Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, weinerboy said:

This is literally not even true btw, I unvoted at page 9 after my wallpost go check it yourself. The mods just made an error and I finally had to correct them later on

Other point is moot given you're the one making it

Your unvote was formatted wrong so the script didn't catch it. My bad though because I also missed that, but it doesn't change the fact that there was no vote activity from you until page 16, even though you were quite active in the thread.
How does me making the point make it any less of a point?

3 hours ago, weinerboy said:

- I didn't vote for a long period of time so im scummy
- I handwaved ichigo/marth debacle and had no strong read on ichigo there wanted to lynch someone else so im scummy

Is that about it? Help me help you if I'm missing somethjing

Your reluctance to vote seems like it comes from the perspective of not wanting to draw attention.
How convinient of you to handwave the two largest wagons. Iirc you specifically put both of them as null in a readlist.

Honestly with regard to Claire I feel like I'm running up against a brick wall, so let me just say what I don't like about Claire in this game:

It feels like she ignores/brushes off as much content directed at her as possible, especially my content. Yeah maybe that's because my content sucks, but it annoys me nonetheless. I've never understood the town intent in ignoring even posts you think are stupid, because I don't think my posts are stupid. And this has happened to me in previous games as well, it's almost always scum doing it. 

I also feel like we aren't seeing the kind of progression I expect from Claire. What I expect from town is that at gamestart reads are weak like Marth's early reads were, but they get better as time goes on and more information is obtained. Claire's reads stood out early game as being decent, but her scope really narrowed as D1 went on and I don't feel like I've seen anything from her this phase that matches up to the promise of her early cases.

This isn't much of a case, but I hope this explains why I feel suspicious of Claire and feel like she isn't doing the best she could be doing as town.

15 hours ago, Shinori said:

I want more from this.  Like I want you to expand on this more.

If you mean this, I addressed it, but I didn't tag or quote you because I was explaining in general and not as a direct response.

3 hours ago, Jester's Gestures said:

I was waiting for a specific person to post but since it's taking longer than I expected, I'll just explain my full reasoning behind the wienerboy lynch. First off, he stays parked on the Marth lynch for the longest time, although he was present and posting content and it didn't seem like he'd developed tunnel vision on Marth. Then near EOD, but far enough to not be real EOD, he tries to get Via to shift with him, from Ichiho to me. He's still online at real EOD, but doesn't really do anything there. 

1 hour ago, Jester's Gestures said:

Your unvote was formatted wrong so the script didn't catch it. My bad though because I also missed that, but it doesn't change the fact that there was no vote activity from you until page 16, even though you were quite active in the thread.

Your reluctance to vote seems like it comes from the perspective of not wanting to draw attention.
How convinient of you to handwave the two largest wagons. Iirc you specifically put both of them as null in a readlist.

That's because none of the current wagons were in line with who I wanted to vote, I again talked about this where I said that I felt like my vote would be worthless on Bart despite my own decadence

I handwaved it because it didn't interest me. I said this to Athena but how was I trying to avoid attention by proclaiming I wanted to CFD onto you and even signaled Via to follow me? I can't imagine my plan of not wanting to get attention worked because I've got plenty of it now.

1 hour ago, SullyMcGully said:

You can talk to me if you want, IDK if you'll get a good toneread though.

Shinori where have you been for the past 6 months? Claire is a perfect goddess and I love everything about her, of course I'm going to scumread her poetically.

Talk to me about your reads but try to do in the simplest way possible. Are up to this challenge?

20 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

Talk to me about your reads but try to do in the simplest way possible. Are up to this challenge?

Alright. 

I dislike Claire for reasons previously stated. It doesn't feel like she's all in for this game and her reads aren't very good right now. That combined with confusing EOD behavior yesterday makes her a top scumread for me. 

I said back on D1 that if Dunn flipped scum, I'd find you (Supa) to be potentially scummy due to your interactions with him. I forget why, I think there was something you said back then that rubbed me the wrong way. That along with your own EOD behavior, where you kinda half-heartedly tried to get Jester lynched, is my issue with your slot. I'll read back to see what I was thinking about.

I like Athena's logic this phase. That said it could possibly come from informed scum so I'm not really going to townread him based off of it. You and Claire are kind of the obvious scumreads after what happened in EOD, so scum!Athena could be swooping in for the opportunity to get a double mislynch. Note how he suspects both of you, but leaves things open so that if he's wrong about one of you, he can still go on with trying to lynch the other. I think he has a good case though. Or at least one that's worth considering.

Shinori has been scum in both games I've played with him. That said in each case (P5 and IDNSFMM5) he was very different. P5 Scumnori was extremely volatile and made lots of rageposts. People told me that wasn't unusual for town!Shinori, but he was scum. In IDNSFMM5, Scumnori was calm, collected, and widely townread (he died to SK). I assumed he was town due to the contrast in behavior to P5, and others agreed with me. We were wrong.

In short, I can't read Shinori. And with Marth dead and Via subbed out, there's nobody here who is very familiar, save perhaps Claire but even if she isn't scum, she isn't being extraordinarily helpful right now. Honestly I could see the Marth NK as Scumnori getting rid of somebody who knows him too well. That said as far as actual content goes, I'm fairly null on Shinori. His health issues seem to be keeping him away from the game a lot so he doesn't really have much content.

I'm partial to catch-up posts because I generally have very little idea what's going on in the game, so I liked Jester's entrance. I didn't get bad feelings from Refa's play and I felt like other players were mischaracterizing him as being demotivated. Since I have no idea who Jester is, I don't know if I should expect him to interact more, or be happy with what he's doing as is. I'd prefer if he did the former though.

Additionally, I did find the way Jester unvoted Dunn after he fakeclaimed to almost feel scripted in a way. It could have been a last-ditch attempt to give Dunn a chance, but judging by how Dunn then was OK with a Jester lynch after that, I'm probably just reading into things too much.

Via's slot is definitely town. The emotional breakdown at EOD just proves the point. I wish Via would have stayed in the game as right now the most obvtown slot in the game is being left idle. It's a bit of a waste and I hope we get a sub soon.

I'm willing to chalk up Bartozio's early mishaps to overconfidence at this point and his later deescalation to fear of getting mislynched. His placing on the Dunn lynch is weird too if he was scum, because he knew he would be asleep for deadline and leaving your vote on a buddy whose wagon hadn't caught traction yet in that case seems weird to me. He's not completely clear in my book, but he definitely looks a bit better. Right now I'd say I'm leaning towards town on him.

I don't really know how to read RAD or Xbad and they weren't really involved in the exciting EOD stuff. I suppose I could reread them to look for connections to Dunn/other scumreads, but tonewise I've got nothing. They haven't really posted a lot. I feel like their interactions with each other are the key to finding out if one of them is scum though. Or both of them. Their back-and-forth could be scripted.

I think that's everyone. You guys have 20 minutes to tell me stuff before I go to bed.

7 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Alright. 

I dislike Claire for reasons previously stated. It doesn't feel like she's all in for this game and her reads aren't very good right now. That combined with confusing EOD behavior yesterday makes her a top scumread for me. 

I said back on D1 that if Dunn flipped scum, I'd find you (Supa) to be potentially scummy due to your interactions with him. I forget why, I think there was something you said back then that rubbed me the wrong way. That along with your own EOD behavior, where you kinda half-heartedly tried to get Jester lynched, is my issue with your slot. I'll read back to see what I was thinking about.

I like Athena's logic this phase. That said it could possibly come from informed scum so I'm not really going to townread him based off of it. You and Claire are kind of the obvious scumreads after what happened in EOD, so scum!Athena could be swooping in for the opportunity to get a double mislynch. Note how he suspects both of you, but leaves things open so that if he's wrong about one of you, he can still go on with trying to lynch the other. I think he has a good case though. Or at least one that's worth considering.

Shinori has been scum in both games I've played with him. That said in each case (P5 and IDNSFMM5) he was very different. P5 Scumnori was extremely volatile and made lots of rageposts. People told me that wasn't unusual for town!Shinori, but he was scum. In IDNSFMM5, Scumnori was calm, collected, and widely townread (he died to SK). I assumed he was town due to the contrast in behavior to P5, and others agreed with me. We were wrong.

In short, I can't read Shinori. And with Marth dead and Via subbed out, there's nobody here who is very familiar, save perhaps Claire but even if she isn't scum, she isn't being extraordinarily helpful right now. Honestly I could see the Marth NK as Scumnori getting rid of somebody who knows him too well. That said as far as actual content goes, I'm fairly null on Shinori. His health issues seem to be keeping him away from the game a lot so he doesn't really have much content.

I'm partial to catch-up posts because I generally have very little idea what's going on in the game, so I liked Jester's entrance. I didn't get bad feelings from Refa's play and I felt like other players were mischaracterizing him as being demotivated. Since I have no idea who Jester is, I don't know if I should expect him to interact more, or be happy with what he's doing as is. I'd prefer if he did the former though.

Additionally, I did find the way Jester unvoted Dunn after he fakeclaimed to almost feel scripted in a way. It could have been a last-ditch attempt to give Dunn a chance, but judging by how Dunn then was OK with a Jester lynch after that, I'm probably just reading into things too much.

Via's slot is definitely town. The emotional breakdown at EOD just proves the point. I wish Via would have stayed in the game as right now the most obvtown slot in the game is being left idle. It's a bit of a waste and I hope we get a sub soon.

I'm willing to chalk up Bartozio's early mishaps to overconfidence at this point and his later deescalation to fear of getting mislynched. His placing on the Dunn lynch is weird too if he was scum, because he knew he would be asleep for deadline and leaving your vote on a buddy whose wagon hadn't caught traction yet in that case seems weird to me. He's not completely clear in my book, but he definitely looks a bit better. Right now I'd say I'm leaning towards town on him.

I don't really know how to read RAD or Xbad and they weren't really involved in the exciting EOD stuff. I suppose I could reread them to look for connections to Dunn/other scumreads, but tonewise I've got nothing. They haven't really posted a lot. I feel like their interactions with each other are the key to finding out if one of them is scum though. Or both of them. Their back-and-forth could be scripted.

I think that's everyone. You guys have 20 minutes to tell me stuff before I go to bed.

So if I read this right Me/Claire and then RAD/Xbad as secondaries? What do you think about my conversation with Athena? If you don't want to cover it now you can cover it later, we've still got time.

On 12/30/2018 at 8:40 AM, Ichigo said:

No it wasn't

Here is Dunn defending Claire BTW

On 12/30/2018 at 8:44 AM, Ichigo said:

Funny (Do I need to mention this is sarcasm?), but the agenda would be to get other players scumread, to get the snowball rolling, I think you understand where I'm coming from so acting like you're oblivious is not helpful

I think he doesn't feel coasty

Here is Dunn defending Supa

On 12/31/2018 at 7:29 AM, Ichigo said:

Less sure on Bart, not a townread for me though, I don't care about your stance, I agreed with the following regarding magnificance:

"This post feels off. The bolded part lumps together two players who I feel have been different this game and acts like they're both doing the same thing. And Bart's posts at this point had been very bare-bones, only providing original content when provided. Bart's play up to this point should look scummy in a lot of ways, and people who think Bart is town should be addressing how despite how it looks, it isn't really scummy, instead of pretending there's nothing suspicious there."

And Sully/RADicate are towny

Here is Dunn defending me and RAD.

That's everybody Dunn spoke in favor of this game. This is all from before he was a wagon, so these might be legitimate hints at his buddies. Like, it would be really stupid for him to do that, but given the reason he died, my opinion of his intelligence or dedication to using his intelligence in this game is... not high...

3 hours ago, Shinori said:

I posted some earlier in this day phase too.

I don't read other games.  I don't think they generally correlate massively to ongoing games as people can easily change up game styles.  I think meta has some good reasoning though for specific people, like Via.  The game I was talking about comparing sully to was waifu/husbando which i hosted and sully was in it, then subbed out, then subbed back in and they played decently well in my eyes and most of their posts didn't consist of excess filler/spam which is mainly why it's pinging me as weird but it's not my biggest thoughts behind slightly scumreading sully.

Moving on to other things:

I don't really agree with weiner/claire scumreads based on their interaction with dunn.  I basically ignored the wagon entirely and was wishy washy with the entire dunn situation but no one has questioned me on it but instead are choosing to push claire/weiner? That's weird to me.  I did say at one point in time that i scum read Dunn but I never voted them and was constantly unsure.  What makes claire/weiner worse than me WRT this stuff?

Shinori you weren't online, making posts, at DL.

8 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

So if I read this right Me/Claire and then RAD/Xbad as secondaries? What do you think about my conversation with Athena? If you don't want to cover it now you can cover it later, we've still got time.

I just gave it a quick readover, like I said I like Athena's case, I see they backed down but I fail to see like a smoking gun in any of your responses? So I'm kinda wondering what it is you said that made @Athena_57 decide to let up on pressuring you. 

I'd lynch Claire before you Supa. At least you're contributing.

Just based off of Dunn's play in general I feel like the scumteam is either uncoordinated or demotivated. Dunn basically sunk his own ship and seems largely unsupported except for a few half-hearted attempts in EOD. "Demotivated" is a word I'd use to describe Claire's play right now.

9 hours ago, Jester's Gestures said:

I'll be clear that I don't scumread Xbad, but you're telling me that you tr him 9/10 because he didn't know who died? It's not out of the realm of possibility to fake, so could you elaborate on that read? FoS RAD. 

Via and Dunn interactions don't read as scum buddies to me, especially EOD. Care to explain how via could've possibly bussed? 

The confidence behind this is a little off putting at first, but I can't say you haven't convinced me. 

6 hours ago, Jester's Gestures said:

6 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Honestly with regard to Claire I feel like I'm running up against a brick wall, so let me just say what I don't like about Claire in this game:

It feels like she ignores/brushes off as much content directed at her as possible, especially my content. Yeah maybe that's because my content sucks, but it annoys me nonetheless. I've never understood the town intent in ignoring even posts you think are stupid, because I don't think my posts are stupid. And this has happened to me in previous games as well, it's almost always scum doing it. 

I also feel like we aren't seeing the kind of progression I expect from Claire. What I expect from town is that at gamestart reads are weak like Marth's early reads were, but they get better as time goes on and more information is obtained. Claire's reads stood out early game as being decent, but her scope really narrowed as D1 went on and I don't feel like I've seen anything from her this phase that matches up to the promise of her early cases.

This isn't much of a case, but I hope this explains why I feel suspicious of Claire and feel like she isn't doing the best she could be doing as town.

##Vote: @Jester's Gestures

This feels soooooo agenda-driven. In fact, I think their Day 2 has been reeking of nothing but agenda so far. 

I'm inclined to TR Sully here, they don't seem to gain anything from what they're doing rn if they're scum at all, same reasoning goes to RAD. Which puts Claire and Shinori quite far down my list, I wouldn't mind a wagon forming on one of them. 

I'm like, quite iffy on weinerboy because his recent posts just have a feel to them that makes me not want to believe he's scum, plus I agree with quite a bit of what they said, but they still have their Day 1 bringing down their look.

There isn't enough content for associatives since Day 1 had so many people ignore each other so much, especially re: Dunn and the people they incriminated seems to be in their own bubble, their lack of spew is probably engineered as well which is :c

2 hours ago, Kaif said:

I don't know what the fuck is actually happening rn, can someone give me a quick run down to what has happened smfh.

I would normally scumread this post, but this seems totally like something you'd do from what I've seen of you playing tbh.

I recommend skimming through the whole game, although starting from EoD1 is ok if you really are lazy. It's only like, 20 pages of like 15 posts each? It's not that long.

In fact, many players in the game so far seems disconnected to what's really happening. It seems to just be people making their own bubbles of space and poking other people with their big cases. There's so little direct interaction, it makes me paranoid that there's a deep scum hiding somewhere engineering this "content" to be so interaction-less and mechanical. IDK if it's just me though, because it seems like RAD and maybe the weinerboy are actually trying to make real interaction and throw out gamestate ideas rather than case specific people/defend specific points.

5 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Guess who's sick?
That's right it's me

imo give sicker reads then :dankpuff:

puns :urahype:

anywho im at work (for the next 8 hours) i’ll try to respond to junk but dont expect me to be posting walls or whatnot. If you are looking for a response pong me

OH NO! CLAIRE IS SICK! It's all my fault. I shouldn't have scumread her. Now she feels terrible and it's all because of me! I'm a worthless friend. I'm a worthless Mafia player. Please, just mislynch me and end my misery.

6 hours ago, XnadrojX said:

Someone talk to me about the above post and Jester Gesture's, I feel like the game is focusing too much on the Dunn flip when it's already like, some time into Day 2

You're kinda right, but here's the deal with me personally: I've said this in previous town games if you want to look it up, but I'm really bad a tonereads. And I find tonereading in general to be very hit-or-miss. I prefer to deal in basic facts, like associative reads, NK analysis, and stated stances. I'm not one of those guys who can look at the wording of a paragraph or the tone of a post and get a reliable good/bad feeling from it. So in my world, the Dunn flip is the hugest piece of information I have to go off of so far, and that's why I might focus on what I can get from it/players involvement/reactions to it for a while longer.