$75 USD New Year's Bundles

Some Jerk

2 hours ago, TheWill said:

I'm not sure that's entirely fair. 

Farfetched/Brave Redux has 3-banner units and one-freebie (I think the one who scored the lowest out of the four). Joshua was a TT, now Aversa is a GHB. They're intended to be grouped together, whilst Gharnef isn't meant to be grouped with the OCs.

Gharnef's lack of thematic connection to the banner he was released alongside is pretty unusual these days. If we don't group him with the banner, what do we call him? A 1-character banner?

Good catch on the free one being the lowest-scoring one both times, I hadn't noticed that but you're right.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So having pulled great IVs on Gunnthra with just free orbs, I'm not so sure I'm buying the fire pack. NY!Laevatein is a troubadour and not a flying healer like I mistakenly thought. My Maribelle is +Atk IIRC so NY!Laevatein is behind. $75 is too much to save even a month (or more, it sure is fun to get thrashed by L!Azura cancer teams) of grails. If it was $40, I'd jump, but nope.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

It's funny that I prefer NY Fjorm instead of NY Laevatein, but I would prefer the Grails instead of the Aether Stones. Of course I am not buying this bundles. I still need to buy the Smash Bros Season Pack, and I need to save money for Three Houses.

5 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

That's a reference to a Japanese tradition where children get a gift of money from their parents (or other notable adults around them) on New Year's, not a reference to the bundles.

I know, that's the joke.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'm hearing that the Japanese also don't like the prices of these bundles, so hopefully IS will listen and reduce the cost a bit.

Well, I've already sent my feedback mentioning that a bundle for New Years should actually have a discount instead of just being super pricey. So, I guess if enough players let them know, maybe they'll catch on. Or if they pretty much see no one buying it.

1 minute ago, ArgentSable said:

Well, I've already sent my feedback mentioning that a bundle for New Years should actually have a discount instead of just being super pricey. So, I guess if enough players let them know, maybe they'll catch on. Or if they pretty much see no one buying it.

Yeah, agreed. If I can't pull Laevatein, I wouldn't mind buying her bundle if the price was a bit lower. I'd be willing to go as high as $50.

Edited by Anacybele

Well its cheaper than I was expecting. I was expecting $85. But basically they took the standard $75 bundle and added a bunch of goodies. They ain't going to drop it below that. Heck I know of quite a few people who were fully expecting it to be $99.99 because it included guaranteed limited 5* along with a bunch of other stuff. 

You know, with one little change, not only would I have been OK with the bundles, but I would have even bought one to support FEH

Offered a 5* copy of Hugh/Farina/Rennac/Volke. Bonus points if they weren't obtainable any other way

I'd rather use the money to buy Smash DLC and use the rest for Ace Combat 7 coming out in the middle of January.

Edited by Raven

The bundle is priced as 120 for Aussies (roughly).  So no can buy.

If it was closer to 50 dollars maybe, but I won't be buying either pack since I already spent waay too much getting L!Marth in the attempt for L!Azura.

This is a real blatant cash grab.

Sad thing is they lose nothing by running these packs, and incentivise many to dive in if they were already on the fence about spending to try and summon these units.

It would be nice if, despite the packs, they continue to lose revenue into December and January compared to their more prosperous months. This is nothing but a harmless (for them) "get richer quick" scheme so they can look good to investors to buy themselves more time to string us along and not feel pressured to improve on Heroes. And people with more money than sense are stupid enough to fall into it.

2 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

Well its cheaper than I was expecting. I was expecting $85. But basically they took the standard $75 bundle and added a bunch of goodies. They ain't going to drop it below that. Heck I know of quite a few people who were fully expecting it to be $99.99 because it included guaranteed limited 5* along with a bunch of other stuff. 

That's not neccessarily the case when both Japan and the US aren't really happy about this. If they don't change it, I just hope they use the money to continue improving the game (as they are doing, at least for now). But the whole point of this is to let them know that, though they can't change this one right now, to maybe lay off a little on the pricing for future bundles.

Whale country detected. While I still don't agree with the bundle pricing strategy, it looks like the strategy worked for them. The only real value from the bundle was the bonus character and the orbs, the other resources haven't been an issue yet. If the price tag would've been lower, I might have considered it, even if it comes less orbs in it. Instead I'm going to skip this, and will think about buying orbs when FE6 characters will show up - if it's worth anything for me; I do like to see units from those old games, so I'd feel ok by supporting it a little.

Hard pass on both bundles. Yes, it's a better value than existing packs, but it only really highlights how grotesquely overpriced orbs are to begin with. 

Fjorm Bundle - Aetherstones have no value to me due to Aether Raids being a terrible mode, in my opinion.

Laevatain Bundle - 200 heroic grails are appealing but not nearly enough.

Both Bundles - 10k feathers isn't even enough for a single 5 star promotion. Also, 75 dollars for one 5 star is insulting when a free 5 star TBK was given with a 10 dollar monthly orb promo. Be more generous. 

I was going to comment on this thread yesterday, but was pretty busy and didn't get around to it.

Honestly, I don't see any problem with the bundles except for the fact that IS would probably have gotten more revenue by going down one orb pack size.

Since the price and number of orbs in the bundle is identical to the already-existing 140-orb pack, if they change the price and number of orbs per bundle to the 75-orb pack and make double the number of sales, they'd make more money. And I'm perfectly willing to bet that there are more than twice the number of people that would have been willing to buy the bundles at at the 75-orb size and price than at the 140-orb size and price.

On the other hand, if you're a player that expects to spend 75 USD or more on orbs over the course of this year, this is easily the best time to buy an orb pack... assuming you have the willpower to pace the use of those orbs to compensate.

Considering that the 5-star character and the extra goodies are almost literally free with the bundle.

In the U.S., the 149.98 USD spent on two 140-orb packs is equivalent to 281.3 orbs at the rate of the 75-orb pack (which is the most efficient one in the U.S.), meaning it's the equivalent of getting two 5-star characters, 20,000 feathers, 400 flying rocks, and 200 grails for the cost of 1.3 orbs... if you were already going to be buying at least that many orbs anyways.

Anyways, I've obviously bought both bundles since it's well within my gacha budget.