Favorite fates/awakening child

Ottservia

Cause we have a thread talking about our least favorites why don't we do one for our favorites.

For me its Severa cause I can relate to her struggles of constantly failing living up to the expectations set on to her by others. Not only that but I sympathize with her situation of dealing with all the trauma in her life. Honestly to me behind all that abrasiveness lies a genuinely sweet girl who is curled up in a ball of insecurities and trauma and is too afraid to let out her true feelings. Really the short of it is that Severa is a sad girl that needs a hug and I will be the one to give her that hug. I'm sorry I just really like Severa.

For fates, it has to be either nina or soleil. Neither are particularly deep or nuanced characters but they're both just hilariously entertaining.  Nina just because of how big of a chronic fujoshi she is and it's hilarious to see what kind of interactions it leads to especially in her corrin support.  Soleil because she's just a big energized bundle of joy and it's entertaining to see.

Edited by Otts486

Inigo because he hides his true feelings behind a facade which is something that I often do.

When I first saw him I thought that he was very flat and annoying, but when I read his supports with his parents I realized that there was a lot more to him. Like how he has an hobby that he hides from other people. The only reason why I don't like him as much as some of my favorite characters is because some of the other supports (in awakening) he has I really dislike.

I don't know if this counts but I also like how he seems a lot more mature in fates.

Its a very easy win for three characters. 

In Awakening Morgan easily stands out as the best kid. He or she is always cute, funny, endearing and got killer stats to boot. They are just a very wacky, likable duo. 

For Fates its Siegbert and Forrest since both are such good boys. Siegbert largely goes without a gimmick and instead takes after the classical lord archetype. He's a very nice guy who's insecurities make him sympathetic. Forrest ends up being great because he's much more than his gimmick. They could easily have made Forrest yet another Lucius and called it a day but instead Forrest is portrayed as surprisingly strong willed and with equally surprising leadership skills in the DLC. He's also just that much of a sweetheart in his support. 

For Awakening it's Severa. She was my daughter in my first playthrough and tbh, I was one of the few people who didn't hate her when I first played Awakening. Morgan and Owain are also great too.

For Fates, it's Forrest.

Also sidenote, I'm disappointed this topic doesn't ask our favorite FE4 kid cuz I was ready to gush over Patty XP

Laurent. I like the subtle differences he has with his mother, like how he focuses on helping people in his own way rather than doing stuff "For Science" and how he tries to be a little more understandable with his speech pattern. His recruitment conversation with Chrom is also my favorite in the game, simply because he gets straight to the point and how well it establishes his character.

Gameplay-wise, he can easily become a magical nuke, the level were you recruit him can be accessed early on, and the level itself isn't that bad if you don't try to get the staff, which is optional anyway.

Dwyer. His portrait. I can relate to that on many a morning.

Other than that, Owain. I have a thing for eccentric characters. I find them more interesting to watch

Edited by Arcphoenix

For Awakening it's definitely the Fates trio. It helps we have the most time with them (thanks to Fates) and we see them grow the most. Also I find them to have the best personalities of the bunch too. If I had to pick a favourite out of them, probably Owain tbh. Though I do like all the Awakening kids tbh.

For Fates, Forrest, Ophelia and Nine. I love this trio, they just have great chemistry and I'm attached to them a lot too (especially Nina). Shiro, Siegbert and Midori would also be high up on my list too.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Also sidenote, I'm disappointed this topic doesn't ask our favorite FE4 kid cuz I was ready to gush over Patty XP

Sorry I personally have yet to play fe4 so maybe when that happens or maybe someone else will make a topic who knows.

Lucina's my favorite Awakening kid.  The idea of a reconstruction of the usual kind and charismatic FE protagonist, but placed in a world where she actually fails to save everything, along with some of her quirks like her utterly bizarre lack of fashion sense resulting in her wanting stinky bear hats and tacky dresses emblazoned with Emmeryn polka dots... all of that just makes her an appealing character to me.  Plus she has some genuinely emotional moments in the story, like when she finally revealed her identity to Chrom and the first thing he said was "You deserved better from me than one sword and a world of troubles".

In terms of Fates...  That's actually difficult.  It'd be between Forrest, Shiro, and Mitama, and I like them all for different reasons.  I probably think of Forrest the most out of those three when I'm asked about my opinions on Fates characters, though, so I guess I'll go with him.

Out of all of them, I'd just say Lucina is my favorite.  Favorite enough that I'd pair my favorite character from Fates with a character I don't really care much about just to make some off-shoot of her in the form of a blue-haired Caeldori as a Great Lord.  Off-topic, I want to do that again, but also get Lucina through the amiibo function so that I could have them compete to see who is the better Lucina.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

I would've loved that too, but this is the 3DS era board, so it's only fair that the characters are from that era.

Well, Inigo is my fave Awakening Kid. The interactions with Robin in the Fates Amiibo thing really just make him seem so close to Robin (yes I do ship Robin and Olivia). Plus, his actual personality beneath the flirtatious exterior that he actually has made me like him a whole lot more. Now if it's cuteness, Morgan all the way. 

If I had to pick Fates though, for cuteness, Kana or Soleil. They're adorbs and it's hard to pick (though Soleil's Ophelia support and Kana's Rawr chat is kinda off putting). But if we're going personality wise, I gotta pick Siegbert. He's pretty much Xander without the whole royal filter as I see it (or more of it depending on your view). He's likeable, that's about it.

Severa, I feel the not-good-enough vibe she has and it stands out. Also I like watching her cry. Can't understand why, but I'm a sadistic little (self-censored) where she's concerned. Kjelle's pretty solid too, now that I've actually used her through a couple playthroughs, especially with Aether. And of course one must not forget the chosen hero of darkness, Owain Dark, always love him.

For Fates...yeah, the only child character that really stood out to me was Caeldori, because I like Cordelia and because in her A-Support with Selena she makes her mother cry(again, no clue why that makes me happy, it just does). I guess Ophelia and Rhajat are ok.

1 hour ago, Otts486 said:

Sorry I personally have yet to play fe4 so maybe when that happens or maybe someone else will make a topic who knows.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

I would've loved that too, but this is the 3DS era board, so it's only fair that the characters are from that era.

I guess I’ll just make a board myself then :P

39 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I guess I’ll just make a board myself then :P

I'd love that board as well.

Truth being told, if I could just say my faves, I gotta say Patty, and Larcei. Patty is just so fun to use and a great character all around. And Larcei, well she's Ayra but hotheaded which is cool IMO.

hello resident ophelia lover here to make the bold claim that i love ophelia

Brady's my favorite Awakening child. He's got a really fun character and dynamic with his mom, and a lot of his supports with the other children are great, especially Inigo and Noire. I love Owain too for his really solid character that's built throughout his supports in-between the fun of his personality.

40 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

I'd love that board as well.

Truth being told, if I could just say my faves, I gotta say Patty, and Larcei. Patty is just so fun to use and a great character all around. And Larcei, well she's Ayra but hotheaded which is cool IMO.

You have Patty as your favorite, I love you already

7 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You have Patty as your favorite, I love you already

Aww thanks. I love her interactions with the other characters in 4. Plus I have a soft spot for her x Shannan. Still, nice to see a fellow Patty fan. I just hope that she and Shannan make it into FEH (and hopefully, she'll be really good, like one of the best daggers good)

23 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Aww thanks. I love her interactions with the other characters in 4. Plus I have a soft spot for her x Shannan. Still, nice to see a fellow Patty fan. I just hope that she and Shannan make it into FEH (and hopefully, she'll be really good, like one of the best daggers good)

I hope if Patty gets added into Heroes, she joins with Shannan and comes with a dagger version of the Sleep Sword

Inigo, for me he strikes a balance of his quirks without being obnoxious. His flirtatious nature is just the exterior, he's also a dancer, shy, and a loyal comrade. Plus he's an amazing unit due to Olivia's genes; not so much in Fates.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

7 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Lucina's my favorite Awakening kid.  The idea of a reconstruction of the usual kind and charismatic FE protagonist, but placed in a world where she actually fails to save everything, along with some of her quirks like her utterly bizarre lack of fashion sense resulting in her wanting stinky bear hats and tacky dresses emblazoned with Emmeryn polka dots... all of that just makes her an appealing character to me.  Plus she has some genuinely emotional moments in the story, like when she finally revealed her identity to Chrom and the first thing he said was "You deserved better from me than one sword and a world of troubles".

I broke when I saw this part in the story. Given her station, role and everything else she grew up with, I can't put anyone else in front of her as a favourite for that. I love the whole cast of Awakening but Lucina's seen so much shit and held so much responsibility that I felt she deserves some form of happiness, wound up marrying her and then got hit by Chapter 23 for the equivalent of a second sword in the heart. I love all of Awakening's child characters but Lucina by far had it worst. If I had to rule her out, I'd probably go with Female Morgan. She's a freakin' hoot!

As for Fates... I like Siegbert's chivalrous demeanour, I like Asugi expanding on why he (and by extention Gaius) may have a love for sweets and I find Sophie a great character all around. She counted over 3000 grains of sand for crying out loud! And that's because she felt she needed to be punished and set that punishment for herself! Actually, I think I find Sophie as a more tolerable Sumia.

For Awakening, it'd definitely be Lucina. Excluding her, however, and I have a trickier time deciding. Owain and Inigo are great, but I feel like Brady and Cynthia are underappreciated. I think I might lean towards one of them; Brady or Cynthia, I mean.

Fates is much harder. I'm not terribly fond of any of them, honestly. I suppose Dwyer might take the top spot.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

12 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Severa, I feel the not-good-enough vibe she has and it stands out. Also I like watching her cry. Can't understand why, but I'm a sadistic little (self-censored) where she's concerned.

I actually kind of get this(as weird and sadistic as that sounds). I don’t know about you but to me it just feels nice to see her walls crumble like that. Her abrasive attitude is more a shield if nothing else and she can’t keep that shield up forever. It feels as if whenever it truly happens it’s genuine and feels as though you’re seeing what she’s really like under that hard outer tsun tsun shell. It feels kind of rewarding honestly and I just wanna give her a hug because she’s a sad girl. I dunno if I explained that well but you know. Honestly Severa is just the kind of character I love a ton but can never fully articulate as to why.

Awakening: Honestly, I have a soft spot for all of them, so it's hard to choose. Inigo is my favourite, though. He's a real sweetie who hides his real feelings, and seeing him go from Awakening -> Fates...that is character development.

Fates: Midori! She's a cutie, and I really like how she interacts with Asugi and Kaze. Shame she didn't get a support with Saizo.