it's almost a battle of the dancers- Granting 3 move to infantry/fliers vs 3 move singers! Well, having two 3 move singers put you in a better advantage heh. Great to see Naesala stepping up in the second half, and it's a shame we didn't see that Leanne moment of awesome here but she can be really Restanky.

@Frosty Great clear, Summer Takumi is such a great unit but I never considered the Vantage + Savage Blow combination. Consider me intrigued, it works well with Fury and his Desperation bow, I should start trying that.

You're just missing a red Azura to complete the Azura  colour trio :P

@Azuris @mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @daisy jane @Alexmender @Ginko

So this clear was something inspired by something @Rezzy mentioned in the past, I bring you Zodiac Emblem! Featuring Leo, Ares, Libra and Cancer  Azura (who can also kind of count as Aquarius since her JP name is Aqua). 

Team is +HP/-Spd Leo, +HP/-Res Ares, +Spd/-HP Libra and +Atk/-Res Legendary Azura.

Music is Knowledge (Roar) from Fire Emblem Fates.

-Everyone needs to use an Ares. Even with a meh boon, this guy does work with in-built Special Spiral and Brazens make him hilariously deceptively bulky.

-Ended up giving Libra his base Renewal for his B since he needed to take the brunt against the blue units on this map to cover for my red horses. The recovery really helps as the battle drags on, so it worked well in the end. Drive Spd was to support Leo who couldn't double the sword armour with Swordbreaker without a boost because of his -Spd.

-Speaking of Leo, QR Bladetome is always satisfying to use, it was nice to see him hold his own against the mages in the end. He may be the worst red horse mage but at least he can take hits.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

-Everyone needs to use an Ares. Even with a meh boon, this guy does work with in-built Special Spiral and Brazens make him hilariously deceptively bulky.

Woah, I really slept on Ares. He might be a DC candidate with that set. 

Congrats to your clear, it was about time for a Leo clear again. Also Libra worked pretty well, at the end of the clear he collected more and more kills. 

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Another awesome beast emblem clear, I like how it's almost a battle of the dancers- Granting 3 move to infantry/fliers vs 3 move singers! Well, having two 3 move singers put you in a better advantage heh. Great to see Naesala stepping up in the second half, and it's a shame we didn't see that Leanne moment of awesome here but she can be really Restanky.

It's quite the theme when you consider that, yeah. I do feel bad about not getting the Leanne clear to work, but maybe that'll change someday. She is +Atk after all. :)

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I bring you Zodiac Emblem!

What a great and creative theme! I've been waiting on an ideal Ares, but your clear almost makes me want to promote my neutral copy. Seeing Leo shine is also pretty great, poor guy is so underutilized. Being the worst red horse mage is easy when there is only three. (though being outclassed by a TT unit has to sting) Let's hope they give him a good alt in the future to make this kind of team even more effective. 

On 4.4.2019 at 5:29 PM, Azuris said:

Aw, I'm so sorry you couldn't get Yune. Hope you get something you love soon and get her when she returns.

There were some really close calls, so good math there and the herons are amazing for not only singing but keeping everyones health up, so you wouldn't be in danger for the rest of the clear with that low HP. Too bad we didn't see that awesome Leanne moment, but still great clear, well done!

Yeah, I felt quite bad. But much better now since I got my L!Ryouma. It may have taken 600 orbs over 4 banners to get him to show, but at least he is hear and with a good spread.

Indeed there were, but the team pulled through despite it and didn't need any additional defense set up, which helped. Heron regen is indeed a lifesaver. I hope I get to showcase her elsewhere someday. Thank you!

On 4/5/2019 at 8:32 AM, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Wow, way to go on tackling Abyssal without a dancer! Male Morgan was really impressive here, and it's really interesting how you managed to make Seal skills work for you. Vantage Keaton is such a scary thing to face. Yune has such a lovely 'tome' animation as well I wonder what she looks like with a normal tome?.  Perfect accessory, too.

Team is +HP/-Spd Leo, +HP/-Res Ares, +Spd/-HP Libra and +Atk/-Res Legendary Azura.

Music is Knowledge (Roar) from Fire Emblem Fates.

-Ended up giving Libra his base Renewal for his B since he needed to take the brunt against the blue units on this map to cover for my red horses. The recovery really helps as the battle drags on, so it worked well in the end. Drive Spd was to support Leo who couldn't double the sword armour with Swordbreaker without a boost because of his -Spd.

-Speaking of Leo, QR Bladetome is always satisfying to use, it was nice to see him hold his own against the mages in the end. He may be the worst red horse mage but at least he can take hits.

Thanks! From what I saw on Reddit, Yune with another Tome still holds no Tome

Really cool theme! taking on L!Azura with your own L!Azura is one way to fight fire with fire~ Yours ends up taking a lot of bullying. Libra is really cool to see here. Ares is crazy as always. Your positioning was really good, especially with Libra’s Swap. Leo is incredibly powerful with that Bladetome, just shy of killing that Green Cav. Nice that Libra finishes off the last couple of enemies! Great work with this cool theme!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Landmaster I could write a long paragraph like I always do but... that doesn't feel right here. All I can say is I feel... honored by this clear somehow. From the use of Morgan to something as simple as Seal Res being used in an Abyssal clear of all things. More so as this map was my swan song of sorts. Glad to be an inspiration to someone even after leaving. 

@Nanima The birds do bird things. I would have been a lot more impressed with this if I hadn't already seen them dissect Alm's Abyssal LHB. Still, seeing Naesala survive Azura with 1HP was a treat. I wonder if any map is a match for these beasts of prey.

@mcsilas That was smart manipulating Azura to warp right into Libra's clutches. Both he and Ares are such good units it makes me feel a way about never raising either of them up, Those infinite Bonfires are something to fear. As always you make Leo look good too. I'm not gonna lie though, it irked me when that green cav survived with 1 HP.

@mampfoid @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @Johann @Kaden @Anacybele @eclipse @Usana @Rezzy @Alexmender @Rafiel's Aria @Quintessence @Flying Shogi @Hilda @daisy jane @Ginko @silverserpent @Baldrick @Azuris

I never thought I'd come back to this map... I mean I didn't think I'd come back to FEH in general, let alone doing clears, but I'd left this map so complete, so satisfied I didn't think I'd ever revisit it. I didn't think there would ever be a good enough reason to, and another special clear wouldn't be, not until I realized the context the clear itself would need to have to feel worth it.

Now... come with me for a second, I'm going to take you on a little journey.

I've been doing what I've dubbed "Legacy" clears. Battles and adventures lost in the passage of time, but not a continuation of a story, only little bits and pieces of it not yet before seen, legends of a sort. You saw the journey's end, this map and the C&K BHB was the end of Matt's journey. Chronologically speaking, the only clears that take place after it are Serra's. Serra's journey takes place after Matt's comes to an end.

Now imagine Serra of FEH today, blessed with (the new) Eliwood's power, a power only just discovered to have existed, journeying through the passage of time to revisit old battles of legend. One of the battles in particular is a legendary climactic battle of a unlikely hero. An insignificant thief that grew to be a champion going up against a the army of a powerful songstress. It was the final battle, a battle lost in time and space, leaving it's place of occurence fragmented and lost to all but those who are able to venture through time itself. Serra comes across this lost place of existence, presented with a confrontation, but after discovering the enemy in front of her, she sees only fragments, echos of mighty warriors that once clashed with an unsung champion, now lost in the passage of time. Possessing only a fraction of their original strength and peculiar wounds from a small blade, explaining the drop in stats to Infernal from Abyssal, their original and true power.

With a story like that in my mind, both watching and doing this clear holds so much more significance, both in the sense of an ongoing story and for nostalgic purposes. The memories of Matt's clear reflecting Serra's as you watch it gives it an entirely different feel. And I hope that you can feel even a fraction of that as you watch it. And in a way, I hope that feeling continues to resonate as Serra potentially revisits older maps, travelling across time to experience battles of legend. Which in a way... is what we all do in FEH as a whole. I've merely created my own.

@Zeo Neat video! Fae may have started out stronger but Serra sure stepped up a bit later (finally in the mood to join?) and it was nice seeing her duel with the dragons and the red units that threatened the chicken. The team sure has great synergy with one another and Eliwood sure brings Azura's buffs to a whole new level (kind of funny seeing how this is the Azura LHB)

On 8/14/2019 at 9:47 PM, Zeo said:

Now... come with me for a second, I'm going to take you on a little journey

Well done, that was a nice clear.

Eliwood is the best Lord, giving his retainers the power to do their job and dealing a lot of damage himself. Fae takes out a lot of dangerous units and Serra is turning into a legend herself. 

On 8/14/2019 at 2:47 PM, Zeo said:

@Landmaster I could write a long paragraph like I always do but... that doesn't feel right here. All I can say is I feel... honored by this clear somehow. From the use of Morgan to something as simple as Seal Res being used in an Abyssal clear of all things. More so as this map was my swan song of sorts. Glad to be an inspiration to someone even after leaving. 

I never thought I'd come back to this map... I mean I didn't think I'd come back to FEH in general, let alone doing clears, but I'd left this map so complete, so satisfied I didn't think I'd ever revisit it. I didn't think there would ever be a good enough reason to, and another special clear wouldn't be, not until I realized the context the clear itself would need to have to feel worth it.

Now... come with me for a second, I'm going to take you on a little journey.

I've been doing what I've dubbed "Legacy" clears. Battles and adventures lost in the passage of time, but not a continuation of a story, only little bits and pieces of it not yet before seen, legends of a sort. You saw the journey's end, this map and the C&K BHB was the end of Matt's journey. Chronologically speaking, the only clears that take place after it are Serra's. Serra's journey takes place after Matt's comes to an end.

Now imagine Serra of FEH today, blessed with (the new) Eliwood's power, a power only just discovered to have existed, journeying through the passage of time to revisit old battles of legend. One of the battles in particular is a legendary climactic battle of a unlikely hero. An insignificant thief that grew to be a champion going up against a the army of a powerful songstress. It was the final battle, a battle lost in time and space, leaving it's place of occurence fragmented and lost to all but those who are able to venture through time itself. Serra comes across this lost place of existence, presented with a confrontation, but after discovering the enemy in front of her, she sees only fragments, echos of mighty warriors that once clashed with an unsung champion, now lost in the passage of time. Possessing only a fraction of their original strength and peculiar wounds from a small blade, explaining the drop in stats to Infernal from Abyssal, their original and true power.

With a story like that in my mind, both watching and doing this clear holds so much more significance, both in the sense of an ongoing story and for nostalgic purposes. The memories of Matt's clear reflecting Serra's as you watch it gives it an entirely different feel. And I hope that you can feel even a fraction of that as you watch it. And in a way, I hope that feeling continues to resonate as Serra potentially revisits older maps, travelling across time to experience battles of legend. Which in a way... is what we all do in FEH as a whole. I've merely created my own.

Well I wouldn't have beaten the map without your clears, I should be the one thanking you~ I do a lot more experimenting with lesser seen Skills because of Matt~

I really like the idea of Serra following behind Matt's footsteps~ Especially since she's so similar to how he operated but with less of a solo show~

I know that music! Nanima used it against Lyn didn’t she? I really like it~ Anyway, to the clear. Serra clears always feel more like a team effort.  Fae was so buffed up that a Red unit didn’t even want to attack her, hilarious~ Eliwood being more than just a buff bot and getting some kills in is always nice~ Serra takes over in the end of the map with her healing the team and getting her kills in~

On 8/15/2019 at 1:52 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

Since you guys decided to revive this topic, here's my Abyssal clear in Azura's LHB.

Tell me if I missed some other clears where you didn't tag me, this was great for sure. 

Nowi sneezed away the whole "don't hit back" first attacking wave. She even nearly one-rounded the green brave archer. 

Azura had nothing to sing here. 

• 6 months later...

For the 2nd clear of the ESF Abyssal edition we have a rematch. This map came a long time ago, during a time Wary Fighter was still one of Eirika's greatest obstacles and L!Azura was (and still is) one of the most cancerous foes to face in any given map. Now Eirika came back to finish what she couldn't do so long ago. 

@Alexmender Great clear! Null Follow Up is a great QL skill for those fast enough to use it. Gotta love how Peony joins in the team to say to Azura "I can do your job, too but with Drives!". Really great synergy with the team composition though! (I love how the blade mage did 0 damage to Eirika anyway)

On 3/8/2020 at 7:42 PM, Alexmender said:

For the 2nd clear of the ESF Abyssal edition we have a rematch. This map came a long time ago, during a time Wary Fighter was still one of Eirika's greatest obstacles and L!Azura was (and still is) one of the most cancerous foes to face in any given map. Now Eirika came back to finish what she couldn't do so long ago. 

Nice work! This shows just how far Eirika has come given how easy this was for her. A close call here and there but she overall gets the job done with ease!