Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Ampharos said:

I don't know that I've ever seen via's scumgame before but I'd be floored if it looked like this.

i would floor myself if i could make my scumgame look like this tbh

I'm gonna play overwatch then get back to reading the thread and post some Real Content get your britches ready

The more I read weiner's posts, the more I feel good about his alignment. Just think his general train of thought is something that's difficult for scum to fake.

Hard null on Athena pending him posting more.

Feel like RAD's been a bit lacking, think he felt a bit aimless when he first showed up in thread, not sure I'd pursue that without a larger body of evidence.

I don't know how to read Jordan in a vacuum and might just pass on trying to do so until we have flips to work with.

Refa's post shows some real thought process behind their words and I can tell they're actually digging in and looking at things. Slightly wary because I've never seen their scumgame before and I feel like it's probably pretty decent, but feeling good for now.

My eyes glaze over every time I try to read that Sully post I'll have some thoughts on it eventually.

Shinori and Marth make me feel nothing.

Claire's defense of her early post seemed fine enough and she hasn't really done anything else that strikes me as alignment-indicative in any way. My early read was super light anyways so I think I'm fairly satisfied there for now? She's also on the "reread this" list.

Bart... I need to reread his posts in deeper detail, but if there's anything that pings me about him, it's that he feels almost too focused. I hesitate to call it an "agenda" because I almost think it's too early to truly have one, but his actions feel kinda... scripted. I would expect a villager this early in the game to be kind of poking around and looking at multiple avenues, but Bart feels very "explore X, ok X didn't pan out let's explore Y", and the conclusions he's coming up with don't feel super organic?

I guess I am calling him agenda-y, oops.

Bart already has votes and Rad needs to do more so I think I'll

##Vote: @RADicate

17 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Wrong expansion too.

In my defense I've been off work for a few days and my friends were playing.

I'm also a cheapskate so I'm just running a blood elf mage to 20 on the free version and then I'll figure out if I wanna continue from there.

10 hours ago, Refa said:

Not responding to Amy's read initially bothers me. Just a minor thing, wouldn't vote on it alone. What bothers me more is that your progression on Claire doesn't read as natural to me. You pressed Amy on her read and then switched your vote to Claire because you didn't really have anything else to press Amy on. I don't know how to explain it, I feel like...town in this situation would be more willing to agree to disagree, even if they weren't bothered by Amy. I don't get why you're scumreading Claire. Also his Weiner read doesn't have much thought IMO. Saying "we should look at him if Claire flips scum" just because he defended Claire feels very surface level to me, especially considering he's voting Claire. I might be nitpicking here because I think if he said "I wouldn't townread him if Claire flipped scum" it wouldn't bother me because I don't see an agenda there.

This was mildly confusing to read because I feel like you are at ends on both disliking Amy/Bart but perhaps feel like they aren't scum together yeah?

The Bart situation to me is interesting, there's a lot of talk about him which at first I was OK with but then it seems like everyone has something to say. Bart must either be the most elusive man ever or people are exercising too much caution. You have people like Athena who stated dislike of Bart but then did a double-take due to him not really reading Bart's votees as town, You have Refa who took a more direct approach and determined he disliked some things but wrote it off cause Amy was worse, then you have Via who alluded to meta on Bart but said that he doesn't want to try and rely on it therefore null I guess. It feels like there is discussion being made around Bart but it's done where people are observing him like a caged animal. In terms of who I think look best on the bart-go-round? I think Athena had the simplest approach which I am attracted to in situations where being in-depth isn't always called for, it was easy to understand and cut to the chase. I'm still looking for things in Refa because I disagree with him on Amy, and I might just be willing to accept everyone townreading Via because he doesn't seem like the type of person to be able to fake tone so easily.

What do you think about Bart being the center of discussion and what it means in terms of possible mates? Do you think that they're ignoring him or they're tagging along for town credit as we speak? @Ampharos

24 minutes ago, Ampharos said:

In my defense I've been off work for a few days and my friends were playing.

I'm also a cheapskate so I'm just running a blood elf mage to 20 on the free version and then I'll figure out if I wanna continue from there.

Game is way better further in than 20.  IT's still a great game, if you are new to WoW I recommend it, it's still a great experience to at least play once imo.

But I digress that is something we can talk about in DM's if you want to message me about WoW stuff.

Mafia related stuff will come either in a bit later tonight, or tomorrow after I've crashed.  I've been nautious and have been on an extreme amount of lack of sleep so my head is kind of wonky and im not thinking well atm.

I will try to get a small post out or something about small thoughts though.

I think it's because Bart is the only thing we have to talk about and both factions are hopping at the opportunity to do something. It isn't a bad thing for all of us to be on the same discussion as long as the day isn't too clogged by it, which it defo isn't.

In a vacuum, Bart does make me go :thinking: but they did that in Training too and they were Town so I don't neccesarily see him as scum for his actions. There's more than enough pressure on him anyways.

I hate names that end with 'S' because it ends up like, do I use Ampharos' posts, or like, Ampharoses posts, or like, posts from Ampharos and it's like dksbfjslfuckingenglishnfkekshdue. Walrein was a much better name :c

Anyways, I think their recent posts are townie. I can get behind their RADicate read.

He solves himself if he's Town pretty sure.

2 minutes ago, XnadrojX said:

I hate names that end with 'S' because it ends up like, do I use Ampharos' posts, or like, Ampharoses posts, or like, posts from Ampharos and it's like dksbfjslfuckingenglishnfkekshdue. Walrein was a much better name :c

Anyways, I think their recent posts are townie. I can get behind their RADicate read.

He solves himself if he's Town pretty sure.

Could always go with Amy.

Talk to me a bit about why Bart "makes you go :thinking:"

22 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Because I can.

I feel like this post has impatience behind it? The second line is pretty sarcastic and stuff, lol.

I kind of get your point, but what I don't get is: why are you not voting her?

Why does SF not allow quotes within quotes? 

This feels like the most scripted response ever. "Put your vote where your mouth is" is like the most passive aggressive way of taking a stab at someone and the timing he did it at was like ???

22 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Fair enough.

I'd advice you to make sure your vote is either on who you suspect most or the person you're currently focussing on. That said:

##Unvote

##Vote: @Mitsuru Kirijo

Btw, thoughts on Weiner so far?

Like he saw who posted in between, "yo what do you think of this guy"

21 hours ago, Bartozio said:

K, fair enough. I liked Weiner's play so far, and I think the only agenda he could have for not joining the Claire band wagon is that they're both scum, which is a scenario we might as well consider after lynching Claire.

So let's make Yolo-sempai proud and clap us some Claire I guess?

If by love you mean "I had a great rvs post all thought out, but then the game already got half serious before I arrived and now I don't wanna post it anymore. Oh god, am I getting lynched for going to bed before deadline again", then yes.

Also like... lol, it's rvs, what were you expecting other than easy accusations? It reminded me a bit of Honneybottoms (played by Walrein, which may or may not have been Amphy, I suck at name changes) in CupHeads mafia going an entire phase without moving off an rvs vote, even though they interjected relevant game thoughts (they were scum, and yes it's early D1, but it started similar). Currently, it being probably more personality than allignment driven and their opinions not being bad is giving me a slight townlean there though.

What are your thoughts on Amphy, Weiner and Claire?

Seems to act like Claire is just scum. I don't like preflip associations.

The thing is that while all this stuff he's doing is questionable, I can't put it into a scun perspective and so it remains at the zone of "hmmmmmm", which is like, a little below null and a little above "maybe this is possible scum", i.e I'll let the slot solve itself.

On top of that, it's also understandable as Town, to try to push content into the thread. In Training, he did stuff like push me for a random post I made early, like what he appears to be doing with Claire. I think his wagon rn is sufficient pressure for now.

BTW a very easy way to see if RAD is scum is to see if he reads me wrong. Guy has 100% accuracy on my alignment as Town.

weinerboy, so is there a problem with people approaching the Bart slot slowly with a long stick rather than just "taking the straightforward approach"?

4 hours ago, Ichigo said:

Why does that make them town? When does town have strong conviction behind their posts when discussing multiple scumreads on page 3?

Seriously - how does "strong conviction behind their posts" make them more likely town? Can you explain this for me like I'm 5

Well their tone felt like it had strong conviction in what they were trying to do?  Scum want to stay in the background and keep their options open for which wagon to push while town want to solve the game so they are proactive in their approach and are more confident in what they're trying to do. 

@XnadrojX it makes him a good vote because his actions didn't actually do anything new? In rvs you need to push *something* but his interjection like, doesn't develop any new points so its likely to come from scum faking content?  Its worth a push if you ask me.

I feel like people are scapegoating Bart for trying to start something in rvs like what happens every game he plays in and I'm not sold on him being scum. In fact I liked his defense in his last post to Claire and I think the frustration is genuine there. Also if Bart is scum why does he take the trouble to grill Amy and then go after Claire while talking about other people like weiner shows that he's putting in a lot of thought into why a person would act the way they do as either alignment which is p gamesolvey. As scum all Bart has to do is sheep amph's vote, get out of the thread and come back later to watch the shenanigans, the stuff people are talking about from Bart sounds as unnecessary overplay from scum. 

Hmm at this point since the narrative is a scum!Bart tunnel I'd expect scum to add fuel to the fire while maintaining a low presence/making safe votes. I'm confident in my town read on Bart for now so, 

##unvote ##vote: @Ichigo

You fit the bill!  Also you've got your evidence wrong, 

5 hours ago, Ichigo said:

This player came into the thread with an agenda of going along with forming suspicion on Claire and extending it to another slot and trying to gain more echoing opinions

Strikes me as really scummy

No he didn't, he voted amph for what he perceived to be a shady vote on Claire and then sheeped amph's vote when he got her explanation.  This sounds like an argument tailored to suit the consensus narrative on Bart, which is p scummy. 

@Refa @Athena_57 You should totally sheep my case on ichigo, his content doesn't push the game state forward as town, easily fakeable as mafia and is exactly what I'd expect mafia to do at this point of the game. 

I'd sheep your amph case after her last post, plus I didn't realize that she hadn't voted Claire, which looks shady in hindsight now.  But more importantly,  the RAD vote feels like a safe vote and just outright dropping the Claire case feels very iffy to me after how she made it out to be a big deal initially. I still think ichigo is the better vote here though. 

Also sully and via are locktown IMO. 

I'm null on RAD but guy says that he's being brought up as a safe vote.  I can't see anything that I'd vote him for here and I'm not sure how voting him somehow gets him to do things.

I was p Ehhhhhhh on weiner's OMGUS because that kinda ignores my point but I'm OK with his recent post talking about the Bart situation, he takes conclusive stances on the people talking about him.  

I think Jordan looks worse wrt how he looks at Bart because the whole seeing  both sides thing without anything conclusive rubs me the wrong way. Kinda like mafia trying to be the understanding friendly type, you catch my drift? 

##Vote: @Ichigo

Bc Marth asked so nicely ;)

I agree w/ liking sully, also I think jordan's thoughts here are coming from a different mindset / are in a different style from what I remember from training (where he was scum) Will do an ISO on him there at some point, but placing a townread there for now.

@Magnificence Incarnate I can see why you say RAD is a safe vote from Amy, but at the same time this also holds for our dunn (ichigo is dunn right) votes and in the town!bart case rad's entrance isn't great, so I don't mind it all that much.

18 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

I agree w/ liking sully, also I think jordan's thoughts here are coming from a different mindset / are in a different style from what I remember from training (where he was scum) Will do an ISO on him there at some point, but placing a townread there for now.

Okay, maybe I should dial down my townread on jordan bc the context of his posts that other game was pretty different (under pressure, in a 1v1)

Still think it holds a little bit of merit though