Legendary Hero Battle - Azura: Vallite Songstress

Landmaster

@NegativeExponents- Welcome back! and sorry for spamming your notifications while away since I do multiple clears haha You sure came back with a really nice video, Devilish Bow Leon works for him- the 0 damage at the start surprised me as I heard that musical 'ting' sound! Galeforce Raven looks so fun to use with his huge damage and it was very wise to deal with the 2 most problematic units in this map, good job!

And yeah, I'm very enemy-phase orientated which sounds crazy in a map like this with all the offensive skills the enemies had (Firesweeps, Brave Bows, Flash, Gray Waves...) but I guess it's just trial and error to manipulate the AI to where I want them. (That's the thing, I didn't know the green archer never moves first until I tried a few things). As for why Firesweep flier goes first....I think it's because he is the 'safest' option because of Firesweep? Even if I move a unit to the bottom right of the stone pillar (for example, Ophelia), the Firesweep flier goes first and moves right anyway while the green bow doesn't move until later.

But yeah main strategy is to have a blue tank the firesweep sword (and avoid the 'traps' where the flier would be danced to) and just go from there. Green bow + axe horse combo is a threat to Silas though as he can't survive both, which is why I had to have Kinoka and Leo move around a bit to try and split the enemy.

@Azuris Divine Dew is a bit too precious for me to use it on Leo, even if I would like to try the refine one day (I just don't use him as much sadly), plus Bladetome works and he had it before the refine announcement, so might as well just use it! TA was leftover from Selena's Reposition but it does give him a bit more oomph since he would never double anyway.

You want the other Azuras? Hmm....sounds like a challenge, and @mampfoid was trying to see if Shigure can double L!Azura (if he had a Hone Fliers boost he would, which NY!Azura has but she wasn't a child)... maybe I'll do another video if I have time and give Shigure more spotlight if I can.

Also @mampfoid Shigure is +Atk. And no I haven't pulled a Silas since his debut banner, it's a good thing I pulled back then when he was a focus while I still had the chance! Not usually a big merger anyway so I don't mind but with the new merge changes, at least one merge would be good to get rid of the bane. 

@Landmaster Yeah Distant Def seal on Myrrh is nuts, mine is +Res so it really works to her favour. Such a busted unit (but somehow more balanced than Surtr at least :P)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo @mcsilas @mampfoid Hello all of you guys. Did you miss me? I'm back after a very long hiatus.

I never miss any of new GHB and LHB. I think I've done Hrid's map and Gharnef's map too. If you guys wanna watch it please PM me and I will sent it to you. (also we can talk about other things too)

This legendary Azura is brainless to me. Considering more people in youtube pushed more dislike button to the trailer video.

Okay, no more ranting. Please enjoy the show!!

@mampfoid Looking efficient as always. Though hearing that the set up was so difficult puts that in perspective. Interesting to see Pass used though. The HP threshhold does seem worrisome for the future. I hope we get something that helps with problems like this. A Life and Death seal for instance. Still, really well done!

@Landmaster Nice to see the dragon girls out there and taking names! Everyone put in a lot of work for this one. Azura may be a dancer, but in being an annoyance the cleric definitely has her beat. Still, all the Flashing in the world couldn't save the enemies from you. Congrats!

@mcsilas Awesome Fates clear. A bit sad to only see one Hoshidan for the first gen, but fave teams don't need equal distribution (*cough*). Silas is indeed incredibly bulky, he really didn't care about the weapon triangle. 

Also good job on the kid clear. Ophelia is definitely OP with her strength. Mine is -Spd, so I haven't used her much yet but seeing her performance here is great. It's fun to see Shigure fight with his tiny mom, although it throws up all kinds of weird scenarios. Big Azura herself usually found herself taken care of quickly and that shows powercreep isn't everything. haha

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

*snipped*

And yeah, I'm very enemy-phase orientated which sounds crazy in a map like this with all the offensive skills the enemies had (Firesweeps, Brave Bows, Flash, Gray Waves...) but I guess it's just trial and error to manipulate the AI to where I want them. (That's the thing, I didn't know the green archer never moves first until I tried a few things). As for why Firesweep flier goes first....I think it's because he is the 'safest' option because of Firesweep? Even if I move a unit to the bottom right of the stone pillar (for example, Ophelia), the Firesweep flier goes first and moves right anyway while the green bow doesn't move until later.

But yeah main strategy is to have a blue tank the firesweep sword (and avoid the 'traps' where the flier would be danced to) and just go from there. Green bow + axe horse combo is a threat to Silas though as he can't survive both, which is why I had to have Kinoka and Leo move around a bit to try and split the enemy.

*snipped*

It isn't to do with the Firesweep weapon per se. You can observe this on the Normal difficulty version of this GHB, where the Red Sword Flier isn't using a Firesweep Sword.

To roughly describe it:

When there are no immediate attack targets for the AI team, units without assist skills (the green ones) typically move first. Of those, melee units have priority over ranged ones.
So on Infernal and Abyssal, the Red Sword Flier and Blue Lance Cavalry moves before the Green Bow Infantry. The Red Flier moves before the Blue Cavalry because it is closer to your units.

A singer/dancer's Sing/Dance skill has priority over this, but it needs a viable target. 
In the case of this map, The Red Sword Flier moves first. Having ended their move within reach of Azura's Gray Waves reach, they are a viable target, so she uses it. After the Red Sword Flier's 2nd move, the Blue Lance Cavalry then moves, followed by the Green Bow Infantry.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

You want the other Azuras? Hmm....sounds like a challenge, and @mampfoid was trying to see if Shigure can double L!Azura (if he had a Hone Fliers boost he would, which NY!Azura has but she wasn't a child)... maybe I'll do another video if I have time and give Shigure more spotlight if I can.

I had the idea of an Azura emblem clear, but three times green and no healing would be hard.

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

Hello all of you guys. Did you miss me? I'm back after a very long hiatus

Hey, of course. Welcome back!

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

I never miss any of new GHB and LHB. I think I've done Hrid's map and Gharnef's map too. If you guys wanna watch it please PM me and I will sent it to you. (also we can talk about other things too)

If you think you have something interesting to offer, just go on and show them off. :-)

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

Okay, no more ranting. Please enjoy the show!!

Ha, I missed that Shiro indeed, he really obliterates physical foes. The archers seem to have only one reason to be there: Charge his special. 

Nice addition with Kagero, she totally overkilled Azura and Siegbert cleans up here and there. 

Congrats, nice reentrance. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

@Nanima Thanks!

I fear every skill that would help us will be locked to some limited units. My team still gets Abyssal done as you can see, but the occasions to bring my unmerged units (Oscar for example, BB!Marth and so on) became rare. They lack the final punch. 

Edited by mampfoid

On 12/29/2018 at 5:05 AM, Landmaster said:

Finally got the video up

Will be so happy when I get my other computer back and fix all these tragic Thumbnails...

But yeah, overall not too hard, just needed to get a good team set-up. Azura gets herself killed pretty early but she wasn't even the most annoying unit on the map, it was the Flash Cleric that made it the most irritating. 

Nice clear. That blue dragon was a huge jerk so its always good to see other dragons eat it alive. I also think the team is funny with the gloomy Rhajat and a bunch of cheery kids.

Urgh this battle gave me a headache though. Seliph managed to go to town and kill a lot of stuff, including Azura. But those armour knights and that Manakete jerk where a lot harder to take down. After clearing it I did't seem to be able to recreate it for the recording for a good long time either.

@mampfoid Headscratcher or no, you did this quick and made it look easy. Those stats were nothing in the face of your units. Everything was nuked just as it always is, Cherche even had the natural speed to quad the archer. That's crazy. No need even for an EP kill. A Mampfoid classic and a great way to close out the year. 

@LordFrigid A bit more clutch than Mampfoids, but Galeforce Raven is a force to be reckoned with. He stole the show for me.

We also may be used to seeing Nuke+Dancer clears like this, but seeing Celica punch through those stats was still something to see. And of course, ignoring the WT as well.

@kirauza343 I wasn't expecting such devastating Bonfires from F!Grima. I've had her for the longest (with +ATK too) but I never felt she was all that powerful. You made good use of her here, I didn't think she was going to oneshot Azura and the archer. The enemies on this map felt like a looming presence over your team the entire time, but you were always able to keep just out of reach. A benefit of Flier Emblem I've long since forgotten. 

@Landmaster ATK Smoke is already a fantastic skill but on a unit like H!Myrrh it's just unfair. The Flash Healer was troublesome, but she seemed more like a nuisance than anything. You had a pretty good handle on things from beginning to end. Never really felt like your team was in any real danger. Azura doing almost no damage was pretty funny too. Also shoutouts to nerd Morgan.

@Hilda Not at all. Legendary Marth was tough, but nothing was more brutal than Hrid. That stands for me as the single hardest Abyssal map in the game, and the only one I didn't beat without a guide.

@mcsilas Perfect, PERFECT theme. I knew you were going to use that theme before I even started the video. Silas with SS as well, as it should be. (Your first +10 perhaps?) Things got grim immediately as you got boxed into the bottom right corner, but your team fought your way out like champions. Utilizing every unit's strengths (Leo is one I don't see often!) and Hinoka's positioning to dance around the field, swiping away relentless attacks. I cringed near the end when you put Silas in front of the manakete, but when I saw the 3 damage I remembered he had Berkut's Lance+. 10/10 one of your best.

Ha! You did what I couldn't do! Young Azura vs L!Azura was something I would have done for a special clear but I just couldn't be bothered to make it work. The way you set up their duel was brilliant. I started losing track of what to say as I just started watching really intently. Everyone was great here but Special Spiral Ophelia is just ridiculous. Something tells me she'll be serving you quite a lot in the clears to come.

And speaking of Ophelia, she completely stole the show on the last clear. Shigure certainly had a presence on the battlefield, just him being there altered the battle. But without Kana there to tank, Ophelia ended up picking up the slack, but instead of doing that, she simply took over. It was pure magic (me and these puns today!). Fantastic sendoff clear for this year.

@NegativeExponents- Welcome back! Sorry to blow up your notifications, but I didn't want to leave you out. 

Bada** clear though. When I just saw Azura disappear as soon as the map stop I legit doubletook. Then you turning on the animations was just like "...oops, over already?" and what followed was utter ownership. Leon's performance here would have raised Matt's eyebrow. But then you just had to make me laugh when you came in with the Wii Shop channel music in the middle. The grin on my face went from ear to ear. The bow choice on Leon is so perfect and absolutely fitting and it's something I never would have thought to give to anyone. You had a bit of a snafu at the end there with the armor and the cav but you figured it out. Great comeback clear, good to see you.

@Ginko Well lookie here! You're back too! 

Different team this time, surprisingly no L!Roy but Kagero dealt with Azura just as well. You squeezed out every ounce of use there was out of her for this map. Still, Shiro shined the brightest of all. It was almost poetic for him to strike the finishing blow. 

This is the biggest mass tag I've ever done. I'm tagging all of you because at one point or another you all watched my clears and this particular one will be the final battle. When I say that, I mean this will be the last big LHB clears for my team before I retire from recording clears. Technically the "final" set of clears will be the upcoming BHB's in a week or so which I consider to be the "Epilogue" for my clears. I'm going to tag you all one last time, which will be my true final upload. 

Well, here we are, the final battle. The battle to end 2018. It's fitting that I make this post on the last day of the year. This year for me was the year of clears, but also the year of the underdog. To take a unit, dubbed one of the worst in the game and find their true potential, potential few else would have even considered was there. It's the biggest achievement of mine in this game and the one I'm most proud of. For this set of clears I want you all to watch them in the order if you don't already, I'll be doing things in a bit different order.

For this LHB. It was different than the usual LHB. Rather than reinforcements coming from front and back and crazy layouts it was one of the most straightforward LHB's of them all. A clear path forward, perhaps that's a symbolization involving Azura. I don't know, I've never played Fates, but for me it was a symbolization of the end of the road. One final obstacle and the clear road that follows. Despite saying all that, it wasn't the hardest challenge ever faced, but it was definitely the most significant. Being the final LHB for my teams, I'm glad it didn't disappoint.

The level of difficulty on this map was going to depend on one key factor: What will Azura do? Once I realized she favored attacking, my gameplan became very clear. It's a wall, and what do my teams do when faced with a wall? Punch through it? No, they become the wall themselves.

First is Morgan. I didn't think he'd be able to perform how he did for the simple reason that he was a red. But It became apparent that despite her status as the boss of this map, Azura herself actually isn't all that threatening. Vantage was a key skill for the opening but despite that Morgan lacked the ATK to survive initially. Something easily remedied by a simple special swap to Glimmer, a move I thought I'd regret, but it ended up unlocking the second half of the map for me. It's all there, Ninian dances majestically as always and Amelia warps like the merciful angel she is, but Priscilla played just as crucial role with Miracle in a move that the clear would have been otherwise impossible without. It's perfect synergy all the way to the end. You've seen it before, you'll see it here. This is Morgan's final LHB.

For our special clear, Matt & Morgan join forces one last time to face Azura without their healers, sweepers and warping angels. I actually wanted to use "Hishoku no Sora" from Shakugan no Shana as the theme here. But youtube wasn't having it.

Unlike Ryoma where Matthew did the bulk of the work, here Morgan and Matt both shined. Showing what they do best without getting in eachothers ways. Instead complimenting eachother with +5 to offensive stats and +6 to defensive ones. Something impossible for infantry without link skills. No matter what blocks their path, if Matt can't delete it, Morgan can and vice versa. The blue manakete even fell to Inigo after Morgan's influence set him up for a clean kill. It's like I said before, when you put two titans together, you can only get destruction. The finishing turn in particular is something I find even myself watching again and again as they fight in perfect harmony. This is the final crossover.

And here we are. After recieving Hector's blessing (see the Hector LHB topic~) team Matthew faces it's final opponent. The journey from the little throwaway thief to the ultimate tank you see before you. A journey that began on January 14th ends, nearly a full year later. A journey across time and space, facing various heroes from all timelines of Fire Emblem. From the original hero, to a cruel winged lanceman, to an angry pineapple, to a fell dragon, to Matthew's own lord and master. All leading up to this. With his comrades at his back. Inigo, his faithful dancing partner and mage. Ayra, his second string sweeper, sole offensive unit and sibling in arms. And Genny, the lifeline of the team with her firesweep magic, crucial healing, mastery of magic tanking and even occasional savior with her Miracles. It's an oddball team that never should have worked... but it did. It did and here we are. They've been the heroes of FEH for me. They'll continue to be even after I'm done recording. They are team 1, and they probably always will be.

I tackled Azura infernal with my Matt team first and foremost and I was surprised at how quick I got it done. But I decided from the beginning that for the final LHB, team Matthew had to do Abyssal. Azura's 50 SPD was the biggest problem. While the healer was busy healing instead of using Flash, Matt needed to be able to delete Azura, killing her prematurely complicated things so he had to kill her on the right turn but still needed to double her. A problem remedied by the simplest SI I've ever done. Seal SPD. From the beginning he's run Seal ATK, It's his main B skill even now. Running Seal SPD for this final battle was interesting. He's never needed it. It's what makes me realize that he doesn't need that +ATK superboon. Pulling that +SPD/-HP Matt was the best thing that could have happened to him. The other issue was the armors. Genny needed Swordbreaker, after a little SI for that and equipping Pain+, she had what she needed to clear a path for her teammates to work. Even Ayra was forced out of her comfort zone to combat not only blues but fight primarily on EP. The blue manakete was the biggest problem due to being a hard counter to most of my team and Genny not being able to run Razzle Dazzle this time. But where there's a will, there's a way. At the end it's funny. Despite the healer being such a headache and everyone having so much trouble with her, even though she was the very last opponent of the map. She never felt like real threat and the only Flash they were hit with didn't matter in the slightest. Feels boss.

I hope you took the time to listen to be babble. Poigniant goodbyes and all that can wait until the epilogue. For now, Matthew faces his final challenge, let this be a lesson: never let anyone tell you what's impossible. You might just beat the odds.

I'll see you all one last time after this. 

Cheers~

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

This is Morgan's final LHB.

And so the goodbye tour starts.

I'll miss Morgan and his curious team. I remember when you asked whom giving CC to and Morgan was immediately my favorite of your candidates. I'm glad he was the chosen one and I bet you didn't regret it. 

Of course Morgan doesn't disappoint here, the start is a classic and perfect how he kills boss Azura against all odds. 

One could say the rest was cleanup, but there was everything in it: close survivals, clever positioning, kills against WTA, debuffs etc. 

I know there will be another BHB, but this was already a worthy goodbye. 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

This is the final crossover.

Even if they have similar roles in their teams, Matthew and Morgan harmonise so well together. Like they should belong into one team, they make the buff/debuff theme complete. 

I liked all your crossovers, they make your units work in new combinations and new ways, but of course seeing Morgan and Matthew was always best. 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

It's what makes me realize that he doesn't need that +ATK superboon.

Told you so. :-)

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

now, Matthew faces his final challenge, let this be a lesson: never let anyone tell you what's impossible. You might just beat the odds.

Abyssal Matthew, I was looking forward to this ... and it didn't disappoint. Taking on Azura was a real task. After some skirmish she came back fully healed but didn't notice the deadly debuffs and got doubled - unbelievable!

The zero damage "ting" is even more satisfying at Abyssal, thanks Brave Archer! 

Ayra is getting anti-cav on her own and after taking out the armors, Genny had got a lot of healing to do. 

I think I'll have to rewatch it a couple of times to get the details. 

Thanks for all your clears, this has been one of your best! 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

Headscratcher or no, you did this quick and made it look easy. Those stats were nothing in the face of your units. Everything was nuked just as it always is, Cherche even had the natural speed to quad the archer. That's crazy. No need even for an EP kill. A Mampfoid classic and a great way to close out the year. 

Thanks! Yeah, I'm happy I could end the year with a successful clear. Hopefully the new year will start with some good pulls.

So, it's Azura's turn. I guess I'll get swept in the waves.

Normal cleared with low HM units, .Hard cleared with the tactics team, Lunatic cleared with the cav team of LunEirika, Finn, Walhart and Brunonica, Infernal cleared with Phoenixmaster's strat as I just gave up and I do not care about Abyssal.

@Zeo I'm kind of surprised to see this be the end (And to be tagged frankly). Still it's been an impressive year. Thanks for showing that even a unit as left behind as Matthew can put in the work!

@kirauza343 Very nice! It's cool to see that Flier Emblem is still going strong after all this time. The battle of legends was very fun but in the end F!Grima remains the superior flier despite L!Azura being the newest toy. 

@Landmaster Rhajat is a unit you don't see everyday but damn is she strong. Nowi+H!Myrrh is a really bulky combo! That exact damage with M!Morgan was also very cool to see! Great clear!

@mampfoid Damn! You make it look so easy although it must've certainly taken some time to figure out with all the units that can't counterattack to activate WoM, anyways I'm really impressed as always, no Hectorcopter this time but speedy Cherche more than makes up for it.

@mcsilas I'm so jealous of your Ophelia, she's sooo awesome! 

Now for the clears themselves, funnily enough your 1st gen clear reminds me a bit of what I did in my own with Leo and Eirikalter. Bownoka really put in lots of work by sniping fliers, armors, etc but the star of the show was Silas showing how tanky he is, the green bow was a bit scary but nothing he couldn't take.

Both of the 2nd gen clears obviously had Ophelia as the star of the show with her awesome build but that doesn't change the important contributions of the others and Azura vs Azura was lots of fun, it's funny how the big one can't make a dent on the little one. I liked Shigure a bit more than M!Kana but that's just my bias showing. 

@Zeo What can I say, each and every one of these clears have been epic. I may not have commented on the past ones but I certainly watched them and every single one of them was great, to see how you managed to develop these perfectly synergetic teams that have been able to take some of the toughest maps in this game is nothing short of amazing. 

But let's not get too cheesy here, after all there's still one last challenge before closing the curtains. 

The Morgan clear went as smooth as ever, and this time Morgan himself was the star of the show by tanking and destroying everything in his path but his team also put everything on the line to ensure everything was perfect. Ninian may look a bit like a weak link combat-wise but her dancing utility was absolutely crucial for your team's triumph. 

Two titans meet and what comes after is just breezing through the map. Matt and Morgan are strong on their own but together they're able to make everything look extremely easy. 

And last but not least, Matthew's team went all out this time. Tanking/special spams/heals/dancing/clutch moments, the clear had everything and despite looking like they'd be overwhelmed at times they didn't budge an inch and were able to take down all the enemies with those inflated stats. Really epic. 

It's a shame about the music, but YT has always been very trigger happy when it comes to SnS despite it being more than a decade old series. 

- - - - - 

Well, I certainly took my time editing this one. Like with every other Eirika vid I tried to do a solo but 99 Hp Wary Fighter armors tend to be too much for Eirika and the team ended up taking hits throwing the idea of a solo out of the window. So this time Eirikalter is back and ready to roll in a duo with OG!Eirika, and as a bonus no dancers this time!

@Zeo While what you've done with Matthew over the year is incredible, Morgan being able to not only tank, but one-round Azura was the highlight of those clears for me. I still need to work out how to remove her without getting taken out by one of the other enemies.

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Well, I certainly took my time editing this one. Like with every other Eirika vid I tried to do a solo but 99 Hp Wary Fighter armors tend to be too much for Eirika and the team ended up taking hits throwing the idea of a solo out of the window. So this time Eirikalter is back and ready to roll in a duo with OG!Eirika, and as a bonus no dancers this time!

Hey, your Ylgr lives! Cool clear, yeah true solos are becoming impossible, but Eirika still got a big piece of the cake.

Great way to kill armors btw, Astra is usually ridiculous overkill but it makes blademages one-shot Abyssal armors. 

Congrats! 

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Damn! You make it look so easy although it must've certainly taken some time to figure out with all the units that can't counterattack to activate WoM, anyways I'm really impressed as always, no Hectorcopter this time but speedy Cherche more than makes up for it.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the show. Hector is hard to get into WoM range and he can't use WoM himself, so he'll remain a rare sight sadly ... until we'll get a WoM seal. 

Edited by mampfoid

@Alexmender That was a very triumphant clear! I like the variety in the double clear, and I see you are using Ylgr pretty well. Very bold move to go to a dancer map without a dancer! And nice showcase of both Eirikas, I was wondering if you prefer bladetome on Horse Eirika more than Gleipnir? Eirkia taking the manaketes Glimmer with so little dmage just astounds me. Also again, the sound of 0x4 from the bow flier is very pleasing to me haha.

@Zeo Darn sad time. But wow, you sure chose the perfect tracks- nice choice on the Morgan clear, it's a bit sad because of the finality but also beautiful with the setting. Vantage is a really good choice on Morgan, you've convinced me so many times and it is still every bit as impressive as it was the first time. Also yeah Azura's AI can be a bit...questionable at times, since if she can warp in, sometimes she'll attack instead of sing. Once again Miracle + WoM is a great combo and something I've used shortly as well.

Last Stardust on the Morgan/Mattjew clear with space being in the battle bg? Brilliant choice! Those two boys sure have nice synergy with each other and their respective dancers. Matthew doubling Azura was very surprising! They complement each other so well, it's a bit sad we didn't see more of these combos.

Great Abyssal battle as well, your team was sure put to work! I love how Inigo was the once who dealt the finishing blow to the pesky manakete, having green dancers are such a relief (and to think, there are no 'canon' green dancers in FE). Ayra had her work cut out for her on the right side and Genny had to run a breaker, but it was worth it. Seal Spd on Matthew was a great choice, it's nice how sometimes the most useless looking skills can help save the day! Very impressive work!

@Ginko Great clear and welcome back! Siegbert sure held on to his HP near the end and H!kagero is a monster with Bold Fighter! Shiro once again tanks, not fearing swordsor arrows!

@Nanima Thanks! I should really build Oboro a bit more but I'm also waiting for a prf because I feel as soon as I give her Berkut's Lance her prf will show up. Also Rinkah when IS? (Sadly Yukimara and Reina aren't IS's priority...). Silas is an honorary Hoshidan in BR so that helps :P

@Rafiel's Aria @eclipse @NegativeExponents- @Landmaster @daisy jane

So that Shigure clear where he was mostly baiting was bugging me, so this clear was inspired from @Azuris and @mampfoid's comments lol. Now with OG Azura and NY Azura, just in time for the new year (Happy New Year everyone!), all old Azuras will now have a chance to challenge this map. Oh and Elise.

Team is +Atk/-Res Shigure, +Spd/-Atk Azura +2, neutral New Year's Azura and +Spd/-Res Elise.

Music is An Improvised Concerto from The King of Fighters XI.

-Ok final clear this time, I won't do a Legendary Azura clear since she feels a bit too broken. But yeah Shigure and his two moms + Elise because there aren't a lot of horse healer options in Fates in FEH.

-Shigure gets more time to shine as he gets full Def/Res tactics boosts to offset his LaD defense drops, and Hone Fliers from NY!Azura. With Hit and Run, this is a more player phase clear for him thanks to the support of his mothers.

-Elise is also a key unit to this clear, as Shigure can be a bit frail with LaD and her Miracle is a literal lifesaver, and makes her a WoM anchor for the second half of the run. She also needed the Pain stuff because Shigure can't really take on armors without help and otherwise, Azura would be left with 1 HP when Shigure tries to battle her.

-The video is a bit long in the second half because the green mage moved left instead of the usual clears so I had to improvise, but at least this clear had everyone join in on the action so there's that.

21 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Landmaster ATK Smoke is already a fantastic skill but on a unit like H!Myrrh it's just unfair. The Flash Healer was troublesome, but she seemed more like a nuisance than anything. You had a pretty good handle on things from beginning to end. Never really felt like your team was in any real danger. Azura doing almost no damage was pretty funny too. Also shoutouts to nerd Morgan.

This is the biggest mass tag I've ever done. I'm tagging all of you because at one point or another you all watched my clears and this particular one will be the final battle. When I say that, I mean this will be the last big LHB clears for my team before I retire from recording clears. Technically the "final" set of clears will be the upcoming BHB's in a week or so which I consider to be the "Epilogue" for my clears. I'm going to tag you all one last time, which will be my true final upload. 

Well, here we are, the final battle. The battle to end 2018. It's fitting that I make this post on the last day of the year. This year for me was the year of clears, but also the year of the underdog. To take a unit, dubbed one of the worst in the game and find their true potential, potential few else would have even considered was there. It's the biggest achievement of mine in this game and the one I'm most proud of. For this set of clears I want you all to watch them in the order if you don't already, I'll be doing things in a bit different order.

For this LHB. It was different than the usual LHB. Rather than reinforcements coming from front and back and crazy layouts it was one of the most straightforward LHB's of them all. A clear path forward, perhaps that's a symbolization involving Azura. I don't know, I've never played Fates, but for me it was a symbolization of the end of the road. One final obstacle and the clear road that follows. Despite saying all that, it wasn't the hardest challenge ever faced, but it was definitely the most significant. Being the final LHB for my teams, I'm glad it didn't disappoint.

The level of difficulty on this map was going to depend on one key factor: What will Azura do? Once I realized she favored attacking, my gameplan became very clear. It's a wall, and what do my teams do when faced with a wall? Punch through it? No, they become the wall themselves.

First is Morgan. I didn't think he'd be able to perform how he did for the simple reason that he was a red. But It became apparent that despite her status as the boss of this map, Azura herself actually isn't all that threatening. Vantage was a key skill for the opening but despite that Morgan lacked the ATK to survive initially. Something easily remedied by a simple special swap to Glimmer, a move I thought I'd regret, but it ended up unlocking the second half of the map for me. It's all there, Ninian dances majestically as always and Amelia warps like the merciful angel she is, but Priscilla played just as crucial role with Miracle in a move that the clear would have been otherwise impossible without. It's perfect synergy all the way to the end. You've seen it before, you'll see it here. This is Morgan's final LHB.

For our special clear, Matt & Morgan join forces one last time to face Azura without their healers, sweepers and warping angels. I actually wanted to use "Hishoku no Sora" from Shakugan no Shana as the theme here. But youtube wasn't having it.

Unlike Ryoma where Matthew did the bulk of the work, here Morgan and Matt both shined. Showing what they do best without getting in eachothers ways. Instead complimenting eachother with +5 to offensive stats and +6 to defensive ones. Something impossible for infantry without link skills. No matter what blocks their path, if Matt can't delete it, Morgan can and vice versa. The blue manakete even fell to Inigo after Morgan's influence set him up for a clean kill. It's like I said before, when you put two titans together, you can only get destruction. The finishing turn in particular is something I find even myself watching again and again as they fight in perfect harmony. This is the final crossover.

And here we are. After recieving Hector's blessing (see the Hector LHB topic~) team Matthew faces it's final opponent. The journey from the little throwaway thief to the ultimate tank you see before you. A journey that began on January 14th ends, nearly a full year later. A journey across time and space, facing various heroes from all timelines of Fire Emblem. From the original hero, to a cruel winged lanceman, to an angry pineapple, to a fell dragon, to Matthew's own lord and master. All leading up to this. With his comrades at his back. Inigo, his faithful dancing partner and mage. Ayra, his second string sweeper, sole offensive unit and sibling in arms. And Genny, the lifeline of the team with her firesweep magic, crucial healing, mastery of magic tanking and even occasional savior with her Miracles. It's an oddball team that never should have worked... but it did. It did and here we are. They've been the heroes of FEH for me. They'll continue to be even after I'm done recording. They are team 1, and they probably always will be.

I tackled Azura infernal with my Matt team first and foremost and I was surprised at how quick I got it done. But I decided from the beginning that for the final LHB, team Matthew had to do Abyssal. Azura's 50 SPD was the biggest problem. While the healer was busy healing instead of using Flash, Matt needed to be able to delete Azura, killing her prematurely complicated things so he had to kill her on the right turn but still needed to double her. A problem remedied by the simplest SI I've ever done. Seal SPD. From the beginning he's run Seal ATK, It's his main B skill even now. Running Seal SPD for this final battle was interesting. He's never needed it. It's what makes me realize that he doesn't need that +ATK superboon. Pulling that +SPD/-HP Matt was the best thing that could have happened to him. The other issue was the armors. Genny needed Swordbreaker, after a little SI for that and equipping Pain+, she had what she needed to clear a path for her teammates to work. Even Ayra was forced out of her comfort zone to combat not only blues but fight primarily on EP. The blue manakete was the biggest problem due to being a hard counter to most of my team and Genny not being able to run Razzle Dazzle this time. But where there's a will, there's a way. At the end it's funny. Despite the healer being such a headache and everyone having so much trouble with her, even though she was the very last opponent of the map. She never felt like real threat and the only Flash they were hit with didn't matter in the slightest. Feels boss.

I hope you took the time to listen to be babble. Poigniant goodbyes and all that can wait until the epilogue. For now, Matthew faces his final challenge, let this be a lesson: never let anyone tell you what's impossible. You might just beat the odds.

I'll see you all one last time after this. 

Cheers~

I am glad I thought to give her Atk Smoke when getting DC from Hrid, it's made her an ridiculous tank in situations like this, even Azura can't crack her~

For his last clear, you found a way for Morgan to end up as the star. Priscilla’s Miracle saving her from what would have been exact damage was clutch. Amelia impressed in addition to her usual flying around, surviving a Bladetome when she wasn't at full health was something I didn’t think she’d be able to do. The synergy with taking down that last wave was perfect. 

Ah, Matthew and Morgan for the final time~  And just as you’d expect, there’s nothing they can’t handle when they’re together. Inigo hurt me with his “Grand Finale” knowing this is the Grand Finale for them~ Even though they weren’t many, the Crossovers were some of my favorite of your clears~

Abyssal was a battle and a half, and despite the difficulty, Matthew still takes much of it on himself. Ayra handles his right so he only needs to worry about what’s in front of him, and Inigo and Genny due their usual Support. But using Swordbreaker on Genny was a really interesting strategy. Totally worthy of their final Abyssal battle.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

That's the right spirit, welcome aboard the one-turn clear train! That's a cool Eldigan btw. 

Haha thanks, I've been doing these since last month. Did Hrid's and L.Lucina's, but couldn't figure out Ryoma's in time, heh.

Also I think I went against your AR defense the other day.

Eldigan having exactly 48 health with the refine is rather convenient, though, ngl.

8 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@Landmaster Rhajat is a unit you don't see everyday but damn is she strong. Nowi+H!Myrrh is a really bulky combo! That exact damage with M!Morgan was also very cool to see! Great clear!

Thanks, Rhajat's great when there's horses to be dealt with that no one else can handle~

That’s a monstrous OG!Eirika, she hardly struggles with anything, not even the blues. Horse!Eirika cleans up everything she doesn’t finish off. I liked how the first few turns of Yglr’s turn was just moving one space so the Eirikas could enjoy those nice buffs. You even got it done without dancers, great job!

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

So that Shigure clear where he was mostly baiting was bugging me, so this clear was inspired from @Azuris and @mampfoid's comments lol. Now with OG Azura and NY Azura, just in time for the new year (Happy New Year everyone!), all old Azuras will now have a chance to challenge this map. Oh and Elise.

Team is +Atk/-Res Shigure, +Spd/-Atk Azura +2, neutral New Year's Azura and +Spd/-Res Elise.

Music is An Improvised Concerto from The King of Fighters XI.

-Ok final clear this time, I won't do a Legendary Azura clear since she feels a bit too broken. But yeah Shigure and his two moms + Elise because there aren't a lot of horse healer options in Fates in FEH.

-Shigure gets more time to shine as he gets full Def/Res tactics boosts to offset his LaD defense drops, and Hone Fliers from NY!Azura. With Hit and Run, this is a more player phase clear for him thanks to the support of his mothers.

-Elise is also a key unit to this clear, as Shigure can be a bit frail with LaD and her Miracle is a literal lifesaver, and makes her a WoM anchor for the second half of the run. She also needed the Pain stuff because Shigure can't really take on armors without help and otherwise, Azura would be left with 1 HP when Shigure tries to battle her.

-The video is a bit long in the second half because the green mage moved left instead of the usual clears so I had to improvise, but at least this clear had everyone join in on the action so there's that.

Ah, an offensive Shigure clear with the other two Azuras and best girl~ First off, music is great~ As for the clear, love to see the whole team getting involved, even your Singers. Elise’s Pain+ was really useful for weakening all of the foes since you got rid of that annoying Cleric really early. She actually did more fighting than I expected. Shigure did most of his work in the beginning but also came through at the end, being able to survive and kill that awful Manakete. Both Azuras also came through when they were needed to take and deal out some hits, awesome clear!

@Zeo @mampfoid @mcsilas

Aww, thanks! Feels good to be back.

On 12/30/2018 at 4:12 AM, mampfoid said:

Oh cool, first try clears are oddly satisfying. Especially against an unusual map like this (new OP singer + anti EP units). 

Interesting Leon, why does he have ATK/SPD link at level 1? Ah, I see you prioritized Niles' bow. He is looking great with this devilish stuff, the dark crown is perfect. Definitely the star of the beginning of your clear. 

Yup. I prioritized the Devilish Bow because it just seemed like huge waste to not use such a fantastic weapon. Not to mention there's other sources of ATK/SPD link so I might eventually get my hands on that some other way. And I also love how Leon is now a DIY Halloween Seasonal of sorts. If IS won't give me one then it's up to me to make one.

On 12/30/2018 at 4:12 AM, mampfoid said:

Haha, funny you activated Animations after killing Azura. 

20 hours ago, Zeo said:

When I just saw Azura disappear as soon as the map stop I legit doubletook. Then you turning on the animations was just like "...oops, over already?" and what followed was utter ownership.

Yeah... not having animations on was a mistake. Even I was like "Wait, what just happened?" after Azura disappeared very anticlimactically.  After an absurd amount of time trying to do her Abyssal difficulty afterward though she definitely deserved it.

On 12/30/2018 at 5:03 AM, Landmaster said:

Nice clear!~ That music change when you started dealing with that Armor had me dying laughing~ I was just imagining Raven going "can I kill him yet, can I kill him?" while Nowi and Ninian are trying to figure out how to chip it down~ Nice Leon Showcase, he's awesome with that CC and Devilish Bow~ 

That is exactly what my Raven was thinking with not just with that armor but the sword cav too. I still can't believe that there was a time where I kept dragging Raven onto the sword cav three times in a row expecting the results to be different XP

And yeah, Leon is freaking amazing with his kit. Thanks!

On 12/30/2018 at 5:13 AM, mcsilas said:

You sure came back with a really nice video, Devilish Bow Leon works for him- the 0 damage at the start surprised me as I heard that musical 'ting' sound! Galeforce Raven looks so fun to use with his huge damage and it was very wise to deal with the 2 most problematic units in this map, good job!

The 0 are always so satisfying to hear but I guess I can't be too surprised since I did build him to take on the punishment. Galeforce in general is such a fun skill but Raven with his atk and spd make it so much better.

On 12/30/2018 at 5:13 AM, mcsilas said:

To be fair, I feel like I'm pretty EP oriented too because having enemies go up and suicide on your units is super satisfying but you are such a risk taker. Yeah, I figured it was probably trial & error but I feel like your guess about firesweep going first because it's the safest option hit the nail right in the head. The same thing happened to me when I was trying for abyssal even though I was painfully aware that the green bow could have easily 1 rounded my units.

21 hours ago, Zeo said:

Leon's performance here would have raised Matt's eyebrow. But then you just had to make me laugh when you came in with the Wii Shop channel music in the middle. The grin on my face went from ear to ear. The bow choice on Leon is so perfect and absolutely fitting and it's something I never would have thought to give to anyone. You had a bit of a snafu at the end there with the armor and the cav but you figured it out. Great comeback clear, good to see you.

I see, you have discovered my ultimate goal. A Leon that rivals your Matthew! Mwah hah hah hah hah hah! Honestly the Wii Shop should've been there the whole time since my confusion never went away. Thanks, great to see you too!

22 hours ago, Zeo said:

This is the biggest mass tag I've ever done. I'm tagging all of you because at one point or another you all watched my clears and this particular one will be the final battle. When I say that, I mean this will be the last big LHB clears for my team before I retire from recording clears.

Or at least that's what I want to say but you're retiring already?! I mean I knew it was happening but it still feels sad man. I was not ready for a goodbye. Are you still sticking around even after your done making clears or are you done with Heroes for good?

22 hours ago, Zeo said:

First is Morgan.

It was amazing how quickly Morgan took care of Azura. He took her down as if it was him that had WTA over her. So many close calls in this one but outside of that it was a clean sweep.

23 hours ago, Zeo said:

For our special clear, Matt & Morgan join forces one last time

What a spectacular cross over! Matt and Morgan make this look like a piece of cake and they have tight knit synergy.

Nice touch to have their respective dancers refresh only their respective teammate. Did you run into any significant problems trying to pull that off?

On 12/30/2018 at 11:31 PM, Zeo said:

team Matthew faces it's final opponent.

Now that was a battle that is worthy of being the final battle. Matthew didn't even flinch despite all the incoming assaults and even Ayra held her own well. And the consistency in which Matt is able to spam his Aether is just insane. Not only that but your team pretty much became attached to that pillar and never came off. Your team was as much as a wall as any team can hope to get. It's cool that a seemingly useless skill like seal spd was the key to solving this.

I'll truly miss your clears once your gone but thank you for everything and for letting me be part of your journey with Matt and Morgan.

Also @mcsilas I'll comment on your video a bit later just let me take a rest off of this keyboard. I really should have replied back sooner rather than letting these stack up >_<

@mampfoid Thanks! Yeah, I couldn't bear killing Ylgr after she showed up with her best possible nature (+Spd -Hp) so from now on she'll be a regular on my clears, although I'll try to put B!Lucina in every now and then if I find Spd Tactic to be overkill.  

@mcsilas Offensive Shigure certainly feels more natural than tank Shigure but both are pretty cool. This time Elise showed the sheer OP of Wrathful+Dazzling Pain+, I really need to get one of those for myself. 

About Eirikalter, I prefer Gleipnir most of the time because it is more unique and allows Eirikalter to rush ahead and not worry about buffs and stuff but in Abyssal maps I can't afford those types of tactics unless I want to get her killed so a blade tome is 1000x better. 

@Landmaster I actually didn't notice how Ylgr was like "1 step foward, 1 step back, 1 step foward...boring, boring, boring" until after I uploaded the video, haha. 

Thanks! I'm really proud of my Eirika and always love to show how she's strong enough to stand toe to toe against Abyssal enemies, now if I could get an Adrift M!Corrin to get rid of that Wary/Bold Fighter weakness she has...

@Nanima Terribly sorry, I thought I tagged you, but this is the kind of stuff that happens when you lack sleep. I did my set of clears for this map and they're a doozy. Scroll up till you find my post!

@Alexmender Something told me you were still watching and it's always appreciated. 

It's been a while since I've seen one of your clears and this one didn't disappoint. Say what you will about Matt & Morgan but your Eirikas have some harmony of their own going. They were definitely up to the challenge and made this LHB look like just another clear. As soon as I saw that lance armor I knew he was going to be the last enemy on the map, but you danced around him in almost effortless fashion. The highlight for me was definitely the Astras from Horse Eirika. 142 damage is just ridiculous. 

@mcsilas My only gripe with your original Shigure clear was how inactive he was and you remedied that in perfect fashion. He danced around the field supported by his mothers and even got to take down his legendary one which was my biggest want. The Green mage was troublesome and it looked back when he had you boxed in the corner but you got out in the only way possible which was really awesome. Great final clear. L!Azura would have trivialized the map for you, but it's commendable that you did it without her.

@mampfoid Thanks as always! My biggest worry about this final LHB wasn't how difficult it was but that it would end up anti-climactic. In the end it brought the best out of all my teams as I hoped it would. Even the backdrop to the battle was perfect. I couldn't have asked for more.

@Landmaster Amelia surviving the red mage was the biggest surprise honestly. 

@NegativeExponents- I'll be around still, though probably a bit less. Feels like closing the door on these clears is the first step to quitting, even if I don't intend to. But I'm going stick it out for a while. And no, Matt & Morgan are poetry in motion. You've missed quite a few clears of mine. This is the 2nd team up for them. When I've wrapped up recording I'm going to make a playlist of my 3 types of clears (Matt/Morgan/Special) and put it in my sig.

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

Terribly sorry, I thought I tagged you, but this is the kind of stuff that happens when you lack sleep. I did my set of clears for this map and they're a doozy. Scroll up till you find my post!

It's no trouble. I am just glad I did see it now. Those were some wonderful last clears. Morgan and the crossover were very impressive, but the last Matthew LHB clear was simply incredible. After almost a year, this does seem like everything coming to a close in a beautiful way. I am so going to miss these guys, but they do deserve to enjoy their retirement. Thank you again for all the free entertainment. It's been fun!

On 1.1.2019 at 5:02 AM, mcsilas said:

Thanks! I should really build Oboro a bit more but I'm also waiting for a prf because I feel as soon as I give her Berkut's Lance her prf will show up. Also Rinkah when IS? (Sadly Yukimara and Reina aren't IS's priority...). Silas is an honorary Hoshidan in BR so that helps :P

Ah, same thing here. Have been itching to build Oboro and Hinata for forever, but I always expect them to get some neat refine every month... (and I am reluctant to sacrfice my only Lene to give Hinata Safeguard.) Agreed on them adding Rinkah soon, along with Orochi of course! I guess he can count in that way, although I personally don't (just like I can't count Kaze as Nohrian in Conquest. haha;;)

As for your most recent clear, it was great seeing Shigure with his two moms. Was Elise a stand-in for P!Azura or just needed for the role she fulfilled? Because her chipping was pretty amazing to watch!  She kind of stole the show from the others, but it was amazing to watch her tear down the enemies. Congrats! 

On 1.1.2019 at 5:02 AM, mcsilas said:

Happy new year also to you! 

Haha funny we bugged you enough. ^^

Adorable clear again, Shigure plus double-mom against his OP-mother. Funny way to use Miracle-Elise to block the green archer away, she really saves Shigure a couple of times. 

On 1.1.2019 at 7:56 AM, Fruity Insanity said:

Haha thanks, I've been doing these since last month. Did Hrid's and L.Lucina's, but couldn't figure out Ryoma's in time, heh.

Also I think I went against your AR defense the other day.

Cool, hope you keep sharing them here. 

You are welcome to your free AR-win, my map isn't that good. 

On 1.1.2019 at 9:31 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

Yup. I prioritized the Devilish Bow because it just seemed like huge waste to not use such a fantastic weapon. Not to mention there's other sources of ATK/SPD link so I might eventually get my hands on that some other way. And I also love how Leon is now a DIY Halloween Seasonal of sorts. If IS won't give me one then it's up to me to make one.

He really looks great with that bow/Accessories.

Perhaps I slept a little on those Guard weapons, should use my Kagero more (Bold Fighter makes her PP though).