Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

@Mitsuru Kirijo 

OH GOD! May you blot out the day I was born. For I am afflicted with great misery at the thoughts that I have thought! Yet it is, that I fear that one of your angels has fallen! That she has dirtied her hands with the crime of murder! The blood of Marth cries out from the ground. "JUSTICE! JUSTICE! WHO WILL GIVE ME JUSTICE?" How sad that such a vision of beauty appears to be associating with the forces of evil!

In short, I'm going to do the obvious thing and scumread Claire. I'll make a case but most of it is self-evident. When I have more time, I'm going to take a look at Supa as well. 

If I was scum with dunn I would've taken a much firmer stance calling him lock town or pushing him to death. I know him more than the whole playerlist so people would've likely listened to me I wouldn't have stuck with a basic null read. Your 'scumread' is bad. 

I've been pretty null on Claire, I knew she kind of ignored dunn but I don't see scum Claire ignoring her buddy in that way.  I'd think there would be some sort of interaction at the very least.

6 hours ago, Jester's Gestures said:

##Vote @weinerboy
Vote patterns seems sus. Gonna wait until more people talk before saying more.

I want more from this.  Like I want you to expand on this more.

Also Iono, I'm disliking sully at the moment. Some of the posts they made on day 1 really pinged me and I didn't get favorable responses from them.

If they rolled scum it's also their first scum game so I could see all the random filler they have in their posts as just nervous/anxious banter because they DEFINITELY didn't play like this in past games.

24 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I've been pretty null on Claire, I knew she kind of ignored dunn but I don't see scum Claire ignoring her buddy in that way.  I'd think there would be some sort of interaction at the very least.

Maybe i just give claire too much credit, I haven't seen her scum game outside of one time and she subbed out within the first like 10 hours i think.  So I should look at this with a more level head and put more effort into looking at her post.

Will look over her stuff later in more detail.

7 hours ago, XnadrojX said:

>Kaif subbed in for Amy

Did not see that coming.

Marth is absolutely never scum here, they never needed to push Dunn at that point.

weinerboy's most recent post ticks me off for some reason, and yeah their voting patterns are a bit sus. I'll look at that later.

Imma give you a bit to reread over this post, nobody else explain it out. I want xnad to reply to me.

12 hours ago, Shinori said:

I think sully deserves to be lynched for that entire first paragraph. 

Chill. I just made the post I felt like making because I don't feel like sneaking around right now. You're giving me nostalgia, and not the good kind.

6 hours ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

If I was scum with dunn I would've taken a much firmer stance calling him lock town or pushing him to death. I know him more than the whole playerlist so people would've likely listened to me I wouldn't have stuck with a basic null read. Your 'scumread' is bad. 

You know him more than the entire playerlist, correct. Which is why your silence regarding him when he was the primary lynch option is so telling. You could have said anything and we would have likely sheeped you, so why did you do nothing? You yourself said you were leaning towards town with him. You were voting someone else. So how are your actions logical from a town PoV? 

Claire sees a townread-ish (Dunn) being wagoned
Claire has a scumread (Athena)
Claire remains silent as someone she thinks is likely town is lynched and says nothing when her supposed scumread, Athena, was suggested as an alternative lynch.

Why would a townie do this?

Don't just give me "my actions are nonsensical for scum." Give me the townie intent behind your inactivity.

5 hours ago, Shinori said:

Also Iono, I'm disliking sully at the moment. Some of the posts they made on day 1 really pinged me and I didn't get favorable responses from them.

If they rolled scum it's also their first scum game so I could see all the random filler they have in their posts as just nervous/anxious banter because they DEFINITELY didn't play like this in past games.

Give me an example of "random filler".

How is my play different from other games?

This isn't my first scum game, I played a scum game on MU and IDK if you'd count Antiheroes but that exists. I tend to freeze up and avoid attention as scum. If my play is different, perhaps I'm getting better? My play in previous games has been far short of ideal, so I don't see why you expect me not to change anything about it.

12 hours ago, Jester's Gestures said:

##Vote @weinerboy
Vote patterns seems sus. Gonna wait until more people talk before saying more.

Why though?

@SullyMcGully Could you link me your scumgame on MU?

Obvious stuff but good to have stated:

Jester's vote timing (tying Marth/Ichigo wagons when it was 4 on Marth, 3 on Ichigo) looks really good on him. Ichigo was already the leading wagon when sully voted, but his vote was def the nail in the coffin at a time when Ichigo hadn't given up yet imo and therefore not a likely bus vote. I already had Via as locktown but if I hadn't yet I would now. If there's a busser it's most likely Bart, but even that is iffy and I already had a townread there, so I'm inclined to think the wagon is clean.

Three people tried to start EOD wagons, Weiner, Claire and RAD on jester, me and weiner respectively. Of note, Ichigo approved of the former two, but not the one on weiner.

With Claire I really liked how she had a bunch of scumreads on D1 bc what I remember from scum!Claire (note: this was ITP!Claire, not mafia) her plan was to have one scumread and make that seem genuine to stick to that for content and her making more 'waves' is smth I townread her for. That said, I can't really find a satisfactory explanation for her scumreads on either me or more importantly weiner. @Mitsuru Kirijo Can you sort of recap those for me?

With Weiner I townread him for his overall good analysis of shit like the bart wagon but looking back his vote history is kind of bad. (Marth->Nobody for a longish time->Jester) @weinerboy What's your stance on Jester atm?

RAD is just sort of questionable stances on Marth/Dunn but reaaaally good tone so eh. Town points for his turbo not being approved of by Ichigo bc I'd expect scumteam to coordinate that stuff?

All three have medium Dunn interactions going both ways with them mostly ignoring him / nulltownish reading him in rad's case and dunn supporting each of them a bit at some point. (Too lazy to link rn, ask me if you want them)

I don't really want to delve into the Marth NK since it's probably just him being near lockclear by interaction + being a good player, esp w/ via suggesting a sub out marth is the clear kill.

Lynchpool for me today is the three I mentioned before, with Claire/Weiner a step over RAD.

##Vote: @weinerboy

Seems like a good start for end of day shenanigans.

Townreads on Jester/Bart/Sully (pending whether his scumgame matches this game or not) / Via
Null on Kaif/Shinori/Jordan/RAD
Would lynch Weiner/Claire

Game's hard, sue me. I don't feel like wasting votes and I alluded to this a bit earlier. I can't say that I've been secretly trying to decipher the game and it's more like I remember 'oh yeah I gotta do something about this before they mislynch me.'

On 12/31/2018 at 9:00 PM, Fenrir Aesir said:

Day 1: Automated Votals from #428 to #435

Ichigo (5): Magnificence Incarnate, Athena_57, Bartozio, Sully McGully, Vi-astra
Magnificence Incarnate (2): RADicate, Ichigo
RADicate (2): Kaif, XnadrojX
Athena_57 (1): Mitsuru Kirijo
Jester's Gestures (1): weinerboy
Not voting (2): Shinori, Jester's Gestures

Phase End

<Beta v2.0.4>

I'd like to start here, but more importantly, I'd like to start what I said earlier about Bart hearing that he's supposedly clear, because I don't this wagon is completely pure. Via's replace out and tone is really really hard to fake so I give some credit there but the middle probably has at least one scum. I still feel decent about Athena in the back of my head but another problem of getting back into the game is reassessing my thoughts, but I still hold onto what I have or had said about Bart, though I'm not going to make it a constant reminder. So..let's start there? I'm willing to put myself in the hot seat because I like the attention and it motivates me to stop being a lazy ass

The answer about Jester in terms of how I feel is..I don't know. My read is definitely weak, and if I were scum I would try to spin it way harder, but I don't have that luxury because I hate being wrong. That's the same for a lot of things and I realize there is also a disconnect between most people because I haven't been taking the time to interact with them, which is my fault. Not asking for forgiveness or pity or trying to AtE my ass off that's just part of my personality when it comes to how I perceive my actions

@Athena_57 here is the MU gamehttps://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/18782. I subbed out for Smartbomb D1 though. 

I actually felt like I did good in said game, but I definitely posted less/let other players carry the conversation/draw attention. 

I was in Anitheroes for longer, but I was frozen the entire time so there's not much you can learn from me there.

4 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

You know him more than the entire playerlist, correct. Which is why your silence regarding him when he was the primary lynch option is so telling. You could have said anything and we would have likely sheeped you, so why did you do nothing? You yourself said you were leaning towards town with him. You were voting someone else. So how are your actions logical from a town PoV? 

Claire sees a townread-ish (Dunn) being wagoned
Claire has a scumread (Athena)
Claire remains silent as someone she thinks is likely town is lynched and says nothing when her supposed scumread, Athena, was suggested as an alternative lynch.

Why would a townie do this?

Don't just give me "my actions are nonsensical for scum." Give me the townie intent behind your inactivity.

My silence is the exact reason I shouldn't even be a lynch option with Dunns flip. If I said Dunn is town and took that firm stance. I could've got everyone off that wagon period. Because I could've used the fact I know Dunn to my advantage. I could've also wagoned him and taken the cred. So you think scum me does this half ass in between just calling him maybe town and letting him die? I gain nothing from that at all in fact it makes me look iffy. 

Also you're taking my words wrong I didn't say 'yeah Dunns town.' I said he's null because he was doing a scum tell he does and a town tell. I said I wouldn't lynch him today either.  He was getting lynched but he wasn't a townread for me so I wasn't gonna kick and scream at his lynch. Pretty simple.

Sup guys, totally not flaking! I'm just holding a moment of silence to honour the loss of great king Marth.

Alrighty then.

8 hours ago, Shinori said:

Which town games of Sully are you reffering to here? Because I feel his play here is much more like his play in Persona than it was in Anti heroes at least.

As much as it pains me to agree with Sully I think Claire's scum here.

On 30-12-2018 at 9:35 PM, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

I can understand point 1 but this point confuses me slightly. You liked the case but because they didn’t vote that would’ve been enough for you to not join it? That’s...really? I just don’t believe that. It could be a playstyle thing but that sounds outright ridiculous. Also you pushing me isn’t the issue it’s the confidence in the push that’s the issue.
Your 3rd point is super convenient for what you’re getting pushed on. Like you’re getting pushed for X and now you have a perfect excuse for it. Ehhhhhh

In this post, it feels like she's mostly scumreading me for point 3 and previous notions, with a bit of point 2 added I guess (she quoted my point 2). She goes on about point 3 after some prompting:

On 30-12-2018 at 10:07 PM, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Because you saw the main reason people were pushing you so you made up a convenient answer to stop those reasons from pushing you. It's not really that hard to see.

On 30-12-2018 at 10:09 PM, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Like if you said that answer Bart before people said something about your 3rd point I'd prob tr you because then It'd be genuine with no prompt for answer. You can't really do that here because you saw the reasons you were getting pushed and considering we're on a forum mafia game that you can sit and think out your reply. I think you can get why I think your 3rd point is so perfect

And it's pretty clear she thinks me making that point is scummy (not the only reason for her read, but still scummy). So I ask why having a "perfect excuse" is more likely to come from scum than town, and the answer suddenly becomes:

On 31-12-2018 at 9:43 PM, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Because Point 1 and 2 when you were explaining still barely make any sense to me even if we assume that you’re telling the truth on point 3. It’s because if I take out that point I’d still have a sr on you.

So basicly point 3 isn't the issue anymore, and point 1 she could understand at first barely makes sense now? Like, I can see her maybe having stated things less/more strongly than she meant them here and there, but this is being evasive about why she thinks stuff and the very least.

##Vote: @Mitsuru Kirijo

3 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

Can you sort of recap those for me?

I was fine wagoning you because the one game I remember from you. I felt like your presence was much greater and it feels lackluster here. The post you just made is a good start but your whole day 1 just felt really meh to me. 
Weiner I feel you should go back and read my post because I explained that in detail but for cliff notes. He's coasting and his whole defense of bart felt rather off his posts are just...nothing.
Although I don't know how I feel about bart scum with a dunn scum flip.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

So basicly point 3 isn't the issue anymore

Point 3 added to my read on you but the fact remains the same that I would've still scumread you if point three was out of the picture. I don't see how this makes you think I'm scum.

Like honestly Sully's scumread on me is downright the worst of all given his previous comments on me. I basically took the worst possible approach to the Dunn wagon and he thinks I'm scum for it? Sully is the one who said I'm really good at mafia. I'm even better at scum. I've won an SK game hell. People in this game know that I know how to take advantage of situations. I wouldn't be in this spot in the first place if I was scum honestly. (The fact everyone seems to have me and weiner Poe is a bit of a worry but I'll wait on that) 

Ngl Bart, I'm not really seeing your Claire case in that I don't really understand why it makes her scum? I can agree her case on you was bad, but I don't think it's so bad it's scummy

16 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Like honestly Sully's scumread on me is downright the worst of all given his previous comments on me. I basically took the worst possible approach to the Dunn wagon and he thinks I'm scum for it? Sully is the one who said I'm really good at mafia. I'm even better at scum. I've won an SK game hell. People in this game know that I know how to take advantage of situations. I wouldn't be in this spot in the first place if I was scum honestly. (The fact everyone seems to have me and weiner Poe is a bit of a worry but I'll wait on that

I sort of feel that last part, but what do you (also @weinerboy ) think scumteam was doing at EOD if not trying to get a counterwagon going? Dunn was, imo, definitely not a dead man walking, at least before the sully vote, and out there giving spew so idt scumteam gave up on him.

I was waiting for a specific person to post but since it's taking longer than I expected, I'll just explain my full reasoning behind the wienerboy lynch. First off, he stays parked on the Marth lynch for the longest time, although he was present and posting content and it didn't seem like he'd developed tunnel vision on Marth. Then near EOD, but far enough to not be real EOD, he tries to get Via to shift with him, from Ichiho to me. He's still online at real EOD, but doesn't really do anything there. 

6 hours ago, RADicate said:

oops i need to catchup before making posts like that :dankpuff:

that was a pretty natural reaction for xbad 9/10 times we are looking at town xnad here

I'll be clear that I don't scumread Xbad, but you're telling me that you tr him 9/10 because he didn't know who died? It's not out of the realm of possibility to fake, so could you elaborate on that read? FoS RAD. 

14 hours ago, XnadrojX said:

If there was a busser, it'd either be Bart or Via tbh. Dunn's interactions with athena don't read as scumbuddies and I'm hesitant on calling Sully scum.

Via and Dunn interactions don't read as scum buddies to me, especially EOD. Care to explain how via could've possibly bussed? 

2 hours ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

My silence is the exact reason I shouldn't even be a lynch option with Dunns flip. If I said Dunn is town and took that firm stance. I could've got everyone off that wagon period. Because I could've used the fact I know Dunn to my advantage. I could've also wagoned him and taken the cred. So you think scum me does this half ass in between just calling him maybe town and letting him die? I gain nothing from that at all in fact it makes me look iffy. 

The confidence behind this is a little off putting at first, but I can't say you haven't convinced me. 

32 minutes ago, Jester's Gestures said:

I was waiting for a specific person to post but since it's taking longer than I expected, I'll just explain my full reasoning behind the wienerboy lynch. First off, he stays parked on the Marth lynch for the longest time, although he was present and posting content and it didn't seem like he'd developed tunnel vision on Marth. Then near EOD, but far enough to not be real EOD, he tries to get Via to shift with him, from Ichiho to me. He's still online at real EOD, but doesn't really do anything there. 

This is literally not even true btw, I unvoted at page 9 after my wallpost go check it yourself. The mods just made an error and I finally had to correct them later on

Other point is moot given you're the one making it