Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

I just gave it a quick readover, like I said I like Athena's case, I see they backed down but I fail to see like a smoking gun in any of your responses? So I'm kinda wondering what it is you said that made @Athena_57 decide to let up on pressuring you. 

Tbh the reason I backed down was that it was almost 2AM here and I wanted to sleep lmao

Reason I unvoted earlier today is that I'm less set on one of weiner/claire necessarily being scum than I was and that Kaif post was just a massive ooph for me. So rn I'm thinking whether I want to go Claire or not bc what I'm holding against weiner fits her to some extent as well or whether I just want to drop the two of them entirely for now. (Also part of me is still playing with the thought of voting weiner again) In other words, my unvote is mostly a "Hold on, lemme think"-thing

1 minute ago, RADicate said:

hey @SullyMcGully thoughts on jester rn 

##vote: @Jester's Gestures

Not enough content for me to make a judgment. I don't have a good feel for what Xbad is talking about but I think it's good that he's getting pushed so that he'll make more content. He's kinda flown under the radar, Supa has his case on him but Supa's case was more or less impossible to reply to while Xbad's could get a conversation going.

4 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

@RADicate I'm about to ISO Jester, anything you want me to keep in mind / pay attention to when I do?

Namely the thoughts behind his actions, motivations behind posts (if any) and if no alterior motivation do they have any real substance to them.

Day 2: Automated Votals from #562 to #562

weinerboy (3): Jester's Gestures, Mitsuru Kirijo, Kaif
Jester's Gestures (2): XnadrojX, RADicate
Mitsuru Kirijo (1): Bartozio
Not voting (5): Athena_57, Shinori, Sully McGully, Baldrick, weinerboy

Phase ends in 9h48m. Hammer at 7.

<Beta v2.0.4>

Sorry about being absent most of this phase, work sucks. I'll be more available D3, so look forward to that.

19 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

Ngl Bart, I'm not really seeing your Claire case in that I don't really understand why it makes her scum? I can agree her case on you was bad, but I don't think it's so bad it's scummy

I'm honestly sad you say this, because it reminds me of being bad at explaining stuff and now I'm getting paranoid it's just me not being clear enough

19 hours ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Point 3 added to my read on you but the fact remains the same that I would've still scumread you if point three was out of the picture. I don't see how this makes you think I'm scum.

Okay, I'm somewhat happy you said this, because it helps me explain my point.

Basicly, I asked you why point 3 makes me more scummy. The fact that you have a scumread on me even without this point is irrelevant to that question, because it still adds to me being scummy.

My problem is that it feels like you keep not answering the question and instead are saying things that are irrelevant to my question as an answer (dodging the question). It feels like trying to win an argument despite reasoning instead of with reasoning, which is super scummy, because as town you should at least think your reasoning is correct.

The above is my case on Claire. Her case being bad isn't the important part here, because town can make bad cases as well. The problem is how she's defending her case. Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

I'm going to need to reread Jester and Weiner for a bit, because I've been skimming things way too much, but I'd currently prefer lynching Jester over Weiner. Still prefer Claire, but I'll consolidate if that doesn't catch on.

1 hour ago, Athena_57 said:

I didn't really? Why does it weird you out?

It almost looks scripted. Like it was planned out beforehand that "Dunn's gonna claim, and Jester's going to get off the wagon and act curious about the claim for towncred + a chance to lynch elsewhere."

I mentioned this earlier, I also mentioned that it's weird that Dunn would be OK with a Jester lynch right after that though.

Those are just the thoughts that were in my head when I went back and read it. I wasn't around when Dunn claimed.

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Sorry about being absent most of this phase, work sucks. I'll be more available D3, so look forward to that.

Ever the optimist I see ;)

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

My problem is that it feels like you keep not answering the question and instead are saying things that are irrelevant to my question as an answer (dodging the question). It feels like trying to win an argument despite reasoning instead of with reasoning, which is super scummy, because as town you should at least think your reasoning is correct.

The above is my case on Claire. Her case being bad isn't the important part here, because town can make bad cases as well. The problem is how she's defending her case. Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

Okay, I very much recognize this from waifu mafia where I (town) and Claire (ITP) were in a 1v1 and I had the same feeling when talking to her. I'm down for this. I think. Maybe. This phase sucks   

##Vote: @Mitsuru Kirijo

Ngl by biggest doubt on this vote is that weiner has me second guessing my bart townread a bit so I'm hoping to see more HOT TAKES from Bart today but w/ my weiner read all over the place ig this is the vote I feel best about. At risk of being the claire/weiner of tomorrow I'm going to say I still don't really like the jester case but I agree they've been kinda mediocre today. 

This brings me to my new towncircle which has dropped jester/bart down to null in favour of rad+xnad. I think RAD's turbo suggestion being turned down by dunn combined with overall good tonal pings makes him likely town and if he's confident in town xnad (rad, correct me if I'm wrong here) I'll slap him here as well for now despite nullreading him myself. Baldrick/Sully still town.

47 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Okay, I very much recognize this from waifu mafia where I (town) and Claire (ITP) were in a 1v1 and I had the same feeling when talking to her. I'm down for this. I think. Maybe. This phase sucks   

##Vote: @Mitsuru Kirijo

Ngl by biggest doubt on this vote is that weiner has me second guessing my bart townread a bit so I'm hoping to see more HOT TAKES from Bart today but w/ my weiner read all over the place ig this is the vote I feel best about. At risk of being the claire/weiner of tomorrow I'm going to say I still don't really like the jester case but I agree they've been kinda mediocre today. 

This brings me to my new towncircle which has dropped jester/bart down to null in favour of rad+xnad. I think RAD's turbo suggestion being turned down by dunn combined with overall good tonal pings makes him likely town and if he's confident in town xnad (rad, correct me if I'm wrong here) I'll slap him here as well for now despite nullreading him myself. Baldrick/Sully still town.

yeah im pretty confident in town!xnad 

via notwithstanding its my strongest read atm

11 hours ago, Kaif said:

from what I've read, xnad is town and I don't like this weinerboy guy imo he's trying to lead town and is contributing jackshit (not to say I have contributed anything)
##Vote: @weinerboy

o i went on his profile and saw this post ig he is oops

what are your thoughts on the Claire slot atm kaif?

3 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

If I get kept alive D1 only to be turbo'd D2, I'm ragequitting this game anyway :P

3 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

Ngl by biggest doubt on this vote is that weiner has me second guessing my bart townread a bit so I'm hoping to see more HOT TAKES from Bart today

Now who's being an optimist

Xnad and Rad interaction feels like it has to be town. If they're both scum, this is gonna fall back way too hard on Rads head if Xnad flips, if Xnad is the only scum he's challenging someone who's good at reading him which is lol (and Rad wouldn't be confident in his read without good reason), and if Rad is the only scum he's nailing himself down a townread for no good reason.

Maybe in some odd world scum!Rad felt like he was forced to townread Xnad here,  but then he'd have done it immediately so eh.

5 hours ago, Bartozio said:

I'm going to need to reread Jester and Weiner for a bit, because I've been skimming things way too much, but I'd currently prefer lynching Jester over Weiner. Still prefer Claire, but I'll consolidate if that doesn't catch on.

Gonna take this back after rereading. When I wrote this I had mostly Jester's catch up post and Refa's content in mind, but after reading Jester's more recent posts better I find myself agreeing with most of his posts, or at least the logic behind it (I agree with Claire's defence of her Dun interactions is good, but I find it more likely scum!her got too careful there that town!her is being this evasive for example).

Weiner I feel is almost content with being stuck at this point (there's a lot of thought coming out of him, but it doesn't lead him anywhere, whereas I'd expect it would more). Not really sold on this being scum, but I'm not really sold on anyone being scum outside of Claire, so eh (I only have him, Claire, Kaif, Shinori and Jester to some extend left in the poe pool though, so we're making progress). I'm going to sleep now, so consolidation time.

##Unvote

##Vote: @weinerboy

Yea, I'm checking out as well, this phase end time is pretty awful for me. I'm not going to consolidate bc I don't think my vote is needed to reach the 4 vote benchmark and I don't care enough between these two lynches, so I'd rather leave my vote on Claire in case a wagon there can happen / to prevent stuck votes in case of a PR claim of whatever. 

As for my final take on these wagons: I don't follow the jester case, have him as null, but I think the wagon on him is clean. Weiner read is a mess, think I'm settling on a mild scumlean but his wagon is also a lot more iffy so uh, you guys can have fun figuring this out :thumbsup:

If anyone wants me to consolidate, object in the next half our or so