I’m getting sick of Fates

Midnox

57 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Legendary Azura in herself is not an issue, but the issue is that she came literally one month after Adrift Azura, a banner which in itself felt uncalled for at that point. I'd be less mad at Adrift if it at least demoted someone, but it didn't. Which makes Adrift yet another banner that didn't give us a fucking demote even though it even had four characters, and at that a banner that came with 4/5 alts for a game that is already heavily represented. When games like Binding Blade are waiting literally two years to have their first dedicated banner. How badly did the developers plan things so that Binding Blade takes two years to implement?

Here's the thing. I wouldn't even mind getting a lot of Fates if they were actively adding new characters who aren't in the game. Wheres's that normal Charlotte, for one? But that's not what they're doing. They're shelling out the same characters over and over again. How many Camillas and Azuras and Takumis did we get again? Even if Xander only got one alt this year, it's still weird that he's getting better treatment than his own little bro, who constantly outscores him in polls. To an extent, this is also a problem with Awakening in that they keep pushing the same characters over and over again, but Fates makes it a lot more obvious.

I don't know. (re: Binding Blade). like i get that frustration though. 

also. right? WHERE IS CHARLOTTE (though charlotte like almost everything else Green will be 5* exclusive so... whatever LOL)

55 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I don't really care. Fates or no Fates, I'm not really waiting for anything in particular except what catches my eye that month.

the same. well more focus banners of some units that don't get to play often. but ifigure it is what it is. 

57 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I've been enjoying all this "Fates crap." Lots of nice alts and new units. My only disappointment was the Wings of Fate banner since I personally don't care much about Shigure or Kana, male or female. I was super happy with the Hinoka alt though, I love her. At least a couple of the remaining kids I DO want got in, with Ophelia and Nina. I'm still waiting for regular Charlotte, Benny, Nyx and others, but I still like all these alts. The Adrift banner was great, even though I only got Camilla off it, but she was the most important one of course. I love her and baby Azura. Hopefully I get the others in the future.

I like most of the royals so I don't mind if they keep getting alts, but I'd be down with some fresh ones like Beruka, Peri, Oboro, etc. too. I'm praying for Halloween vampire Peri this year. I didn't expect to see one, let alone two Kagero alts this year either, but I like her so that was pretty cool.

I expect Fates to be toned down a bit for 2019, but not for the sake of more older games' characters. Three Houses will probably get more than Echoes did, since it's a bigger release. Watch us get summer Edelgard 2 months after we get a debut banner for her.

the thing is I don't really see Miniazura as an alt. (I can see how others could) but i just thought it was Child Azura. an independent character. just like Tiki is TWO Characters. Young and Adult. maybe that can be a "stretch" for some. again. other than NY Azura all of Azura's alts make sense cannonically (for me) so i never saw the issues there. but again. I'm biased. I like Dancers, I like Azura, so its a win win for me. (I am with you i'd love to get M/F Adrift Corrin. in actuality - they seem better than Yato Corrin/Regular Corrin)

and haha yes. Vampire Peri!. 

55 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Thanks for reinforcing my toxicity towards the community.

I don't like Fate that much either but hey I guess we should make other feel like crap. It's not like I expect anything less from the community these days

who is making other people feel like crap though? 
I personally don't mind the extra fates banners (or alts) because i figure i don't have to summon for them, and thus my orbs are safe. 
I can respect the people who don't like them, because they feel like other units are being pushed aside. (for eg: I don't understand why Charlotte  is not in the game). 
having a difference of opinion (even if it's heated) - doesn't automatically = making others feel like crap. it's having a difference of an opinion. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

who is making other people feel like crap though? 
I personally don't mind the extra fates banners (or alts) because i figure i don't have to summon for them, and thus my orbs are safe. 
I can respect the people who don't like them, because they feel like other units are being pushed aside. (for eg: I don't understand why Charlotte  is not in the game). 
having a difference of opinion (even if it's heated) - doesn't automatically = making others feel like crap. it's having a difference of an opinion.

The title of this thread could be better

22 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Why not? The worst aspects of people decide to have their selective obliviousness & since I'm more of the toxic part of community now why shouldn't I have own selective obliviousness?

Serene Forest isn't going to be that part of the community, but I'm not going to be passive about it anymore.

The problem with your statements is that you're generalizing a very large community, and that's no bueno. Like, universally generalizing something is the trademark of bad logic. You need to be precise if you want your arguments to hold any form of substance at all, but simply doing what you're doing doesn't really lend itself to good arguments, nor does it make you look good in the process.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

The title of this thread could be better

Or the title of the thread is basically stating what the person doesn't like. they are sick of Fates. that's their opinion. nothing is wrong with it - it's not toxic and it is what a great chunk of people believe in. just like there are a lot of people who don't care, which was cited. again. just like when Hrid  was released there were a lot of people who were happy, a lot of people not happy, and there were discussions. 

I personally have never felt any toxicity spewed my way because i like certain aspects of the game that others don't nor have i shied from debates or anything from it from certain IntSys decisions (here, or reddit or YT comments) and I certainly didn't feel it here. 

5 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

The problem with your statements is that you're generalizing a very large community, and that's no bueno. Like, universally generalizing something is the trademark of bad logic. You need to be precise if you want your arguments to hold any form of substance at all, but simply doing what you're doing doesn't really lend itself to good arguments, nor does it make you look good in the process.

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Or the title of the thread is basically stating what the person doesn't like. they are sick of Fates. that's their opinion. nothing is wrong with it - it's not toxic and it is what a great chunk of people believe in. just like there are a lot of people who don't care, which was cited. again. just like when Hrid  was released there were a lot of people who were happy, a lot of people not happy, and there were discussions. 

I personally have never felt any toxicity spewed my way because i like certain aspects of the game that others don't nor have i shied from debates or anything from it from certain IntSys decisions (here, or reddit or YT comments) and I certainly didn't feel it here.

I acknowledge this, but it doesn't matter anymore. IS add fuel to the fire & now people are angry about it.

I shouldn't look good if I'm going to embrace the worst aspect of myself

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I acknowledge this, but it doesn't matter anymore. IS add fuel to the fire & now people are angry about it.

I shouldn't look good if I'm going to embrace the worst aspect of myself

Then what's the point of embracing your worst aspect? It does nobody any good, not even you.

My problem is not the favoritism towards Fates, but the favoritism towards the same dozen-or-so damn characters.

There's no need for, like, three or five alts for any one character, but now at this point there's at least ten from just two games that have that many alts.  Meanwhile, some other popular characters lack alts and still many more have yet to make their debut in the game.

That's just a load of nonsense, and that's coming from someone who actually likes the more modern FE games.

i stoped caring. They can implement what they want. If they want my money though they have to try harder then the 3.0 update, useless Mythic heroes with non stackable blessings and banners like Adrift.

Still havent used Eir in Aether Raids and I havent handed out one single light blessing yet, because i really find it too convoluted and not needed to split my barracks into half with those 8 blessings.

Getting sick of Fates sounds pretty fair. I like Fates well enough and I really like some of the characters but there's no real reason for Fates to have such utter dominance over the rest of the series. I can understand that IS wants to focus on the hot new title but we're at a point where Fates has more content than three other continents and 5 games combined which makes it clear that the Fates love has gotten way out of hand. Its not just IS capitalizing at the success of the new style either because even Awakening is shafted in favor of Fates despite Awakening sharing much of the appeal of Fates, while also having extra feats such as saving the franchise and being a source of nostalgia for the newer fans. So it seems part of the reason might just be that the developers add so much Fates stuff because they themselves are such fans of Fates which feels kind of pathetic. 

I like most of the royals so I don't mind if they keep getting alts, but I'd be down with some fresh ones like Beruka, Peri, Oboro, etc. too. I'm praying for Halloween vampire Peri this year. I didn't expect to see one, let alone two Kagero alts this year either, but I like her so that was pretty cool.

I like the royals too and given their prominence and popularity they were certainly worthy of one or even two alts. But now we have a situation where a lot of royals have three, four or even five versions of themselves and that's just far too much. Fates royals getting alts in just about every banner despite already having a large amount of alts just ensures that characters from other games won't get any alts and that's kind of unfair since there's nothing that warrants the Fates characters getting such a disproportional amount of alts nor is there anything that warrants main characters from other games not getting a single alt. Because Fates characters keep getting alts despite already having numerous alts its hard to deny the possibility that the Fates characters are keeping other characters from getting their due. 

2 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Then what's the point of embracing your worst aspect? It does nobody any good, not even you.

Why not? It's not like I ever contribute to anything.

Is everything is supposed to be fine if IS adds nothing but Tellius now? All these complaints are valid, but it's been nearly entire year & IS has barely respond to them

I can kinda see why Fates is the go to for alts. Aside from the favouritism argument the game also has a lot more 'important' characters then other games. It has two Corrins, a important plot device character in Azura and not one, not two, but a grand total of 8 other siblings. That are already 11 characters that are under bigger consideration then your average character. 

Then you have fanservice. If any character gets a playboy bunny alt its probably going to be a fates character. They already employ a lot of fanservice to putting them in other fanservice outfits would't be as jarring as some of the more serious character.

That being said even with all those reasons Fates still has a lot of Alts. Its easy to see why people get annoyed with yet another Azura alt when very popular characters have to wait almost an entire year for a new alt or still don't have alts at all.

Fates getting alts is a given and thats fine. Give Leo or Sakura another alt, bring in some of the less popular characters like Orochi. Just don't bring them out as often as they do now.

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Is everything is supposed to be fine if IS adds nothing but Tellius now?

you see this is something I can agree with. The problem isn't fates in it of itself. The problem more so lies with IS making very poor decisions in not spacing this shit out.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So it seems part of the reason might just be that the developers add so much Fates stuff because they themselves are such fans of Fates which feels kind of pathetic. 

Yeah I agree. Though this does beg the question, how well was fates received domestically? Like I know most Japanese fans did not like the face petting but I'm just curious.

Edited by Otts486

I remember back when the whinefest was about the neglect of Ryoma. Then they made him Legendary but still have Raijinto. Then after that, made him a dancer.

Seems like the louder the whine, the more IS crumples to their wishes.

1 hour ago, ArgentSable said:

I think he's just so sick of the community's whining that he's become Punished Zangetsu, letting himself be brought down to their level and embracing the dark side of the force.

His posts weren't always this way, but war.. war has changed him.

43 minutes ago, Hilda said:

i stoped caring. They can implement what they want. If they want my money though they have to try harder then the 3.0 update, useless Mythic heroes with non stackable blessings and banners like Adrift.

Excuse me, but I think you took my opinion and posted it. Now I don't have anything to say.

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

It's hard not to feel guilty for being happy about a new Fates alt, even though we aren't the ones making the decisions to ignore others.

It's easy. No matter who is added to the game, some people will complain. Just realise that you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself.

what exactly is wrong with complaining publicly

if anything, it's better that we do instead of just fuming quietly behind the scenes

on the subject of the topic, yeah idgaf about 3ds fe in general, every banner that has units from it makes me go "sigh this song and dance again", especially when it's the same units from fe14 over and over and over and over again

but

i just don't summon on those banners :j

55 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I can think of two reasons why, and I doubt it's a satisfactory answer.

It's not satisfactory, no, because there are definitely more females with sizable boobs that they could've used.

Edited by Anacybele

I’m more sick of alts at this point than Fates. Specifically, I’m sick of alts of the same 5 characters over and over again. Even more so, I’m completely appalled when the characters who get multiple alts are basically just more of the same old crap *looks at Hector/Camilla* because at that point, it’s not just bad, it’s downright pathetic how shamelessly uncreative IS/Nintendo is willing to be.

As far as just Fates goes though, like many have already said, I really wouldn’t mind the Fates pandering if they stopped with the alts, gave us characters that have yet to get in, and, probably most importantly, spaced the banners out instead of shoving them down our throats one after another, because when you have one game barely getting their first banner two years into its lifespan then you messed up something big time. I mean even people whose favorite Fire Emblem is Fates probably want a break to gather up their orbs before the next banner comes along.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And why did Kagero get two seasonals in one year?

I think we all know two big reasons.

I actually like Fates as a game, but even I'm getting tired of it taking up half the slots for more and more alts when it's been a year or over a year since we got a Tellius, Binding Blade, or Echoes Banner.

Well it is just very unfortunate for people who started Fire Emblem before Awakening.  It is called Fire Emblem Heroes, but yeah with over 50% of the cast coming from Awakening and Fates obviously it is a very poor representation of the series.  I feel really bad for people who came to heroes without any experience with the main series, they probably think the series has only been around a few years and has a couple dozen characters and that is why there are so many repeats.  

Not much we can do, except wait for a non 3ds banner every 3 or 4 months and hope its good.  

40 minutes ago, Jave said:

Have you considered stop playing the game?

Or am I being too silly here?

Not everyone is just complaining for the sake of complaining. There are people who still like the game in general and like the idea of it, they're just not thrilled with the direction it appears to be going in lately. A lot of us are hoping that they'll remember that the rest of us exist too, and we're not trying to say that people who like Fates or the specific characters that keep on getting released are bad. We just want IS to remember that we exist too. Just because you don't have any issues with it doesn't mean that there aren't some valid reasons for people to complain.

Honestly, your response just reeks of "I'm see no problem so shut up."

Edited by Sunwoo

So here is something interesting. If we compare this year seasonals with the first year:

2017 Spring = 2 Fates alts ( Camilla, Xander)

2018 Spring = 1 Fates alt (Kagero)

2017 Brides = 1 Fates alt (Charlotte)

2018 Brides = 0 Fates alts

2017 Summer part 1 = 0 Fates alts

2018 Summer Part 1 = 0 Fates alts

2017 Summer part 2 = 4 Fates alts (Corrin, Xander, Leo, Elise)

2018 Summer part 2 = 2 Fates alts (Camilla, Takumi)

2017 Dancer banner = 2 Fates alts (Shigure, Azura)

2018 Dancer banner = 2 Fates alts (Ryoma, Xander)

2017 Halloween = 2 Fates alts (Sakura, Jakob)

2018 Halloween = 2 Fates alts (Niles, Kagero)

2017 Christmas = 0 Fates alts

2018 Christmas = 0 Fates alts

2017 New Year = 4 Fates alts (Corrin, Takumi, Camilla, Azura)

2018 New Year = 0 Fates alts

We don't know what the new Valentine banner will be about, but I'm gonna assume it will have 0 Fates alts just like the first one.

Now with the help of math we can see that in 2017 we got 15 alts of characters from Fates, and in 2018 we got 7 alts instead. And even if we count Adrift, it's still only 12, which means that in 2018 they gave us less seasonals from Fates than in 2017.

Weird, hearing the community one would assume that the number of alts from Fates doubled or something.

If we talk regular banners, Fates got two of such banners, compared to last year's one. But we also have to remember that Fates had many units at the start of the game, so they didn't need new units in the first year, but they very much need new units now to please the fans of that game (where is Charlotte, IS?). An interesting thing to note, is that Fates never got in a Brave Heroes banner, or even Farfetched Heroes banner (RIP Selkie). While this wasn't decided by IS, but by our votes, the fact remains that Fates got 0 representation on these banners.

About Legendary Heroes. Fates got exactly 2 of those Heroes, the same amount as Awakening, Sacred Stones... and less than Heroes which got 4, including Eir. So there is no favoritism from IS there, at least yet. If Xander becomes a legendary hero in March or something, an argument can be made, but at the moment they are innocent.

Finally let's talk about non-seasonal alts. They don't exactly change how much represantation Fates gets, since even without them we still would have gotten fates units, just different ones.

Fates has 2 non-seasonal alts, Hinoka and Fallen!Takumi, which is a lot, but still less than Awakening with 3 of such alts, Chrom, Olivia and Masked Marth. Of course you can count the Adrift banner, but wait I already counted it as a seasonal before. You can't count it as both, it doesn't work that way. If it is a seasonal, than Fates doesn't have more non-seasonal alts than other games. If it isn't, than Fates got 1 more regular banner than what was expected (two regular banners for introducing new Fates units in the roster was expected and even necessary, let's not play dumb here) and has way more non-seasonal alts, but on the other hand it has only 7 seasonals compared to last year 15, which means that players complaining that Fates gets "all the seasonals" are even more wrong than they were before.

In conclusion, I can say that fates didn't really receive all the attention this year, compared to last year. It stayed the same, if not less. Which maybe is exactly the problem people have.

They didn't want Fates to get the same treatment as last year, because they weren't happy with Fates in 2017 either. It's just that after 2 years of Fates they are sick of it. They would be happy if Fates took a break for an entire year and 2019 was the year of Elibe and Tellius alts and new banners.

Which is something IS can not really do.

I know a lot of people who are Awakening and Fates fans that already have all their faves in (one in particular got his last fave with Maribelle. He is happy now) and are now LITERALLY WAITING for alts of said faves. IS would lose a lot of money if they stopped making alts of popular fates and awakening units, and that's a fact no matter if you prefer to ignore it.

The real big problem imho is that they need a better PR and to learn to space things out a bit better.

Edited by GrandeRampel