Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

You know I was debating making a fake scumread to get the game out of random voting stage but I'm just gonna afk for 2 pages so we can get some serious content. Until then ta ta 

I'm side-eyeing this post.

Who wants to try to guess why?

1 hour ago, Ampharos said:

I'm side-eyeing this post.

Who wants to try to guess why?

I understand why you're doing it, but I recall a same situation where I made a  (wrong) hipfire read on Claire based on her behavior so have ultimately decided to judge more on the content of other players instead of emotional outbursts

1 minute ago, weinerboy said:

I understand why you're doing it, but I recall a same situation where I made a  (wrong) hipfire read on Claire based on her behavior so have ultimately decided to judge more on the content of other players instead of emotional outbursts

Being lazy/demotivated is an emotional outburst these days?

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

##Vote: @Ampharos

Don't worry, I got you!

Also disclaimer: I might not be able to post much today, but I'll be around in full tommorow.

why must you hurt me in this way

Just now, weinerboy said:

You may have the wrong impression of my read, so let me enunciate more clearly.

If Claire was legitimately looking to jumpstart the game out of RVS, to the point that she considered faking a scumread on someone, would she really be content to go afk and wait for other people to do the work for her?

There's a sense of impatience I'd be expecting to feel behind her posting if that was the case, and I'm not picking up any.

3 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

Wow what a stupid post lemme try that again. Basically it's null cause claire is good at playing up her emotions so I like to read her based on how she reads other ppl

I'm... REALLY not picking up any played-up emotions from Claire. Not quite sure what you're seeing, but I'm not.

(her convo with sully doesn't count)

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Being lazy/demotivated is an emotional outburst these days?

Brain not work sometimes see other post for better clarification

1 minute ago, Ampharos said:

I'm... REALLY not picking up any played-up emotions from Claire. Not quite sure what you're seeing, but I'm not.

(her convo with sully doesn't count)

I dunno, she took a firm stance in my eyes, one that requires an emotional response even if not overtly stated. she seemed annoyed w/ how nobody was being serious and then made sure to tell everyone that she couldve done about it but didn't because ta ta

Like, I honestly feel we have the same idea but just a different way of looking at it

3 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

Brain not work sometimes see other post for better clarification

I dunno, she took a firm stance in my eyes, one that requires an emotional response even if not overtly stated. she seemed annoyed w/ how nobody was being serious and then made sure to tell everyone that she couldve done about it but didn't because ta ta

Like, I honestly feel we have the same idea but just a different way of looking at it

Maybe.

I dunno, I just... if I'm bothered by a lack of content, I get really antsy about it. Faking a scumread was something I considered, too. For Claire to mention that and then decide to ghost the thread in the same breath weirded me out. It seems counterproductive if the point is to force the thread to generate content.

9 minutes ago, Ampharos said:

why must you hurt me in this way

Because I can.

9 minutes ago, Ampharos said:

If Claire was legitimately looking to jumpstart the game out of RVS, to the point that she considered faking a scumread on someone, would she really be content to go afk and wait for other people to do the work for her?

There's a sense of impatience I'd be expecting to feel behind her posting if that was the case, and I'm not picking up any.

4 hours ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Thanks for the invite my friend you get a day 1 pass. Why? Because I can. 
Thank god none of the posts had any decent content in them because why would I want to make legit reads am I right. 

I feel like this post has impatience behind it? The second line is pretty sarcastic and stuff, lol.

I kind of get your point, but what I don't get is: why are you not voting her?

Because I can.

I feel like this post has impatience behind it? The second line is pretty sarcastic and stuff, lol.

I kind of get your point, but what I don't get is: why are you not voting her?

It's easy enough to make sarcastic jokes, but her posts following that don't really follow up on that impatience.

The answer to your question is: because I'm bad and don't move my vote around nearly as much as I should, as either alignment. I might vote her at some point, still rolling this whole thing around in my head a bit.

1 minute ago, weinerboy said:

@Refa

let's stop this quarrel for a sec can u tell me more about how amy plays

The answer Refa's going to give you is going to be not quite accurate, because I've made a conscious effort to change my playstyle a bit since the last time I played with Refa.

If you're really curious, my last towngame is here: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/19862-Mountainous-Arson

5 minutes ago, Ampharos said:

It's easy enough to make sarcastic jokes, but her posts following that don't really follow up on that impatience.

The answer to your question is: because I'm bad and don't move my vote around nearly as much as I should, as either alignment. I might vote her at some point, still rolling this whole thing around in my head a bit.

Fair enough.

I'd advice you to make sure your vote is either on who you suspect most or the person you're currently focussing on. That said:

##Unvote

##Vote: @Mitsuru Kirijo

Btw, thoughts on Weiner so far?

Fair enough.

I'd advice you to make sure your vote is either on who you suspect most or the person you're currently focussing on. That said:

##Unvote

Oh trust me, I know that's how one's supposed to play, I just... don't, for whatever reason.

Nothing weiner's done has particularly pinged me so far, but I also know (or at least suspect; I've never witnessed his NOC play, mostly extrapolating from outside sources) that he's a good player and so wouldn't give him a townpass yet either. Gun to my head, maybe the mildest of townreads. His comments about Claire don't feel agenda-driven in any way that I can detect.

1 minute ago, Ampharos said:

Define "eh".

48 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Fair enough.

##Unvote

"Okay yiu're right let's drop this argument"

General/obvious advice, mildly condescending

I read this as a back to rvs vote but looking back this may have been him agreeing w/ you which would be less bad

Not awful, but easy group question

There's nothing damning here but the entire thing is just sort of "eh" (dont have a better word) which maes it the scummiest thing I've seen up till now

33 minutes ago, Ampharos said:

Oh trust me, I know that's how one's supposed to play, I just... don't, for whatever reason.

Nothing weiner's done has particularly pinged me so far, but I also know (or at least suspect; I've never witnessed his NOC play, mostly extrapolating from outside sources) that he's a good player and so wouldn't give him a townpass yet either. Gun to my head, maybe the mildest of townreads. His comments about Claire don't feel agenda-driven in any way that I can detect.

K, fair enough. I liked Weiner's play so far, and I think the only agenda he could have for not joining the Claire band wagon is that they're both scum, which is a scenario we might as well consider after lynching Claire.

So let's make Yolo-sempai proud and clap us some Claire I guess?

2 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Morning!

"Why aren't you voting your scumread" is a pretty easy accusation. Also that entire last post is eh

##Vote: @Bartozio

Hey Bart, do you love these phase times as much as I do?

If by love you mean "I had a great rvs post all thought out, but then the game already got half serious before I arrived and now I don't wanna post it anymore. Oh god, am I getting lynched for going to bed before deadline again", then yes.

Also like... lol, it's rvs, what were you expecting other than easy accusations? It reminded me a bit of Honneybottoms (played by Walrein, which may or may not have been Amphy, I suck at name changes) in CupHeads mafia going an entire phase without moving off an rvs vote, even though they interjected relevant game thoughts (they were scum, and yes it's early D1, but it started similar). Currently, it being probably more personality than allignment driven and their opinions not being bad is giving me a slight townlean there though.

What are your thoughts on Amphy, Weiner and Claire?

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

K, fair enough. I liked Weiner's play so far, and I think the only agenda he could have for not joining the Claire band wagon is that they're both scum, which is a scenario we might as well consider after lynching Claire.

So let's make Yolo-sempai proud and clap us some Claire I guess?

If by love you mean "I had a great rvs post all thought out, but then the game already got half serious before I arrived and now I don't wanna post it anymore. Oh god, am I getting lynched for going to bed before deadline again", then yes.

Also like... lol, it's rvs, what were you expecting other than easy accusations? It reminded me a bit of Honneybottoms (played by Walrein, which may or may not have been Amphy, I suck at name changes) in CupHeads mafia going an entire phase without moving off an rvs vote, even though they interjected relevant game thoughts (they were scum, and yes it's early D1, but it started similar). Currently, it being probably more personality than allignment driven and their opinions not being bad is giving me a slight townlean there though.

What are your thoughts on Amphy, Weiner and Claire?

mood

That compatison is bad imo, since the worst part about that game you're referring to is relevant to the time spent on the vote but if I squint my eyes I can sort of see town!you thinking it makes sense?

Here, have a triple null:

Amy: main emotion I'm getting is reasonable which is miiildly scummy if anything and main content is content production, which is good

Claire: null, no alig indic content imo

Weiner: I'd sheep amy's explanation for very mild town

without reading the thread at all whatsoever I'm coming out and betting marth is scum this game. my fortune cookie said so.