Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1: Automated Votals from #408 to #427

Ichigo (5): Magnificence Incarnate, Athena_57, Bartozio, Sully McGully, Vi-astra
Magnificence Incarnate (2): RADicate, Ichigo
RADicate (2): Kaif, XnadrojX
Athena_57 (1): Mitsuru Kirijo
Jester's Gestures (1): weinerboy
Not voting (2): Shinori, Jester's Gestures

Phase ends in 0h5m. Hammer at 8.

Vote history:

Vi-astra (1): Ichigo

Jester's Gestures (1): Unvote

<Beta v2.0.4>

I'm not fucking voting you because you were passive aggressive I was voting for entirely different fucking reasons and the passive aggressiveness affects me outside of game but if you and all the other fucking new people are going to make my mental issues into a "oh hes faking it and is scum" fucking bullshit again I'm not playing mafia here anymore

Day 1: Automated Votals from #428 to #435

Ichigo (5): Magnificence Incarnate, Athena_57, Bartozio, Sully McGully, Vi-astra
Magnificence Incarnate (2): RADicate, Ichigo
RADicate (2): Kaif, XnadrojX
Athena_57 (1): Mitsuru Kirijo
Jester's Gestures (1): weinerboy
Not voting (2): Shinori, Jester's Gestures

Phase End

<Beta v2.0.4>

Ichigo has been lynched! He was:

thumb_25671_default_900.png?width=400&he

Emperor Penguin, Mafia Goon

It is now Night 1. Players with Night Actions have 24 hours to submit them in their Role PMs. Night 1 ends at 9:00 PM EST on January 1, 2019. Do not speak in the thread unless your role allows you to.

"Night" in the Arctic lasts for nearly three months. The sun disappears from view for six months, but the North Pole still experiences a form of twilight for a while before darkness falls. Still, three months is a lot of time for things to happen. I just wish I had more time for the difficult "tusk" of coming up with a better narwhal pun.

@Magnificence Incarnate has died! He was:

-dc---male-narwhal--monodon-monoceros--i

Narwhal, Vanilla Townie

It is now Day 2. Day 2 ends in 48 hours. With 11 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 7 to hammer. Remember to format your votes correctly (##Vote: USER) or the script won't count them!

Additionally, remember that starting today, if 1/3 of the living players choose to ##Vote: Extension, the Day Phase will be extended by 24 hours. This may only be used once.

Edited by Fenrir Aesir
(Fixed Typo)

Oh hey. I was kinda lazy last night in part because I felt like there was a high chance of me dying last night. I didn't die, which I guess means I still suck at Mafia. But at least we caught scum! And I think there are some good reads we can get from this.

@Mitsuru Kirijo 

OH GOD! May you blot out the day I was born. For I am afflicted with great misery at the thoughts that I have thought! Yet it is, that I fear that one of your angels has fallen! That she has dirtied her hands with the crime of murder! The blood of Marth cries out from the ground. "JUSTICE! JUSTICE! WHO WILL GIVE ME JUSTICE?" How sad that such a vision of beauty appears to be associating with the forces of evil!

In short, I'm going to do the obvious thing and scumread Claire. I'll make a case but most of it is self-evident. When I have more time, I'm going to take a look at Supa as well. 

On 12/31/2018 at 3:43 PM, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Because Point 1 and 2 when you were explaining still barely make any sense to me even if we assume that you’re telling the truth on point 3. It’s because if I take out that point I’d still have a sr on you.

The rest of this page is mostly weiner and Athena shockingly Athena still gives me empty vibes. Like I get no feeling of towny or scummy from the posts besides the ones I already talked about 

This is the only reasoning I can find for Claire voting Athena. I didn't find her tone scummy D1 at all, but I don't like that she can afford lengthy paragraphs on her own defense but only give minor reasoning for she's pushing the people she's supposedly pushing. 

The most damning thing about Claire is her Dunn interactions. She more or less ignores the wagon, doesn't give input when asked, doesn't really share any info on Dunn, claims not to scumread Dunn but does nothing to defend him, ignores his claim, and makes herself present during the last hour of the day but does nothing to push her supposed scumread when it looks like Dunn is going to be lynched. 

Claire what are your thoughts on Athena now?

On 12/31/2018 at 8:59 PM, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Everyone lurking and not posting at EOD is scummy as hell.
I see you browsing 

Why did you say this and not post any actual content? I had to take care of stuff at EOD BTW so while it might have said I was browsing, I wasn't even at my computer. How is what you were doing not lurking?

OK looks like I'm the only one around right now. I'm going to bed, Claire say something towny when you get back, Supa I've got my eye on you especially because I think your Refa read sucks and you hard ignored Dunn up to the end, those are the two obvious ones but I'm sure once I sleep on it there'll be other potential candidates. I guess Bartozio is potentially clear. And Via is definitely clear, he could never fake those emotions.

>Kaif subbed in for Amy

Did not see that coming.

Marth is absolutely never scum here, they never needed to push Dunn at that point.

weinerboy's most recent post ticks me off for some reason, and yeah their voting patterns are a bit sus. I'll look at that later.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:44 AM, Jester's Gestures said:

I'd prefer CFD to Athena because I feel like most of their posts have been asking questions rather than contributing themselves and I don't have any strong scumreads other than Ichigo. What's your thought process behind a supa lynch?

This post feels pretty off to me now.