What are your guys’ new years resolutions?

Byliyth

I've got a few.

- Get a good job.

- Get a driver's license.

- Succeed in my college classes.

I also want to add "visit Disneyland and/or Myrtle Beach" for the year's main vacations, but I'm not as confident that this will happen. xP

I WANT TO GO TO DISNEYWORLD THIS YEAR but I don't know if I can resolve to do it, not knowing what my financial situation will be

So my resolution is probably to save up for Disneyworld some day

I've already started on mine.  I want to get back down to 135 lbs, and I've lost around 3 pounds so far.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've got a few.

- Get a good job.

- Get a driver's license.

- Succeed in my college classes.

I also want to add "visit Disneyland and/or Myrtle Beach" for the year's main vacations, but I'm not as confident that this will happen. xP

Disneyland or Disneyworld?  Going out to California would probably be a bit harder than Florida.

Try and lose weight, I gotta lay off fried foods (I'm more than likely gonna fail this one) so uh, I guess I'll try to exercise an hour a week (yeah I know it's an hour a day, but I'm fat and lazy so no this is the best I can do)

2 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Try and lose weight, I gotta lay off fried foods (I'm more than likely gonna fail this one) so uh, I guess I'll try to exercise an hour a week (yeah I know it's an hour a day, but I'm fat and lazy so no this is the best I can do)

My biggest thing is laying off pizza.  I've noticed it's very easy to eat to much there, since one slice is a meal's worth of calories, and eating three or four slices is all too easy.

I'm not confident enough in myself to remember everything I want to do, so I made a list and put it on my nightstand as a daily reminder of sorts. My first resolution was to make some resolutions, so I think I successfully succeeded in that department.

Anyway, I'm gonna try taking colder, shorter showers. Apparently cold showers are beneficial and stuff. I'm gonna try to not procrastinate (as much), go to bed earlier, and pay more attention to everything around me, which I kind of suck at.

I've also been trying to get myself more "out there" during group conversations and whatnot. I'm normally a relatively quiet person, so I've tried speaking up a bit more, but no one seems to hear me (either I'm still talking too softly or they're ignoring me, one of the two or both), so I'm gonna cut back on talking out as much if I can.

52 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've already started on mine.  I want to get back down to 135 lbs, and I've lost around 3 pounds so far.

Disneyland or Disneyworld?  Going out to California would probably be a bit harder than Florida.

Uh, Disneyland, as I'd said. XP I've been to Disney World a few times already. I was 3 the one and only time I was at Disneyland.

One minor goal I have every year is to finish at least one Ace Attorney game. I started in 2016, and I've already knocked the Original Trilogy out of the park. Investigations is next.

For major goals, I don't know. I just let change happen naturally instead of trying to force it upon myself.

Edited by YoungLionofAlistel

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

My biggest thing is laying off pizza.  I've noticed it's very easy to eat to much there, since one slice is a meal's worth of calories, and eating three or four slices is all too easy.

Yes three or four, or five or six or oh dang I just ate it all

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

Yep.  Having issues with half of my body because of my most recent escapade.

Are you okay, Eclipse?

Personally, my resolve is to be a better person and friend, to work harder in both school and my side projects, avoid making more enemies, stop hurting myself, avoid conflict, lose weight (I've had some progress), grow taller, and healthily maintain my relationships. However, I'm already worried that I'm not being a good enough friend. Damn insecurity keeps popping up...

• Move towards promotions. Seems like I'm coasting on current job.
  • Stay on current relationship.
  • Lose a little more weight.
  • To get a pet.
  • To drink more.
Edited by Karimlan

- Finish roughly 125 books (Print and Audiobooks) 

- To get a new job less stressful then my previous one.

- Take better care of my mental health.

- Try to enjoy life more.

Edited by Wraith

Without thinking too much about the plausibility of these goals being achieved:

• Get a job, because my internship is due to end. If I'm lucky enough to get this sort of job, even better.
  • Study more. I need to specialize in the languages I wish to work on and stop being amateurish in everything, because that certainly won't get me anywhere. In particular, I want to specialize in Java and Python.
  • Improve my own reasoning and critical skills. I think those are fundamental to make good decisions at life and avoid the worst.
  • Live abroad. I'm very interested in Canada, but anywhere else in a first-world country would do for me. Portugal's also fine.
  • Try to remain resolute through the year, because I end up losing fuel shortly before the week is over.
Edited by Rapier

As a man of religion I was thinking this year I would try to incorporate abstinence from meat on Fridays year round rather than just during Lent. This actually used to be common practice in the past, but for whatever reason it just kinda stopped.

My resolution is the same as it always has been; just be a better person than I was last year.

I actually see the New Year as more of a benchmark than a motivation to change an aspect of my life.  If I look back on the previous year and think "yeah, I wasn't as smart/wise/useful/kind back then as I am now", then I'd generally consider my resolution to be a success.  If not, then I just continue trying to better myself.

Get a job

go on some road trips with my mom since she retired and now has time to do that sort of thing again

watch more anime 

read more

finally play through my big backlog of 3DS games

These are just my top 5.