Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

5 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Are you asking why I think it's more likely that you're scum? I guess I don't fully understand what you asked in the first placeĀ 

Okay, basicly two scenarios:

A: I'm scum as you say, and I came up with the perfect excuse for my scummy actions.

B: I'm town, I did strange stuff, but I have a good reason for doing it (and didn't give it until asked because I thought it was obvious I did it because of said reason).

Why is scenario A more likely to you? I know scenario A is more likely to you, but why?

4 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

I dunno Bart I think you're like uh textbook scummy? Yknow, like if I didn't know you and you didn't have the notoriety you do I wouldn't question it but there's a certain stigma due to your constant being misread/mislynched. I know meta isn't always a tell but for your case I think it's important because of your history, so while you've answered what people have done how do you feel about why they did it? I just feel like you're answering but I'm not getting a solid yes/no on the implication of behavior based on who has or hasn't voted you.

Either I disagree about being textbook scummy, or your textbook needs to be rewritten

Gonna be honest, I don't really get what you're specificly asking for here, and it feels like you're saying: You didn't answer it the way I would have, so that's scummy. Like, I get you feel there's missing details (I'll admit I have a tendency to leaving things I feel are unnececairly out), but I'm not really seeing what details you're missing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Okay, basicly two scenarios:

A: I'm scum as you say, and I came up with the perfect excuse for my scummy actions.

B: I'm town, I did strange stuff, but I have a good reason for doing it (and didn't give it until asked because I thought it was obvious I did it because of said reason).

Why is scenario A more likely to you? I know scenario A is more likely to you, but why?

Either I disagree about being textbook scummy, or your textbook needs to be rewritten

Gonna be honest, I don't really get what you're specificly asking for here, and it feels like you're saying: You didn't answer it the way I would have, so that's scummy. Like, I get you feel there's missing details (I'll admit I have a tendency to leaving things I feel are unnececairly out), but I'm not really seeing what details you're missing.

Actually I'm liking your responses and feel they are helping me understand you better besides just making judgment from afar. I also think perhaps I am not being clear enough and trying to get information that you've already felt you've given so there's no point to this. I'm gonna be real with you and say that I'm going to drop my suspicions here because all I've done is talk about you and it's time to move on to bigger and better things. I still have caution but I'm not feeling as confident as before (between me and you it was never unbridled anyways).

That being said, I'll get to my own opinion, which is basically that players like Athena/Claire/Refa particularly interest in terms of how they approached you, and if you're town I would bargain being wrong about Athena but not the other way around. I also noticed Athena giving a mild excuse for Refa which made me tilt my head but to say that is instantly associative would be stupid cause I like Athena right now and it'd just be me overextending if that makes sense. Claire is more independent to me and she came back with a certain ferocity and even outright saying 'I scumrread half of the playerlist right now' and lo and behold she actually did so uh wow? I agree with Shinori that You v Claire is interesting in that regard.

I have too many uncertainties, voting Bart would be like giving into my decadence butĀ  I don't think it's necessarily productive. I really want people to get back to me about Sully and even look at my wall cause I don't write them for self-accomplishment I write them cause I want to talk to others and get feedback

9 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

I have too many uncertainties, voting Bart would be like giving into my decadence butĀ  I don't think it's necessarily productive. I really want people to get back to me about Sully and even look at my wall cause I don't write them for self-accomplishment I write them cause I want to talk to others and get feedback

4 hours ago, weinerboy said:

Amy - One of my strongest townreads to be honest. I think Refa/Amy offer an interesting parallel where I find both to be self-assured on how they play but Refa would be uh self-aware? This is something I feel Amy lacks, which is a good thingĀ  because that means Amy is just posting because she wants to and not because of a requirement. Her comments on Claire and wanting people to interact with her can be fabricated yes but I don't feel that way because they didn't seem deliberate. I find it funny how she says she's self-conscious which honestly shows but the flaws that Refa might have rightfully picked up on don't seem like they're something Amy overlooked intentionally rather in her excitement/eagerness didn't think about it because just getting it out there was far more important.

This read was kind of ??? for me, in part bc I'm not really seeing what you're seeing wrt posting bc she wants to. (This is where I could ask you to pull up examples, but I've read her posts and am just not really getting that vibe) I'm also a bit confused what you see as self-aware vs self-conscious bc I had them as basically synonymous whereas you call Refa the one and Amy the other?

Wrt sully... I think the points he's making are better and with more conviction than what I'd expect of scum!him? I haven't played with scum!him but from playing with town!him / hearing he's been scum it'd surprise me if this was him faking it. (no offense) Reading back, it isn'tĀ thatĀ spectacular, but a townread of mine for sure.

8 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

This read was kind of ??? for me, in part bc I'm not really seeing what you're seeing wrt posting bc she wants to. (This is where I could ask you to pull up examples, but I've read her posts and am just not really getting that vibe) I'm also a bit confused what you see as self-aware vs self-conscious bc I had them as basically synonymous whereas you call Refa the one and Amy the other?

Wrt sully... I think the points he's making are better and with more conviction than what I'd expect of scum!him? I haven't played with scum!him but from playing with town!him / hearing he's been scum it'd surprise me if this was him faking it. (no offense) Reading back, it isn'tĀ thatĀ spectacular, but a townread of mine for sure.

Alright yeah I can try

What I meant by Amy/Refa and how they are different is that I feel like how I know Refa and how I've seen him play he is more self-aware, which isn't always synonymous to self-conscious because you can be aware of yourself but not be self-conscious cause the latter implies you're kinda insecure yeah?

Amy's self-consciousness in this regard doesn't feel forced, seems very natural. I don't expect the same for Refa however because I feel like he is more in touch with himself, less awkward and even if he was I feel he'd be really good at faking it, and with Amy I do not feel that. I feel her awkwardness and how eager she was being earlier on when she was signaling others to talk to her was very genuine and perhaps attributed to nervousness cause I get the vibe in some way Amy wants to impress which I'm not knocking because usually people will listen to you better if you feel it got all together. Is this making more sense now? Refa doesn't need to try to have it all together, he's pretty good at looking like he's keeping his cool.

6 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

Alright yeah I can try

What I meant by Amy/Refa and how they are different is that I feel like how I know Refa and how I've seen him play he is more self-aware, which isn't always synonymous to self-conscious because you can be aware of yourself but not be self-conscious cause the latter implies you're kinda insecure yeah?

Amy's self-consciousness in this regard doesn't feel forced, seems very natural. I don't expect the same for Refa however because I feel like he is more in touch with himself, less awkward and even if he was I feel he'd be really good at faking it, and with Amy I do not feel that. I feel her awkwardness and how eager she was being earlier on when she was signaling others to talk to her was very genuine and perhaps attributed to nervousness cause I get the vibe in some way Amy wants to impress which I'm not knocking because usually people will listen to you better if you feel it got all together. Is this making more sense now? Refa doesn't need to try to have it all together, he's pretty good at looking like he's keeping his cool.

Okay, I get what you mean at least, thanks! I'll reread it with that in mind and get back to you

4 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Okay, I get what you mean at least, thanks! I'll reread it with that in mind and get back to you

Okay, I can buy this more now, also bc I resawĀ their readslist which I'll oversimplify as "Idk,Ā but Bart is weird and RAD needs pressure" which is pretty much where I was at at that point of the thread.

I was gonna do a readslist, but it only has a grand total of one scumread, so... At least I feel pretty good about my townpile! I may do a reason/thoughtdump tomorrow unless someone is amazingly curious about someone rn.

My null or worse group is pretty much shinori/rad/refajester/jordan/dunn and I'm half hoping this list only misses one of the three. Yes this is a lazy ass pile but I really like all the others so :shrug:

I've been having trouble getting my hooks into this game and I'm not sure why. 2 hours from deadline seems like a fine enough time to try to correct that.

Lemme figure out what's going on here.

2 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Wait didn't we have like slightly over 24 hours.Ā Did I mention I have a hateboner for dumbtells

it's a 72 hour d1 has it not been 3 days

i will admit i've been off work for a few days so my timescale is fucked rn

1 minute ago, Ampharos said:

no, fuck, athena's right

well damn i wish you hadn't told me that, there goes my sense of urgency

Well, my fortune cookie told me that if we didn't get our act together in 2 hours my great-auntĀ may experience a slight inconvenience so maybe that gives some sense of urgency

33 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Well, my fortune cookie told me that if we didn't get our act together in 2 hours my great-auntĀ may experience a slight inconvenience so maybe that gives some sense of urgency

I MADE THE FORTUNE COOKIE JOKE FIRST

IM EVEN OPENING A REAL FORTUNE COOKIE RIGHT NOW IT SAYS "listen these next few days to your friends to find the answers you seek" SEE ITS TELLING ME IM GONNA FIND ALL THE SCUM help me carry this game athena

3 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

you know what I'm kinda starting to think marth is scum actuallyĀ 

Really? I was doing a reread (well, reskim) there bc I wanted to doublecheck him/refa for having somewhat easy pushes but I really liked his loose posting... What makes you think he's scum?

Day 1: Automated Votals from #227 to #298

Jester's Gestures (4): Magnificence Incarnate, Athena_57, Bartozio, Shinori
Magnificence Incarnate (2): XnadrojX, RADicate
RADicate (2): Ampharos, Ichigo
Bartozio (1): Vi-astra
weinerboy (1): Mitsuru Kirijo
Not voting (3): Sully McGully, weinerboy, Jester's Gestures

Phase ends in 25h10m. Hammer at 8.

Vote history:

Mitsuru Kirijo (1): weinerboy

RADicate (1): Magnificence Incarnate

<Beta v2.0.4>

Day 1: Automated Votals from #1 to #299

Ichigo (3): Magnificence Incarnate, Athena_57, Bartozio
Magnificence Incarnate (2): weinerboy, RADicate
RADicate (2): Ampharos, XnadrojX
Bartozio (1): Sully McGully
weinerboy (1): Mitsuru Kirijo
Not voting (4): Shinori, Vi-astra, Ichigo, Jester's Gestures

Phase ends in 25h8m. Hammer at 8.

Vote history:

Ampharos (2): Shinori -> RADicate

Athena_57 (3): Bartozio -> Unvote -> Ichigo

Bartozio (3): Ampharos -> Mitsuru Kirijo -> Ichigo

Magnificence Incarnate (3): Ampharos -> weinerboy -> Ichigo

Mitsuru Kirijo (3): Sully McGully -> Bartozio -> weinerboy

RADicate (3): Bartozio -> XnadrojX -> Magnificence Incarnate

Shinori (7): Sully McGully -> weinerboy -> Magnificence Incarnate -> Unvote -> Ampharos -> Ichigo -> Unvote

Sully McGully (2): Magnificence Incarnate -> Bartozio

weinerboy (2): Shinori -> Magnificence Incarnate

XnadrojX (4): RADicate -> Unvote -> Mitsuru Kirijo -> RADicate

<Beta v2.0.4>