Legendary Hero Battle - Azura: Vallite Songstress

Landmaster

After many attempts I have completed all difficulties with a team of Rein, Tharja, Dark Azura, and Axeura. The hardest past was baiting out legAzura, her Gray Waves buff made things painful for me. But with a bunch of experimentation with positioning, I overcame the challenge. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infernal went down to Leon and his dancer harem.  PA!Azura was oddly the key here - the red flier "tracks" her, so I was able to make it move so that I'd be able to shoot it down along with several of its buddies.  Needed the HP +5 seal on regular Azura, so she could tank a lance hit.

I'd record what I did, or do a play-by-play, but... man, these Abyssal battles are impossible to play-by-play when there's so many enemy unit moves to go over, plus it's a chore recording, so...

In brief, I used my new 5* +10 Eir and Ophelia, plus Bride Ninian and Adrift Azura, to turn this battle into a minimal trial and error cakewalk. Adrift Azura and Ninian were necessary to get Blazing Light ready on attack 1. I more or less knew what to do, I just had to find the right order to do it in.

Really, Ophelia is plain broken, and Eir eliminates the need for a Healer... I kinda feel cheap using them and took away all the challenge of the Abyssal battle...

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I kinda feel cheap using them

You got Eir to +10! You should be more confident in yourself.

Late again, but managed to at least view everyone who tagged me.

@Zeo

The final battle makes me kind of sad. But you really deserve the free time after all these clears.

The Morgan battle started really aggressive, but our little mage proved again that he can even get things done on enemy phase. Good to see the final battle showed most things again, that we got to know this team for. Morgan blasting units away, prevailing even against blue units, Amelia warping around taking out units threatening the others, Miracle saving the day and Ninian being the always helpful dancer who even got some combat at the end. Well Done.

And the final crossover managed to really show the combined might of your team leaders again. Supported by their trusty dancers, who managed to help them show off their real power by absolutely taking that map apart. A worthy finish for the crossovers. Good job.

And of course I took the time to listen to everything you said. And for the final battle with Matthew I kind of expected you would let nothing but abyssal count. And Matthew learned some new SPD tricks even at the end. Always impressive how little damage you manage to take from abyssal enemies, the problem is more, that they are not taken out as fast as they spawn, so you need to take care not to get overwhelmed. But you sure got your defenses down and managed to protect everyone while getting the opponents down one after another. The blue manakete was really evil, but still you prevailed and could even use him to keep the healer busy. A real nice finish to Matthew's journey. Really well done.

@Alexmender

That is absolutely incredible. You managed to cut your way through abyssal with nothing but your Eirikas and two units just standing around giving buffs. Not even dancers or anything giving you more actions, just Eirika. She took the dangerous aoe special and kept going, but with no healer she had only her special to get her out of this dangerous situation and you still prevailed. That was such an impressive display and an amazing tribute to Eirika. Really well done.

@mcsilas

Sorry, I didn't mean to bait you into doing another clear, but I appreciate it. Even though there were a lot of Azuras it was more of a Shigure highlight, which I am fine with. Also Elise did a lot of work and helped quite a bit, especially some of the enemy counters could have been hard for Shigure without her.  Thanks a lot for showing even more Azura, well done.

Edited by Azuris

On 1/2/2019 at 7:22 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

Holy crap I cleared Abyssal :o

Edit: Somehow the spoiler got completely borked so no spoiler.

This one came down closer than I thought it would,  they all came down pretty low on their health, but you still got through it, congrats!

On 12/31/2018 at 8:02 PM, mcsilas said:

So that Shigure clear where he was mostly baiting was bugging me, so this clear was inspired from @Azuris and @mampfoid's comments lol. Now with OG Azura and NY Azura, just in time for the new year (Happy New Year everyone!), all old Azuras will now have a chance to challenge this map. Oh and Elise.

Team is +Atk/-Res Shigure, +Spd/-Atk Azura +2, neutral New Year's Azura and +Spd/-Res Elise.

Music is An Improvised Concerto from The King of Fighters XI.

-Ok final clear this time, I won't do a Legendary Azura clear since she feels a bit too broken. But yeah Shigure and his two moms + Elise because there aren't a lot of horse healer options in Fates in FEH.

-Shigure gets more time to shine as he gets full Def/Res tactics boosts to offset his LaD defense drops, and Hone Fliers from NY!Azura. With Hit and Run, this is a more player phase clear for him thanks to the support of his mothers.

-Elise is also a key unit to this clear, as Shigure can be a bit frail with LaD and her Miracle is a literal lifesaver, and makes her a WoM anchor for the second half of the run. She also needed the Pain stuff because Shigure can't really take on armors without help and otherwise, Azura would be left with 1 HP when Shigure tries to battle her.

-The video is a bit long in the second half because the green mage moved left instead of the usual clears so I had to improvise, but at least this clear had everyone join in on the action so there's that.

I like how I said I'd comment "a bit later" and now it has been almost a week since then...

Yay! Shigure finally sees some action! That was something that was sorely lacking from his last clear but now it is fixed. Still, I feel like Elise was the real star of this map with all the pain she dishes out. Which is kinda funny considering you went "Oh and Elise" as if she was just there for moral support.

I see you are still as defensive as ever. Gotta admit though, there's nothing else like seeing you go from seemingly being backed into a corner 

I love how you forced the terrifying green archer to back off by having the frailest unit block his path. I like to think it just couldn't bare the thought of harming Elise so they changed their ways and backed off. That axe cav sure didn't seem to mind though.

Ahhhhh that Green Mage Cav! I see it got you in a bit of pickle there for a second with you trying to figure out where to go. Their range is just absolutely the worst. Leaves you with almost nowhere to hide. And it hits hard too. You managed to get avoid and survive it pretty well though.

Great clear!

On 1/1/2019 at 4:38 PM, Zeo said:

@NegativeExponents- I'll be around still, though probably a bit less. Feels like closing the door on these clears is the first step to quitting, even if I don't intend to. But I'm going stick it out for a while. And no, Matt & Morgan are poetry in motion. You've missed quite a few clears of mine. This is the 2nd team up for them. When I've wrapped up recording I'm going to make a playlist of my 3 types of clears (Matt/Morgan/Special) and put it in my sig.

Great to know you'll still be around then and yeah, I've missed quite a bit. Ooh and playlist on your sig that sounds fancy. It's like a carrying a medal detailing all your accomplishments. That's cool.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now, for the reason I was selfishly late to replying...

Abyssal Azura

@mampfoid

This is what has taken all of my free time as of late. My first Abyssal difficulty clear.

Lewyn, an Evil Pineapple, and a gloriously beautiful Oliver, among many others lesser units, were sacrificed for this. So much grinding went into these Azuras because they too had to be more than mere dancers. Today, they were warriors.

Now, were these sacrifices worth? Aside from the Takumi and quite a lot of overlap in the two Azuras skills who I was planning to eventually merge, I'd honestly say yeah, because you see, we weren't fighting for a simple golden accessory. No, it was way more than that. We were fighting for sweet, sweet street cred honor.

Now, my initial was a going on the defensive. To turn my units into the walls they were never meant to be. That lasted a good whole hour before I probably said F that because let's be honest, unless this was a predominantly magical map, none of them can take repeated assaults from the enemy.

The next strategy, however, was the one I spent my whole time and resources on thinking it'd be the one to bring them to victory. It was pretty much a copy paste of mcsilas's Shigure clear. It starts almost exactly the same as this one with Niles taking a sword to the face and killing Legendary Azura in the first turn but then I immediately switch to the defensive and take more of a Guerrilla Warfare approach the same way mcsilas did. And let me tell you, I became much more intimate with the map then I was ever hoping to become in trying to get that to work. I had gotten the AI manipulation down to a T for this map just through sheer trial and error. And you know what? It actually almost worked. They managed to get to the last two units but sadly, there was no way past one particular unit... The Green Mage Cav. The red mage was there too but he was of no particular worry. However, the cav could easily one shot all my team and once he gets to the pillar there is no escape. Someone always has to be in his range and it was just the worst. And the real kicker was that Niles could easily tank the cavalier and counter kill him but he was limited in how much he could pump his Res up and it all traces back to the beginning where if Azura ever does less than 5 damage she will refuse to attack Niles and will simply dance the sword peg to do her dirty work. And it's just so dumb because I could understand if she was doing 0 damage but the arbitrary less than 5 damge bull? AAAHHHHHH! :angry: That was so infuriating. Like why did Azura suddenly decide to become smart at that point. I really don't get but what it meant was that this particular strategy was doomed from the beginning and I had to start from scratch :sob:

The final strategy, as you can see, was a simple one. No more defense, no more running, we take on Azura and her whole team by storm. Don't give them a chance to regain their composure and corner us. No, Niles and the Azuras corner them instead. The result was more than satisfying.

That's enough of my ranting now so I'll leave you watch the results for yourselves.

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

This is what has taken all of my free time as of late. My first Abyssal difficulty clear.

Hey I loved this one, Oliver (RIP) would approve. How you could get Niles without merges to kill Abyssal units, also the Azuras worked well together. 

Nice block of the green Archer and so many exact kills of units that otherwise would have killed one of your team. Quasi one whole clutch moment. 

The special spiral lets Niles unleash his Glacies one after one. He even cracked the fridges. 

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The final strategy, as you can see, was a simple one. No more defense, no more running, we take on Azura and her whole team by storm. Don't give them a chance to regain their composure and corner us. No, Niles and the Azuras corner them instead. The result was more than satisfying.

I like offensive approaches, very bold and successful. Can imagine this being satisfying. 

Big congrats! Looking forward for more. :-) 

Here I am, dropping my comments to my friends. 

@mcsilas Your Silas is so damn cool tanking blue dragon like that. I want to build him too but i don't have any good IV yet. Hope to see him at higher merge and maybe Steady Stance 4 on him lol. 

@Zeo I miss your Matthew too, I got chance to use him in VG and it is quite hard for me to use him well. But he help me a lot in some situation. This new year I decide to build my first mage tank unit after a full year with Shiro. You will see him soon in my future clear ^^.

@mampfoid Last but not least, seeing your team bring down abyssal map in 1 turn is really fantastic. I feel guilty that i don't have chance to watch some of the old maps. But still ,I will keep supporting you from time to time as I can't play FEH more often like I used to. Most of your units reach +10 merge but your Roy and my Shiro are in the same boat lol. Waiting for their banner to come back.

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

Last but not least, seeing your team bring down abyssal map in 1 turn is really fantastic. I feel guilty that i don't have chance to watch some of the old maps. But still ,I will keep supporting you from time to time as I can't play FEH more often like I used to. Most of your units reach +10 merge but your Roy and my Shiro are in the same boat lol. Waiting for their banner to come back.

Thanks!

Don't feel guilty, I do have a list of all clears lol. 

Yup, I hope we both will get some merges soon. I still regret to have skipped Roy's last banners as he seemed to fly by automatically for a time. Also my Shiro has more merges (+6) than Roy (+5). 

@mampfoid I think you'll like Speed Smoke on Roy. The sacred seal version is glued to my Roy. 

Gray Waves is such a cheat. I want it. 

Notes:

Turn 1: Roy needed to take a hit from to reduce Galeforce's count to 4.

Turn 4: Repositioned Reinhardt back so the axe cavalier moves in front of the trench tile.

Turn 5: Roy's Drive Def 2 seal reduced the damage Cecilia would take from the Bow Flier so she can tank the green mage cavalier and KO back on the enemy phase.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

I think you'll like Speed Smoke on Roy. The sacred seal version is glued to my Roy. 

Yeah, it'll be useful for sure. Too bad I had to sacrifice a F!Takumi.

7 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Gray Waves is such a cheat. I want it. 

Notes:

Fast and clean clear, congrats! Bet positioning (and AI manipulation) was the key once again. Cecilia killed the dragon even without buffs. 

I ended up being lazy and threw Ophelia at Abyssal (and all the other difficulties), and it was still kind of a pain. Ophelia can't one-round kill the green knight and blue dragon at the end by a pretty big margin (and there aren't enough other enemies standing around to bounce Blazing Wind into them), which was super annoying, needing Olivia to kill the green knight and Azura to weaken the blue dragon.

It was really nice that the sword pegasus with the Firesweep Sword just runs in first thing and tows Azura along behind it so that I can both activate Wings of Mercy right off the bat and snipe Azura dead on the second player phase.

+7 Ophelia [+Atk, -Def] (Missiletainn, Draw Back, Blazing Wind, Life and Death 3, Special Spiral 3, [empty], Hardy Bearing 3)
+10 Flying Olivia [+Spd, -Def] (Skuld, Dance, Moonbow, Bracing Stance 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Guidance 3, [empty])
+10 Bride Ninian [+Spd, -Def] (Fresh Bouquet+ [Spd], Dance, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Drive Spd 2, Hone Atk 3) [Summoner A]
+1 Dream Azura [=] (Book of Shadows, Sing, [empty], Spd/Res Bond 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Drive Def 2, Drive Res 2)

This would've been a hell of a lot easier if I had a Legendary Azura ready to go, but I'm lazy and want to wait until the mage training maps come around to level her.

@NegativeExponents- Ah sorry for the laaate reply but wooooow great job on the Abyssal! (I haven't even touched the Abyssals, no time left because of work and it's only an accessory anyway... I had no street cred to begin with )

Yeah my approach can sometimes be very frustrating when the stats work against you, sorry you had to go through that pain but wow,  I'm just blown away by your clear and double Azuras + Axura. Niles chipping down that 99HP armour sure was something! But yeah the green mage cav is so annoying especially if you use OG Azura who has a cripping weakness to it (hence why my Elise had to lift her game up haha to be fair she's not related to her teammates hence the 'oh and Elise' lol)

@Ginko Thanks! I hope you get a good Silas soon! I'm waiting on a dupe Sutr to give Silas SS4 first, (or even a 2nd Silas- I never summoned him again since his banner strangely enough). I'm thinking of giving him Brazen Def/Res or Atk/Def for now though, but I don't like sacrificing Male Kana haha.

@Azuris Nah no problem, I wasn't satisfied with my original Shigure clear anyway so I'm glad this one worked out. Elise really filled a hole in the team as Sigure can't take on the knights repeatedly without healing and well...Pain+ is just so much more effective against those tin cans.

@mampfoid@mcsilas@Vaximillian@Rezzy@Ice Dragon@NegativeExponents-@Zeo@SatsumaFSoysoy@Rafiel's Aria@eclipse

I haven't pulled off Abyssal yet but here's Infernal. Takumi and his dancer buddies decided to cause mayhem. Now with Vantage and Double Savage Blow.

Edited by Frosty

17 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I haven't pulled off Abyssal yet but here's Infernal. Takumi and his dancer buddies decided to cause mayhem. Now with Vantage and Double Savage Blow.

Nice mayhem, looks like you are having fun. If Vantage wasn't needed for Azura, you could have used Poison strike for the Fridges.  

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Wasn't sure I could even do this one, but Morgan turned out to be the key. The two cavaliers also wound up being really easy to take out. :3

Great! That was one of the maps where I wondered what you were going to do. Perfect positioning. 

Abyssal has finally been beaten!

@mampfoid

Another one where I managed it without a dancer! I really need to stop defaulting to a dancer all the time.

Decided to fight buffs with debuffs, in the form of M!Morgan and our new Yune. Now, TBH, IDK how many debuffs Yune actually got off because I didn't really have time to pay attention but I do know for a fact her debuff on Azura's Spd is what saved Morgan. Morgan, however, was really the leader of the team. Even if he couldn't damage Azura's buffed up minions at first, his buffs on his teammates and debuffs on them allowed us to at least have a fighting chance.

The key to this win ended up being Seal Res on Nowi. We don't use Seal Skills very often but one thing I took away from watching @Zeo's clears was the Seal Atk on his Matthew. I was very close to foddering a F!Robin for B Tomebreaker because the Lance Cav required both Yune and Nowi to kill, leaving Nowi to be doubled and killed by Azura, but I thought, let me just try Seal Res first, Nowi's B Slot is seeming pretty flexible here. And it ended up creating the opening for Yune to kill and Nowi to Swap to safety.

Minor SI needed was Spur Atk on M!Morgan, which Keaton needed to manipulate Azura into not attacking him with his Vantage ready (she lives on 1 HP). He also needed Spd/Res Bond to survive Azura's attack. Yune's Drive Spd also bumped his Spd up enough to not be doubled. Keaton's Brazen Atk/Res once again saves him from pesky Clerics. The end came down to AI manipulation in getting the Blue units to follow Keaton and not dogpile the others on the right.

14 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Revisited this for a 1-turn:

Wasn't sure I could even do this one, but Morgan turned out to be the key. The two cavaliers also wound up being really easy to take out. :3

Ayyye, look at our matching Morgan thumbnails~~

F!Morgan was great! Taking Azura out right away with perfect damage. The placement was perfect for the Cavs to self suicide into Minerva, great job!

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Another one where I managed it without a dancer! I really need to stop defaulting to a dancer all the time.

Dancers are cool as long as they GF. 

Yune already and she even gets the boss kill! Neat how the positioning worked on the ride side, Keaton could evade blue units and killed most of the rest (he is just the perfect Vantage/DC unit). 

Very good teamplay, everyone played his role. Funny how Nowi sneezed out the other blue dragon in the end (Seal RES OP!). 

(The sound was a bit out of sync btw, I usually watch muted)

I still didn't check your Yune clear (where you said you worked so hard to clear it), but there is so much so comment in that very topic, looks like I have to do it this evening (or tomorrow). 

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Dancers are cool as long as they GF. 

Yune already and she even gets the boss kill! Neat how the positioning worked on the ride side, Keaton could evade blue units and killed most of the rest (he is just the perfect Vantage/DC unit). 

Very good teamplay, everyone played his role. Funny how Nowi sneezed out the other blue dragon in the end (Seal RES OP!). 

(The sound was a bit out of sync btw, I usually watch muted)

I still didn't check your Yune clear (where you said you worked so hard to clear it), but there is so much so comment in that very topic, looks like I have to do it this evening (or tomorrow). 

I always forget to mention that when I post, the audio does start out a bit out of sync whenever I add music for some reason, but it usually only lasts about a minute. It should sync up after that. Need to figure out how to fix that~

There's a lot to catch up, you don't need to rush, watch when you have time 559906136443191336.png?v=1

On 30.3.2019 at 12:48 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

Revisited this for a 1-turn:

That's pretty cool taking out the two cavliers on enemy phase.

13 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Abyssal has finally been beaten!

I'll be honest, this was hard for me to watch because I am still broken up over not getting Yune (and not being able to try again until late autumn/winter because of the summer banners).  It feels like everyone who tried for her got her except me. Oh well, I'll stop whining about it now.

Male Morgan on Abyssal makes me happy. He is a pretty good kid who can pack quite a punch. Everyone played their roles incredibly well. I am still always astounded how well Nowi holds up after all this time. She's been freely available since the beginning and yet can still keep up with Abyssal stats like it's no problem. Well done!

As for my own clear:

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Azuris @ruruo @Sasori @daisy jane @kirauza343

Music: Melody of Water is the Guide in Spiritual Mist - from Tales of Zesteria (yes, I've been saving this up because I thought it would be perfect for L!Azura)

This one was more trouble than Lucina for sure, but nothing the birds couldn't work out eventually. Funnily enough, Azura's shiny blueness stopped Tibarn from one-rounding her, so that was annoying. I actually had to switch up tactics at one point to get the victory and it sadly meant missing out on a great moment. Just so you guys know, Leanne can take out the blue dragon (almost) entirely by herself. She deserves respect for that, even if it didn't make it into the final product. Reyson had to tank a lot of hits in this one, the poor guy. Intsys really needs to stop putting tough blues on maps like these. It was also a bit funny to me that Tibarn started out as the heavy lifter but Naesala mostly took over by the end.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Just one more clear and then I'll get started on posting the LHB clears from Feburary (Hrid, Roy and Robin) on here.    

5 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I'll be honest, this was hard for me to watch because I am still broken up over not getting Yune (and not being able to try again until late autumn/winter because of the summer banners).  It feels like everyone who tried for her got her except me. Oh well, I'll stop whining about it now.

Male Morgan on Abyssal makes me happy. He is a pretty good kid who can pack quite a punch. Everyone played their roles incredibly well. I am still always astounded how well Nowi holds up after all this time. She's been freely available since the beginning and yet can still keep up with Abyssal stats like it's no problem. Well done!

your clears have been great, welcome back too :) I'm glad your internship went well too. Team Bird is kicking much the butt!
I know what you mean - some units just make me feel :( . esp if i failed to get them. I'm sorry you didn't get Yune.. you can whine (or PM me and whine there! i'm always glad to listen!). 

19 minutes ago, Nanima said:

As for my own clear:

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Azuris @ruruo @Sasori @daisy jane @kirauza343

Music: Melody of Water is the Guide in Spiritual Mist - from Tales of Zesteria (yes, I've been saving this up because I thought it would be perfect for L!Azura)

This one was more trouble than Lucina for sure, but nothing the birds couldn't work out eventually. Funnily enough, Azura's shiny blueness stopped Tibarn from one-rounding her, so that was annoying. I actually had to switch up tactics at one point to get the victory and it sadly meant missing out on a great moment. Just so you guys know, Leanne can take out the blue dragon (almost) entirely by herself. She deserves respect for that, even if it didn't make it into the final product. Reyson had to tank a lot of hits in this one, the poor guy. Intsys really needs to stop putting tough blues on maps like these. It was also a bit funny to me that Tibarn started out as the heavy lifter but Naesala mostly took over by the end.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Just one more clear and then I'll get started on posting the LHB clears from Feburary (Hrid, Roy and Robin) on here.    

I'm so sorry you didn't get Yune ;~; (took me getting both Kagero and Lewyn until I did myself, she's being a tricky one. Had horrible luck with Green stones and was about to just walk away before she appeared). I felt a bit bad about using her here but I tried to keep her work to a minimum of just poking from the back in the clear. T_T Hope you can grab her when she comes back!

I'm also glad I got to use Morgan, I was honestly just testing him out since he worked for Infernal and his buffs may not have been much, but they were just enough to get the win. Same for Nowi, love that she still holds up today even if she's not as good as she was considered before.

This music is really fitting, love it! I'm quite envious to see that horrible Sword Flier and Cleric gone on Turn 1. They're generally pretty annoying so it was great getting rid of them upfront. Azura gets sooo close to that kill but Naesala just barely hangs on. A shame we didn't get that kill from Leanne in, would have been really nice to see her slay a dragon. But still loving the wombo combo that is Tibarn and Naesala on these.