Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Baldrick said:

This is where I believe people are at wagon-wise. Excluding Bart and Jester's wagons since I townread them they are more widely townread.

image.png.92988c63e959da6fea0a70efb0e2f839.png

Wait, I talked about suspecting Xnad over Rad already?

I'd go Xnad over Rad, yeah. I feel like I can follow Rad's logic better then Xnad's. Xnad's play is also reminding me of training, but since most people townread him there and I haven't played a game with town!him yet I haven't been taking that too seriously.

Kind of annoyed, because while I disliked Shinori's slot in general, him being sick is now an explanation for all of it and BBM is playing pretty towny...

I swear, the only good thing about this game right now is that we can still be wrong twice and the chance of me being misslynched is growing smaller and smaller.

If it wasn't for Xnad and Rad both townreading Kaif (and them actually knowing his meta) I'd lynch there, but I'm going to weigh their knowledge of his meta above my perception of general meta.

##Unvote

##Vote: @XnadrojX

8 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Wait, I talked about suspecting Xnad over Rad already?

I'd go Xnad over Rad, yeah. I feel like I can follow Rad's logic better then Xnad's. Xnad's play is also reminding me of training, but since most people townread him there and I haven't played a game with town!him yet I haven't been taking that too seriously.

Kind of annoyed, because while I disliked Shinori's slot in general, him being sick is now an explanation for all of it and BBM is playing pretty towny...

I swear, the only good thing about this game right now is that we can still be wrong twice and the chance of me being misslynched is growing smaller and smaller.

If it wasn't for Xnad and Rad both townreading Kaif (and them actually knowing his meta) I'd lynch there, but I'm going to weigh their knowledge of his meta above my perception of general meta.

##Unvote

##Vote: @XnadrojX

what about this itteration of xnad reminds you of training, talk me through it? I remember i misread xnad early in training too (the only time to date bar maybe this game where my read on xnad missed its mark)

eh, okay. yeah I guess if scum!xnad would be harder to lynch later it's better to do it first.

##Unvote, ##Vote: @XnadrojX

7 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Xnad's play is also reminding me of training, but since most people townread him there and I haven't played a game with town!him yet I haven't been taking that too seriously.

bit confused by this- was xnad scum in training? don't understand the relevance of most people townreading him there.

Xnad there are only like 7 hours left in the phase if my math is correct so you should claim.

3 minutes ago, BBM said:

eh, okay. yeah I guess if scum!xnad would be harder to lynch later it's better to do it first.

bit confused by this- was xnad scum in training? don't understand the relevance of most people townreading him there.

Xnad there are only like 7 hours left in the phase if my math is correct so you should claim.

xnad was scum in training

1 minute ago, RADicate said:

what about this itteration of xnad reminds you of training, talk me through it? I remember i misread xnad early in training too (the only time to date bar maybe this game where my read on xnad missed its mark)

Short comments, me not understanding much of his logic and him not having a great pressence (not counting his 1v1 with me in training ofc).

1 minute ago, BBM said:

Yes, he was scum. There were people there with knowledge of his meta and everyone townread him, so his play there couldn't have been too far off from his town meta.

so bart are you saying if people townread him there and aren't here does that means he's less likely to be scum? i don't really think that logic makes sense unless you're saying that he plays better as scum than town...

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Short comments, me not understanding much of his logic and him not having a great pressence (not counting his 1v1 with me in training ofc).

Yes, he was scum. There were people there with knowledge of his meta and everyone townread him, so his play there couldn't have been too far off from his town meta.

okay but it was also his scum meta, so if he's playing like that this time it's a point against him

21 minutes ago, BBM said:

so bart are you saying if people townread him there and aren't here does that means he's less likely to be scum? i don't really think that logic makes sense unless you're saying that he plays better as scum than town...

Rad and Athena townread him in this game and they are the only other people who where present in both games.

19 minutes ago, BBM said:

okay but it was also his scum meta, so if he's playing like that this time it's a point against him

Technically you're correct, but without me knowing anything about his town meta I'm not all that confident in meta reads (I've seen people try that on me enough to know it doesn't lead to very accurate results).

Also, like, I'm still counting it as a point against him, just not a very big one.

Reasons why RAD could be scum:

- Lynched Marth along with wienerboy and Ichigo, with flimsy reasoning. 

- Chose to vote Claire over Soup when he was the tiebreak vote. 

- Everyone else minus BBM is simply townier. 

- Gut feeling (I know this isn't really a "legitimate" reason, but that's just how I see it in my head).

Reasons why RAD could be town:

- Suggested CFD from Ichigo to wienerboy D1. 

- Tone has consistently come from a townie sounding perspective. 

- Lacks anything really incriminating. 

All in all this slot feels like a coin flip to me. A coin I'd preferably flip before going into a possible LYLO scenario. 

Yikes why does mobile spacing do an auto double. 

I don't like how BBM's reasoning behind lynching Xnad. Lynching him now because it might be harder to lynch him later seems like it comes from the perspective of someone whose goal is to simply survive. On top of that, Shinori never gave me any townvibes and it's just a matter of PoE. 

##Vote @BBM

Just a heads up but I don't think I'll be around near deadline. 

4 minutes ago, Jester's Gestures said:

Yikes why does mobile spacing do an auto double. 

I don't like how BBM's reasoning behind lynching Xnad. Lynching him now because it might be harder to lynch him later seems like it comes from the perspective of someone whose goal is to simply survive. On top of that, Shinori never gave me any townvibes and it's just a matter of PoE. 

##Vote @BBM

Just a heads up but I don't think I'll be around near deadline. 

I mean, it was Baldrick who first made that statement, and he's locktown so...

What makes you think Xnad is town again?

i dont really think the suggested turbo from one scum to another is a point in rad's favour because that would be HUGE brownie points for both him and ichigo if scum saw that they were going to lose someone that day anyways.

fwiw I wasn't the one to suggest the logic that you're voting me for. i agreed with baldrick's logic there. that's also not my primary reason for voting xnad; if I didn't think there was a chance he was scum I wouldn't vote for him. main reasons for thinking he could be scum are that it seemed like he was trying to shut down discussion on d2 about ichigo interactions, and that his vote on you seemed like it was because you were trying to shut down a townread on him.

I've also said many times that I think Rad is more likely to be scum btw, this is also a consolidation vote since the phase is ending in like 4 hours now.

2 hours ago, Jester's Gestures said:

Reasons why RAD could be scum:

- Lynched Marth along with wienerboy and Ichigo, with flimsy reasoning. 

- Chose to vote Claire over Soup when he was the tiebreak vote. 

- Everyone else minus BBM is simply townier. 

- Gut feeling (I know this isn't really a "legitimate" reason, but that's just how I see it in my head).

Reasons why RAD could be town:

- Suggested CFD from Ichigo to wienerboy D1. 

- Tone has consistently come from a townie sounding perspective. 

- Lacks anything really incriminating. 

All in all this slot feels like a coin flip to me. A coin I'd preferably flip before going into a possible LYLO scenario. 

idk how to respond to this post because i think i have discussed everything this post entails, if you want me to ramble lmk but injust got off work and im tired 

I will give you props for finally dropping your lame point about xnad. Bless up, good work team.

33 minutes ago, RADicate said:

idk how to respond to this post because i think i have discussed everything this post entails, if you want me to ramble lmk but injust got off work and im tired 

I will give you props for finally dropping your lame point about xnad. Bless up, good work team.

For one thing, you should be objecting that he said you chose to vote Claire over Weiner, when I made you tiebreak between Claire and him.