Favorite fates/awakening child

Ottservia

Owain and Cynthia for Awakening. Owain for his hammy and over the top personality along with Kaiji Tang's delivery of his voice lines. Cynthia for her cheerful personality. I saw them both as the clowns of their group who tried to keep the future children hopeful and keep their spirits up.

Ophelia for Fates I guess. She has as much of a wacky personality as her father. I never really paid much attention to the children of Fates outside of Ophelia, Nina and Percy and I mostly only care about them due to all the goodies you get for playing their chapters like Horse Spirit and Calamity Gate (Ophelia), Shining Bow (Nina) or even just tons of money (Percy).

My favorite Awakening child is definitely Owain. He is just a very quotable person to me. Inigo is a very close second for though. As for Fates, it is probably Kana. I find them incredibly adorable. M Kana's voice cracks really drive it home for me.

For Awakening, it's Inigo. Besides the bias of him being my son on my first playthough, I do love how he always tries to smile and help others smile when things seem bleak, and how by Fates he's learned not to take this mindset too far.

As for Fates, I'll go with Dwyer. He's pretty funny

Awakening: I have actually been influenced by Owain to do more acting. Which I do alone in my room. Help. Morgan is also a favorite, as you can see.

Fates: I suppose it would be Siegbert. I relate to his struggles a bit.

With my profile picture it really should go without saying, but Morgan. I feel like she's the sort of daughter I'd like to have in real life: cheerful, snarky, diligent, and eager to learn from Dad, but also a little (maybe more than a little) mischievous. She doesn't really have a "gimmick" as is so commonly lambasted among Awakening characters, so there's always something new in her supports. I particularly loved the ones with her parents. The support with you hit all of the right notes when showing her admiration of you and her determination to do better, while the one with her mother (Lucina in my case) both warmed my heart and made me cry a little inside.

Lucina is one of my very favorite characters in the series, but I also really enjoy F!Morgan, Cynthia, Noire, and Owain. Hell I even have a soft spot for Nah (in spite of her weird S supports) and Brady. I'd say the only second gen characters in Awakening I can't stand are Yarne and Kjelle.

In Fates, it's just Shiro. He's one of the best written characters in the game, has a breezy, easy-to-like personality and has a great design.

• 1 month later...

Cynthia for sure. Love her super hero tune, makes me smile all of the time, every time. Also great unit with Chrom or Henry as her dad.

In Fates I do like Dwyer. Use him as my second Jacob, or replacement of Elise. Who always turns out bad for and is way too slow to promote.

Velouria.
I mean, I really like Ophelia and Odin, but I have also used them through (literally) tens of campaigns. In contrast, if I can name Velouria among my most liked units while having used her considerably less, there has to be something special about her. Her character, her phrases, her voice, her looks... Yeah, she is my favourite.

Edited by starburst

• 1 month later...

I might be in the minority here, but Yarne is my favorite kid in Awakening. His support with his dad was hilarious, but also surprisingly meaningful, and while his others are a bit generic, they're enough for me to enjoy reading through them whenever I play. Also he has the best crit quotes in the game, not including "pick a god and pray".

As for Fates, I really like Shiro. Out of all the Fates kids, he's definitely one of the most realistic, and his personality sticks out the most to me as the kind of person anybody would be able to get along with in real life. Besides, he's kind of a beast gameplay wise, or at least, he was for me.

AWAKENING

Severa (Who knew..)

Inigo (Funny and his voice actor is good)

Cynthia (Adorable)

Owain (Who doesn't like him? Seriously?)

FATES

Selena

Laslow

Odin

Selkie

• 3 months later...

In Awakening, Noire, Morgan and Lucina are the best kids. Lucina because she is a main character, Morgan is simply a likeable kid with an interesting but mysterious background, and Noire is a cinnamon that should be protected

In Fates Velouria, Dwyer Forrest and Selkie are the only ones that stand out