Genealogy and Thracia

ArgentSable

Well, recently I'm replaying FE4 and 5 alongside the rest of the games before Three Houses is released. I already beat them, but I have two questions.

A) What's the "best" translation for Thracia 776? I can't recall and if anybody knows, (or if I'm just blind and it's pretty obvious) just point a finger or tell me where to look and I'll go there.

B) When exactly does FE5 take place inside of Genealogy? I recollect that it's between chapters 6 and 8 right? Or is it more specific and am I just forgetting something pretty important?

Thanks for any help you could throw my way!

On A, I'll be honest and say I've no clue. There's been a lot of talk of improved translations but they're all in progress or permanent hiatus.

On B, you're about right. To be precise, it begins a little before Chapter 6 as Leif started marching before Seliph (Chapter 20 has to end by the time Seliph arrives in Manster District) and ends near the end of Chapter 8 in Manster.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

On A, I'll be honest and say I've no clue. There's been a lot of talk of improved translations but they're all in progress or permanent hiatus.

On B, you're about right. To be precise, it begins a little before Chapter 6 as Leif started marching before Seliph (Chapter 20 has to end by the time Seliph arrives in Manster District) and ends near the end of Chapter 8 in Manster.

Cool, at least I remember when it takes place. I'll keep looking for a good patch but thanks.

There are no good complete T776 translations as of right now. For reasons I'll never understand, nobody's bothered with a proper FE5 project. You either get a nice menu patch, or a spotty translation patch.

@Cirosanis being a cool dude and finally attempting a proper unified version with a new script, but it is only about halfway completed.

Yeah, what everyone else is saying about Thracia, there is not a good complete translation.  Though there's a bad translation that's mostly complete, but it was injected with memes, references, and other such ill-fitting jokes, not to mention the glitches and lack of a proper menu translation.  Cirosan's project is the most promising one, however - it's already roughly half way done and is still actively supported.  He projects it might be done by April/May of next year.  From what I've seen of the script, it looks pretty decent.  I wouldn't know if it's a 1:1 accurate translation, but it's gotta be more accurate than the current "complete" translation out there.

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

There are no good complete T776 translations as of right now. For reasons I'll never understand, nobody's bothered with a proper FE5 project. You either get a nice menu patch, or a spotty translation patch.

@Cirosanis being a cool dude and finally attempting a proper unified version with a new script, but it is only about halfway completed.

Well that's cool, I guess I'll keep up tp date and wait till it's done.

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Yeah, what everyone else is saying about Thracia, there is not a good complete translation.  Though there's a bad translation that's mostly complete, but it was injected with memes, references, and other such ill-fitting jokes, not to mention the glitches and lack of a proper menu translation.  Cirosan's project is the most promising one, however - it's already roughly half way done and is still actively supported.  He projects it might be done by April/May of next year.  From what I've seen of the script, it looks pretty decent.  I wouldn't know if it's a 1:1 accurate translation, but it's gotta be more accurate than the current "complete" translation out there.

Then yeah I do believe that I ended up playing that meme filled one. Probably why I remember the menu's being so weird. Thanks though.

A) Cirosan's translation is certainly the best, but it's halfway done. Though someone else has probably already said this.

B)I believe it's between chapter 6 and 7, though I'm only like 90% sure. I'm still on my first playthrough of Thracia.