Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

I can understand point 1 but this point confuses me slightly. You liked the case but because they didn’t vote that would’ve been enough for you to not join it? That’s...really? I just don’t believe that. It could be a playstyle thing but that sounds outright ridiculous. Also you pushing me isn’t the issue it’s the confidence in the push that’s the issue.

Uhm... I said I didn't want to muddy the waters before grilling Amy...

So like, I already had you as a viable vote option before grilling her, but didn't want to vote there yet because because it might influance Amy's reaction. And after her reaction I could still vote you, or keep my vote on her if I didn't like the answer and express also suspecting you anyway. I don't see how that's outright ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Your 3rd point is super convenient for what you’re getting pushed on. Like you’re getting pushed for X and now you have a perfect excuse for it. Ehhhhhh

This is like accusing someone of robbing a bank and being mad they have a perfect alibi...

Maybe the reason I have a perfect excuse is just because you are wrong? Like seriously, if you want to push me here, explain why it doesn't hold up?

This return here + the next few posts from Dunn don't change my mind at all bc it was almost all reactive. He doesn't follow up on his Bart scumread and I'm not really sure what his problem w/ Marth is. Vote stays.

@Ichigo What are your thoughts on Barts later posts? What do you think of my stance that Bart's early behaviour is likelier to come from pressurecreating town than opportunistic scum? What about the sully post you quoted makes you believe Marth is scum? Can you give me some townleans?

4 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Overall, I feel better about Bart but some things are still nagging me + some player's defenses of Bart have been very weak and lack town motivation. 

This last bit was interesting to me! Which defenses are you referring to and what makes them not-town motivated?

13 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Right, lets see

Athena started voting me, but his progression to not voting/defending me felt natural enough to me. (content outside of that pinged me though.)

Claire came in and started the real wagon I feel, since a lot of votes after that were sheeping her. Didn't like her reasoning, but from a wagon point of view, it came after Via mentioned he suspected me a bit, but then read my explanation and felt better, and Marth posted he townread me, so definitly not sus in that regard.

Rad was then the first to sheep Claire. He did express some suspision on Claire's post (a different part then the scumred on me), but with how quick that was dropped, it felt more like token suspision to me.

Athena dropped off here then.

Weiner and Refa expressed suspision on me without voting me, which is also intresting in the grand scheme of things. Oh, and Via even.

Then Xnad came in not suspecting me.

Followed by Dunn and Sully's votes. Oh wait, Dunn didn't vote. Still expressed suspision though.

And then Amy also expressed suspision while voting elsewhere.

I could write a whole book work about which scum compositions do and don't make sense based off of this, but that's only going to be relevant after we get flips, so I'm going to hold off there.

Considering not the whole scum team will get behind lynching me though (or at least, that's very unlikely), I'd say it's pretty likely one of Athena or Xnad is scum. That, or scum is spread between voting me and holding off but clearly suspecting me, likely mostly focussed in the later group. Xnad feels most likely from this narative. Going to think about this for a bit, but consider my suspision here risen.

Could you clarify your Claire conclusion, I'm not following it

Wdym token suspicion?

Define interesting for me here.

Your conclusion is kinda weird in that you say scum is between the people sussing you but the names you list are both not doing that. From what I recall of you earlier posts you had sully/claire (the ppl voting you) as town so this leaves weiner/refa/via who are all in my townleans list. What do you think of them?

19 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

I liked some of jordans posting but this struck me out as super scummy. It’s basically going ‘Rad has to read me as town or he’s scum.’ That doesn’t feel very towny at all and just because someone has a great read rate on you doesn’t mean mistakes can’t happen. We’re humans who can fuck up. Not robots who are perfect.

Did I mention town!Bart has a 100% rate on me?

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

This is like accusing someone of robbing a bank and being mad they have a perfect alibi...

Maybe the reason I have a perfect excuse is just because you are wrong? Like seriously, if you want to push me here, explain why it doesn't hold up?

Because you saw the main reason people were pushing you so you made up a convenient answer to stop those reasons from pushing you. It's not really that hard to see.

Like if you said that answer Bart before people said something about your 3rd point I'd prob tr you because then It'd be genuine with no prompt for answer. You can't really do that here because you saw the reasons you were getting pushed and considering we're on a forum mafia game that you can sit and think out your reply. I think you can get why I think your 3rd point is so perfect

3 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

@Shinori What is it that you (falsely?) scumread Dunn for in earlier games?

Seemed like he didn't really put effort into solving in my eyes, always seemed to lurk, I constantly found various flaws in his logic from my point of view and constantly butted heads with him.  On average I constantly felt like he wasn't doing anything in games that I played with him which always made me feel it was scum just not helping town but so far I've been 100% wrong on him.

Claire v Bart is really interesting.

1 minute ago, Athena_57 said:

Could you clarify your Claire conclusion, I'm not following it

The argument itself might be sus, but the timing is not.

Wdym token suspicion?

On 29-12-2018 at 4:03 PM, RADicate said:

ngl kneejerk from the first half of the post felt defensive might just be a tonal thing from claire tho

that aside im down with the read on bartz

##Vote: @Bartozio

Was refering to this post. First line is what I'm refering to. I could see it be there just to make it look like he's not mindlessly sheeping, because he doesn't really follow up on it/mentions Claire still reads null to him (more townlean but meta I think? not really sus at the very least).

Define interesting for me here.

Relevant to the timeline. They don't jump on the wagon, but they still add fuel to it. Possibly because there's already scum on the wagon, and they dislike doubling up.

Your conclusion is kinda weird in that you say scum is between the people sussing you but the names you list are both not doing that. From what I recall of you earlier posts you had sully/claire (the ppl voting you) as town so this leaves weiner/refa/via who are all in my townleans list. What do you think of them?

No, I said I doubt all 3 scum are among the people sussing me. So (at least) one is outside of that. And then I mentioned two people defending me, because it's the most obvious opinion to take to diffirentiate.

I had Sully as town, but not Claire.

Of those three, I have Via as town. Refa and Weiner could go either way (null), slightly more sus of Weiner.

31 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Right, lets see

Athena started voting me, but his progression to not voting/defending me felt natural enough to me. (content outside of that pinged me though.)

Claire came in and started the real wagon I feel, since a lot of votes after that were sheeping her. Didn't like her reasoning, but from a wagon point of view, it came after Via mentioned he suspected me a bit, but then read my explanation and felt better, and Marth posted he townread me, so definitly not sus in that regard.

Rad was then the first to sheep Claire. He did express some suspision on Claire's post (a different part then the scumred on me), but with how quick that was dropped, it felt more like token suspision to me.

Athena dropped off here then.

Weiner and Refa expressed suspision on me without voting me, which is also intresting in the grand scheme of things. Oh, and Via even.

Then Xnad came in not suspecting me.

Followed by Dunn and Sully's votes. Oh wait, Dunn didn't vote. Still expressed suspision though.

And then Amy also expressed suspision while voting elsewhere.

I could write a whole book work about which scum compositions do and don't make sense based off of this, but that's only going to be relevant after we get flips, so I'm going to hold off there.

Considering not the whole scum team will get behind lynching me though (or at least, that's very unlikely), I'd say it's pretty likely one of Athena or Xnad is scum. That, or scum is spread between voting me and holding off but clearly suspecting me, likely mostly focussed in the later group. Xnad feels most likely from this narative. Going to think about this for a bit, but consider my suspision here risen.

I find it funnier that the wagon has dissipated on you and people have become far more scattered than I assumed. Talk a bit more about how you feel about Athena? In terms of how I was reading the situation I talked about it in my wall wherein I said I liked Athena being cautious about those voting you and really I'm not seeing the two of you as scum together and in  perfect world possibly you or him being one. Do you feel like scum would be more likely to commit to you or are they just trying to seem relevant by making sure all discussion stays on you?

13 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Because you saw the main reason people were pushing you so you made up a convenient answer to stop those reasons from pushing you. It's not really that hard to see.

10 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Like if you said that answer Bart before people said something about your 3rd point I'd prob tr you because then It'd be genuine with no prompt for answer. You can't really do that here because you saw the reasons you were getting pushed and considering we're on a forum mafia game that you can sit and think out your reply. I think you can get why I think your 3rd point is so perfect

It's not that I don't see your point, but how is me not feeling the need to give that explanation (I think I've been very clear in stating I thought it was obvious) less likely than me having thought up a perfect excuse? Besides, if I'm scum the "excuse" is factually incorrect, so it can't be perfect?

35 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Hard disagree on this. Nothing the adorable weiner has posted has really struck me as something outside their scumrange. The posting makes sense, yes but that’s...really it. I had them more as a scumlean myself. I don’t think they’re doing much to solve the game. They’re just making ok posts.

Haha well

I feel like I got a decent idea of what's going on but there's missing things for me. I'm trying to not be a broken record about Bart/his situation but this was to me the most telling thing and still is, and everything else just seems like detours. I'm not trying to be condescending but maybe you're just not as interested in this as much as me and can't see what I'm doing? I often feel like the first thing that is stricken turns out to be important because scum have yet to establish presence, and it's very rare for a wagon like Bart's and all of the people talking about them to be something that was just Bart massively fucking up and his mates trying to get involved. I talked about this in the wall u didn't like which hurts my feelings and makes me cry but that's OK I shall soldi- pfftt who am I kidding we agree to disagree

7 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

It's not that I don't see your point, but how is me not feeling the need to give that explanation (I think I've been very clear in stating I thought it was obvious) less likely than me having thought up a perfect excuse? Besides, if I'm scum the "excuse" is factually incorrect, so it can't be perfect?

Considering I was already sring you before the answer to your post that should tell you enough right? Could you have honestly thought that up as town. Yes. Do I think that's what happened? No 

6 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

I find it funnier that the wagon has dissipated on you and people have become far more scattered than I assumed. Talk a bit more about how you feel about Athena? In terms of how I was reading the situation I talked about it in my wall wherein I said I liked Athena being cautious about those voting you and really I'm not seeing the two of you as scum together and in  perfect world possibly you or him being one. Do you feel like scum would be more likely to commit to you or are they just trying to seem relevant by making sure all discussion stays on you?

I'm not really sure what to say about Athena other then: I liked his read progression on me, but I also feel like he'd have a better read on other people (which is really just what I said in my wall).

I think the perfect scenario for scum is that most discusion stays on me, but they get to look like they had some reads on other people (with most discussion being on me, that can be smaller remarks and having some scum/town leans other than me). Fully commiting would only be if they feel it's needed to ensure the lynch (and they feel it's likely enough) or they just don't have anything else to say and want to seem like they're contributing something.

19 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Seemed like he didn't really put effort into solving in my eyes, always seemed to lurk, I constantly found various flaws in his logic from my point of view and constantly butted heads with him.  On average I constantly felt like he wasn't doing anything in games that I played with him which always made me feel it was scum just not helping town but so far I've been 100% wrong on him.

Claire v Bart is really interesting.

I dunno when I read Ichigo in X-site as scum I felt like he had prescient insight about things like small strokes of genius, but here he seems to be only responding to comments made about him exclusively

Maybe you two clash because of ur big egos or somethin

6 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Considering I was already sring you before the answer to your post that should tell you enough right? Could you have honestly thought that up as town. Yes. Do I think that's what happened? No 

If I was aksing which one was most likely, yes the answer was obvious. I asked why though, which you didn't answer.

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I'm not really sure what to say about Athena other then: I liked his read progression on me, but I also feel like he'd have a better read on other people (which is really just what I said in my wall).

I feel flattered

5 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

I dunno when I read Ichigo in X-site as scum I felt like he had prescient insight about things like small strokes of genius, but here he seems to be only responding to comments made about him exclusively

Maybe you two clash because of ur big egos or somethin

What alignment did he have there?

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

I think the perfect scenario for scum is that most discusion stays on me, but they get to look like they had some reads on other people (with most discussion being on me, that can be smaller remarks and having some scum/town leans other than me). Fully commiting would only be if they feel it's needed to ensure the lynch (and they feel it's likely enough) or they just don't have anything else to say and want to seem like they're contributing something.

I dunno Bart I think you're like uh textbook scummy? Yknow, like if I didn't know you and you didn't have the notoriety you do I wouldn't question it but there's a certain stigma due to your constant being misread/mislynched. I know meta isn't always a tell but for your case I think it's important because of your history, so while you've answered what people have done how do you feel about why they did it? I just feel like you're answering but I'm not getting a solid yes/no on the implication of behavior based on who has or hasn't voted you.

Just now, Athena_57 said:

What alignment did he have there?

He was town I was shitposting scumlord who wrote this giant wall and ran was like LOL SOUP IS TOWN NO WAY HE COULD WRITE THAT WALL and let me coast through a  day and then other stuff happened it was great