I’m getting sick of Fates

Midnox

Yeah, that’s it, I’m getting sick of the blatant favoritism towards Fates. To quote Magus of Memery 

I smelled something burning.
*sees 5th Azura alt and a lot of disappointment.*
The usual, I see.
*grabs popcorn*

Did you know that 2018 is the year of Fates (especially alts)?
- January: New Year Corrin TT reward (alt)
- February: Fallen Takumi GHB (alt)
- March: Spring Kagero (alt)
- April: Wings of Fate Banner (alt)
- May: Kana(M) GHB, Legendary Ryoma (alt)
- June: (None)
- July: Summer Camilla, Summer Takumi (alts)
- August: Dancer Ryoma, Dancer Xander (alts)
- September: Nohrian Dusk banner, Garon GHB
- October: Halloween Kagero, Halloween Niles (alts)
- November: Adrift Banner, Young Azura TT reward (all alts except Mikoto)

December has to continue that trend and what a better way to do this with Legendary Azura, right?
New Year will have the 4th Corrin (F), 6th Azura and 6th Camilla to celebrate this year.

It's even more funny if you compare it Awakening who shared almost all seasonal banners with Fates last year. We didn't get that many units from that game (and most of the new Heroes are alts as well).

This is supposed to be Fire Emblem Heroes. Many of us were drawn to this game to celebrate the whole franchise, but it’s clear with this year that the only FE standing out here is Fates. Many complain about Awakening as well, but it doesn’t have nearly as much favoritisms as Fates clearly has. Hell, on top of the above and what we all know,  they even used a Fates music in an otherwise unrelated event (the developers challenges or something), and managed to sneak more Fates crap...

Spoiler

With the upcoming new year seasonal, by having all characters dressed in hoshidan kimonos :dry:. Is Hoshido the only one celebrating the new year around here or what :dry:?

Edited by Midnox

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'm just sick of redundant alts. Obliterate Adrift from existence and replace it with a bunch of new characters from a game that needs it and I'm happy.

I don't think legendary Azura is much worse than any other legendary alt, myself. She's seemed inevitable for a long time, anyway. At least, no worse in terms of character choices. Potentially breaking the game is an issue.

wow, when you put it like this it really shows, I recall a lot of fates this year, but I never realised that we had something fates related every month bar june (perhaps IS decided to give me a birth month present)

and then, legendary azura to top it off.

at least do legendary corrin so we can have the true main character of fates.

also, you could argue mikoto was an alt because we still don't have regular mikoto. it's like zelgius and hardin.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

I can understand always tossing in one or two in Seasonals, just to provide a safety measure character in terms of appeal. Wings of Fates was bearable, but Adrift however is worrisome evidence that IS might be Lost In Thoughts All Alone.

One can hope for better however.

But Rinkah....

Anyway, I know there are many upset. And I am also not very font of the idea that we get many alts from fates etc. And that games like the Jugdral games feel left out. Still, complaining does not help. Only thing you can do is boycott those banners if you don't like it, save your orbs for the few banner which may interest you and go on.

At this point we can say that the alts will not stop, any other would be surprising. And they announced 2 particular banner for next year not without a reason. It was like they knew there are some of us who are not amused about this. 

But don't forget. No matter how much fates pisses you of. There may be some players. (Like me) Who still feel left out with the fates masses. I hear a lot of complain about fates. But even fate fans don't get catered as it seems. It just depends on who your favorites about the game are. So if you like 2-3 from fates and they don't get released a fate banner does not make you any happier than others. Its more like Othin pointed out. Just to many alts and at bad timings. Eirika and Azura are the best example. 

In short, if they release a fate banner again, please no alts. Fate still has many units left out.

Edited by Stroud

1 minute ago, Stroud said:

Still, complaining does not help. Only thing you can do is boycott those banners if you don't like it, save your orbs for the few banner which may interest you and go on.

january RD and february Binding banners say hi, IS actively told us to complain about characters in the notification.

7 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

january RD and february Binding banners say hi, IS actively told us to complain about characters in the notification.

Oh, now thats a different story. I guess I need to complain why there is still no Rinkah.xD 

But I am also glad about RD banner, can't wait for Nailah. 

My problem is not with Fates, it's with it being the same Fates characters every time. If every other time we get a Fates unit, it's Camilla, Xander, Corrin, or Azura, then they can keep it. There's plenty of Fates units they could be giving us than the same 4 over and over~

I am tired of it too since some games are getting ignored and how it's often the same characters who get alts but that's not exclusive to Fates.

Maybe there will be less Fates banners and alts next year like how they did with Awakening this year compared to last year. If we're getting more Fates characters, I hope we're at least getting Fates characters who aren't in the game yet.

At least we're getting a FE10 and FE6 banner in January and March 2019~.

48 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Hide contents

With the upcoming new year seasonal, by having all characters dressed in hoshidan kimonos :dry:. Is Hoshido the only one celebrating the new year around here or what :dry:?

Spoiler

Other gacha games have a Japanese New Year theme for the New Year banner and since Hoshido is the only FE country inspired of Japan with Chon'sin it makes sort of sense. 

I guess IS could be more unique about it but I don't think they are going to ever change this like how Spring, Summer, Halloween and Winter banners will probably always keep the same Easter/Swimsuits/Halloween/Christmas theme.

Edited by Thunderstar

Personally it's not so much that I'm sick of fates. It's that I'm sick of the same 3 characters from fates. I mean seriously if they HAVE to do fates again why not use characters that aren't camilla, xander, or azura. I mean why can't we get more fates characters who aren't in the game yet like Nyx, Selkie, OG Charlotte, Benny, Keaton, etc. Or if you wanna do alts why not give them to characters who either only have one or none. Again if it HAS to be another fates alt throw some love to say Beruka or Oboro. Like geese IS there are more characters from these games!

11 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

Personally it's not so much that I'm sick of fates. It's that I'm sick of the same 3 characters from fates.

This, really. And for me, it isn't just Azura, Camilla, or the Corrins. It's also Xander. He has four versions. And why did Kagero get two seasonals in one year?

Fucking preach. Considering IS knew how much backlash these banners would get to the point of having to tell us in advance that we would eventually get a RD banner and a BB banner, I hope this means we won't get another Fates banner for a very, VERY, long time.

Legendary Azura in herself is not an issue, but the issue is that she came literally one month after Adrift Azura, a banner which in itself felt uncalled for at that point. I'd be less mad at Adrift if it at least demoted someone, but it didn't. Which makes Adrift yet another banner that didn't give us a fucking demote even though it even had four characters, and at that a banner that came with 4/5 alts for a game that is already heavily represented. When games like Binding Blade are waiting literally two years to have their first dedicated banner. How badly did the developers plan things so that Binding Blade takes two years to implement?

Here's the thing. I wouldn't even mind getting a lot of Fates if they were actively adding new characters who aren't in the game. Wheres's that normal Charlotte, for one? But that's not what they're doing. They're shelling out the same characters over and over again. How many Camillas and Azuras and Takumis did we get again? Even if Xander only got one alt this year, it's still weird that he's getting better treatment than his own little bro, who constantly outscores him in polls. To an extent, this is also a problem with Awakening in that they keep pushing the same characters over and over again, but Fates makes it a lot more obvious.

I've been enjoying all this "Fates crap." Lots of nice alts and new units. My only disappointment was the Wings of Fate banner since I personally don't care much about Shigure or Kana, male or female. I was super happy with the Hinoka alt though, I love her. At least a couple of the remaining kids I DO want got in, with Ophelia and Nina. I'm still waiting for regular Charlotte, Benny, Nyx and others, but I still like all these alts. The Adrift banner was great, even though I only got Camilla off it, but she was the most important one of course. I love her and baby Azura. Hopefully I get the others in the future.

I like most of the royals so I don't mind if they keep getting alts, but I'd be down with some fresh ones like Beruka, Peri, Oboro, etc. too. I'm praying for Halloween vampire Peri this year. I didn't expect to see one, let alone two Kagero alts this year either, but I like her so that was pretty cool.

I expect Fates to be toned down a bit for 2019, but not for the sake of more older games' characters. Three Houses will probably get more than Echoes did, since it's a bigger release. Watch us get summer Edelgard 2 months after we get a debut banner for her.

Edited by Alkaid

Thanks for reinforcing my toxicity towards the community.

I don't like Fate that much either but hey I guess we should make other feel like crap. It's not like I expect anything less from the community these days

As someone who likes a lot of characters from Fates, I am torn. Of course it's annoying that older games get ignored so much. I am hoping Tellius gets more than just this one banner this year and that all my faves from that game make it in and get exactly one shiny alt.

On the other hand, it also sucks to always see people complain and throw curses whenever something you like gets attention. It's hard not to feel guilty for being happy about a new Fates alt, even though we aren't the ones making the decisions to ignore others.

I still would like a few Fates characters (Orochi, Rinkah, Mitama and Crimson in particular), and I would be lying if I said that I didn't want a Kinshi!Sakura alt and a Dagger!Hinoka just to complete the sets. However, due to the sheer negativity in the fandom it's hard to admit that aloud without people getting mad. haha;; 

4 minutes ago, Nanima said:

As someone who likes a lot of characters from Fates, I am torn. Of course it's annoying that older games get ignored so much. I am hoping Tellius gets more than just this one banner this year and that all my faves from that game make it in and get exactly one shiny alt.

On the other hand, it also sucks to always see people complain and throw curses whenever something you like gets attention. It's hard not to feel guilty for being happy about a new Fates alt, even though we aren't the ones making the decisions to ignore others.

I still would like a few Fates characters (Orochi, Rinkah, Mitama and Crimson in particular), and I would be lying if I said that I didn't want a Kinshi!Sakura alt and a Dagger!Hinoka just to complete the sets. However, due to the sheer negativity in the fandom it's hard to admit that aloud without people getting mad. haha;; 

You just spelled out my exact thoughts.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Where's that normal Charlotte, for one?

I cannot agree more with this statement, err, question. The fact that no one brought this up is staggering, as well.

Some call it "toxicity towards the community." I call it "venting;" which, albeit a tad misplaced, helps (if only a bit). Or would we rather keep all these feelings bottled up? That's another discussion altogether, one that I have neither the time or patience to bring up, sadly.

15 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Thanks for reinforcing my toxicity towards the community.

I don't like Fate that much either but hey I guess we should make other feel like crap. It's not like I expect anything less from the community these days

You're just going to keep on generalizing the community to fit your narrative, aren't you?

Anyways, I do understand that some people like Fates representation and some don't. However, let Fates take the backseat like a majority of other titles in the franchise. Let IS give something else some spotlight

14 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Yep. I don't love Fates per se, but some of the cast has really grown on me over time (Orochi, Charlotte, Leo, etc) and I'm kinda sad that alot of Heroes players just get pissed at the game and vent on it. Sure, I can get the salt, but objectively speaking  what IS is doing kinda makes sense (Fates was the best selling FE game in the history of FE), even if some players do think it's unfair (it is).

Like, as far as I recall. FE6, FE9-10 and FE15 (Roy, Ike/Micaiah and Echoes) didn't sell particularly well, and I can tell why they're kinda not touching them as much (though Ike's game should get more publicity, cause Smash, even if it is pretty much unfinished in alot of aspects including it's support system).

But just like others (and as you stated) I'm also kinda annoyed that they're just tossing them at the wayside like they don't exist, because they sure as hell do, and even if the relative fanbases for those games are smaller due to the limited availability,  it's still  a fanbase that should get some love once in a while (yknow not 2 years or so without a fricking new heroes banner for 6).

But yeah, I honestly think that liking Fates at this point really just makes the individual feel like they're in bad, and it shouldn't be that way (for any game really). I just hope that with what we know of next year (the way things are going) that maybe they'll space out anything Fates and or Awakening out a bit more and toss in the games that aren't as popular.

32 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

You're just going to keep on generalizing the community to fit your narrative, aren't you?

Why not? The worst aspects of people decide to have their selective obliviousness & since I'm more of the toxic part of community now why shouldn't I have own selective obliviousness?

Serene Forest isn't going to be that part of the community, but I'm not going to be passive about it anymore.