Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

11 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

You've got your evidence wrong. Bart's vote on Any wasn't reasonable at all, it was pure RVS. Look at the timestamps if you have to. There wasn't any reasoning behind it, he was just joking. 

You're technically right that my actual vote was as a joke vote.

Marth is right that I pushed/grilled Amy because the way she went about her vote felt off though, so in the grand scheme of things, I don't see how this is relevant?

Bart made a big post mostly addressed to me. I won't have time to address that for a while. I guess as my final thoughts for the next 12+ hours: 

I think this kind of reactive behavior could easily be townie Bart, seeing his N1 mislynch looming again. But if he's scared of getting mislynched, then why is he so confident at first?

I don't really get the bolded part, please explain when you get back? If it refers to my push on Claire... I wasn't confident she was scum for the hundredth time.

And Bart's main argument right now is "do you really think I'm that stupid?" I mean, what if I do? What if you are that stupid?

1. Uhm, if you actually believe that after knowing me for over a year I'm going to ignore your opinion on everything related to people? Or just always assume the opposite of what you're saying is true, still debating that one. But seriously, I don't think you get what level of stupidity I'm talking about here. Because it's pretty close to me not even knowing what having an agenda even means.

2. If I'm really that stupid, why would I backtrack on it? Because I clearly had the huge ego to think I could pull this off and lacked the situational awareness to see it backfiring, right?

I don't feel like the wagon on Bart is entirely scum-motivated, and I don't feel like the people who are scumreading Bart are tunneling him.

Claire's only suspision is me, same with Rad. I don't think I heard you suspecting anyone else either. Dunn actually expressed suspision on Marth, sure.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god quoting things between pages is hard so you guys are gonna wind up getting a couple posts, 

10 hours ago, XnadrojX said:

I hate names that end with 'S' because it ends up like, do I use Ampharos' posts, or like, Ampharoses posts, or like, posts from Ampharos and it's like dksbfjslfuckingenglishnfkekshdue. Walrein was a much better name :c

Anyways, I think their recent posts are townie. I can get behind their RADicate read.

##Vote: @RADicate

He solves himself if he's Town pretty sure.

Alright xnad, lets get this out of the way just like every other game. If you are scum you should know better than to pick a fight with me :D

That being said what about amy's read do you agree with? To me amy's comments wrt me weren't much of a read at all and more of a "get your act together and start being productive"?  

So i'm confused as to what you see here?

9 hours ago, XnadrojX said:

BTW a very easy way to see if RAD is scum is to see if he reads me wrong. Guy has 100% accuracy on my alignment as Town.

weinerboy, so is there a problem with people approaching the Bart slot slowly with a long stick rather than just "taking the straightforward approach"?

The former part makes no sense coming from a town POV, if i were to be scum, and if you were to be town, logically I would know you are town and could very easily fabricate a townread on you, why is my read on you at all AI in this scenario?

Also if you could, walk me through your overall thoughts on amy and what about them pings you as town? 

2 minutes ago, RADicate said:

also @Bartozio ask me a question

Watched any good anime recently?

For starters, what do you think of Marths case on Dunn? And Dunns play in general?

Impressions on Amy and Claire might be nice as well, partially because I never really played a town game with them, so you might have more to go on than me there.

7 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Hmm at this point since the narrative is a scum!Bart tunnel I'd expect scum to add fuel to the fire while maintaining a low presence/making safe votes. I'm confident in my town read on Bart for now so, 

##unvote ##vote: @Ichigo

You fit the bill!  Also you've got your evidence wrong, 

No he didn't, he voted amph for what he perceived to be a shady vote on Claire and then sheeped amph's vote when he got her explanation.  This sounds like an argument tailored to suit the consensus narrative on Bart, which is p scummy. 

7 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

@Refa @Athena_57 You should totally sheep my case on ichigo, his content doesn't push the game state forward as town, easily fakeable as mafia and is exactly what I'd expect mafia to do at this point of the game. 

I'd sheep your amph case after her last post, plus I didn't realize that she hadn't voted Claire, which looks shady in hindsight now.  But more importantly,  the RAD vote feels like a safe vote and just outright dropping the Claire case feels very iffy to me after how she made it out to be a big deal initially. I still think ichigo is the better vote here though. 

Also sully and via are locktown IMO. 

Err the only two posts i could find in reference to that, (if i missed any lmk)

Honestly, feels weak. Mild bias towards players who take awhile to get rolling (i hate d1 myself) esp during EARLY d1. Not to defend his point but that "not pushing gamestate forward" can probably apply to a solid half the game? Nitpicky imo, willing to call that null on dunn.

That being said I can see where marth is coming from wrt Dunn stretching out bartz's "read" on claire as coming into thread with an agenda to get a SR going on Claire upon second look. I'm pretty 50/50 on whether dunn just had a kneejerk to bartz's claire comments early or genuinely was trying to shade though. @Bartozio 

Also i just finished bunny girl senpai, fwiw.(Great show, could ramble about the ending for a bit but i seem to be in the minority on that one) 

Also i finally started jojo recently, show's great

Not gonna lie, I've been playing video games instead of playing this game. I'm just going to sheep Marth until I reread, which might be a while. 

What are the votals? How much time is left?

##Unvote

##Vote: @Ichigo

17 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Watched any good anime recently?

For starters, what do you think of Marths case on Dunn? And Dunns play in general?

Impressions on Amy and Claire might be nice as well, partially because I never really played a town game with them, so you might have more to go on than me there.

Oh i forgot about the other half of the question OOPS

i dont have enough mafia experience with either claire or amy to help you out on any meta reads soz i did get claire to link a couple games earlier itt that i need to look through, im being really lazy about it though

gut says tone is natural for claire but like i said im lazy on homework atm so thats pendingish

6 minutes ago, Refa said:

Not gonna lie, I've been playing video games instead of playing this game. I'm just going to sheep Marth until I reread, which might be a while. 

What are the votals? How much time is left?

##Unvote

##Vote: @Ichigo

like 32 hours till deadline and im way too lazy to figure out votals for you

10 hours ago, XnadrojX said:

weinerboy, so is there a problem with people approaching the Bart slot slowly with a long stick rather than just "taking the straightforward approach"?

Kinda? It's more context dependent. It's why I pointed out the different approaches because the only conclusion you can come to is that most people do not like Bart, which at this point is not telling to me because everyone has something to say.

I was expecting a more aggressive stance from Marth wrt my vote because from what I remember he tends to try and cover every angle to an unnecessary degree but instead he was sorta like 'eh' so I dunno about my vote anymore. He's either immediately become self-aware in the change of one single game or this is his townplay which seems less focused on appearance.  This on top of the fact his blurb about Bart was pretty much how I was taking this whole situation. Everyone wants to write their walls so get ready folks next post all undeveloped and half-assed secrets shall be revealed...

5 minutes ago, RADicate said:

Err the only two posts i could find in reference to that, (if i missed any lmk)

Honestly, feels weak. Mild bias towards players who take awhile to get rolling (i hate d1 myself) esp during EARLY d1. Not to defend his point but that "not pushing gamestate forward" can probably apply to a solid half the game? Nitpicky imo, willing to call that null on dunn.

That being said I can see where marth is coming from wrt Dunn stretching out bartz's "read" on claire as coming into thread with an agenda to get a SR going on Claire upon second look. I'm pretty 50/50 on whether dunn just had a kneejerk to bartz's claire comments early or genuinely was trying to shade though. @Bartozio 

Hmm, okay. I feel like he has voiced enough suspision about me and Marth to not make me think of a slow starter that much tbh. Could be me missreading his tone there I guess, since he didn't place a vote yet (which I dislike, but let's not go there).

How do you feel about Marth then?

Also i just finished bunny girl senpai, fwiw.(Great show, could ramble about the ending for a bit but i seem to be in the minority on that one) 

Bunny girl sempai is pretty much my favorite show this season, so good taste there!

I didn't dislike the ending, apart from it not really feeling as an ending.

Also i finally started jojo recently, show's great

If I said I disliked Kill la Kill and Guren Lagan, would you still recommend it to me?

2 minutes ago, RADicate said:

Oh i forgot about the other half of the question OOPS

i dont have enough mafia experience with either claire or amy to help you out on any meta reads soz i did get claire to link a couple games earlier itt that i need to look through, im being really lazy about it though

gut says tone is natural for claire but like i said im lazy on homework atm so thats pendingish

Fair enough, my bad about forgetting you asking her for previous games, lol.

Btw, I'm assuming I don't need to tell you you're free to ask me questions about stuff, right?

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Hmm, okay. I feel like he has voiced enough suspision about me and Marth to not make me think of a slow starter that much tbh. Could be me missreading his tone there I guess, since he didn't place a vote yet (which I dislike, but let's not go there).

How do you feel about Marth then?

Bunny girl sempai is pretty much my favorite show this season, so good taste there!

I didn't dislike the ending, apart from it not really feeling as an ending.

If I said I disliked Kill la Kill and Guren Lagan, would you still recommend it to me?

Fair enough, my bad about forgetting you asking her for previous games, lol.

Btw, I'm assuming I don't need to tell you you're free to ask me questions about stuff, right?

Idk, slight scumlean ig, like i said the push felt nitpicky and it felt like marth immediately came to the negative conclusion before weighing the possiblities (dunn's kneejerk to your comments vs him just trying to throw shade at you). @Magnificence Incarnate you should walk me through why you feel why its the latter of those two possibilities as opposed to the former.

Mostly mentioned the whole slow start thing that since it was part of marth's case (the whole not providing meaningful content and pushing gamestate forward and the fact the comment came less than halfway through d1)=worth addressing. 

I touted bunny girl as the best show of the season until the last ep, after which i gave the title to Zombieland Saga (also worth a watch, and im not an idol fan either, so unbiased on that front)

Ur taste is wild >_>

Imma say yes wrt jojo, it doesnt mirror the style of either of those shows by a long stretch. (both of those shows i loved though, i need to rewatch Kill la Kill soon) (i'll hyu soon:tm: @Ampharos)

Im fine just talking to you like this tbh, helps me out more than anything else would d1. But since you mentioned it~~

Thoughts on refa atm?

Bartozio - He's so popular I'm honestly jealous. All this attention he's getting must really get to his head. I recall what he said to me about him being a calculating person in general when I questioned his behavior and then glancing over what everyone else is saying about him and determining that this might be a crapshoot. I also recall what I said about him in My Hero wherein I described his posts as a blur and not remembering anything he said, feeling like he was just going through the motions. I think that perhaps Bart is someone who struggles with his own hubris, or maybe I am projecting because I get that same feeling while reading him. Does that mean he's scum again? I think even if he's scum he's done the best thing he can which is divert attention from his mates, so at this rate I wonder if Bart is more willing to stick his neck out as scum or as town, because there is some definite aggressive and come-at-me attitude that has gotten him in the hot seat in the first place. I wouldn't mind him being the lynch due to my own bias and I lean scum on him right now.

Refa - He gives me good impressions at the surface but as I said before I had a minor problem with his amy read, as it was notably weak in terms of his logic. I'd like to think Refa excels in his logic so I'm kinda just waiting to be wrong about this feeling instead of going at him cause I find his playstyle/behavior to match mine, so basically this is a roundabout way of saying null for now and needs more.

Athena - In my first game w/ Athena I scumread him because it often felt like Athena was a bit antsy, like he had a sense of urgency in his posts that didn't feel required. I don't sense that urgency, rather I feel like Athena has been a good source of sensibility. His posts aren't the most fleshed out but I commented on how I enjoyed especially in the context of when they were made, so I feel pretty good about this read for now.

Amy - One of my strongest townreads to be honest. I think Refa/Amy offer an interesting parallel where I find both to be self-assured on how they play but Refa would be uh self-aware? This is something I feel Amy lacks, which is a good thing  because that means Amy is just posting because she wants to and not because of a requirement. Her comments on Claire and wanting people to interact with her can be fabricated yes but I don't feel that way because they didn't seem deliberate. I find it funny how she says she's self-conscious which honestly shows but the flaws that Refa might have rightfully picked up on don't seem like they're something Amy overlooked intentionally rather in her excitement/eagerness didn't think about it because just getting it out there was far more important.

RAD - IDK, no super strong impressions. I haven't gotten a grasp enough on how he plays as town in NOC therefore if I'm determining his alignment on intuition there is a lot to be desired. It seemed like he agreed with Bart but chose to take an approach where he wasn't nearly as involved as the others, but he's trying to be proactive and I refreshed the page and he's hashing shit out with him rn. I think the most interesting thing is probably his Claire comments but Claire isn't here to attribute to this so I'm not looking intensely at this slot. If anyone wants to comment or give thoughts on rad wrt his meta (Jordan alluded to this) feel free to do so.

Marth - I talked about him in his previous post and I don't have much else to say in that matter, I'm not going to say he's super duper brownie townie but if he's fooling me he's doing a decent job at it, and really I don't see a wagon happening on him cause it seemed like people were mostly handwaving it (like Refa) despite not liking the post I didn't.

Everyone else I don't have too much to say. Via is probably town so that's a sheep read and then I haven't read Ichigo's posts and Shinori hasn't given enough to determine how I feel about him. Would like to see more from Refa/Claire/Shinori/Jodran and then I need to actually glance over Ichigo's posts because I haven't done so. I also sorta skimmed Sully because I'm not worried about him so I'll get around to it later. I think Bart is a good lynch, RAD would be super spicy, and then Refa if he did something amazingly scummy but I doubt he will.

Super hot take but I liked Shinori's first post and haven't been bothered by him ignoring the thread. I think if there's something I could be wrong about it'd be Athena but I'm not willing to take a risk I don't have to right now. Jordan plays a little similar to Athena but not similar enough where I'd say they are carbon copies.

I'm not being pinged by Ichigo right now, if there's anything I could take away from his responses it's that he seems to play hardball and I've been privy to this myself in X-site. I'd say he's a little more aggressive than what I remember but not anything super telling. What's the votecount? I feel like perhaps the Bart wagon isn't nearly as big as I was thinking.

I'm finding it ironic how I start to feel a little decent about Marth others come out of the woodwork (like Rad) and say they do have issue with him like cmon guys I was JUST voting him where were u when I needed u most...

@Bartozio, I know you've talked about players and I've seen your readpost but how do you feel about your wagon formulating and also those who decided to get off of it? Is it telling to you in some way? If I haven't made it clear already I believe this is a great think to talk about and highly invite those to talk about it.

Day 1: Automated Votals from #136 to #220

Ichigo (4): Magnificence Incarnate, Athena_57, Bartozio, Refa
Bartozio (2): Mitsuru Kirijo, SullyMcGully
Magnificence Incarnate (2): Shinori, weinerboy
RADicate (2): Ampharos, XnadrojX
XnadrojX (1): RADicate
Not voting (2): Ichigo, Vi-astra

Phase ends in 30h50m. Hammer at 8.

Vote history:

Ampharos (1): RADicate

Athena_57 (1): Ichigo

Bartozio (1): Ichigo

Magnificence Incarnate (1): Ichigo

RADicate (1): XnadrojX

Refa (1): Ichigo

SullyMcGully (1): Bartozio

XnadrojX (4): RADicate -> Unvote -> Mitsuru Kirijo -> RADicate

<Beta v2.0.4>

On 12/29/2018 at 10:37 AM, Shinori said:

I guess the bolded makes sense, but it was also RVS and it's a discussion of some sort.  Would you rather just nothing be said and the game devolve into a stagnant state?

I liked a lot of marth's posts on page 7 but I don't know if Marth responded to this and I missed it or if he just ignored it.  Either way it doesn't matter too much for the most part his posts on Page 7 made me feel overall better about him.

##Unvote:

23 hours ago, Refa said:

@Shinori If you could uh further explain your feelings on Amy, that'd be cool.

Amy's posts and posting style currently make me feel more like when i watched their game in champs and not like when i was their buddy in cuphead was my initial gut thoughts.  I haven't in-depth read their more recent posts but I liked the stuff overall.

16 hours ago, XnadrojX said:

Saw this and felt the need to asl.why do you think that makes him a good vote?

Marth just feels like he's being really hedgy while trying to avoid giving off the impression of going after LHF.

Refa picking at Bart and Amph for stuff that feels minor is like... There's nothing wrong there, I just... don't feel comfortable about it? IDK how to explain.

##Vote: @Mitsuru Kirijo

Gonna put my vote there while I go eat.

I most likely missed it in one of your other posts so I apologize ahead of time but; Why do you feel Claire is a better vote here over Marth?  Unless I'm misunderstanding you seem to imply you don't like what Marth is doing and in my opinion it sounds like he should be slightly worse in your eyes for this.

7 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

shinori is the biggest null in the game for me right now LMAO

Why is that funny? NANI.

Day 1: Automated Votals from #1 to #222

Bartozio (2): Mitsuru Kirijo, Sully McGully
Magnificence Incarnate (1): weinerboy
Not voting (3): Shinori, Vi-astra, Ichigo

Phase End

Vote history:

Ampharos (2): Shinori -> RADicate

Athena_57 (3): Bartozio -> Unvote -> Ichigo

Bartozio (3): Ampharos -> Mitsuru Kirijo -> Ichigo

Magnificence Incarnate (3): Ampharos -> weinerboy -> Ichigo

Mitsuru Kirijo (2): Sully McGully -> Bartozio

RADicate (2): Bartozio -> XnadrojX

Refa (4): weinerboy -> Unvote -> Ampharos -> Ichigo

Shinori (3): Sully McGully -> Magnificence Incarnate -> Unvote

Sully McGully (2): Magnificence Incarnate -> Bartozio

weinerboy (2): Refa -> Magnificence Incarnate

XnadrojX (4): RADicate -> Unvote -> Mitsuru Kirijo -> RADicate

<Beta v2.0.4>

I like weiners posts.  Dislike Ichigo at the moment, but I don't know if that's just a factor of playstyle as it appears I've scumread him in every game I've played with him now.

1 hour ago, RADicate said:

Thoughts on refa atm?

Where are you going with this?

Day 1: Automated Votals from #1 to #224

Bartozio (2): Mitsuru Kirijo, Sully McGully
Magnificence Incarnate (1): weinerboy
Not voting (3): Shinori, Vi-astra, Ichigo

Phase ends in 30h33m. Hammer at 8.

Vote history: