What game got you into gaming?

Byliyth

I have like, 3.

Super Mario World and Final Fantasy II(As it was known back then)/IV(As it is known now) were my first "real" game experiences, though I had to play them over at a friend's. This piqued my interest, and I'd be super excited whenever I went to visit my cousins and I could play around with their SNES and Genesis collection.

The first real game I had borderline unlimited access to was probably Jumping Flash! when my sister got the OG PS1 for her birthday. That's really when my life started spiraling downhill.

While I did play games every now and then, I never got into gaming until I my mom found a plastic bag full of DS games in an abandoned house when I was nine. I'll never forget playing NSMB, Mario Party DS, Mario Kart DS, and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. I also started reading everything on the SSBB Dojo, and I then realized that there was so much more to gaming that just Mario and Sonic. I wanted to experience what else gaming had to offer, and that's how I got into the medium.

It's been way too long to remember. MY first system, pretty ironically, was actually a Playstation 2 in spite of my current Nintendo focus. Can't remember my first game but I do remember being very into Sonic for as long as I remember. Up until I was introduced to FE Sonic the Hedgehog was my favorite gaming franchise. I even admit I made +100 OCs over the many years I was into the series. I haven't prioritized the games as much about it as of late though it still holds a place in my heart

The first video game I had ever played was one of the Sonic trilogy when I was very young, but I feel like Ocarina of Time was the first game that made me start realizing how incredible video games can be. And only from then on did gaming dwarf any of my other interests or hobbies. Before then it was just Smash Bros. Pokemon, Tetris, and whatever looked cool for the weekend at the local video rental.

Damn what a question.

First game ever was Metroid Prime (I got lucky, dad's a gamer too). At least, the first one I ever beat/remember playing. I'm pretty sure I tried Mario somewhere before or Sonic or something in a family members PC but grew tired of simply walking sideways.

After that, I started by playing games like Jack and Daxter, and followed it up with Tales of Symphonia for a long while.
And then I got into Pokemon, and then Smash, and then, well Fire Emblem, as well as other shooters and whatnot as I grew older.

On a side note, I went pretty off tangent with the question, if I do say so myself.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles. We had the pc version at my grandparents' house and I really liked listening to the music and that got me into the series. I had some games I liked to play before that (mostly stuff like Animal Crossing and Nintendogs), but Sonic was what got me really into gaming.

Watching my Mom play Metroid, and her getting me into gaming when I was 3 with Sonic 2, Mario 3 and Contra among many other games. Same with my Dad as he got me into stuff like Destiny of an Emperor, and such.

For my 11th Christmas I begged for a GBA, somehow my mom decided that I could have it (that was about the only Christmas where my parents actually got me what I wanted).  She gave me Super Mario World 3 with it so that started it, but the game I bought with my Christmas money was the one that really did it and it was Phalanx (I know now it was a release, but I didn't at the time).

I vividly remember thinking about how cool it is you can control a person on a TV screen when my sister was playing the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.  I was probably 5 years old or something at the time.

And my sister has gotten me into a number of other games as well, including FE.