Special Heroes (New Year's of Fire and Ice)

Jave

Didn't see a thread for this so... here it is.

Damn, I kinda want all of them... but I want to save for the RD banner... at least it seems Laegjarn is free for everyone.

Edited by Jave

Good, absolutely nothing of value here to tempt me away from trying for New Year's Azura again. Though, kinda like I said in the general thread when these guys were datamined, Hrid (and Gunnthra too for that matter) getting seasonals before numerous other, more popular characters (including several lords) pisses me off so much. 

So yeah, this banner is nothing but complete trash to me.

0/10 Unplayable trash. Not a single one of these heroes is Surtr in a kimono(/s).

In all seriousness, I’m currently debating to myself whether or not Misery in Hand was the right track for this. In fact, now that I think about it, i think there could’ve easily been an original New Year’s themed track for this.

Edited by Jingilator

Jeez finally the banner is officially revealed... looks the theme of this seasonal banner's normal weapons are Chill skills.

Well let's see here we have Green Bow Flier Fjorm with lots of focus on Attack and Speed in her skills. Alright, that's fine, probably gonna wind up better than Legendary Lyn in that regard since at least Fjorm doesn't look to try and be mix phased like Lyn tried to be...

Hrid looks pretty cool in his Kinshi Kimono, and I like his sword, but... Hone Attack 4??? That's literally a Defiant Attack boost though!

Laevatain's new weapon is yet another Staff that lacks an offensive effect, but at least Laev comes with Wrathful Staff. And if she's able to double a Thief, I wonder if that means she's fast...?

Gunnthra... please put your hood hat thing back on, you look strange without it, not bad strange, just "not used to this look on you" strange. I like Hikami's effect though. It's like they Tier 4ed a Threaten Spectrum skill by expanding the range to be much safer on a Player Phase unit... which means Gunnthra is gonna be a nightmare for me to deal with in Arena I'm sure... Also we now have an official name for the effect they gave to Ninian and Marth's Bridal weapons... Joint Hones, eh? Makes sense, makes sense.

Overall... well I'm summoning from this banner regardless, but I need to focus on getting rid of the pity rates on Legendary Azura and Christmas banners first and foremost before I truly focus on this banner.

And lastly the Tempest Trials reward, Laegjarn... I'll guess she'll have Chill Atk on her Lance and will be somewhat similar to her base form statwise, but without the powerful effects of Niu.

Edited by Xenomata

I want Hrid and Gunnthra, but with Olivia and Ryoma, I don't really have need for a flying sword unit. That said, I may pull for the art alone.

Fjorm is also looking nice as I have yet to have a color bow. As for Laev, I can always use more gray 5 stars.

I'll summon but not a lot. Not until the Tellius banner that is. I want Tibarn more than any of them. They could wait since I have a whole month to get them. I have 140 orbs, so I'll have to be careful.

I haven't really changed my mind since the datamine, none are worth pulling for, even Laevatein can just straight up be bought so, probably just gonna either try for some more Christmas units or just save up for eventual Keaton~

My view on this banner has soured a lot due to the announcement of the New Year's bundles and dataminers finding out that they each cost 75 USD.

I don't have a lot of orbs right now since I unloaded 152 orbs on the Legendary Heroes banner and go 1 Azura, 2 Helbindi, 1 Veronica, and 2 Summer Camilla.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Guess I can say goodbye to my streak of obtaining every Nifl unit ever released. 

But also say goodbye to my streak of missing every Muspell unit ever released. Thanks, New Years Laegjern

Seeing that my prospective TT team will be all blue except for Eir, hopefully I can nab one of the swordies for some color balancing so that our runs don't die the moment Surtr appears. But I can't see myself digging much into the orb stockpile for a banner like this. Though I wonder if Joint Hone Spd is inheritable...? Perhaps it's a fourth tier to Hone speed.

Oh my god, Hrid is so sweet-looking in that robe! And Gunnthra... wow, that looks amazing!

I really love the art, Hrid gives me a reason to use base Hones again, and the Chill weapons will be useful if I ever pull extra copies!

Something about Gunnthra's face and voice acting this time around makes her seem like a different character to me

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

My view on this banner has soured a lot due to the announcement of the New Year's bundles and dataminers finding out that they each cost 75 USD.

Yeah anything more than the $4 Black Knight pack is a no for me. If they had trimmed those extras significantly to bring the price down to something reasonable, I'd have considered it, Imaybe

Hrid has Hone Atk 4. Cool! Now I want him more. ^^ I also would like Gunnthra and Laevatein (especially since I couldn't get the latter's normal version after dumping hundreds of orbs on TWO BANNERS TRYING. -_-), but handsome ice prince is my top priority! <3

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

Something about Gunnthra's face and voice acting this time around makes her seem like a different character to me

Yeah anything more than the $4 Black Knight pack is a no for me. If they had trimmed those extras significantly to bring the price down to something reasonable, I'd have considered it, Imaybe

I guess that's weird to me. 
why are they pricing it so expensive - just cut down on the extras, and charge the same amount as the BK pkgs. 

My wallet is dead and I have nearly exhausted all my Story Map Orbs. I want to do one last run with VS!Azura, but I want all these units here too.

52 minutes ago, Johann said:

With a ever so subtle naughty smile and with lines about loosening garments and a near love confession, it's quite they're going for the voluptuous waifu with her.

We knew about them way before they were announced and I have to say though, I don't care about green (have better ranged fliers) and colourless (Veronica doesn't have 30 base Spd) I love red (I need that Gunnthrá and Hríd and my flying team needs attention), but will probably wait a bit since I have six orbs now. I will invest on Laegjarn and she will help me complete my horse team (finally). 

Btw are these two purchase packs the new year's celebration that the schedule said? I never spend money in mobile games and I won't despite how nice that package is, and honestly I expected something like special maps some free orbs and this kind of stuff.

Edited by SuperNova125

Still loving all of this art but I'm so conflicted cause I literally don't need any of these. I'm drowning in Sword fliers and Staff cavs and green bow is meh. Kinda miffed they made two sword fliers too, couldn't one of them have been a blue/green mage? Especially since regular Hrid is also a sword, would've been more fun to give him an other weapon.

I'll do at least one full round on this (though skipping blue) simply because of the beautiful art.

I really want Laevatein but not enough to throw all my orbs at her when I know that beast units are coming and definitely not enough to throw actual money at her even if she's guaranteed.

Good thing it wasn't Helbindi though cause then rip my orb stash and my chances at getting the beasties and then cry in a corner when I get pity broken by Laevatein and Laegjarn just like in his original banner because green orbs don't exist

I hope the chill weapons find their way into the regular summoning pool (doubtful) because I would really like a copy or two of Fjorm's weapon.