I’m getting sick of Fates

Midnox

27 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

A good merchant makes money, and that’s what Fates alts seem to do. IS announced FE6 banner because they knew Fates alts would cause a backlash, but if they didn’t sell IS wouldn’t have made them in the first place.

Maybe they believed they would make more money, but in actuality Adrift bombed hard compared to other banners that made way more money. 

Or that's what I heard repeated over and over in other topics.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

You’re overlooking the very real possibility of having a unit be 5*+10 as a requirement for promoting them to 6* in which case they wouldn’t be invalidating any of the resources whales may have dumped onto their units.

I’m not saying 6* is happening for sure or anything like that but if they really wanted to implement them they could very well do it.

We can calculate the exact stats a 6* +0 unit would have, and they're quite a bit worse than a 5* +10 unit.

I can believe they'll make some sort of new reward for being 5* +10, but it won't be 6*. Hell, they just announced a change that will increase the stats of merged units by about the same total amount as a rarity increase. That's at least as worthy of being called 6* as anything they might do in the future, but no one is calling it 6*.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Maybe they believed they would make more money, but in actuality Adrift bombed hard compared to other banners that made way more money. 

you know this brings up a decent question. Besides profit what goes into making a banner? I mean adrift, at least to me, was a pretty cool idea for what it was worth anyway and gave azura some decent development. Like how much creativity are the devs allowed with these sorts of things? Cause I don't know about you but to me there seems to be a clear difference when it comes "passion" banners like fallen heroes or adrift and "status quo" banners like Summer, and some new hero banners.

Edited by Otts486

The game definitely needs to mix up its banners more. The amount of Fates content we get wouldnt be so bad and salt inducing for the fanbase if it wasnt for the fact that we have very little inbetween. If it was spaced between other banners of new games and characters more often, I dont think it would be an issue. Because regardless, Fates is one of the top sellers and the most recent game, it getting the "bias" only makes sense. Three Houses will get the same exact treatment in 2019 and through 2020 more than likely, since itll be the first main game since Fates, SoV was a remake afterall.

So Fates will probably be taking a backseat to it by 2020 I would say, but yeah. The game needs to mix it up some. The seasonal banners have been mostly ok at least, they did a much better job at least mixing them up and having both new and old represented, I think thats a good way of appealing to both sides. But the Fates banners definitely should have been spaced out more.

5 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I do not think that is the full story. There were no Special Heroes Foci at the time as well, so I do not believe the Adrift Focus was the sole reason for revenue to dip. In my opinion, I think the lack of Special Heroes Foci is the main reason for the dip, but I am not really certain of that since Intelligent Systems and/or Nintendo does not release data on Orb spending.

Considering IS knew how much backlash these last few banners would get to the point of having to let us know in advance that we would eventually get a RD banner and a BB banner, I hope this means that we won't get another Fates banner for a very, VERY long time once next year starts. I hope this year they'll give focus to other games that badly need some spotlight like Tellius, Binding Blade, Echoes, and Thracia.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I do not think that is the full story. There were no Special Heroes Foci at the time as well, so I do not believe the Adrift Focus was the sole reason for revenue to dip. In my opinion, I think the lack of Special Heroes Foci is the main reason for the dip, but I am not really certain of that since Intelligent Systems and/or Nintendo does not release data on Orb spending.

Well, I think it has to do with the month itself. Sure, Fates is still popular, but look at the banners beside Adrift.

Surtr and Ylgr. 2 man banner where it's super easy to get Surtr (40 orbs in total if you get lucky regarding the orbs you get and such), so people pulled less. Hrid, who the majority holds no love for. He's not a bad unit, but the fanbase wasn't treated to his personality. To most he's just either cardboard or some hunk "with a nerdy voice" you can pull for. And I do believe we had a banner with Helbindi, Laegjarn, and Laevetain.

Overall, aside from Adrift, there was nothing for players to latch unto that they may have liked. That was the biggest problem. I'm pretty sure sales will return to normal (or remain relatively normal) this month since

A)The banners weren't all Fates or Awakening, even if they do sell well. So the people who were salty about Fates/Awakening may be more inclined to buy since they saw some change. I know a few people who have done so.

B)We got a bunch of good units not to mention this LHB which is stacked with units that are super good (Azura is powerful in the right hands).

C)We have reruns of last years Winter banner, and this years Winter Banner is also stacked with great units and skills.

Comparing it to last month, you can kinda see why people really didn't pull last month. And I'm pretty sure it's not just Adrift.

56 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Hrid, who the majority holds no love for. He's not a bad unit, but the fanbase wasn't treated to his personality. To most he's just either cardboard or some hunk "with a nerdy voice" you can pull for. And I do believe we had a banner with Helbindi, Laegjarn, and Laevetain.

Hríd's Focus is pretty good though and it is not really that different from other Legendary Heroes Foci. There is SS!Ryoma, GA!Lucina, AOTB!Hector, and SA!Innes. Other units are not bad either.

In my opinion, I do not think New Heroes Foci generates as much revenue as Special Heroes Foci, as new Heroes can be obtained as pity breakers and they are not time limited like Special Heroes. Except for Generals of Múspell Focus where I sniped for Laevatein and Laegjarn, I generally ignore New Heroes Focus unless it features units that can Dance/Sing.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Hríd's Focus is pretty good though and it is not really that different from other Legendary Heroes Foci. There is SS!Ryoma, GA!Lucina, AOTB!Hector, and SA!Innes. Other units are not bad either.

In my opinion, I do not think New Heroes Foci generates as much revenue as Special Heroes Foci, as new Heroes can be obtained as pity breakers and they are not time limited like Special Heroes. Except for Generals of Múspell Focus where I sniped for Laevatein and Laegjarn, I generally ignore New Heroes Focus unless it features units that can Dance/Sing.

I actually dip into both new and seasonal. Seasonals however, I normally touch those if and only if they have characters I like. The only exception was Bridal Ninian (I like her but not that much) in an attempt to get my P!Olivia chill atk (though that became redundant with Gharnef)

But truth be told you're not wrong. Seasonals are more than likely a bigger selling point.

On 12/28/2018 at 5:32 PM, Zangetsu said:

The title of this thread could be better

I think it shows what this thread is about, stating my personal annoyance that one single game in a game supposed to celebrate a whole franchise has gotten a widely disproportionate attention, and correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe many share my sentiment

On 12/28/2018 at 6:08 PM, Zangetsu said:

Why not? It's not like I ever contribute to anything.

Is everything is supposed to be fine if IS adds nothing but Tellius now? All these complaints are valid, but it's been nearly entire year & IS has barely respond to them

Despite Radiant Dawn being my second favorite FE as of today, you bet I’d be as annoyed if Tellius gets the same attention as Fates got last year in a game supposed to celebrate the franchise as a whole. I I’ve wanted to see only Tellius characters and stuff, I’D BE PLAYING A TELLIUS GAME

On 12/28/2018 at 7:31 PM, Sentinel07 said:

I can think of two reasons why, and I doubt it's a satisfactory answer.

Which makes me wonder, why the stoic female ninja always get the biggest..... “assets”? That big would only get in the way in them doing ninja stuff XD 

On 12/28/2018 at 9:15 PM, Jave said:

Have you considered stop playing the game?

Or am I being too silly here?

No, because I still have faith the game can still change for the better. Book III and the already announced Tellius and Binding Blade upcoming banners are a good way to start the year

On 12/28/2018 at 9:21 PM, Rezzy said:

I think we all know two big reasons.

I actually like Fates as a game, but even I'm getting tired of it taking up half the slots for more and more alts when it's been a year or over a year since we got a Tellius, Binding Blade, or Echoes Banner.

Specially Echoes. That argument of being the 3DS games and most recent don’t hold water because Echoes has been practically forgotten in FEH despite being the last main game released. 

On 12/28/2018 at 9:29 PM, Lewyn said:

Well it is just very unfortunate for people who started Fire Emblem before Awakening.  It is called Fire Emblem Heroes, but yeah with over 50% of the cast coming from Awakening and Fates obviously it is a very poor representation of the series.  I feel really bad for people who came to heroes without any experience with the main series, they probably think the series has only been around a few years and has a couple dozen characters and that is why there are so many repeats.  

Not much we can do, except wait for a non 3ds banner every 3 or 4 months and hope its good.  

That’s not the worst part, but it was Fates last year because even Awakening didn’t get nearly as much attention either.

On 12/28/2018 at 9:54 PM, Sunwoo said:

Not everyone is just complaining for the sake of complaining. There are people who still like the game in general and like the idea of it, they're just not thrilled with the direction it appears to be going in lately. A lot of us are hoping that they'll remember that the rest of us exist too, and we're not trying to say that people who like Fates or the specific characters that keep on getting released are bad. We just want IS to remember that we exist too. Just because you don't have any issues with it doesn't mean that there aren't some valid reasons for people to complain.

Honestly, your response just reeks of "I'm see no problem so shut up."

Well, in my case, I’ve only played RD, BB, SS, SD, A, and Echoes, but I didn’t come to this game with the expectation for it to pander to those games or my favorites, because I could simply play those instead. FEH is supposed to celebrate the franchise, came for it, and that what I expect it to be. Not equally because none of them have the same number of characters, but they could at least not display a blatant favoritism to one single game in particular 

I don't like repeated units in general. There are way too many Lyns in the game imo. But the constant Fates banners (as well as Awakening) do get old. But I'm not surprised Azura being the Legendary Hero, I figured she'd be one at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

Can’t really argue with that. I’m also getting fed up with the amount of attention Fates has been getting these days as opposed to other games, like the Tellius games for example, that deserves more attention.

I’m also fed up with this whole seasonal banners bullshit, which is one of the reasons why I don’t play Heroes anymore.

The biggest reason that FatesAwakening gets a lot of attention from IS is because of sales - huge sale numbers from rather recent years (though at this point, FE Awakening is about to become 7 years old). As for the complaints, it's very possible that...
1. Detractors are a very vocal minority.
2. Perhaps artists enjoy drawing FatesAwakening characters and are willing to be contracted to draw them.
3. Despite controversy, whales are willing to spend loads for FatesAwakening characters.

As for Echoes, it did not sell as well compared to FatesAwakening despite being a recent game; it didn't really exceed sales expectations like FatesAwakening did. Heck, IS practically didn't really care much for the game given the short notice (first trailer was shown about 3 months before its JP release) and the overall lack of marketing. Plus, it's a very different experience which could turn off players who enjoyed FatesAwakening (no pair-up, no dating sim, no children characters, set romances). And I honestly can see FatesAwakening continue to see attention even after Three Houses gets released (if it does get released, that is) - Three Houses is looking to be in a somewhat similar situation like TMS#FE.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The biggest reason that FatesAwakening gets a lot of attention from IS is because of sales - huge sale numbers from rather recent years (though at this point, FE Awakening is about to become 7 years old). As for the complaints, it's very possible that...
1. Detractors are a very vocal minority.
2. Perhaps artists enjoy drawing FatesAwakening characters and are willing to be contracted to draw them.
3. Despite controversy, whales are willing to spend loads for FatesAwakening characters.

As for Echoes, it did not sell as well compared to FatesAwakening despite being a recent game; it didn't really exceed sales expectations like FatesAwakening did. Heck, IS practically didn't really care much for the game given the short notice (first trailer was shown about 3 months before its JP release) and the overall lack of marketing. Plus, it's a very different experience which could turn off players who enjoyed FatesAwakening (no pair-up, no dating sim, no children characters, set romances). And I honestly can see FatesAwakening continue to see attention even after Three Houses gets released (if it does get released, that is) - Three Houses is looking to be in a somewhat similar situation like TMS#FE.

You do realize that doesn't mean Echoes bombed right? Yeah it didn't sell as much as Awakening and Fates, but it still exceeded IS's expectations

50 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

There's a difference between not being the same success story that FatesAwakening are and outright failing. And its not like IS seems to hate Gaiden. They are pretty willing to give Celica all kinds of favors, and almost everyone of note from Valentia got included in the Heroes roster.  Its just Alm who gets snubbed despite being the most recent Lords and one of the more popular characters according to Choose Your Legends.