Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

56 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

This is a pretty strange point A to point B mindset that I really really dislike from Bart. He goes on before talking on he’s not so sold on me being scum but I kid you not one post later he goes from ‘ehhh maybe’ to what I just quoted for you. That doesn’t seem real to me. That feels like someone who tried to fake understanding of a read and pretended to buy it right after that as an excuse to vote. His egging on of getting Ampharos to vote doesn’t help either. Just the overall confidence of this post is strange and off.

##Vote: @Bartozio

This actually made me want to

##Unvote

because I went back to check this opinionswap and it's not really true in that there's a post in between those (which you may have actually missed), which is where the actual vote happens. I agree his opinions-swap is still sudden, but I actually like that here bc I feel scum is more careful about that shit whereas town is likelier to flip reads to add pressure somewhere. Also something something quick wagon growth on Bart.

@RADicate Can you talk to me about Bart?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, RADicate said:

sure (the 23 extra seconds this took to submit was a pain so i typed this)

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=76680 Town game
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=77310  Scum game 
These are a bit out dated but they're both tryhard games of mine 

6 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Because I can.

I feel like this post has impatience behind it? The second line is pretty sarcastic and stuff, lol.

I kind of get your point, but what I don't get is: why are you not voting her?

6 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Fair enough.

I'd advice you to make sure your vote is either on who you suspect most or the person you're currently focussing on. That said:

##Unvote

##Vote: @Mitsuru Kirijo

Btw, thoughts on Weiner so far?

quoting the post this was replying to:

6 hours ago, Ampharos said:

It's easy enough to make sarcastic jokes, but her posts following that don't really follow up on that impatience.

The answer to your question is: because I'm bad and don't move my vote around nearly as much as I should, as either alignment. I might vote her at some point, still rolling this whole thing around in my head a bit.

I assume this is the exchange you wanted me to look back at. And ngl i kinda glossed over this upon initial readthrough. That being said even upon reread I read this more as a "sure thats a fair pov" (wrt the fair enough from bartz), even implying some level of mildmeld here that wasnt really hinted at it still feels like a leap to go from there to implying Claire as the de facto d1 lynch? Maybe im overblowing the implication of the quote below but eh. 

5 hours ago, Bartozio said:

K, fair enough. I liked Weiner's play so far, and I think the only agenda he could have for not joining the Claire band wagon is that they're both scum, which is a scenario we might as well consider after lynching Claire.

@Athena_57 sorry for terribad formatting, too lazy to fix, if anything about that makes it unclear lmk

6 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=76680 Town game
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=77310  Scum game 
These are a bit out dated but they're both tryhard games of mine 

thanks i'll check them out when im not braindead from lack of sleep

What the fuck is happening?

I actually like Amph's overall posts, they don't make me instantly remember cuphead mafia.  It's a good feeling.

Not really feeling a vote on claire mainly just cause I don't really see a reason to.  I also don't see a reason to town read her yet though so.

Marth's post sounds weird to me. @Magnificence IncarnateCould you by any chance expand on your read on Wiener?  I felt the entire exchange between wiener/amph was nice and added discussion/comments of interest so I'd just like to understand your read here a bit more.  Also if possible, how do you feel about Amph at the moment?

I don't like Rad's jump. His first post just seems off to me.  @RADicateYou said Claire felt defensive; is this bad in your eyes?

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

What the fuck is happening?

I actually like Amph's overall posts, they don't make me instantly remember cuphead mafia.  It's a good feeling.

Not really feeling a vote on claire mainly just cause I don't really see a reason to.  I also don't see a reason to town read her yet though so.

Marth's post sounds weird to me. @Magnificence IncarnateCould you by any chance expand on your read on Wiener?  I felt the entire exchange between wiener/amph was nice and added discussion/comments of interest so I'd just like to understand your read here a bit more.  Also if possible, how do you feel about Amph at the moment?

I don't like Rad's jump. His first post just seems off to me.  @RADicateYou said Claire felt defensive; is this bad in your eyes?

Chalking it up to a tonal thing for now at least, i'll get back to you on it after i look at those two games she sent me 

@Shinori  not sure what I need to expand upon. Wrt weiner it didn't feel like the convo went anywhere and he could've just not said anything and it would've had the same effect. There isn't much here but I feel like this is a better vote than anything else right now.  And with amph well I think her case is reasonable I'm just not sold on it coming from town necessarily. 

14 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

@Shinori  not sure what I need to expand upon. Wrt weiner it didn't feel like the convo went anywhere and he could've just not said anything and it would've had the same effect. There isn't much here but I feel like this is a better vote than anything else right now.  And with amph well I think her case is reasonable I'm just not sold on it coming from town necessarily. 

I guess the bolded makes sense, but it was also RVS and it's a discussion of some sort.  Would you rather just nothing be said and the game devolve into a stagnant state?

Catching up and wanted to stop for a moment and say that Bart I don't understand why you're stacking the deck so early, and hopefully I don't make an ass out of myself again but like your exchange with Amy felt like you were planning in accordance and less uh free-flowing? It just seemed like you had a planned answer for everything thrown at you, then coupled with the fact your vote on Mitsuru read less like a decision town made based on knowledge gained and more trying to lead by example which cock-sure scum tend to do.

6 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

athena and bart are not both scum but this could be scum/town, However bart explaining myself has me feeling All Right, Perhaps, for now

amphy is playing that really-eager-to-be-protown style and it's kind of rubbing me the wrong way (scummy) however that's all I got on that, the weiner post at first I thought was scummy and the "maybe a slight town lean" felt tacked-on but that's ED1 paranoia

I'd say Bart/Amy were far more telling wrt alignment, and athena was more like a third-party observation (e.g Did not get any tells). My thought is compounded by my previous part and I see your amy read as polar opposite cuz I felt like her eagerness was not forced

3 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Gonna town read the Dutch bros(bart and athena) for having opening posts that seem very gamesolvey. Their tone feels like they have a strong conviction behind their posts. 

I thought amph's case on Claire was reasonable but Bart brings up a good point that she did the same thing in the last anon game that she played here as mafia and then suck with the rvs vote so I guess the Claire vote is not telling. 

Kinda want a response from Claire before I put my thoughts down on her but I didn't like soup presenting a counterargument to amph without really taking reads in a different direction.  This isn't much to go on but ##unvote ##vote: @weinerboy

don't know how you can say someone has anything close to a case and then fallback on your own argument and say 'there isn't much to go on'

I dedicate this thunderdome 2 u marshy

##Vote: @Magnificence Incarnate

Day 1: Automated Votals from #35 to #117

Magnificence Incarnate (3): Shinori, SullyMcGully, weinerboy
Bartozio (2): Mitsuru Kirijo, RADicate
weinerboy (2): Refa, Magnificence Incarnate
Mitsuru Kirijo (1): Bartozio
Shinori (1): Ampharos
Not voting (4): Athena_57, Ichigo, Vi-astra, XnadrojX

Phase ends in 54h39m. Hammer at 8.

Vote history:

Athena_57 (2): Bartozio -> Unvote

Bartozio (2): Ampharos -> Mitsuru Kirijo

Magnificence Incarnate (1): weinerboy

Mitsuru Kirijo (2): SullyMcGully -> Bartozio

RADicate (1): Bartozio

Shinori (1): Magnificence Incarnate

SullyMcGully (1): Magnificence Incarnate

weinerboy (1): Magnificence Incarnate

<Beta v2.0.4>

12 hours ago, Ampharos said:

I'm side-eyeing this post.

Who wants to try to guess why?

10 hours ago, Ampharos said:

why must you hurt me in this way

You may have the wrong impression of my read, so let me enunciate more clearly.

If Claire was legitimately looking to jumpstart the game out of RVS, to the point that she considered faking a scumread on someone, would she really be content to go afk and wait for other people to do the work for her?

There's a sense of impatience I'd be expecting to feel behind her posting if that was the case, and I'm not picking up any.

This is all the reasoning you need for an ED1 vote, but I don't get why you haven't voted based on this. Feels like you're trying to gauge the general consensus before voting her. I don't think that always comes from scum but it's pretty self conscious. FTR, I didn't get any read off of Claire's RVS posts.

10 hours ago, Bartozio said:

##Vote: @Ampharos

Don't worry, I got you!

Not responding to Amy's read initially bothers me. Just a minor thing, wouldn't vote on it alone. What bothers me more is that your progression on Claire doesn't read as natural to me. You pressed Amy on her read and then switched your vote to Claire because you didn't really have anything else to press Amy on. I don't know how to explain it, I feel like...town in this situation would be more willing to agree to disagree, even if they weren't bothered by Amy. I don't get why you're scumreading Claire. Also his Weiner read doesn't have much thought IMO. Saying "we should look at him if Claire flips scum" just because he defended Claire feels very surface level to me, especially considering he's voting Claire. I might be nitpicking here because I think if he said "I wouldn't townread him if Claire flipped scum" it wouldn't bother me because I don't see an agenda there.

8 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

Idk if I could play mafia without my free locktown via

He's the Jeigan, here to carry us early game before dying N1.

@Athena_57 Can you reevaluate your Bartozio read? It's fine if you don't think he's scummy any more, but my impression from your unvote was that it was a kneejerk reaction to him being wagoned.

@Magnificence Incarnate Can you explain why Bartozio's posts are gamesolvey? I got that impression from Athena but not from Bart.

@Shinori If you could uh further explain your feelings on Amy, that'd be cool.

@Vi-astra Can you explain why Bart explaining himself made you feel better? I think your point about Amy being self conscious meta wise is good. It reads to me as her not wanting to be scumread for a dumb reason (e.g. my actually nonexistent meta knowledge of Amy lmao). I'm kind of conflicted on who to vote because I think what Bartozio is doing is worse than what Amy is doing but like uh...I could see myself mislynching Bartozio more easily than Amy. PEdit: Well now I'm voting Amy just because Bart already has a wagon.

@weinerboy For the record, Amy is right in that I have no idea what her meta is.

##Unvote

##Vote: Ampharos

Marth's initial post pinged me (just because it reminded me of his X-Site post) but I've settled into a null read on him after his explanations which seemed fine to me.

1 hour ago, Refa said:

@Athena_57 Can you reevaluate your Bartozio read? It's fine if you don't think he's scummy any more, but my impression from your unvote was that it was a kneejerk reaction to him being wagoned.

I think the word kneejerk is very much accurate, it was also bc my two co-wagoners were people I had a "bad-ish vibes but maybe just null"-read on and I was like maybe it's a bad idea to vote Bart over tone/style when that's what often catches him flak. I'm going to read back some games w/ him to see whether I can find the condescendingness in his towngames or not and will get back to you