Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Being lazy/demotivated is an emotional outburst these days?

I didn't ecven read it as an emotional outburst or demotivation.....it couldn't have been that serious?? i wouldn't read too much out of it 

athena and bart are not both scum but this could be scum/town, However bart explaining myself has me feeling All Right, Perhaps, for now

amphy is playing that really-eager-to-be-protown style and it's kind of rubbing me the wrong way (scummy) however that's all I got on that, the weiner post at first I thought was scummy and the "maybe a slight town lean" felt tacked-on but that's ED1 paranoia

I've been playing on another site recently where people are really frugal about their votes and I think it's rubbed off on me I'm kinda not feeling voting anybody yet I'll read again and see if I decide anything

reading again i Definitely don't want to vote claire. the way she's acting is VERY counterproductive for scum and feels impulsive like town would make that's just communicating to everybody in a blunt way they don't feel like participating in D1 yet which is antitown but not scummy, imo. scum would be calling her out and i feel that would stress her out even more (assuming this game is stressing her out at least a smidgen) and cause more tone or vocality in thread than what we've seen! so i'm not goin there but it was nice to visit for a while

17 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

without reading the thread at all whatsoever I'm coming out and betting marth is scum this game. my fortune cookie said so.

saw marth reading the thread earlier...............didnt even post.................i post this.....................he Vanish. coincidence????

4 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Idk if I could play mafia without my free locktown via

this bag of hershey's kisses is 420 calories which means i'm eating the entire thing tonight and kicking myself in my lactose intolerant ass

2 hours ago, Ampharos said:

The answer Refa's going to give you is going to be not quite accurate, because I've made a conscious effort to change my playstyle a bit since the last time I played with Refa.

If you're really curious, my last towngame is here: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/19862-Mountainous-Arson

this is really self-conscious actually and i understand wanting to update everyone on your playstyle but like,

amphy is playing like really antsy scum or when i'm town and having a manic episode and i can't tell, like, what it is. but instinct is telling me not to vote here so I Dont Know guys. it's weird though cuz like, even if players aren't up-to-date on your playstyle it's still important to have second opinions and having these second opinions can also tell you a little about how the other person is playing this game based on how they answer. to cut that discussion abruptly at the drop of a hat is really weird. 

i'm gonna come out (ha) straight up (ha you thought i was gonna say straight) and say i really am not gonna rely on meta this game. i'm testing myself to see how well i can catch cues and agenda-based behavior over off meta, So, I, will only try and deduce things off meta if i am Absolutely stuck and need some guidance. I might look into amphy's meta, later though when I'm not high off my ass, to see how I feel about them in the morning. 

Gonna town read the Dutch bros(bart and athena) for having opening posts that seem very gamesolvey. Their tone feels like they have a strong conviction behind their posts. 

I thought amph's case on Claire was reasonable but Bart brings up a good point that she did the same thing in the last anon game that she played here as mafia and then suck with the rvs vote so I guess the Claire vote is not telling. 

Kinda want a response from Claire before I put my thoughts down on her but I didn't like soup presenting a counterargument to amph without really taking reads in a different direction.  This isn't much to go on but ##unvote ##vote: @weinerboy

7 hours ago, Ampharos said:

You know, I just now figured out this is Claire.

Heyo Ampharos I didn’t know you play mafia to be honest.-Wait you’re a MU mod, of course, you do why did that just click with me.

7 hours ago, Ampharos said:

I'm side-eyeing this post.

Who wants to try to guess why?

I assume by the number of pings I woke up too you explained already but we’ll see, won’t we.

5 hours ago, weinerboy said:

I understand why you're doing it, but I recall a same situation where I made a  (wrong) hipfire read on Claire based on her behavior so have ultimately decided to judge more on the content of other players instead of emotional outbursts

Emotional outbursts? Nothing in this game I’ve posted has been emotional at all. I don’t plan on it either. Last game was because I got personally insulted but I assume that won’t happen again so no worries.

Wow what a stupid post lemme try that again. Basically it's null cause claire is good at playing up her emotions so I like to read her based on how she reads other ppl

Oh that’s much better and a more fair viewpoint carry on  
I was gonna somewhat scumread the post in question because the way it was formated felt like you were gonna give an excuse to not read me. 

5 hours ago, Ampharos said:

If Claire was legitimately looking to jumpstart the game out of RVS, to the point that she considered faking a scumread on someone, would she really be content to go afk and wait for other people to do the work for her?

There's a sense of impatience I'd be expecting to feel behind her posting if that was the case, and I'm not picking up any.

Short answer: Yes.
Long Answer: I expected this game to get out of it fast given how short the day is. I wasn't gonna check in on the game again so I assumed when I woke up we'd have some content. If we didn't I would've done something about it. So I wasn't really worried because seeing this playerlist I expected some useful posting to pop up and I was correct

I dunno, she took a firm stance in my eyes, one that requires an emotional response even if not overtly stated. she seemed annoyed w/ how nobody was being serious and then made sure to tell everyone that she couldve done about it but didn't because ta ta

5 hours ago, Bartozio said:

I feel like this post has impatience behind it? The second line is pretty sarcastic and stuff, lol.

Also as a blanket response to this: I was very clearly (well I guess not so clearly if I have to answer this) making jokes. I wasn’t impatient or anything of the sort. I’m really confused how you can even get that from my posting. Really I feel from my convo from Sully and overall tone it should be clear I was just making lighthearted posting.

4 hours ago, Bartozio said:

K, fair enough. I liked Weiner's play so far, and I think the only agenda he could have for not joining the Claire band wagon is that they're both scum, which is a scenario we might as well consider after lynching Claire.

So let's make Yolo-sempai proud and clap us some Claire I guess?

This is a pretty strange point A to point B mindset that I really really dislike from Bart. He goes on before talking on he’s not so sold on me being scum but I kid you not one post later he goes from ‘ehhh maybe’ to what I just quoted for you. That doesn’t seem real to me. That feels like someone who tried to fake understanding of a read and pretended to buy it right after that as an excuse to vote. His egging on of getting Ampharos to vote doesn’t help either. Just the overall confidence of this post is strange and off.

##Vote: @Bartozio

Woot, more people join the fray!

I swear I'm going to find a way to rig a game so Via is scum and I can actually see if his scum meta is so radicaly different from this, but for now I'll just assume everyone who has that experience is right I guess.

Liked Marth's opening post (or first serious post I guess). I agree that Weiner didn't really open another avenue for conversation, but I also feel like there really wasn't much else to go on? Trying to read Amphy for making the read is a logical next step for him, and I read asking for her meta as him heading in that direction. @Magnificence Incarnate thoughts?

I have to leave now, but I'll respond to Claire later this evening.

8 hours ago, Ampharos said:

Also please go see Into the Spider-Verse.

is it actually good? I had low expectations for it ngl

42 minutes ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Also as a blanket response to this: I was very clearly (well I guess not so clearly if I have to answer this) making jokes. I wasn’t impatient or anything of the sort. I’m really confused how you can even get that from my posting. Really I feel from my convo from Sully and overall tone it should be clear I was just making lighthearted posting.

This is a pretty strange point A to point B mindset that I really really dislike from Bart. He goes on before talking on he’s not so sold on me being scum but I kid you not one post later he goes from ‘ehhh maybe’ to what I just quoted for you. That doesn’t seem real to me. That feels like someone who tried to fake understanding of a read and pretended to buy it right after that as an excuse to vote. His egging on of getting Ampharos to vote doesn’t help either. Just the overall confidence of this post is strange and off.

ngl kneejerk from the first half of the post felt defensive might just be a tonal thing from claire tho

that aside im down with the read on bartz

1 minute ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Ew it's Rad. I guess it can be kinda seen as defensive. I kinda had a 'really?' moment with the whole first part but eh

Ah Claire, its a wonder to see you as always. Please forgive my meager self for daring to criticize your posts, someone as gallant as you cant be scum right?

:notlikenico:

1 minute ago, RADicate said:

Ah Claire, its a wonder to see you as always. Please forgive my meager self for daring to criticize your posts, someone as gallant as you cant be scum right?

:notlikenico:

Tsk of course I'm not scum you fool. Why would I want to work with other dirty scum and get my hands dirty when I can be on my own as a wonderful town

1 minute ago, Mitsuru Kirijo said:

Tsk of course I'm not scum you fool. Why would I want to work with other dirty scum and get my hands dirty when I can be on my own as a wonderful town

Of course, of course. I apologize for doubting you. But so I can prove your superiority to the world you should link me a recent towngame where you put forth considerable effort ~